SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

Hello Soulweaver!

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most associate with?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. What led you to choose the name Soulweaver?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

1: First/Current Impressions of Me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

You guys are really gonna have to tag me or Quote something I say on here so I know, I nearly forgot about this after getting home though that's because tax crap and identity issues yay. Anyways, here we go?
I would also like to hear why you guys ask some of these if you have time - I know Rex usually starts off with a set list before individualizing any questions, for example, while some people just throw out whatever springs to mind.

6 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Hello Soulweaver!

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most associate with?

V. What led you to choose the name Soulweaver?

I assume Classical is Fire-Water-Earth-Wind? If so, probably Wind - Wind looks at everyone who would chain it down, gives them the bird, and leaves. Except Vacuum. Wind doesn't like that guy. Oh, and I relate to Air Toa not taking anything seriously enough, so I suppose that factors in. Leave it to BIONICLE to influence my choice in Elements. As for Chinese...I had to look them up. First off, somebody make that the Weapon Triangle for a future Fire Emblem(with the normal Weapon Triangle being fitted into Metal's place and adding Magic for all the others), the game isn't complicated enough yet. As for favorite, that's a bit trickier, especially if you mean in context since my comp only loaded pictures of the 'Weapon Pentagram' for me without explanations as to why they fit where they do or what they represent and refuses to load any of the websites off the search. On their own...still tricky, but probably Water - something about Water's showcasing of both perfect serenity and neverending rage appeals to me.

Hm...I want to say Anger, considering my original member title on here was 'Eternally Raging RoyBoy' and my member title on the Yu-Gi-Oh! Cardmaker Forums is(I think, it's been a bit since I logged in there) still 'He who Rages Eternally' not to mention one of my favorite characters to write about has sometimes-severe anger problems, but I also spend way too much time loafing around on here so I guess Sloth might do in a pinch. Virtues...I had to look those up because me being me I knew all the bad ones by heart but forgot to learn the good ones somewhere along the way. I ended up with three or four different variations, so I'll go off of the first image setup I saw when googling it. I think I might go with Humility(depending on whether it can be considered humble for me to say I think I'm humble) as I don't usually like to say I'm all that, nor do I appreciate it terribly when people call me out for something good I've done, preferring to keep my good deeds(the few that occur) mysterious and anonymous if possible.

I blame Sakurai - though Melee somehow got me hooked on Roy(I really have no clue how it happened, he's so freaking bad if you're not a dedicated main), my first foray into actual Fire Emblem was after hearing Lucina's special win quotes against Marth and Ike. I wanted to know who this random wench(as I don't allow myself to use the word most would) thought she was, talking down to such heroes like that, plus I was curious about Robin as well, so I bought Awakening one day walking home from work, decreed I would beat all the DLC(oddly enough, I'm only missing the Elincia one, and I haven't beaten Apotheosis Secret Path yet) and obtain a 100% Support Log before formally quitting the game, and eventually realized I apparently have a weird thing for redheads(which I may or may not have realized only after also playing several other games and may or may not have hit me only upon seeing Cordelia in a swimsuit for the first time[*heavy breathing*]).

Actually, this was Kingdom Hearts' fault. I found out there was a KH card game during a Pokemon TCG Cities probably around five years ago since the store we played at had a box of the packs, but had no money to spend on them. To this day I have yet to see another store with KH cards, but a little while after Fates came out I was digging around the KH Wiki in search of help with a bossfight for KH2 and ran into the page for the cards, which led me to wonder if Fire Emblem had a card game, so of course I found out about Cipher, and decided I'd buy two of the Structure Decks(Chrom and Ike) and teach myself how to play. This of course required me to find rules, so I just googled it and the original Serenes Thread about the game came up. While I don't agree that the thread did a good job explaining everything(I was especially confused about Bonds and how they worked until I happened to meet some guys at my local game store who also played by a beautiful happenstance), it did eventually lead me to make my own Blog Post on the Fire Emblem Wikia detailing the game's rules as best as I could, which can still be found through a link in my About Me page, and it led me here, so it was good in the end.

The SoulWeaver is my favorite Class in DragonFable, and would be my favorite Class in AdventureQuest Worlds but it's not a Class there so RIP that. It's also the main Class of the main character in my Story I write in from time to time, who is also technically me, so it kind of seemed fitting. Plus it just sounds pretty epic.

I'm gonna have to get to yours tomorrow, @Rezzy, I've gotta go and won't have time to get back on tonight. Sorry, I will answer them though!

Alright @SoulWeaver; opening volley

1) What do you do in real life? (i.e. what kind of job do you have? what are you studying?)

2) Whats something you've never done before that you want to try?

3) Whats something you've tried before that you never want to try again?

4) Wildest thing you've ever done?

5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hello, hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

1: First/Current Impressions of Me?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

Let's see...First Impression was 'oh hey, a drawer - uh, artist. Cool.' or something to that effect, I don't recall the first thread I saw you on. Current...well, you say you're a mom and like a decade older than I am, but I see plenty of stuff by you that makes me question this as sometimes you seem more of a child than the actual children on here do, rude though that may sound depending on context. Overall, you seem like a pretty chill lady to know.

