SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

24 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Oh, most certainly. As the show involved various mysteries and conspiracy things, there was undoubtedly many things that could have still been discovered and explored. However, the unfortunate fact of life is that all things must end some day, and in the end, I did like where it ended. Many shows seem to continue on and on and become stale and less interesting as time goes by, but because Gravity Falls ended where it did, it never fell short of expectations. In other words, it quit while it was ahead, and this made me enjoy it even more.

Anyway, hello Lau!

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

VI. Favorite season?

VII. Fight or flight?

Hello!

1) I'm not familiar with the Chinese elements...are they like the fire, water, wood, etc? If so, fire. No particular reason, it's fascinating to watch when it's contained.

2) Probably Greed and Patience. I always want things that interest me, and it's a flaw that I know will bite me in the rear one day. Patience because I always find myself forgiving people, even if they've hurt me.

3) Like most modern FE players, through Smash. I was playing through the SSE and saw Marth and was like, hot diggity, who is this? Researched him, watched part of an Awakening LP, then played through Awakening myself. FE has been a major part of my life ever since.

4) I was watching Mangs' PoR playthrough, and he kept mentioning SF, so I decided to check it out. It helped that I had no one to talk to irl about FE.

5) I'm a sucker for British history, there's so much, and it's all so interesting. Honestly, I enjoy most history, and I blame my younger self for getting addicted to Hetalia back in the day. As for mythology...Dullahans from Irish mythology are really interesting, as well as many Japanese myths.

6) Summer. I love just sitting in the back garden with a cool drink under the sun with the music blaring.

7) Flight. I'm an absolute coward, so chances are, I'll run away as fast as I can.

Thank you for the questions! :)

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Lau said:

You was the guy with the really cool Chrom sig, right? 

If by that you mean this, then yurp!

Favorite genre of music?

How's college going for you and what are you studying?

Are you into Kingdom Hearts by any chance

Between Alm & Celica, which side did you prefer playing, for any reason?

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

What personality traits do you value most? On the flipside, what personality traits annoy you the most?

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

What video games and TV shows did you grow up with, as a kid?

What are some of the first video games you'd let your future sons/daughters play or try out?

What makes Marth one of your favourite characters?

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

What fears/phobias do you have, or did you have as a kid?

4 hours ago, Motendra said:

If by that you mean this, then yurp!

Favorite genre of music?

How's college going for you and what are you studying?

Are you into Kingdom Hearts by any chance

Between Alm & Celica, which side did you prefer playing, for any reason?

That's the one!

1) I love listening to J-Pop and rock, especially Queen.

2) College is...very tedious, hahah. I'm studying Creative Writing, English Language and History. My final exams are in June, so thankfully it'll all be over soon.

3) Unfortunately, no. I've heard a lot of things about it, and it sounds very interesting. If it comes to the Switch, I'll definitely give it a try.

4) Hmm...I have to say Alm's side. He had Tobin and Berkut, and I loved the whole showdown with Rudolf. Celica had Jedah, and he frustrates me so much.

4 hours ago, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

What personality traits do you value most? On the flipside, what personality traits annoy you the most?

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

What video games and TV shows did you grow up with, as a kid?

What are some of the first video games you'd let your future sons/daughters play or try out?

What makes Marth one of your favourite characters?

Who are some of your favourite ugly characters in fiction?

What fears/phobias do you have, or did you have as a kid?

1) Hmm...I'd say that I'm very shy, and also very cynical. But I'm very considerate of others, even if I don't come across as that online. It's difficult to describe myself, hahah.

2) I value kindness the most. There's no point in hurting others, it'll just come back to bite you. I dislike obnoxious people. I can't handle their loudness.

3) Biggest pet peeves? Oh boy. People who walk slow or stop abruptly in front of you. People who interrupt me. People who shout or scream unnecessarily.

4) Pokemon was my childhood thanks to my older brother, both the games and anime. I also watched Code Lyoko and Teen Titans.

