SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Infinite Dreams

1. What three words best describe you?

Imaginative, compassionate and thoughtful, I guess?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

I think success is defined by the self, and you should do what makes you happy (as long as it isn't harmful to others). There's material success, academic success, etc., and I don't think there should be a clear delineation of what success is.

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

I'm scared of bugs, particularly cockroaches and certain spiders. I'm also a little queasy with heights, I guess. I don't think my fear of bugs is irrational, but it is excessive.

4. What do you do to de-stress at the end of a long day?

Hmm, I guess unload and read a few mangos or play a game (usually it's a mobile game since time is scarce).

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic? 

Honestly, probably. I used to do the whole social media scene (particularly Snapchat and Instagram) because conformity, but now I don't really care for it. I won't judge you if you do like using it to showcase your life, but yeah, people also just want to give off a certain image on social media.

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

Hmm, with close friends or family, I don't mind if they text at the dinner table?

7. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

All three are important! Gosh, don't make me choose!

8. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?

Ambivert, probably! I"m an introvert in the sense that I am probably fine without human contact for weeks and can just indulge myself with other things; however, I can be extremely extroverted and hang out / engage people for days. My natural state is introversion, I prefer to recharge alone.

9. What are you most grateful for right now?

My family.

10. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges, or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

In terms of life, easier would be nicer, because pressure, but in games I like to overcome challenges since there's this feeling of gratification you can only get from that.

11. If you could time travel, where would you go?

The future! Wanna see cool technology!

12. What are your pet peeves? 

MY BIGGEST ONE IS WHEN people who are able take the elevator to go DOWN ONE FLOOR when the stair case is right there, like I kinda get the laze to go up one floor, but I hate when the elevator stops at like every floor.

13. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

I'm a sucker for British television shows like Sherlock. I'm watching Victoria and it's also quite good (I like Victorian era pieces)

14. What has been the most significant or best year of your life so far?

Hmm. I think 2014 was a good year, in general.

15. What kind of music do you like?

Hmm, indie stuff, pop, mainstream stuff, kinda basic!

On 5/13/2018 at 12:49 PM, Hawkwing said:
  1. Something you fell in love with immediately?
  2. Something that had to grow on you?
  3. Something (in reality or fiction) that you'd pay good money to see?
  4. Thoughts/opinions on Batman?
  5. Favorite dream you've ever had?
  6. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  7. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  8. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  9. Something you wish had a sequel?
  10. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?

1. My cat! :)

2. My sister's dog. Still growing on me. Maybe still needs to.

4. Batman is pretty cool! I've seen a couple of the Batman movies and don't have a negative opinion of him (I like him more than Superman).

5. Hmm, I've had a lot of vivid dreams that I'd like to adapt into games at some point, but I think a few of my favoirtes.

9. RANDOM but Codename: Kids Next Door was my childhood and I'd love for the sequel to be produced but it's highly unlikely (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEWn7UaZwZU).

10. Hmm, my only experience is through other people, my first BF used to play it all the time and my brother used to... I guess I'm more on the weebier side and prefer jRPGs!

Gonna pass on 3, 6-8 because I thought about it, but couldn't think of anything good. Nice talking to you!

1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on puzzle games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you choose your profile picture, and why did you pick it?
  5. How/Why you choose your username?

3 hours ago, Natalie said:

1. HI????

2. How are you?

3. Opinion of me?

4. What first brought you to SF/made you want to join?

5. Will you be lifting the 5 question limit thingo?

1/2. Hi there. Could be better; my day job is busy, so I haven't had time to visit Serenes for the past few weeks.

3. No comment; I don't really remember interacting all that much. Sorry.

4. Well I guess naturally because I like playing FE.

5. Sure, I'm up for more questioms.

Hello, here are some questions.

1.) Matsuo Basho, or Kobayashi Issa?

2.) What makes french toast crunch?

3.) What is your favorite color of curry, (if you like curry)

4.) Thai basil or Italian basil?

5.) What is your favorite kind of chair?

6.) What is your fastener of choice? I.e glue, staples, tape, etcc...