I drew up the blueprints to a Gingerbread house once...did I say that out loud? I actually haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure out what exactly I want to do in life. I would like to get married and have a family at some point, I suppose that counts, and being the guy making the games everyone else plays has sounded pretty sweet for a while now, so I guess you could say I aspire to be a father and husband, and hopefully a game designer. Oh, and learning Japanese has been on my mind for some time, though I haven't really got around to actually starting to learn beyond listening to VOCALOID music and memorizing some songs(I can sing almost all of Lost One no Goukoku in English and I know the first verse of Electric Angel and a little of Double Lariat). I guess I have also been wanting to make VOCALOID music for some time as well now that I think about it.

For the most part I like them, but it also depends on the kid - I have a cousin who can really drive me up the wall some days, though this is mostly because I'm pretty sure he has some variation of ADHD and possibly high-functioning Autism(but don't quote me on either of those because I'm nowhere near certified for that), plus he's at that age little guys get when everything(EVERYTHING) becomes a sword once you find the handle. I do want children, but I'm also concerned my wife will fight me about naming them - names I find I like include Ether(Female), Xi(Female), and Lin'quon(Male, don't ask how I came up with that one because I have no idea), while chances are my wife is just going to want normal people names.

I found Black Panther rather disappointing. As a gamer, I put a lot of emphasis on bossfights and how they're handled, and quite a few movies recently have let me down in that aspect, though the fight at the waterfall wasn't too bad. In addition, literally nobody of any importance dies - in fact, there are only two deaths played to be important, one of which is a guy who literally said 'Kill me so I can redeem myself for my past sins' and the other was a nameless Royal Guard member who somehow was so enormously important they had to slow-mo the kill, and it was somehow the one thing that convinced the other Royal Guards they needed to fight against Killmonger...even though they were already fighting him just then anyways. There's also the fact that after it came out I heard a bunch of black people on TV talking about how they 'finally had their own superhero' even though Luke Cage has been black for all kinds of time, and even Black Panther himself is old enough that when they initially said there wasn't enough white people in his comic they just slapped in him fighting the KKK, so...it really got under my skin that they were acting like he'd just been thought up yesterday for some reason, and that kind of soured the movie for me.

BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui uh, I mean...you know what, screw it, freaking BIONICLE. This actually came up at work literally two days ago, and two of my coworkers would 100% have strangled me if we hadn't been at work when I said I found BIONICLE 2 inspiring - as it was, the scripture quote 'and they laughed me to scorn' applied quite handily. Admittedly, the animation could use some work(especially the run cycle, it hurts to watch at times), and it skips the entire search for the Matoran who knew the locations of the Great Disks, not to mention the search for the Disks themselves, or the fight with the Morbuzahk, OR the subsequent battle in the deep Archives with the Krahka, all of which occurred before the scene where Duma ironically(for those who knew the lore, anyways) says Toa must prove their worth with deeds before making them look like weakling newbs. Nerd-out rant aside, several years ago I was in a rather depressing time in my life, and for whatever reason I ended up watching the movie with some younger cousins I was babysitting, and I reached Vakama's self-deprecation moment. His statement, 'I'm just some cross-wired freak who has weird dreams' struck a particular chord in me as I had such thoughts myself during down days, and it made me pay more attention to Vakama. To put it short, after watching the movie and Web Of Shadows and reading quite a few of the books, he became(and still is) pretty much the only Toa of Fire I really like(I do like Lhikan too, but that's mostly because he has gold armor), in part because he's probably the most human character in the entire BIONICLE universe. BIONICLE in general also very much appeals to me in part because I didn't have an overabundance of friends growing up and spent a lot of time playing with them, not to mention my aforementioned stress on bossfight quality - almost the entirety of the BIONICLE story is one giant bossfight against Makuta and his Brotherhood.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:00 PM, SullyMcGully said:

1. First/current impressions of me?

2. First FE game?

3. How were you introduced to SF?

4. What do you like about SF?

5. Will you be raising the question limit?

You're gonna waste a question on asking me to raise the limit? I feel like that should be separate from the five-query limit.

Hm...First impression was probably something along the lines of 'oh hey, a homesc - wait, why is he apologizing for it?' while Current...you're apparently a pretty decent poet by my standards, 'mighty Green Cavalier' and a pretty nice guy while we're at it, though I don't run into you very often on here so I'm afraid I can't say more.

Awakening, as mentioned in Answer Three for Rex - again, it's clearly Sakurai's fault. I'd admittedly had my eye on it for a little while before Sm4sh came out since the boxart is sick, but Lucina and Robin convinced me to give it a shot. I started the game, a gorgeous red-haired Pegasus Knight came boldly flying in to deliver warning to our fair troops, heartbroken at her comrades' noble sacrifice to ensure she could reach the Exalt alive, and the rest, as they say, is history...JK I started with a Female Robin first and accidentally hooked up with Chrom because I didn't realize it would make me marry him if I didn't marry him off to someone before killing Gangrel.