5) Definitely Pokemon. I'd wait until they're older, about ten or so, to let them try out FE and Zelda.

6) Marth introduced me to FE, and helped me get out of the slump I was in at the time. Plus I really love how he's written in SD. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about him is his name, but that's because I always have trouble pronouncing the -th sound, so it comes out as "Marf", embarrassingly so. I can't even pronounce "Thor"...

7) Ugly characters? That's a tricky one...I suppose Bantu. Outside of FE...I like Derek from the Darkest Powers Trilogy.

8) Right now, I hate bugs. Any kind of bugs apart from butterflies. They just crawl or fly in your face, they're awful. When I was a kid...I was petrified of gas masks due to that one Doctor Who episode, as well as those mannequins you see in shop windows.

Thank you for the questions! :)

1. Which FE games have you played?
2. Do you speak any languages other than English?
3. Since you're interested in history, are you interested in the Roman Empire?
4. Do you ever cycle?

On 28-3-2018 at 4:27 PM, Lau said:

5) I'm a sucker for British history

5. Can I ask you questions about 1066?

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

1. Which FE games have you played?
2. Do you speak any languages other than English?
3. Since you're interested in history, are you interested in the Roman Empire?
4. Do you ever cycle?

1) Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon, Awakening, all three paths of Fates, and SoV. Also, TMS, Heroes and Warriors. I've watched LPs of PoR, RD and NMotE.

2) I know bits and pieces of Japanese and French, but that's it, hahah.

3) The Romans never really interested me to be honest, but I do like learning about the Roman gods.

4) I used to cycle a lot when I was younger, my dad would take me all the way down to the outskirts of my town and back. Nowadays, I'm thinking about picking it back up, but I need a new bike.

5) ...If you want, I'll warn you though, I don't know a lot, only about William the Conqueror, the Doomsday Book and that very catchy jingle from that one advert, hahah.

1) Ever had a job outside of being a student? Internships? What kind of work (if any) have you done / do you do?

2) What kind of job are you looking to get when you graduate?

3) Which do you prefer: city life or in the countryside?

4) Follow politics at all? What are your top issues?

5) Something you've never done before that you want to do?

6) Something you've done before that you never want to do again?

7) Craziest thing you've ever done?

8) How hard do you party?

9 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

1) Ever had a job outside of being a student? Internships? What kind of work (if any) have you done / do you do?

2) What kind of job are you looking to get when you graduate?

3) Which do you prefer: city life or in the countryside?

4) Follow politics at all? What are your top issues?

5) Something you've never done before that you want to do?

6) Something you've done before that you never want to do again?

7) Craziest thing you've ever done?

8) How hard do you party?

1) I've never had a job outside of enrichment in school.

2) I would like to work in retail, or get an apprenticeship somewhere. University is out of the question.

3) Country life, definitely. I hate loud noises, so the country would be perfect. ...I also watch a lot of Escape to the Country, and the houses are absolutely gorgeous.

4) Brexit, definitely. I'm all for leaving, but when you have a Prime Minister who doesn't seem to know what she's doing and a party that's more interested in filling their pockets rather than saving lives (one day, NHS, one day...), I just think to myself, what's the point?

5) I would love to go sky diving. Idk why, it just seems really cool, like, you're jumping out of a freaking plane, holy crap.

6) Go on any ride that spins really fast. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

7) Craziest thing? Umm...I threw a bag of popcorn at the TV when the UK got knocked out of the top 10 during Eurovision last year? Does that count?

8) Not very hard, I'll dance, but I don't drink enough to get drunk.

18 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

get out

Hi Lau. Nice to see another female Brit around here~ 

1.Favourite characters to play in FE Warriors?

2. Opinion of Caeda?

3. What makes SoV your favourite FE game?

4. What things do you hope to see in the next FE game?

5. Ever visited Bristol or the surrounding area?

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

get out

Hi Lau. Nice to see another female Brit around here~ 

1.Favourite characters to play in FE Warriors?

