SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

35 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

1. Which FE games have you played?

The 3DS era & sort of Blazing Sword. I'm 5 chapter away from finishing it. I didn't finish because of Echoes' release & Heroes constant update, but it's also to motivate myself when I know what's going to happen. Especially since Hector's campaign is a barely any different from Eliwood's but playing it did make Hector a likeable character/lord for me.

41 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

2. What makes Awakening your favorite FE game?

The emphasis on bonds. Granted the downside is that your unit feels like it gets cut down in half. If I'm also being more specific I really do think Awakening has a strong cast. Keeping should be more difficult but Awakening did such a good job on introducing these characters that I never once felt overwhelm by it. It probably helps the majority of the units are recruiting in the early half, paralogues units notwithstanding. For me, Awakening has the some of my favorite cast in any franchise. The last time I've been this invested in a cast was Blazblue. What's make the cast strong in my opinion is the supports. These supports does a such good on exploring characters past & showing more depth to these characters. Although admittedly, the love confession leaves a lot to desire & I did wish there was more platonic/same gender supports.

A question for my peers, is it common reaction to feel that after your Fire Emblem game you feel any other Fire Emblem cast don't live to the cast of your Fire Emblem game?

Fates, Echoes, & Blazing Sword hasn't got me invested the cast like I did with Awakening. I feel like this is because of the way the support mechanics were handled.

4 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

3. Do you speak any languages other than English?

Not enough to be consider bi-lingual, but I know very very little Vietnamese, Spanish, & Japanese.

4. Do you have any interest in history?

Actually I do, but back then my short attention span made it difficult to get engage into them. I have an extremely hard to focus on the task at hand, so it never works out as I hope it does.

Knowing "history" is good way to have more writing materials, especially when you decide to alter them in your stories.

5. Do you ever ride a bike?

For longest time, I did. Unfortunately it got stolen when my little brother used it. It only reinforce my bitterness about people in general.

You should read Natalie's interview.

What page is that?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2018 at 11:49 PM, Zangetsu said:

Smoked weed, over rated as fuck

1) ...elaborate...

2) Which Bleach character(s) would you most want to toke with?

3) Which Fire Emblem character(s) would you most want to toke with?

I used to be interested in this, but people took the subject far too seriously. Not that I can blame them but politics is far too volatile.

4) Do you plan on voting in the November Midterms?

I used to work as a stocker, an assistant chef, & dish washer.

5) Do you watch Food Network? Who is your favorite celebrity chef and who would you want to train under?

6) Whats your dream job?

Edited by Shoblongoo

7 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

1) ...elaborate...

As in getting high is over rated

2) Which Bleach character(s) would you most want to toke with?

If Nel did it now & then so would I, but it seems the most likely candidate is Urahara.

3) Which Fire Emblem character(s) would you most want to toke with?

Maybe Setsuna?

4) Do you plan on voting in the November Midterms?

No, I'm not going to vote for something I don't know about.

5) Do you watch Food Network? Who is your favorite celebrity chef and who would you want to train under?

I'm not that interested in culinary arts anymore, but cooking helps me relax for some reason.

6) Whats your dream job?

On paper I like to think it would be a writer/author & being a game developer, but I don't know these days.

Hello!

1: First/Current Impressions of me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

On 3/21/2018 at 12:11 PM, Rex Glacies said:

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?

VI. What led you to choose the name Zangetsu?

VII. Fight or flight?

You appear to have missed my questions.

1. What three words best describe you?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

4. What do you do to de-stress at the end of a long day?

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic? 

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

7. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

8. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

9. What are you most grateful for right now?

10. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges, or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

11. If you could time travel, where would you go?

12. What are your pet peeves?

13. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

14. What has been the most significant or best year of your life so far?

15. What kind of music do you like?

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Forgiveness or retribution?
10. Efficiency or thoroughness?
11. Have you enjoyed your interview?
12. Is there any question you wish you had been asked, but haven't? If so, what is it and what's the answer?

On 3/24/2018 at 11:54 AM, Rex Glacies said:

You appear to have missed my questions.

Ummm, sorry bout that. I thought I automatically get any notification about whoever wanted to question. I didn't see your question above Natalies's. I was also under the impression no 1 had anymore questions for me. Again, I'm real sorry about that.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:56 PM, Rezzy said:

Hello!

Hi, sorry I took so long to respond. Again, I thought no 1 had anymore questions for me.

1: First/Current Impressions of me?

