SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

41. What's the best theme song in Tellius?
42. How much of an impact has joining SF ended up having on your life?
43. Favorite Roman Emperor(s)?
44. Least favorite Roman Emperor(s)?
45. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41. Power Hungry Fool

42. It's become a part of my daily routine to chat here, and it's a nice community

43. Claudius or Augustus

44. Nero, the glorious neckbeard, but the worse they are, the more interesting they are to read about.  I suppose the worse they can be is forgettable.

45. Here in the Midwestern USA

1 hour ago, Septimius Severus said:

33. What do you think of stupid bums such as Natalie who don't like Pelleas?

i hate you

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

27. Do you need to borrow my wooden spoon?

please

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

33. He's one of my favorite lords.  It's nice seeing a commoner's point of view for a change.

Oooh interesting. I actually like Ike too, which I've always thought quite rare on SF.

35. PoR Ike or RD Ike?

36. Favourite of Ike's outfits?

37. Have you enjoyed your interview?

38. How different do you feel your interview was from last time?

7 minutes ago, Natalie said:

35. PoR Ike or RD Ike?

36. Favourite of Ike's outfits?

37. Have you enjoyed your interview?

38. How different do you feel your interview was from last time?

35. Both are good, but I like PoR Ike's look better.

36. PoR's

37. Oh yes, it's been fun so far.

38.  They've both been fun.  It's nice to give all the new people a chance to ask questions.  I do remember @BLSoldier was the first one to ever give me a nomination, so it's nice to see him back too.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:44 PM, Rezzy said:

8. Currently very positive

First: Ugh a lawyer.  I have a policy to always be kind to people online and not judge, but lawyers, particularly ones involved in medical litigation rub many in my profession the wrong way.  Many feel they are only trying to add more and more regulations, restrictions, and paperwork on our jobs, which makes us spend more time doing paperwork than actual medicine, and have to practice "defensive" medicine ordering more tests than necessary and either over-prescribing antibiotics to patients (or also not giving it when it might be needed, depending on the new policy) or withholding pain medication.  I hope I never came off as rude in our early dealings, and I never disliked you, but that was my honest first impression.  I do my best to be nice and give everybody a chance before judging.

Current: You seem like a fun, interesting guy.  You seem to share a lot of my views and thoughts.  You actually remind me of a class mate who was also a lawyer before going to med school.  (Why anyone would want to go through that much school boggles my mind.)  You reaffirmed my policy of trying to always give people a chance before judging them.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the matter.

Oh wow. That was...surprisingly deep...

I think the first conversation I ever had with you on this site was that in that thread I made about suing pharmaceutical companies for opioid addiction. Looking back on that one I think I came off as a major dick (and probably played into all the worst stereotypes about lawyers). 

Thanks for giving me a chance!

Both my parents are doctors, I spent my whole life listening to lawyer jokes and complaints about malpractice insurance and defensive medicine, and my dad's reaction when I told him I wanted to go to law school was only half-jokingly: "You want to be a lawyer, fine. Sue doctors and you're out of the will."

I was one of the knuckleheads who was actually naive enough to go to law school because I had lofty ideas about justice and civil rights and fighting for the disenfranchised. 

Practicing law kinda knocks the idealism out of you. But after 3 years of scrapping for whatever work I could get in whatever practice area needed the man-hours, I'm at  a place now where I sue pretty much exclusively over unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation against employees who report that their employer is breaking the law.  I feel like I wound up in a good place, that I'm doing good work, and that I'm helping people who have suffered egregious wrongs get justice.  Which is all I ever wanted to do.

I understand why people hate lawyers though, because I've met so many bad ones. There do seem to be and inordinate number of psychopaths and scumbags in the profession; people who just do it for the money and the power, and don't really care about the clients they represent or about doing justice under the law. I never wanna be that person. And I try to have as little contact with those kind of people as I can.
------------------------------------------------

Well thats enough of that; its still your interview. A few more questions before its done:

1) Favorite cocktail?

