SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

I should've mentioned that The Runaway Guys are actually three people - Chuggaconroy, ProtonJon, and NintendoCapriSun - who also have their own channels.

Protonjon's channel still exists!?
BLASPHEMY!!!

These guys mainly do co-ops of Party and Platformer games.

I have to admit their best time is gone quite a while ago.
I think I haven't really followed them since 2013 after the LP of Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
Only still watching some Super Smash Bros tournaments and Wheel of Fortune videos just to make fun of ChuggaConroy.

Spoiler

Edited by Necrofantasia

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

16. How would you spend the day when the weather is great?

17. Do you have an opinion about Germany's summer 2018?

18. Do you like cooking?

19. Do you prefer driving or being driven?

20. How did you find your interview overall?

16. I like to take walks or just relax in the sun. I also like to read outside.

17. It sucked, honestly. We had a lot of sun, yes, but it was also really hot and really dry with little to no rain. In fact, it was so hot, that it didn't even cool off at night, meaning I had to sleep in a 31 degrees Celcius room, which, as it turns out, isn't exactly the best place to sleep in.

18. Yes, it's fun, but I'm not good at it.

19. Being driven. Mostly because I don't have a driver's license or a car.

20. I had much fun during it, though I was a bit nervous at first, as silly as that might sound. I also feel like I learned a lot about myself. It was certainly a good experience.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which I find hilarious about Mario Party's AI - if they're not cheating, they're hilariously stupid. Case in point: One instance from the Runaway Guys' playthrough of Magma Mountain where Wario had enough coins to buy a star, and rolled high enough to get there too. Except (1) he paid 10 coins to try to go the other path, and (2) lost the roulette, which meant he had to go the way he went, only without enough coins to buy the star. And the Easy AI in those games is laughably awful to the point where as stated earlier, it's possible to just watch as they defeat themselves.

I love it when the A.I. defeats itself or if it appears like it has just given up. For example: in Pokémon Red and Blue, if you use Venusaur against Lance's Dragonite, all Dragonite will do is alternate between Agility and Barrier (the cheating prick), nothing else. So with enough perseverance, you can kill the thing without wasting even a single Potion despite type disadvantages and everything.
And then there's my favourite from Fire Emblem: "Oh, there's a weakened unit there that I could kill. Better go for that other, totally OP unit that one-shots me!" Happened plenty of times in Awakening and more than enough times in other games, too.

1 hour ago, Julius Nepos said:

1. Hi?
2. Do you ever ride a bike?
3. Do you have any interest in history?
4. Do you intend on playing the older FE games?
5. Would you like to learn any new languages?

1. Hi there!

2. I tried, but my sense of balance is bad, so I couldn't do it.

3. I studied it for two semesters at university, but then decided not to continue. The way they teach history at university was just too boring for me. I am interested in it, however.

4. Of course. I want to see firsthand what pre-FE6 games were like. I just can't get SNES or NES emulators to work on my laptop and I have no clue why that is. VBA and Desmume work just fine, too, even if DeSmuME is slow as molasses.

5. I've been meaning to learn Japanese for the longest time now and I have no idea why I've put it off for so long. But to answer your question: of course! I love language studies, so learning a new one would be great.

Nominations:
2: Karimlan
1: Lightchao42

13 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Since there was no reinterview last week, I suspect it may still be voted for one.

Soledai

18 hours ago, Karimlan said:

voting for @Integrity.

Nope. The #10's are the only interviews that can be re-interviews. Whether or not they end up being re-interviews is up to the people nominating then, but has no effect on subsequent nomination rounds.

Since Soledai and Integrity have both already been interviewed, you may nominate someone else instead.

Oh boy, 6(66) votes. Evil, evil I say!

Kidding aside, hope I don't bore you guys...much.

I'm okay with having more than five questions, but please keep it below ten. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to you guys picking my brain,  err, you guys getting to know me better!

1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. Is there a process behind how you choose your profile pictures?
  5. Why is Thracia 776 your favorite Fire Emblem game?

1 hour ago, Stephen the Great said:

1. Are you really a villain?
2. What is your favorite pastime?
3. What do you like most about Thracia 776?
4. Do you play strategy (RTS, turn-based, etc.) other than FE?
5. Do you like math?