That you like the GBA/GC era of Fire Emblem. To be honest, I thought I had to go through this imaginative of saying how I got into Fire Emblem because of Awakening & get shun by some of my peers, but this website has "honest to god" have been one of the most pleasant websites I have been at. Some of your comments have reinforce that positivity, so thanks for that. It's been so long to not be on site where a single comment can be so volatile.

2: Aspirations in life?

I like to be voice actor, but that's too much of a pipe dream. I heard the way I sound it's not too notable & vocal range is far too limited, no matter how much I practice.

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

I think kids can be too cruel, but they don't know any better. It easier to deal with relative's & friends' but coming to a stranger house & take care of them can be too much to handle.

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

The Star Wars prequel & Mortal Kombat the movie. I suppose that doesn't really count since they're some people that do like them. I did like the TMNT games in the GC/Xbox/PS2 era despite how bad they were.

Does Bleach count?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

In recent memory, Hunter X Hunter

I don't know what the standard of good is these day & normally when I watch something get overhyped I'm left being indifferent or finding some sort of enjoyment in it. Not with Hunter X Hunter.

So many people over hyped it, saying it so much better than Naruto, Bleach, & occasionally One Piece. One of the best Shonen of all times, but I've never seen such a soul less series in my life. There also a poor use of characters. I know why it's good, but there's far too much talking & planning for me to be invested in. JOJO did this so much better than Hunter ever could. Credit where credit is due, Hisoka is incredibly fun villain & Mureum is one of the best Shonen villain out there. The anime/manga community kept saying how bad Naruto & how god awful Bleach is while praising to all the way to the heaven on how amazing Hunter as series. It's not as creative as JOJO is, it's not on a different scale like Death Note, it's not as fun as One Piece, & it's sure as hell not as good as Full Metal Alchemist. This series is what made left the anime genre altogether. I'm so tired of being told what the standard of good & bad is.

19 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

1. What three words best describe you?

Bitter, cynical, & short-tempered

2. How do you think success should be measured?

By how content & satisfied you are.

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

The closest thing would be the unknown

4. What do you do to de-stress at the end of a long day?

I thought it would be video games, but it's getting harder to commit to any of them

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic? 

I personally believe it vary person to person

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

In the movie theaters, being that one guy that leaves a seat between you & the person next to you. It's full house, move in close as possible people!

7. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

Money to ease the anxiety & free time for procrastination

8. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

An introvert, but I'm noticing that I'm being more an extrovert these days. That's probably because I value local/couch multiplayer & that requires coming over to a friends' place.

9. What are you most grateful for right now?

There's a lot of things I'm grateful for, but the one that frequently comes to mind is "the freedom the express myself." Sometimes I can't how depressing it is that some people can repress for this action & at time I do think people take the ability to express one self for granted. Really don't mean to sound preachy, but I don't know how else to word it.

10. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges, or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

I do enjoy overcoming challenges, but I prefer the easy way out if there is one. I did my best over the years of my life & it felt like it was paying off.

11. If you could time travel, where would you go?

I thought of the 90's but it didn't  sound as good as I recalled. Video games being more than $60? That's pushing it.

12. What are your pet peeves?

People being way too opinionated & judgemental.

13. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

Bojack Horseman, Full Metal Alchemist, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, & DBZ

14. What has been the most significant or best year of your life so far?

I don't have one

15. What kind of music do you like?

I tend to like Rock, but people kept telling I had shit taste in music, so I just listen to video game music now. That & I hate people now.

Edited by Zangetsu

Lau

Mewyeon

4 hours ago, Lau said:

I nominate Motendra.

thanks for the vote BUT...... I was already interviewed a LONG time ago (#28) under a different name. As such, you can't nominate me this round. But there is the next one!

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Ummm, sorry bout that. I thought I automatically get any notification about whoever wanted to question. I didn't see your question above Natalies's. I was also under the impression no 1 had anymore questions for me. Again, I'm real sorry about that.

Perfectly fine. We all make mistakes, so don't worry about it.

But uh, you still can answer those questions if you so desire. If you don't want to that's fine; but still, they're there.

As for nominations, Lau and Soulweaver.

2 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Perfectly fine. We all make mistakes, so don't worry about it.

But uh, you still can answer those questions if you so desire. If you don't want to that's fine; but still, they're there.

Ummm, sorry....again. I was taking my time answering these questions.

On 3/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, Rex Glacies said:

Because of Avatar, all 5 of them has their own appeal.