I believe Rex also already asked this one - I found out Kingdom Hearts had a card game, forgot about it, rediscovered it, wondered if Fire Emblem had a card game as well, looked it up, found Cipher, bought two decks, realized I didn't know how to play and it was in Japanese, looked up instructions, clicked the first link I saw, hey presto, a Forum devoted(almost) entirely to Fire Emblem.

Well, for one it's a solid database for stuff from quite a few of the games, such as the requirements list for the Gaiden chapters that I needed to know during my Binding Blade run, and also has the English translations for Cipher, which I'd...not die, but be very sad without.

5 questions and two were already asked and the last wasn't even a real question as obviously IDGA..uh, I can't say that last one, but you get the idea, fire away. I'll get Shoblong's tomorrow.

Oh boy, it won't let me edit the thing again. Sorry mods, I swear I'm not trying to make your life harder.

First, I ran out of time yesterday to answer Sully's fourth question to the fullest extent.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:00 PM, SullyMcGully said:

4. What do you like about SF?

In addition to being a solid database for most of what I might be looking for involving Fire Emblem(the Wikia generally catching anything SF misses) and a place I can check Cipher cards to know what they do, it's also the closest thing to social media I access(technically I have a Facebook and a Deviantart, but neither is in my name, I rarely go throwing things around on DA and I only even have the Facebook so I can back up my mobile games' progress) on a regular basis, as well as one of the few places I can find people who don't totally zone out if I go off on a nerd-rant about Fire Emblem or, say, BIONICLE.

Alright, that leaves Shoblongoo for now.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:55 AM, Shoblongoo said:

Alright @SoulWeaver; opening volley

1) What do you do in real life? (i.e. what kind of job do you have? what are you studying?)

2) Whats something you've never done before that you want to try?

3) Whats something you've tried before that you never want to try again?

4) Wildest thing you've ever done?

5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I currently make fries at the Chick-fil-A down in Centerville Utah. It's not an amazing job, but it's not too bad either. Studying...uh...Fire Emblem? I'm afraid I don't do very much of...well, pretty much anything right now. I'd like to get back into coding, but the old laptop I was using has issues with its power cord and is old enough that it'd be cheaper to just buy a new one than fix it, but $10-11 an hour isn't a great wage to be getting a new comp on while also paying rent(and trying to play Cipher freaking non-internationalization committee). I could do it if I managed to work up the motivation, I just...haven't yet.

Hm...well, as I mentioned in Rezzy's answer, I'd like to write a song and put it out using a VOCALOID software, in part because I doubt my own voice somewhat often. I've also kind of always wanted to go to Japan, I've just let the language barrier and the potential costs kind of shut me down.

Can I say doing taxes? I really don't like those. Or talking on the phone with anyone, I tried that and it was awful. The XBox button configuration screwed me over the one time I tried Marvel Vs Capcom as well. And vegetables. Vegetables definitely go here...good heavens, I sound like a small child.

I...actually have no idea. I'm not what you'd really consider wild. I guess...I kind of dated a girl before she was 16 in Utah? 'Tis pretty wild out here, where we sweep prophetic counsel such as food storage under the rug but you try hanging out with someone of the opposite sex one-on-one when one of you is older than 16 but the other isn't...

To be honest, I don't do nearly as much looking ahead and trying to decide what I want out of life as I ought to, so this is a trickier question than it should be. I'd like to be married at that point, maybe with a kid or two, and preferably with a job that I like that also happens to pay well, though from what I hear out and about on the internet those two things rarely come together so we'll see.

9 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

@SoulWeaver

VI. Fight or flight?

VII. Favorite season?

VIII. Do you live somewhere urban, suburban, or rural?

IX. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

X. Do you know your Myers Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

-GASP- SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS?!?!?! HOW COULD YOU?!?!

Ugh, I hate when people ask me this question, I can never decide which is better, and I usually end up choosing wrong when it actually comes up in my life. My general response is probably Flight as I don't particularly like being confrontational about most things, but get me in the wrong area or topic and I'll go a couple rounds with you.

Autumn hands down - I put up with cold better than heat, in part because I'm usually wearing a jacket when I'm not in the bathroom or in bed for personal comfort reasons, it's got probably the least obnoxious of the pretty parts of the seasons since I don't need to shovel any snow and I don't have to worry about allergy season, I can just ignore my duty of raking leaves and let the lawn be a beautiful orange carpet. This being said, Utah Falls are a touch on the nippy side, so my ears don't always appreciate the season as much as the rest of me does.

...Frick. I forgot what those mean. Thank goodness for Google. Suburban.

Eh, I dunno - we used to live in a more rural area, and it wasn't half bad before the city decided to try and screw all of us over for its own personal spending plans, but before that we lived with my grandma in another suburban zone, and that wasn't a bad existence either. I'm also one of those people who likes the company of people he likes, but dislikes feeling like there are people everywhere, so I suppose I could be convinced to go either way. Urban's definitely not for me, though, I'd feel constantly surrounded and paranoid if I were in like an apartment complex in the city.

I've never taken the test, but a quick look into the different types from this site leads me to believe that I'm either INTP or INTJ, with me personally leaning towards INTP, though I may be incorrect as I don't know the exact specifications differing between the two and my comp won't allow me to access the test itself at this time.

9 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

-GASP- SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS?!?!?! HOW COULD YOU?!?!