2. Opinion of Caeda?

3. What makes SoV your favourite FE game?

4. What things do you hope to see in the next FE game?

5. Ever visited Bristol or the surrounding area?

Hi! Indeed it is.

1) Marth. Bias aside, I love his move set. It's so fast and agile, and flashy to boot.

2) Caeda is my favourite female FE character of all time. I loved how she was written in SD, and her supports in Warriors are fantastic.

3) Honestly, it's the voice acting. I've never heard such an amazing dub in a video game, and it gave the characters that extra bit of depth.

4) I just want a good game with an amazing soundtrack and Echoes style voice acting. I'm telling you though, if it somehow turns out to be a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem...I'll die, and my ghost won't shut up about it, hahah.

5) Unfortunately, no, I haven't. I think the furthest I've gone is Nottingham, and I hated it, hahah.

Thanks for the questions!

VIII. Favorite character from Arthurian legend?

IX. Hot or cold?

X. Favorite Pokemon type?

XI. Favorite Pokemon?

XII. Favorite Zelda game?

XIII. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

XIV. Any personal philosophy or mindset you try to stick to?

1 hour ago, Rex Glacies said:

VIII. Favorite character from Arthurian legend?

IX. Hot or cold?

X. Favorite Pokemon type?

XI. Favorite Pokemon?

XII. Favorite Zelda game?

XIII. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

XIV. Any personal philosophy or mindset you try to stick to?

1) Lancelot, as cliché as it is.

2) Cold. I'd rather be really cold than deal with sweat.

3) Oooh, this is a tricky one...probably the water types. Runner up would be ice, followed by fire.

4) Eevee. It's super cute, and has so much variety evolution wise. Favourite legendary is Lugia.

5) Breath of the Wild so far, but I also really enjoyed Ocarina of Time.

6) I don't know...I've never heard of it.

7) Hmm..."you always need negatives to balance out the positives", and also "treat people the way you want to be treated".

You mentioned this in another thread but, why such a tragic headcanon for Marth/Caeda?

image.thumb.jpeg.9cca305d0158fd6f160d123562f9b1a7.jpeg

I mean, LOOK AT THEM. YOU'RE REALLY OKAY WITH SEPARATING THEM AFTER FINALLY HAVING TIME TO THEMSELVES??????

Spoiler

(don't mind my all caps. Iss just dramatic effect

While I already asked your music preferences, are you at least hip to Big Sean x Jhene Aiko

Who are you supporting in the next VG?
So that I don't have to go against you this time

5 minutes ago, Motendra said:

You mentioned this in another thread but, why such a tragic headcanon for Marth/Caeda?

image.thumb.jpeg.9cca305d0158fd6f160d123562f9b1a7.jpeg

I mean, LOOK AT THEM. YOU'RE REALLY OKAY WITH SEPARATING THEM AFTER FINALLY HAVING TIME TO THEMSELVES??????

Reveal hidden contents

(don't mind my all caps. Iss just dramatic effect

While I already asked your music preferences, are you at least hip to Big Sean x Jhene Aiko

Who are you supporting in the next VG?
So that I don't have to go against you this time

I like to see my favourites suffer. Of course, if it actually happened, I'd be a complete mess. I don't think we're in any danger of either of them dying, so I think they'll be safe, precious babies.

I've...never heard of them. I'm gonna have to check them out.

As for the VG...either Catria or Camilla. I don't have any of the units yet, so it doesn't matter point-wise.

please don't hurt me i'm torn between Archanea and big sister

2 hours ago, Lau said:

I've...never heard of them. 

GUUUUUUUUUUURL Yo ears gon' LEARN

2 hours ago, Lau said:

please don't hurt me i'm torn between Archanea and big sister

Make it Catria cause MACEDON
#MacedonForever

Spoiler

Unlike a certain SOMEONE I know

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Come thru @Arcanite. It's not too late to come back

Spoiler

That being said, I'm considering Kagero for the glory of lord Ryoma and he fact that I pulled her early

What and why is your fav song your fav song?

Have you ever traveled outside of England?