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

Wrath. I always found the 7 vices to be incredibly engaging & Asura's Wrath only reinforce that belief.

A former friend visit here often. I went here, for help with Blazing Sword, but I decided to become a member for Heroes.

I guess Japanese mythology but I would have read them by now if I really was interested.

VI. What led you to choose the name Zangetsu?

It's Bleach protagonist's sword's name. It's translate roughly into "Moon Slayer" & I had fixation on moons ever since.

VII. Fight or flight?

I would like to think I would fight, but with the way the society goes it probably better to go with flight.

Alright this one a bit more personal, but like nearly everyone else it because of Smash Bros Melee. I try to play Blazing Sword, but I gave up on it.

Fast forward to a decade later, I go around Smash Board & I find a character name "Robin/Avatar" being a vocal request. I was pretty indifferent about it since I want to keep my expectation low. Later on they would reveal that Robin & Lucina would be in Smash 4. I've never been so impress by a trailer before. So much so, that I finally bought Fire Emblem Awakening. I couldn't believe how amazing the game really was. This is why I'm so adamant about Lucina's exclusion. Robin & Lucina are the characters got me into Fire Emblem. To this day I can't still believe I got into a franchise because of a character trailer for a game.

Also a fellow Gravity Fall fan, what did you think of the series ending? Did you think there was more explore in Gravity Fall?

Edited by Zangetsu

21 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

I don't have anywhere particular in mind.

7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?

My kingdom would be in ruin before any infrastructure could be form.

8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?

Justice, but I suppose what justice is too subjective for it's own good.

9. Forgiveness or retribution?

Retribution is a humane feeling. Forgiveness is when you raise above the temptation. So Retribution

10. Efficiency or thoroughness?

Time & place for everything

11. Have you enjoyed your interview?

Surprisingly I did. I thought this would be awkward, but it wasn't. I think this gave me idea on what kind of person I am to myself. I suppose this is what @Infinite Dreams meant about social media causing more narcissism.

12. Is there any question you wish you had been asked, but haven't? If so, what is it and what's the answer?

I suppose my fixation to the Avatars. For me an Avatar help immensely for me to get into a video game. I don't know anything about Kris, but Robin did a good job of getting me engage with the cast of Awakening. This is also why I have a major disdain towards Corrin. InSyst never lets you shape Corrin by any means. If someone shot my sister & my reaction isn't going to be indifferent about it.

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

Lau

Mewyeon

thanks for the vote BUT...... I was already interviewed a LONG time ago (#28) under a different name. As such, you can't nominate me this round. But there is the next one!

Ah, I worried that you was, but I forgot that there was a list of previous interviews and didn't think to go check, my bad :)

Thanks for the nomination!

Lau-chan~

1. What's the story behind your username, if any at all?
  2. Have you enjoyed your time on SF?
  3. Will you be lifting the question limit?
  4. Any specific unit(s) in FEH that you really wanted but can never seem to get?
  5. First/current impression of me?

6 hours ago, Motendra said:

Lau-chan~

1. What's the story behind your username, if any at all?
  2. Have you enjoyed your time on SF?
  3. Will you be lifting the question limit?
  4. Any specific unit(s) in FEH that you really wanted but can never seem to get?
  5. First/current impression of me?

Hi~

1) It's actually short for my real name, Lauren.

2) Definitely. It's fun being able to talk to others about FE since none of my friends play it, unfortunately.

3) You can all ask as many questions you want. I'll try my best to keep up and answer them all. :)

4) Oh god there's so many. Mostly 5* units such as Leo, Linde, Ephraim and Sanaki. I've only ever pulled one Marth, and I'd like to pull more of him to merge him.

5) If I can remember correctly, I first "met" you in the CYL Voting Gauntlet thread. You was the guy with the really cool Chrom sig, right? You seemed absolutely lovely, and you still do. ...Plus you like Marth, that's more than enough, hahah.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:44 AM, Zangetsu said:

Also a fellow Gravity Fall fan, what did you think of the series ending? Did you think there was more explore in Gravity Fall?

Oh, most certainly. As the show involved various mysteries and conspiracy things, there was undoubtedly many things that could have still been discovered and explored. However, the unfortunate fact of life is that all things must end some day, and in the end, I did like where it ended. Many shows seem to continue on and on and become stale and less interesting as time goes by, but because Gravity Falls ended where it did, it never fell short of expectations. In other words, it quit while it was ahead, and this made me enjoy it even more.

Anyway, hello Lau!

VI. Favorite season?

VII. Fight or flight?