Oof. Maybe these questions are better?

XI. Eastern or Western dragon?

XII. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?

XIII. Samurai or ninja?

XIV. Have you ever gone fishing?

XV. Quality or quantity?

XVI. What other video games do you like aside from Fire Emblem?

1. How much traveling have you done outside of your home state, and where have you been?

2. What are some places you've never been to that you would like to visit?

3. What would you say is the biggest difference between the way you see the world now in your early 20s, and the way you saw the world as a teenager?

4. Favorite type of exotic cuisine?

5. Most misunderstood thing about growing up in Utah's Mormon community that you wish people outside the community understood?

6. Is there anything you haven't been able to do because of the rules of the community that you would have otherwise wanted to try?

7 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Oof. Maybe these questions are better?

XI. Eastern or Western dragon?

XII. Katana, broadsword, or scimitar?

XIII. Samurai or ninja?

XIV. Have you ever gone fishing?

XV. Quality or quantity?

XVI. What other video games do you like aside from Fire Emblem?

Nah, you're good, I'm just making noise - be as situational as you'd like.

Ooh, that's a good one. On the one hand, wingaling Dragons are pretty sweet what with all the flying around(sure looks cooler than riding a giant eagle if you ask me) and the much breathing of fire, but on the other hand, non-wingaling Dragons have the interesting backstory of being a Magikarp originally, though their placement in the Zodiac leads me to question their power(you guys lost to an Ox? In a RACE? Come on, man). I think in the end...Eastern, mostly because we don't have one of those in Fire Emblem yet(to my knowledge, anyways) and I'm starting to get tired of the same old same old with every Fire Emblem having a Dragon.

My personal experience says Broadsword(Nerf Marauders hurt) but my personal preference says Katana. I think I'd go broadsword in the end, mostly because, again, Fire Emblem - they make more sense for most of the animations used compared to the Katana, with only Male Thieves in Awakening looking like they use the Katana(Killing Edge) better(Even the Samurai in Fates try to stab with them sometimes, which is awkward).

Ninja every time, though this may or may not be influenced by me liking LEGO Ninjago more than one probably ought to at my age. Plus they were fresh when they came in Fates while Samurai was just Myrmidon but made to fit the scheme of the country.

Does Pokemon count? Otherwise, no. Not really much of an outdoors person. If you had an indoor lake to fish in, I might give it a try.

Hm...this would probably depend on what we're talking about, with a lean towards Quality treating this as an abstract question - doesn't really matter how many keys you have if they all break the second you try to lock or unlock something(unless it's Zelda then the whole freaking door disappears so it doesn't matter).

I have played every generation of Pokemon save Gen 4, which I am trying to rectify with Platinum but am having some difficulty with due to being used to the QoL additions later Gens added. I also enjoy a decent round of Smash Bros., though my brother's put me in this weird spot where I'm used to him, who wants to be actually serious about Smash with his knowledge of wavedashing, multiShining, footstools, etc., but I also like the more casual gameplay of free-for-all 8 players. I found Project X Zone to be fun too, though I could really use less of Morrigan and other fanservice folks, and the Mario RPG series isn't that bad either. Kingdom Hearts is also good, my personal favorite being 358/2 Days, which I started with and currently own three cartridges for so I can play multiplayer with pretty much anyone whether or not they have the game. Code Name STEAM is pretty solid too considering it's basically Fire Emblem as a semi-FPS(over-the-shoulder third person is close enough for me), and I also enjoy sitting down for a Project Diva/Mirai session for a change of pace.

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

1. How much traveling have you done outside of your home state, and where have you been?

2. What are some places you've never been to that you would like to visit?

3. What would you say is the biggest difference between the way you see the world now in your early 20s, and the way you saw the world as a teenager?

4. Favorite type of exotic cuisine?

5. Most misunderstood thing about growing up in Utah's Mormon community that you wish people outside the community understood?

6. Is there anything you haven't been able to do because of the rules of the community that you would have otherwise wanted to try?

Not much, I've been to California multiple times over the course of my life, as my dad grew up there and likes Disneyland so we head over there sometimes. Honestly I'd take a high-end LEGO store over Disneyland most of the time, but the place has its merits, like Pirates of the Caribbean(still waiting for the lone skeleton piloting a ship through the rain to appear in the movies, Disney!). Since my family has issues with airport security, we stopped going there by plane a long time ago - the last time I was on a plane I was young enough that I didn't understand you could fix your ear pressure by yawning, to give an idea of the time frame, and so it wasn't the most fun, even though I got to play Super Mario Land all the time I wasn't crying because my ears felt like they were gonna implode my head. Anyways, because we don't really do planes any more, I've also spent time in Nevada, though not very much as it's generally just staying a night somewhere en route to Cali.

Japan tops the list for sure - I have four cousins who are all half-Japanese, one of whom is the only one in our extended family older than I and who I loved to hang out with growing up, and they used to spend all kinds of time over there with their mom's family and I envied them so much for getting to go to another country. I also blame them for me being interested in VOCALOIDs by virtue of making me interested in Japan in the first place. Other than that, most of the places I'd like to go to don't exist as far as we can tell.