2) Favorite wine?

3) Favorite beer?

4) How closely do you follow politics? 

5) Planning on voting in November? What are your top issues?

6) Why don't you like talking about feminists? (its surprising because you're so open talking about so many things that would classically be considered feminist ideas, in conversations about relationships and sex and intimacy)

7) Something you do better than your husband?

8) Something your husband does better than you?

9) Something you haven't done before that you want to try?

10) Something you've tried before that you never want to do again?

Should I re-ask each of my questions from before

What's your role in a horror setting? If you die, how did you die?

Have you ever had paella? If so, did you like it? If not, would you try it? (Yes I did ask this before)

Opinion on Hors d'euovres

What kind of casserole do you like, that isn't tuna, tuna is too default

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Oh wow. That was...surprisingly deep...

I think the first conversation I ever had with you on this site was that in that thread I made about suing pharmaceutical companies for opioid addiction. Looking back on that one I think I came off as a major dick (and probably played into all the worst stereotypes about lawyers). 

Thanks for giving me a chance!

Both my parents are doctors, I spent my whole life listening to lawyer jokes and complaints about malpractice insurance and defensive medicine, and my dad's reaction when I told him I wanted to go to law school was only half-jokingly: "You want to be a lawyer, fine. Sue doctors and you're out of the will."

I was one of the knuckleheads who was actually naive enough to go to law school because I had lofty ideas about justice and civil rights and fighting for the disenfranchised. 

Practicing law kinda knocks the idealism out of you. But after 3 years of scrapping for whatever work I could get in whatever practice area needed the man-hours, I'm at  a place now where I sue pretty much exclusively over unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation against employees who report that their employer is breaking the law.  I feel like I wound up in a good place, that I'm doing good work, and that I'm helping people who have suffered egregious wrongs get justice.  Which is all I ever wanted to do.

I understand why people hate lawyers though, because I've met so many bad ones. There do seem to be and inordinate number of psychopaths and scumbags in the profession; people who just do it for the money and the power, and don't really care about the clients they represent or about doing justice under the law. I never wanna be that person. And I try to have as little contact with those kind of people as I can.
------------------------------------------------

Well thats enough of that; its still your interview. A few more questions before its done:

1) Favorite cocktail?

2) Favorite wine?

3) Favorite beer?

4) How closely do you follow politics? 

5) Planning on voting in November? What are your top issues?

6) Why don't you like talking about feminists? (its surprising because you're so open talking about so many things that would classically be considered feminist ideas, in conversations about relationships and sex and intimacy)

7) Something you do better than your husband?

8) Something your husband does better than you?

9) Something you haven't done before that you want to try?

10) Something you've tried before that you never want to do again?

1. I don't drink too much alcohol, so I can't say I have one.

2. I don't drink too much wine, but when I do, I like the fruity kind or Champagne.

3. I used to drink sips out of my dad's beer, but I never developed a taste for it.

4. I follow it enough to stay informed, but sometimes I take prolonged breaks where I try to avoid it from mental exhaustion.

5. Yes, the state of Illinois is a mess, so I'd like to see a shake-up in our executive positions, but I don't think of of the other candidates are any better to be honest.  If I were a masochist, I should have just run for governor myself.

6. I've found that many feminist circles will bash you if you don't agree with everything they think.  Even though I'm a sexual deviant, I'm still very pro-life, and I hate that feminism=abortion for many people.  I feel that womanhood is much more than just that.  I also don't like a lot of the misandry I see there.  I just want men and women to be equal.

7. Manage finance

8. Cook

9. Cosplaying at a medieval festival and/or doing some actual LARPing

10. Go through 25 years of school

8 minutes ago, Soledai said:

Should I re-ask each of my questions from before

What's your role in a horror setting? If you die, how did you die?

Have you ever had paella? If so, did you like it? If not, would you try it? (Yes I did ask this before)

Opinion on Hors d'euovres

What kind of casserole do you like, that isn't tuna, tuna is too default

You can if you like.