Would you ever want to? And i so, where?

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

GUUUUUUUUUUURL Yo ears gon' LEARN

Make it Catria cause MACEDON
#MacedonForever

Reveal hidden contents

Unlike a certain SOMEONE I know

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Come thru @Arcanite. It's not too late to come back

Reveal hidden contents

That being said, I'm considering Kagero for the glory of lord Ryoma and he fact that I pulled her early

What and why is your fav song your fav song?

Have you ever traveled outside of England?

Would you ever want to? And i so, where?

Catria is sooo tempting, b-but...Camilla...if I pull S!Camilla before the Gauntlet starts, I'm choosing her, if not, Team Catria.

1) Hmmm...there's so many. Off the top of my head:

- "You Can Be King" by Lauren Aquilina. Absolutely gorgeous song with amazing vocals.

- "Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance. It's a headbanger, and was always on the telly when I was younger.

- "Rule the World" by Take That. It played at the end of Stardust and it's just gorgeous.

- "The Power of One" by Donna Summers. Pokemon 2000 was such a great film.

- "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. I come from a family of Titanic enthusiasts.

- "Unravel" from Tokyo Ghoul.

- "Complications" from Durarara!!

- "Silhouette" from Naruto Shippuden.

2) I've been to Spain, but that was years ago.

3) I really, really, really want to go to Japan. Also, a tour around Europe would be nice.

Hello, nice to see British Isles represented.  I'm American, but I'm a British mutt on my father's side.

1: First/Current impression of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and any plans to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: If you were a Fire Emblem character, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

10: Favorite character from every FE game you've played?

11: Least favorite?

12: Favorite FE archetype?

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hello, nice to see British Isles represented.  I'm American, but I'm a British mutt on my father's side.

1: First/Current impression of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and any plans to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: If you were a Fire Emblem character, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

10: Favorite character from every FE game you've played?

11: Least favorite?

12: Favorite FE archetype?

1) I've always thought you were very mature, and had an excellent taste in avatars. Seriously, that Titania is amazing.

2) I aspire to become someone who will be able to make their parents proud, and if I become a millionaire, well, that's just a bonus, hahah.

3) I can't stand misbehaving children if they aren't related to me, as bad as it sounds. I would like to have kids, but as a bisexual woman, we'll have to see if I have them myself, or if I adopt. I just hope to become a good mother if I do.

4) Film: Grease 2. I think it has better songs and overall plot than the original.

Video game: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.

5) Film: Idk...the Hunger Games?

Video game: I don't have one.

6) It's a really nice name, and it reminds me of one of the protagonists from the children's book series I used to read.

7 & 8) I don't really have an opinion on them. I guess it would be odd to see people wear them in public outside of an event, but, eh, more power to them.

9) Archer

HP: 19 (50%)

STR: 6 (35%)

MAG: 2 (15%)

SPD: 8 (40%)

DEF: 5 (60%)

RES: 3 (10%)

10) SD: Marth, Caeda

NMotE (seen a LP): Xane, Tiki

SoV: Tobin, Silque

Blazing Blade: Eliwood, Ninian

SS: Artur, Natasha

PoR (LP): Reyson, Leanne

RD (LP): Ranulf, Micaiah

Awakening: Robin, Olivia

Fates: Kaze, Rinkah

11) SD and NMotE: ...I love all Archaneans, don't be cruel.

SoV: Clive, Clair. Even then, I still quite like them.

Blazing Blade: Legault, Lyn

SS: Ephraim, Lute

PoR: Ike, Mia

RD: Ike, Yune

Awakening: Yarne, Sully

Fates: Corrin, Mitama

12) The Cain and Abel, especially now that they're switching things up like with Saizo and Kaze.

Thank you for the questions!

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Forgiveness or retribution?
10. Efficiency or thoroughness?

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Forgiveness or retribution?
10. Efficiency or thoroughness?

1) Probably southern England, it's gorgeous down there.

2) Hmm...maybe passive? I wouldn't want to force my personal policies onto my people.