Since I'm only 21, I wouldn't say too much has changed. I do know now that it is in fact possible for a girl to be a gamer, something I didn't believe until...I wanna say I was 15 or 16 when I met someone who became a good friend and realized there are in fact girls you can explain the plotline of Megaman X Command Mission to and have them NOT zone out once the word Megaman comes up.

American Chinese food? Does that count? If so, that. If not...uh...uh......um...

We're not all Polygamists Hm...I wanna say we're not all 'prudes' if that makes sense - there are some people I've met who get super weirded out when I say I'm LDS, because I don't look scandalized when they go around cussing. I don't appreciate them using such language, but apparently I'm not shocked enough by it to fit their stereotyped image. This is more true with people from out-of-state, but it also applies to Utahns.

Constantly troll Eclipse I'mma be honest, I haven't read the rules of the community, so I have no idea - all I know is that nothing I've done so far has gotten me in trouble save for double-posting and not splitting my paragraphs properly if you ask Eclipse.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I think in the end...Eastern, mostly because we don't have one of those in Fire Emblem yet(to my knowledge, anyways)

Ice Dragons look serpentine, but I guess they're not that "Eastern."

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I have played every generation of Pokemon save Gen 4, which I am trying to rectify with Platinum but am having some difficulty with due to being used to the QoL additions later Gens added.

Aw darn. Gen IV has always been my favorite.

XVII. Favorite Pokemon?

XVIII. Favorite Pokemon generation?

XIX. Favorite Pokemon type?

XX. Is it better to tell a harsh truth or a kind lie?

XXI. Emotions, knowledge, or willpower?

XXII. Have you ever played Azure Striker Gunvolt?

XXIII. Is there any question you haven't been asked that you would like to, and what is the answer to it?

6: Opinion of the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: If you were a Fire Emblem unit, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

10: Favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

11: Least favorite?

On 4/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Is there anything you haven't been able to do because of the rules of the community that you would have otherwise wanted to try?

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. @SoulWeaver; I meant is there anything you haven't been able to do because of the rules of the LDS community that you would have otherwise wanted to try?

1. Which FE games have you played?
2. What makes Binding Blade your favorite?
3. Do you speak any languagues other than English?
4. Do you ever ride a bike?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

21 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Aw darn. Gen IV has always been my favorite.

XVII. Favorite Pokemon?

XVIII. Favorite Pokemon generation?

XIX. Favorite Pokemon type?

XX. Is it better to tell a harsh truth or a kind lie?

XXI. Emotions, knowledge, or willpower?

XXII. Have you ever played Azure Striker Gunvolt?

XXIII. Is there any question you haven't been asked that you would like to, and what is the answer to it?

Almost definitely Mudkip. No real clue why, I just love Mudkip - I have like ten plush Mudkips in my room just because.

This'd depend on context - Gen 1 had the fun little glitches(stupid Bank for not letting me send my Mew from Blue to Moon), Gen 3 gave me Mudkip and Sapphire was maybe the second video game I bought with my own money(I believe Wario Land 3 was the first), Gen 4 has the Underground, which is really weirdly enjoyable all things considered, and Gen 6 let me do that super sick twist flip off of ledges while rollerskating, which made up for pretty much any problems I had with X and Y(like Flare's ridiculous getup).

If we're talking individual Types, probably Steel - they resist all freaking kinds of crap even though Earthquake kicks them around. Individual Pokemon Typing, probably Mega Mewtwo X's Psychic-Fighting - one of my favorite things to do online in X and Y was to run Mewtwo with Drain Punch against people using Darkrai, then send Mewtwo against Darkrai. The other guy usually thought I was trying to keep him from using Dark Void with MMY's Insomnia, so, thinking himself incredibly clever I'm sure, he would use Dark Pulse only for MMX to more or less laugh it off and follow up with STAB Super Effective Drain Punch so he lost his Darkrai and I lost no health and one Drain Punch PP in exchange.

Huh. Another contextual question. Taken abstractly, I'd probably choose the harsh truth, since usually I just accidentally end up saying said harsh truth in real-life situations anyways.

What for? Each of course has its own merit - without Emotion, we cannot truly be merciful, without Knowledge, we are doomed to a life of ignorance, and without Willpower, we have no real way of improving ourselves. I think in the end I would choose Willpower - without it, how can we keep from misusing our Knowledge or keep from giving in to our Emotion too fully?

Oh, snap, I knew there was a series I'd forgotten for the video game question, Megaman. Gunvolt is amazing, I especially can't wait for them to get around to Gunvolt 3 after finally getting to 2's extra secret ending, the one you have to complete 80+% of all challenges or something like that to see. Also, I loved Lola's versions of each song, they're right at home for a VOCALOID fan, and honestly I found them more enjoyable than Lumen's. Now if only I could find them on iTunes...

I had a bunch, but they all vanished upon seeing you actually ask that. Let me think...oh, I got one. MAGIC REWRITE POWERS GO(might as well get comfortable, this could take a while)

"What's this Story you keep bringing up? You won't stop referencing it in your stuff on here and it's getting old, what's the big deal about it anyways?"

Spoilered for size convenience.