1. Not really, no. The rank (such as it may be called) is a reference to a British wrestler currently working with Ring of Honor(US)/New Japan Pro Wrestling named Marty Scurll (aka The Villain).
  2. I read—a lot. I perhaps am reading a lot more nowadays than I'm playing video games as my consoles/handhelds are busted. I love all sorts of genres, although most of the stuff in my bookcase/tablet veer toward nonfiction, history and satire.
  3. Compared to my gateway FE game (Sacred Stones), I found Thracia to be a lot more challenging. Gameplay elements like the character fatigue and the stat caps make the game more engaging, decision-wise.
  4. I used to play the original Command and Conquer games, and their spin-offs up to Generals, and that's where my RTS predilection sorta tapered off. As far as strategy games go, I am a BIG fan of Final Fantasy Tactics and the Ogre Battle series, although I have not gotten to finishing A Person of Lordly Caliber since I never owned a Nintendo 64.
  5. I can't do math to save my life.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. Is there a process behind how you choose your profile pictures?
  5. Why is Thracia 776 your favorite Fire Emblem game?

Hey, Hawky. Thanks for dropping by.

1. This is really tough, but I would like to think that the series I have ended up being drawn to, like I'd be playing ANYTHING out of that franchise, would be Street Fighter. Despite blanking out on my conventions (I SUCK at doing charge moves,  i.e, charge Back for two seconds, Forward + Attack and all possible variations thereof), I'd like to think I can still hold my own, and am always up for a game or two.
  2. I LOVE fighting games as much as I love RPGs. I can obsess over the ins and outs of any given game, not just a certain character or somesuch, and do it to ridiculous points (like not just knowing the moves, but studying the frame data—how many frames it takes to animate a given move, and how it behaves if it hits a character, if it's blocked or it whiffs/misses. You have a working idea of this, with the stick figure animations on your sig ;)).
  3. Far and away, it's metal (and most of its permutations/subgenres). I was kinda pulled in two directions during grade school by two uncles: one was listening to The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and Spandau Ballet; the other was into Iron Maiden, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin. I ended absorbing both influences, but metal pretty much outweighed rock through the years, particularly when I had the opportunity to get my own music (trading tapes/fanzines, and eventually purchasing CDs/digital music).
  4. It would either be a band I'm listening a whole lot to, or a member thereof that I look up to a lot, or a pro wrestler. Nothing to it, really.
  5. See my reply to @Stephen the Great :D
31 minutes ago, IfIHadToPickADude said:

1.) How's your day going?

2.) Favorite band?

3.) Least favorite Primary Color?

4.) Do you read any books? If so, what are some you recommend?

4.) Who, in your opinion, is the best FE character?

1. SLOW, but otherwise okay. I'm getting paid, after all. Can't wait to get home and get bored lol
  2. Knowing the subgenres of metal I listen to, I'm hard-pressed to pick just one. So, I'll give you a list of the favorite bands I listen to per subgenre (and yeah, take this as an endorsement to check them out lol) :
  • Thrash metal = Slayer, Testament, Kreator, Destruction, Destroyer 666, Aura Noir
  • Death metal = Immolation, Incantation, Vader, Jungle Rot, Archgoat, Necrowretch, Vallenfyre
  • Black metal = Darkthrone, Blasphemy, Deathspell Omega, Antaeus, Marduk, Watain
  • Progressive metal = Opeth, Katatonia, Symphony X, Adagio
  • Doom metal = Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Agalloch
  • Folk metal = Skyclad
  • Nordic/Viking metal = Isengard, Hammerheart/Twilight of the Gods-era Bathory, Vintersorg

3. Yellow.

4. Off the top of my head, I recommend the following: Catch-22 (Joseph Heller), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Hunter S. Thompson), The George Carlin Trilogy (Brain Droppings, Napalm and Silly Putty, and When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?), Me of Little Faith (Lewis Black)

5. I think it's a toss-up between Marth, Ike, and Leif.

Edited by Karimlan

I. Which of the classical and Chinese elements do you like most?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. What led you to Serenesforest?

V. Origin of your username?

VI. Hot or cold?

VII. Do you have a favorite history or mythology to learn about?