1. How were you introduced into FE?

2. Any RPG series you haven't played, but you are interested in?

3. What have been the five most memorable places or sights you have visited yet?

4. Are you satisfied with your current life?

5. What are the three biggest wishes you want to fufill in your life?

8 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

Your opinion of me?

Favorite Southeast Asian country?

Opinion on fanfics?

Are you a boy or a girl?

Opinion on the Vanillite line?

1. Well, i have to say, thank you for being a faithful reader of my LP, even though I've been terrible at updating recently. And for appreciating my sense of humor here with WW2 history.

2. I can't really give a verdict as I haven't ctually been there, but I'd like to visit Singapore some day.

3. I haven't read enough to make a descision, but one featuring Hyrule Warriors was interesting in how it interpreted the lore of the series.

4. I'm a dude.

5. Eeh, don't really care. Though I wonder if the ice cream on the cone was inspired from the Vanillite line...

5 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Hello, here are some questions.

1.) Matsuo Basho, or Kobayashi Issa?

2.) What makes french toast crunch?

3.) What is your favorite color of curry, (if you like curry)

4.) Thai basil or Italian basil?

5.) What is your favorite kind of chair?

6.) What is your fastener of choice? I.e glue, staples, tape, etcc...

1. To be honest, I haven't read enough of either...

2. Lots of frying with oil under really strong heat?

3. I don't really care about the colors, though I prefer Japanese style curry.

4. Italian basil, as I like Italian cuisine more than Thai.

5. The Barcelona Chair by Mies Van der Rohe

6. Depends on what I'm using the tools for.

2 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

3. What have been the five most memorable places or sights you have visited yet?

1. This was due to the GC and GBA games really turning me off in a lot of ways. Stopped liking Mario after someone someone still acting like a damsel dumbass after Melee (plus having the most stupid plot possible in Sunshine and not having villains other than Bowser to make up for the former) turned off by Pokemon RSE's region, while not yet interested in Zelda and others. Binding Blade was the game that introduced me to FE, and it was great in that it was one of IS's and Nintendo's better attempts at story and especially backstory.

2. Persona 3 and 5, Radiant Historia as I heard really good things about their plots and characters. Final Fantasy 13 as I'm really curious about how good or bad the story is - seriously, thete doesn't seem to be any concensus.

...sorry I've run out of time in replying. Ill get to the rest later.

13 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

I don't really care about the colors, though I prefer Japanese style curry.

Oh jeez style of curry is a much better question. 

Okay then follow up

Curry rice, Curry udon, or Katsu Kare?

13 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

The Barcelona Chair by Mies Van der Rohe

Solid answer.

3. Favorite music genre?
  6. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  7. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  8. Something you both love and hate?
  9. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  10. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell the to stay the heck away from?

1. Which FE games have you played?
2. What makes Binding Blade your favorite FE game?
3. Do you speak any other languages than English (I assume at least Japanese)?
4. Would you like to learn any more languages?
5. Do you have any favorite historical topics?

On 5/17/2018 at 7:41 AM, ProfImpossible said:

Curry rice, Curry udon, or Katsu Kare?

1) Curry Udon, then Katsu Kare, then normal Curry rice, but all are good, though,

On 5/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Updates to 1-2:

1. This actually started due to the GC and GBA games really turning me off with my former favourite franchises. Firstly I stopped liking the Mario series for just how dumb and "business-as-usual" the story has become. This has become as such when someone someone still acting like a damsel dumbass after Melee, and plus having the most stupid plot possible in Sunshine and not having villains other than Bowser (seriously, couldn't they have Luigi/Wario to be the fake Marios?!) to make up for the former. Then there was Pokemon RSE and it's departure from its region being an actual Pokemon version of Japan, making a fake-Hawaii/Kyushu (they really should have gone straight to Alola or even Poke-California then!). And I wasn't quite interested in Zelda and other (non-Nintendo) franchises at that time like I am now. Binding Blade was the game that introduced me to FE, and it was great in that it was one of IS's and Nintendo's better attempts at story and especially backstory.