Spoiler

I've kind of always wanted to try my hand at writing, then one day I had the thought 'what if every book, movie, or game was real, and all their worlds connected sort of like Kingdom Hearts? And then, what if someone who'd played a bunch of those games, read a bunch of those books, and/or watched a bunch of those movies was forced to travel the respective worlds?' I immediately decided I'd write it, began, and found a fundamental truth: Writing, especially writing consistently, can be haard.
Anyways, without much of a plan, I began by of course having myself be the individual who would wander the worlds, meaning I could easily draw off my own experiences and thus do less work actually researching stuff. This initially included such worlds as Lore from AdventureQuest Worlds, several areas from Kingdom Hearts, Ylisse from of course Awakening, and Aterra from Conception 2, and eventually led to the creation of the Star Trinity, a trio of extraordinarily powerful Star Children half-sisters who would one day embark on their own adventure.
Being me, I also allowed for the possibility of alternate timelines, with variations ranging from differences in what worlds were visited to even reaching S-Supports with various characters from across my knowledge of the worlds involved(eventually leading to four more high-powered Star Children with my DNA in them because...uh...). This backfired when I showed the idea to a friend and she told me I'd essentially made myself canonically shippable with literally every female character that ever existed, and every male character as well once you factor in Mary, who is mentioned below in answer to one of Rezzy's question, following which revelation I basically went off on the short rant Sora has in No Game No Life Episode 2 after he wins the Rock-Paper-Scissors match only to realize his supposedly perfect plan to get him and his sister set up in Disboard was influenced by his own personal wishes.
Eventually of course I realized I was aiming for waaay too big a goal and just overwhelming myself, following which I decided I needed to narrow the scope to make it more doable. About this time, I stumbled across Serenes Forest Scribbles, and decided I'd just make all the worlds Fire Emblem to make the character interactions more feasible(do any of you have any idea how difficult it is to have a Flugel interact with Duel Academy Students on a regular basis without the Flugel eventually blowing up the whole Duel Academy?! It's more frustrating than one would think!), eventually leading to my SFS Entry, which was kind of a bust because I'm still not comfortable doing action scenes and ended up with more dialogue than I should have had.
Obviously, I soon realized I'd done almost nothing to make the project smaller, and decided if I was so set on huge projects I should at least get an outline and cast figured out, which is where I'm at now - getting the order of games visited down and figuring out who exactly from each game would follow Arilon across the others. It's been made a touch difficult as I haven't played the Jugdral or Tellius games but still want to include those areas, but overall it hasn't been too bad, and I've managed to get a fair amount of Story Fragments completed that need tying together.

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

6: Opinion of the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on petticoats?

8: Opinion on kilts?

9: If you were a Fire Emblem unit, what would your class and stats/growths be like?

10: Favorite character from each Fire Emblem game you've played?

11: Least favorite?

Hm...it's not bad. It doesn't ring for me like some other names out there(like Sinril, for example), but it's pretty good for regular names actual people have.

Petticoats? Petticoats...thank goodness for google...um...oh, those! I...don't usually contemplate those. Uh...I dunno. They kind of remind me of a square dance slip that the girls always wear to the big square dance events, so...that's good. As for everyday life, I honestly have no idea what I think of them.

Oh, these I do contemplate from time to time. Frankly, I probably wouldn't wear one myself, but it takes a real man to wear a kilt around. Plus the line from the Grinch movie about how the dog was a sicko for thinking it was a dress, not a kilt, that was a great moment too.

Oh, frick, I have that somewhere...let me see...AHA! This is from an old RP thing Anacybele did a while back that I went to join and promptly forgot about. Two Units, one being myself, the other...well, the other is based off of a character from my story, who is effectively my counterpart from a mirrored version of the world where everyone's gender is altered - effectively, me inflicted with Rule 63. As for growths, Arilon(myself) would have focus on RES, ATK, and SPD, while Marita(counterpart, Mary) would focus on DEF, MAG, and LUC, with both having relatively neutral growths in each other's stats and a lower HP growth.

Spoiler

First is Arilon, World Wanderer.

Class: SoulWeaver(Personal Class, Infantry-Type Unit, 6 Movement, Weapons - Swords, Daggers{assuming those are available in this continent, ignore if not}, Tomes, Axes)

Personal Skill(because I always like to look at it from a video game perspective): Otherworld Mystery - This Unit can wield any Personal or Legendary Weapon(e.g. Alondite, Ragnell, etc.) while in the correct Class if this Unit has achieved at least an A Rank in that Weapon Type in any Class.

Appearance: Clad in Dread Fighter-esque garb, Arilon wears a hood obscuring the upper half of his face. His cloak bears a strange emblem belonging to none of the known lands(in all of FE), a blood-colored skull-like helmet with curving thorns. The sleeves of his gear also have strange slits down by the wrists, as though to allow blades to slide through, but no one has discovered what odd manner of blade could be properly used with such slits.

Personality: A relatively quiet person at first, Arilon often assists people in need he comes across, which has occasionally gotten him in trouble as he takes the wrong side of an argument simply because he was asked for help first. However, he refuses to assist any cause he doesn't believe in himself, which has also gotten him on the wrong side of people in the past because they felt their plight worthy of assistance but he chose otherwise. As one gets to know him, however, he quickly becomes surprisingly light-hearted, shrugging off insults and often seeming cheerfully apathetic to the world around him and the gravity of many situations that would have others concerned.