3) That's a tricky one. I'd go with legal positivism because I'm of the firm, and possibly controversial belief, that laws should be upheld first and foremost, or else everything comes crashing down.

4) Forgiveness. If you choose retribution, it'll start a never ending cycle.

5) Efficiency.

1. Does your screen name mean you are also ethnically Asian?
  2. Favorite Marth alternate color in the SSB games?
  3. How does it feel seeing Marth and Caeda lack eyeballs in that picture you are using as your avatar?
  4. Favorite character in SoV?
  5. Favorite mushroom?

1. What three words best describe you?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

4. What do you do to de-stress at the end of a long day?

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic? 

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

7. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

8. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

9. What are you most grateful for right now?

10. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges, or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

11. If you could time travel, where would you go?

12. What are your pet peeves?

13. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

14. What has been the most significant or best year of your life so far?

15. What kind of music do you like?

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:
  1. Does your screen name mean you are also ethnically Asian?
  2. Favorite Marth alternate color in the SSB games?
  3. How does it feel seeing Marth and Caeda lack eyeballs in that picture you are using as your avatar?
  4. Favorite character in SoV?
  5. Favorite mushroom?

1) Nope. I'm all British.

2) The black one. So beautiful.

3) It adds to its charm, tbh. I'm a fan of unseen eyes.

4) Tobin is just your average Joe, I love him.

5) I don't have one.

50 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

1. What three words best describe you?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

4. What do you do to de-stress at the end of a long day?

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic? 

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

7. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

8. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

9. What are you most grateful for right now?

10. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges, or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

11. If you could time travel, where would you go?

12. What are your pet peeves?

13. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

14. What has been the most significant or best year of your life so far?

15. What kind of music do you like?

1) Shy, awkward, incompetent.

2) Success should be measured in how you yourself feel. Do you think you did a good job? Are you proud of yourself? At the end of the day, who cares what other people think?

3) A deep fear I have is probably dying. I want to see how my life plays out, I can die when I'm 80, just not now. Irrational fear...gas masks. Screw you, Doctor Who.

4) I read fanfiction and cry over OTPs. I'm one of those.

5) No. I don't think social media has any severe negative impact on people really. If it makes them happy, then that's fine.

6) "All women should wear make-up, do their hair and look drop dead gorgeous". Nah mate, I'm too lazy for that.

"Fat is bad" ...Don't get me started.

7) As selfish or greedy as it sounds...money. You need money to survive in this day and age. Money pays your bills, keeps a roof over your head, feeds you, clothes you.

8) Introvert, definitely. I have little to no social life, and I'm very awkward.

9) Hmm...I'm grateful for being given a chance to hear. Going through life in complete silence is awful, believe me.

10) Ahhh, this is going to sound really bad, but I like things easy...if it's a video game, hahah. If I can't beat a level, I get frustrated and quick. In life...well, a bit of challenge is always nice.

11) I'd like to go to the 1900s. No particular reason, I just want to see what it'd be like.

12) Slow walkers or people who just stop in the middle of the path, loud people, being interrupted.

13) Anime, NCIS, Escape to the Country, Dickinson's Real Deals, Pointless, Tipping Point, Code Lyoko.

14) Hmmm...2010 was when I got my Cochlear Implants, so that's something...2014 was when I got into Smash and FE, thank you Marth. 2017 was definitely the worst year of my life, for very personal reasons.

15) J-pop, Rock, and quite recently, orchestras.

Thank you both for the questions.

SF Interview #170: Gebby
Interview ends on 6/4/2018.

@Gebby

This interview was put on hold earlier due to Gebby's absence. 

This interview will be followed by an extended nomination period, lasting from 6/4 to 10/4.
Nominations for re-interviews will be held then.

SF Interview #170: Gebby
Interview ends on 6/4/2018.

@Gebby

This interview was put on hold earlier due to Gebby's absence. 

This interview will be followed by an extended nomination period, lasting from 6/4 to 10/4.
Nominations for re-interviews will be held then.