2. Persona 3 and 5, Radiant Historia as I heard really good things about their plots and characters. It has gone to the point where a good story (though not necessarily a dark one) has become essential for me to play nowadays. Final Fantasy 13 as I'm really curious about how good or bad the story is - seriously, thete doesn't seem to be any concensus.

3a. Paris in general, and especially the former Orsay Station, now as a museum, as my first experience observing Impressionist Art, as well as my first experience seeing heritage conservation and adaptive reuse in actual use. This is one of the reasons why I love Kalos apart from its realistic portrayal not seen since Johto.

3b. Tokyo Central Station, being one of the few main stations in Japan in a historic architectural style. When I was growing up, there was a massive citizen's campaign to save the station from being demolished, akin to how Grand Central was saved by New Yorkers. Several years ago, the station was restored (partially reconstructed) to its former glory. And I wrote a dissertation of it.

3c. Sydney Opera House - Going to a concert with the Sydney Symphony, and enjoying the ocean view just next to the hall chambers is a treat.

3d. Kiyomizu Temple in Kyoto - The vista seen from above the wooden scaffolds with the temple is amazing, especially when there are a kaledioscope of autumn leaves abound.

3e. The former US Congress meeting grounds in Philadelphia - the place where the founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. It was like, I was walking through history, imagining their speeches and arguments for/against rebellion!

4. So far, so good, actually. I'm having fun and a clear sense of purpose with my current job, which is heritage conservation.

5a. Many people are fascinated with traditional Japanese architecture before the Meiji period. And academically, many architecture students are fascinated with post-WWII Japanese architecture as well. But there is a time period in between which is not as well known to English-speaking audiences, which is late 19th to pre-WWII 20th Century Japanese Architectur, and I hope I can contribute to communicating more of that.

5b. Maybe learn another language of the following: French, German, or Italian.

5c. Umm...a third one???

On 5/17/2018 at 7:45 AM, Hawkwing said:
  3. Favorite music genre?
  6. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  7. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  8. Something you both love and hate?
  9. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  10. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell the to stay the heck away from?

1. For different reasons: Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Persona and Zelda are starting become as such too.

2. I remember I loved playing Pokemon Puzzle League and Tetris. I'm not as interested nowadays, though.

3. Classical and Jazz, mainly. Persona-style funk/pop/fusion is another.

4. Because I started to get into the Persona series. (The current prof pic is Persona 4, for those uninformed.)

5. My username is a translation of my real name in Japanese.

6. Uhhh, I don't really care enough to follow; although I enjoyed seeing Episode 4/6 (or the old first/third episode).

7. Zelda? Initially, I thought it was going the same "save-the(-stupid)-princess" cliche as Mario, but then the world of Hyrule and especially Zelda got developed and refined like vintage wine... Another one is Tokyo Mirage Sessions - I actually thought it was going to be a SMT story that darker than what I am comfortable with, but it was the game that arouse my interest in the other Persona/Atlus games! My only gripe is the lack of crossover fanart like Itsuki teaming up with Minato, Yu and Ren etc...

8. Pokemon Black and White ended up like this. While I appreciate that GF put in more effort for the story, it also happened to be the most stressful run in any Pokemon game, as Nintendo and its subcontractor had the genius idea of permanently shutting down the DS Wi-Fi when I wanted to complete the Unova Pokedex - and this was the DS wasn't even that obsolete yet!

9. For a good entry point into the Persona series, I would have liked to recommend TMS#FE, due to its Persona-lite story and setting. The only problem is that it's on a system that just don't have very worthwhile exclusive games to start with... For Zelda, I might go with Ocarina of Time, and work your way out from there.

10. For Zelda, I wouldn't bother with Spirit Tracks: frustrating gameplay with a lacking story that is

not worth my time. For Link x Zelda shipping, Skyward Sword is so much better.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:40 AM, Purple Mage said:

Have you tried Filipino food? Your thoughts?

Favorite FE character?

Have you tried to make/play a Pick My Edits?

Do you have knowledge of ROM hacking sorcery like I do?

Favorite flavor of ice cream?