History: A traveler surrounded by mystery, he travels the land, searching for something, though nobody has been able to ascertain what exactly that something is. Things he's said implies that he has played a part in many legends, though not one person he's ever spoken to about his past has recognized the names and places of said events(coughotherFEworldscough). He also keeps a special sword wrapped in a magic fabric that he guards with utmost care, and only one person, sworn to secrecy, has ever seen the actual blade. Though many have called him an idle boaster, it's been proven that underneath his hood a blindfold constantly covers his eyes, showcasing his prowess in battle as well as some unknown skill, as his blindfold is never removed yet he never falters while moving about.

Now for the other: Marita, Cheerful Traveler.

Class: LightSworn(Personal Class, Infantry-Type Unit, 6 Movement, Weapons - Lances, Bows, Staves, Light Magic)

Personal Skill: Offensive Defender - This Unit can use Shields to attack. Also, this Unit is immune to all "Seal" Skills.

Appearance: Though Marita also wears Dread Fighter-esque garb, hers is more like the Hoshidan Dread Fighter than Arilon's Valentian-style gear. Also, hers bears a much brighter color scheme, with white and gold as opposed to Arilon's black and silver. She has hair described as "a blue almost black"(Hair Color 03 in Awakening I think) and a cheery aura about her.

Personality: On the surface, Marita appears to not give a crap about anything in the world, but underneath she's been shown to be very caring, especially where children are concerned, and she will often help those she sees as being oppressed, whoever said oppressors may turn out to be.

History: If not much is known about Arilon, even less is certain about Marita, with all accounts of her varying in great degrees about multiple things. The only agreed-upon facts about her are she's been following Arilon for some time for an unknown reason, and that her skill in battle is nearly on his level if not on par with him. She often refers to him as her "counterpart", though it's uncertain what exactly she means by this as it doesn't appear to signify any special relationship. She carries a special, intricate Lance that has a special covering upon the blade part, preventing others from viewing the blade, and she keeps this Lance on her person at all costs.

Oh snap. Let's see, shouldn't be too long...spoilered for convenience.

Spoiler

Shadow Dragon(DS): The Whitewings are all total babes, especially in SD's art style for some reason, but I'm afraid Lady Minerva juuuust beats them out due to the fact that she saved my freakin bacon during my playthrough as I managed to get like four Units killed in one turn and the only Units I'd planned to restart for were the Whitewings and Caeda(for best ending purposes of course), but Minerva held the chokepoint forEVER and I managed to scrape a win.
Shadows of Valentia: Palla, hands down. The only Unit that even comes close is Shade.
Binding Blade: Uh, Roy, duh. Barring him, I find I like Idunn(and really want her to be added to Heroes, come on, IS, quite offering more versions of guys we already have), and Rutger's pretty sweet. Oh, and how could one forget The Strong, The Clever, The Righteous, NARCIAN!
Blazing Sword: I actually haven't finished this one or Sacred Stones, but of the Units I've obtained, I like Eliwood(RIP not even having the chance to just summon him straight at 5S in Heroes ever though), and of the enemy Units, I like Limstella, though I haven't been able to figure out why.
Sacred Stones: Again, haven't finished this one, but Forde's pretty chill, plus of course there's Joshua, everyone likes Joshua, and Heroes really helped me notice Valter.
Awakening: Cordelia and Severa. I'm not sure why, for whatever reason I can't get enough of them. Also Noire is somehow really adorable, and I like Kjelle too(incidentally, did any of you know her name is pronounced 'Shell' because I did not). I also wished I could recruit Pheros, she seemed to have an interesting background, and then of course Mufasa...uh, Mustafa...could have been nice.
Fates: Probably Sakura for Birthright, Camilla for Conquest, Selena!Caeldori for Revelations, and Nichol for non-path-specific characters.
Warriors: Darios, Rowan's voice is too obnoxious if you're not playing in Japanese and both twins seems kind of overdramatic about the whole Darios issue anyways.
Heroes: GANONDORF IS ON FIRE HOW COULD HE NOT BE YOUR FAVORITE?!?!?! SURTR FOR 5MASH AS GANON CLONE PLZ SAKURAI!!!

Oh boy, again? We'll spoiler this too.