1. Now that I'm a bit older, I can't be one of the teenagers that's killed mid-act by Jason.  I guess I'd probably be one of the doctors killed after foolishly reviving the killer or something.

2. I don't think I have since then, either.  I don't get to be too adventuresome since I have to feed my kids, too.

3. They can be nice before a big meal, but sometimes I fill up on them too much and am not hungry for the main course.

4. I do love Tuna, but I guess it would depend.  I'll usually give anything a try if it isn't too spicy.

Okay, I will ask them all again one day. ...And your horror answer is amusing~, though, you can live if you want.

Q. Hi Rezzy, how's life?

Q. Do you tell bedtime stories to your little ones?

Q. Did you know that I predicted you'd say you loved Tuna?

1. What's your favorite genre of music?

2. Who's your favorite band/artist?

3. Favorite breakfast item?

4. What's your favorite B movie?

5. Which of the colors in the color pie best describe you?

tYy5hO6G3aZ-2-cGpQ2GHhcRbzfapw_wZgMOlFt8j_g.jpg

1 hour ago, Soledai said:

Okay, I will ask them all again one day. ...And your horror answer is amusing~, though, you can live if you want.

Q. Hi Rezzy, how's life?

Q. Do you tell bedtime stories to your little ones?

Q. Did you know that I predicted you'd say you loved Tuna?

1. Pretty good, though I wish this cold weather would end.

2. Yep, Leo particularly likes being read to.

3. Dunno, I might have mentioned that I liked Tuna before.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

1. What's your favorite genre of music?

2. Who's your favorite band/artist?

3. Favorite breakfast item?

4. What's your favorite B movie?

5. Which of the colors in the color pie best describe you?

tYy5hO6G3aZ-2-cGpQ2GHhcRbzfapw_wZgMOlFt8j_g.jpg

1. Hard to pick just one.  I like a little bit of everything.

2. They Might Be Giants

3. Pancakes

4. Manos, The Hands of Fate

5. I think I'm more on the Knowledge/Blue side of things on both of its axes.  More Order over Chaos, more individual over group, and more preservation over exploitation.

Well, thank you for the questions, everybody!  It's been fun!  It's been an honor to be elected for an interview again.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

2. They Might Be Giants

I went through a big TMBG phase during high school. I still love them, but back then they were like, all I listened to. Got to meet them once at a free concert a few towns over.

• Favorite TMBG songs?
  • Do you have a favorite album from them?
  • How did you discover them?

34 minutes ago, Johann said:

I went through a big TMBG phase during high school. I still love them, but back then they were like, all I listened to. Got to meet them once at a free concert a few towns over.

• Favorite TMBG songs?
  • Do you have a favorite album from them?
  • How did you discover them?

Sadly, my interview time is over, but I'll answer these last ones if it's okay with Hatt.

1. James K. Polk and Constantinople/Istanbul

2. Hard to pick just one, but maybe Flood, if I had to pick

3. A friend of mine burned a CD with a lot of their songs for me.

how did I just find this?

Anyways, I have a couple of questions for Rezzy.

1. What's your favorite season?
  2. Favorite Flower?
  3. Do you have a favorite mythology/set of stories?
  4. Do you enjoy swimming?
  5. Do you know the Muffin Man?

VincentASM would be interesting.

10 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I want to see VincentASM, I've got some questions for him

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

how did I just find this?

Anyways, I have a couple of questions for Rezzy.

1. What's your favorite season?
  2. Favorite Flower?
  3. Do you have a favorite mythology/set of stories?
  4. Do you enjoy swimming?
  5. Do you know the Muffin Man?

VincentASM would be interesting.

Rezzy's interview is over now and VincentASM has already been interviewed. 
You may nominate someone else instead.

2 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

I'll nominate Soulweaver and Armagon.

@Dandy Druid I answered your questions in the counting thread, since that's a nice place for random conversation.