1. No, I don;t think I have tried. Counter-question: What's your favorite?

2. There are several, but...

a. one is Caeda for being one of the earliest female main characters in Nintendo that isn't a damsel. (Sorry, Metroid fans, but I'm not quite that interested in Samus.)

b. Roy for actually having applying doctrine of Sun Tsu, as opposed to just simply winning because heck simply-cause-he-is-the-main-hero like a number of other Lords. This really needs to be revisited on a future Lord/Lady!

c. Lilina for having one of the most heartfelt support conversations with Roy

3/4. No, and I have no plans to.

5. Mint chocolate and strawberry gelato.

5. Mint chocolate and strawberry gelato.

20 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

1. Which FE games have you played?
2. What makes Binding Blade your favorite FE game?
3. Do you speak any other languages than English (I assume at least Japanese)?
4. Would you like to learn any more languages?
5. Do you have any favorite historical topics?

1. Binding Blade, Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon DS, Awakening, Fates Conquest

2. Apart from being a good FE game as my first entry into the series, there's a good attention to worldbuilding that, as far as I've heard, only Tellius and Thracia surpasses.

3. Japanese, yes. That's actually my native language.

4. One of French, German, or Italian

5. Not too sure to be honest. While I am more interested in the more recent time periods (see my LP for Fates Conquest) they also tend to be more difficult to swallow.

Edited by henrymidfields

1. Thoughts/Opinions on the Lord of the Rings?
  2. Favorite card/board game?
  3. Do you prefer action/fight scenes to be realistic and down-to-earth, or over-the-top and flashy?
  4. If you had a single day to hang out with a Fire Emblem character of your choosing, and weren't restrained by money or travel distance/time requirements, who would you pick and what would you do?
  5. Something you would tell your younger self?

29 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Favorite 'mon?

Gib clay?

How is your life?

Opinion on Ballisticians?

Favorite magic-user in FE aside from Lilina?

Also, the answer to your question is that it's a tie because a lot of them are great.

1) Ho-Oh as a nice example of a Pokemon in Japanese mythology.

2) What a Gib Clay?

3) Going good, thanks!

4) I wouldn't mind them returning. And even have the player operate one in a defense map like Fates did.

5) Clarine for being such a dodge tank. Also her hilarious conversation with Dieck.

33 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Thoughts/Opinions on the Lord of the Rings?
  2. Favorite card/board game?
  3. Do you prefer action/fight scenes to be realistic and down-to-earth, or over-the-top and flashy?
  4. If you had a single day to hang out with a Fire Emblem character of your choosing, and weren't restrained by money or travel distance/time requirements, who would you pick and what would you do?
  5. Something you would tell your younger self?

1. I don't really care, to be honest.

2. I haven't played one in a long time, but Catan was fun. Also, Cards against humanity.

3. Depends. For Pokemon Battles, flashy is nice. But for war scenes, I'd like some realism.

4. Learn about medieval warfare from Cecilia (from Binding Blade).

5. Hmm...never thought about that.

Edited by henrymidfields

10 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Gib clay is a Polandball reference.

Favorite FE game?

Favorite generation of 'mons?

Opinion on Earthbound?

Favorite Ice-type?

Favorite type of sausage?

1) Binding Blade. On the other hand, for what I want to play next is either the Thracia or Tellius games.

2) Lore-wise, Generation 2 and 6. Gameplay-wise, Generation 1-2

3) For EB 0 and EB 1, they were an RPG that was nicely unique of its time, when its setting was 1950s-90s USA, and the characters felt personal. In some aspects, it was better as an RPG than Pokemon, I think. (What do you think, too?)

4) I don't really like Ice-types all that much, due to too many type weaknesses. Jynx, however, I have fond memories of, due to being my MVP against Clair and Lance in my very first run of GSC.

5) I don't know, and I don't really care, as long as they are edible for hot dogs...

Edited by henrymidfields

1.) Any favorite Jazz bands/musicians?

2.) Have you ever played the SMT Devil Survivor games? If so, opinions?

3.) Same question as above, but about the Raidou Kuzunoha games.