Spoiler

Shadow Dragon(DS): Castor gets on my nerves for reasons I can't define. Plus he's just bad, I'll take Gordin or Norne over him any day, they can at least become Myrmidons if I don't want any Bows. Heroes also ruined Jagen for me, I can't tell you how many times I've pulled him instead of someone who I might actually have been able to use.
Shadows of Valentia: Leon feels very one-dimensional to me, and also feels like they just picked a random guy and retconned him gay for no reason, which concept I despise - if you're going to retcon a character into being gay, they'd better at least keep some of their original personality(excused in this instance as nobody in Gaiden had personality due to game limitations), and had better have more to them than being gay, which I at least do not see in Leon - all I ever heard from him was 'Valbar this, Valbar that, ooh those armor-clad muscles and tragic backstory, someone retcon me into being a girl so I can have Valbar's babies' and it kind of pissed me off. If he has more character than that, please someone tell me where I can find it because I normally really like the Archers and would like to be less negative about Leon.
Binding Blade: I cannot STAND Bors' hair. Seriously, it's like an affront to nature, and I would also take offense at the fact that he looks nothing like his sister(bar the armor, I guess) except I already mentioned all the Whitewings are hotties and they have a similar issue with the hair color going on. Lot and Wade also did nothing for me in the course of the story, so I don't really appreciate them either. Oh, and Merlinus only gaining 1 XP for every death-defying situation he went through? Yeah, screw whoever decided that was a good plan.
Blazing Sword: Merlinus escapes this only because he no longer takes up a deploy slot and because you can actually level him up. Instead, this honor goes to the token Armor dude whose name I forgot for being made really redundant by Hector.
Sacred Stones: I don't think I really have a least favorite for Sacred Stones, I only got a chapter or two after the route split where I got screwed because I needed Tana but couldn't promote her to give her stats that would let her live long enough.
Awakening: Yarne really bugged me, Sumia was obnoxiously one-note, Miriel annoying, Ricken whiny, Maribelle stuck-up, Nah childish for someone who's supposed to be really mature...though there are quite a few good characters in Awakening, there are a lot of less-enjoyable ones too, though which is which of course differs player to player.
Fates: Rhajat and Niles seemed to have been made the same-sex S-Support very arbitrarily, which I didn't like, though the two of them have a little more to them than that so they get let off the hook, being beaten(in Conquest anyways) by Charlotte. I'm sorry, however noble her reasons may have been(I did S-Support her with Xander so I know why), she's still dressed almost if not as badly as Camilla, who at least has a dragon to shield herself with and is royal enough that people won't question her lack of practicality in her armor, and is a literal gold digger. For Birthright, Camilla takes the spot - if she was really so concerned about Corrin, why wouldn't she join you after learning about Ganglari? She literally said she'd 'make him pay for this myself' speaking of Garon, her own freaking father, and then promptly does nothing to aid you in your quest to defeat him, which is out of character for her considering Corrin is basically her work and her joy, to borrow a scripture phrase.
Warriors: Velezark for being yet ANOTHER dragon, as though we haven't had enough of those.
Heroes: So far, Anna for her portrayal in the Paralogues. Yeah, yeah, an Anna is an Anna, but still. I also didn't appreciate Loki being uber fanservice.

18 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. @SoulWeaver; I meant is there anything you haven't been able to do because of the rules of the LDS community that you would have otherwise wanted to try?

Ah...still troll Eclipse. I honestly haven't really thought about anything the rules of the LDS community would have kept me from doing as something I might want to try - sex before marriage isn't worth the risk for me personally, smoking and alcohol are dumb just from a health perspective, I already mentioned I technically dated someone before she was 16 so that doesn't count for this question, pr0n is a very dangerous road to walk, particularly from a spiritual viewpoint. Thinking about it...I guess a three-person relationship with me and two girlfriends doesn't sound too bad on its face, but for one just judging things by the face is usually a bad idea, for two that's a risky path to take for various reasons, and for three that'd require me to somehow get one girlfriend first and then also somehow be able to get a second, so yeah, probably not worth the risk.
TLDR, basically no, there isn't.

12 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

1. Which FE games have you played?
2. What makes Binding Blade your favorite?
3. Do you speak any languagues other than English?
4. Do you ever ride a bike?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

I have played both Elibe games(6+7), Sacred Stones(8), Shadow Dragon(DS)(11), Awakening(13), all three paths of Fates(14a, 14b, 14c), Warriors, and Heroes.

In addition to being the game that brought us Our Boiâ„¢, I also found Binding Blade's plot surprisingly fresh compared to the other games - even if it is basically a giant scavenger hunt. It also has a villain whose opinion of the world is quite understandable once you figure his past out, though admittedly he overdid it a bit, and also has a pseudo-villain you can't help but pity in your heart of hearts once you realize she hasn't even really been living the past several hundred years due to having her soul pretty much destroyed.

I can say 'more lettuce please' and a couple other food-related things in Spanish due to working at Chick-fil-A with a bunch of other Mexicans, and kind of remember how to say 'I speak English' in Japanese, but that's about it. I've been meaning to get around to learning Japanese for real, but...

I did, once upon a time, but now I'd rather just walk.

Which world? I dunno, Utah's not too bad a place. I'd like to stay in Japan for a while, but I don't know about live live there.

Well, this has been fun folks, hopefully we can do this again sometime. You're also of course welcome to bug me via PM, though I don't know how reliable I'd be in responding. In the meantime, let me open these Nominations up with @peevthesheev if he's up for it and @Armagon if he is as well.

I. Favorite of the Classical and Chinese element?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

V. Will you be lifting/extending/otherwise altering the 5 question limit?

I. What is your MBTI personality type? 

II. If you couldn’t travel back in time, which time period would you visit? 

III. Favorite subject at school? 

IV. Favorite mythological creature? 

V. Favorite and least favorite fire emblem villain?