SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

4 hours ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

1a. I’m talking impressions of me.

6. Okay, why are you in the woods?

7. What are you studying for your life’s work?

1a. Yeah, I’d say not bad, then.

6. Because it is where I was born, and where I was formed.  Less people to deal with on my commute as well.

7. Rhetoric and the art of humanity’s own inhumanity to each other.  Also technology and computers.

2 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Read. A LOT. English is a very nuanced language. Watching stand-up comedy also helps, although you might want to keep an open mind if you're delving into stuff from Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, and Richard Pryor. As a starter, I'd recommend Jim Gaffigan.

I mean, I am a native English speaker, and when I apply myself I can actually write decently.  It’s just that I don’t most of the time.  Just as long as the meaning gets across, that’s all that really matters when talking online.  Or that’s how I feel, anyway.

2 hours ago, Karimlan said:

We just have the kid gloves on roughly 80% of the time. Seriously speaking, t-y-p-i-n-g sometimes takes away the energy I have to work up a hate, unless it's for something I am very passionate about. So I'm pretty chill, in general.

1. Corollary to the Prinny question: What would be its Final Smash?
  2. What do you think of the Tekken franchise atm?
  3. Ever checked out Guyver: Dark Hero? David Hayter starred in it.

I attribute the community’s environment mostly to its small size and the staff cultivating such an atmosphere.  Folks have to be more careful about how they conduct themselves, because the staff doesn’t put up with any kind of BS.

Anyway...

1. Gotta be a combo attack, I’d say either with a bunch of other Prinnies or with Laharl, Etna, and Pleinair.  I just couldn’t see it any other way.

2. Alright, but it’s not as great as Tekken 3 or Tag Tournament games, imo.  Bonus follow-up, I main Asuka and Xiaoyu, with a side of Kazuya.

3. Like I said... don’t watch a whole lot of movies or shows.  Didn’t watch a lot of stuff back in the day, either.  I’m the kind of guy that hasn’t seen even popular things like Black Panther or The Office.  It may be the media equivalent of junk food, but games and stupid YouTube videos are the main forms of media I indulge in.

I know, not very cultured, am I?  I live in a place where our “culture” is defined by how awful our driving is, what caliber of firearms you own, and how fast you can knock out a bear in a fist fight.  The fact that I indulge in anything that isn’t bad news or a hunting magazine is honestly a miracle.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

VI. Top 5 video games?

VII. Favorite season?

VIII. What countries have you visited?

IX. Favorite season?

X. Do you know your Myers Briggs personality type, and if so, does it fit you?

VI. If I was forced to pick, I’d say Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Fallout: New Vegas, Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, Valkyria Chronicles, and Fire Emblem Awakening.  Though I’m gonna tell you, it’s hard for me to pick definitive favorites.

VII. Spring or Fall; inclined towards the latter because the holidays then allow me to visit with a good portion of my family, but just as long as I’m not dealing with extremes in weather, I’m pretty happy.

VIII. Unfortunately none other than this one (United States of America).  But I’d like to go somewhere out there one day.

IX. Season 6 of Dragon Ball Z (Cell Games); imo, I wouldn’t have minded if the story ended there.  Of course, Season 3 (Frieza Saga) is pretty classic and iconic in a lot of ways, so that also deserves a mention.

X. My results from a quick test suggests I’m an ISFP, which... I think fits okay, I suppose.  I wonder if it’s very ISFP of me to say I don’t typically care to label myself.

1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile picture, and why did you choose it?
  5. What was behind the decision to start lets playing?

22 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Favorite video game series?
  2. Opinion on fighting games?
  3. Favorite music genre?
  4. How did you pick your profile picture, and why did you choose it?
  5. What was behind the decision to start lets playing?

1. I cannot list just one, I like Metal Gear, Fire Emblem, and Zelda equally the same for different reasons.  And yes, it’s still crushing me that Metal Gear has died with Survive.

2. Good fun, and cool to watch skilled players duke it out, but damn if the developers and FGC don’t have their distinctive flaws.

3. I’m gonna list a catch-all “rock”, though that goes from pop rock, to butt rock, to classic rock, to punk rock.

4. I change it quite a bit.  This one in particular is from my LP of Valkyria Chronicles 4; I was taking screenshots of the video and froze frame on this creepy dutch angle of the girl Aoife looking downward after scoring a kill, which to me looked like something out of a horror flick.  So I thought to make her something of a secondary mascot for my LP of VC, and therefore adopt the shot as a profile pic.

5. Well, a few things.  First, I figured that I’m already good at talking to myself while playing games.  Second, I wanted to break up my life’s monotony.  Third, I just like entertaining people.  And lastly, after the first few parts of my LP, some folks were telling me about how my content would make their days, and that’s the biggest reason why I continue to do it.

1. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  2. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  3. Something you both love and hate?
  4. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  5. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell them to stay the heck away from?

22 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

VI. If I was forced to pick, I’d say Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Fallout: New Vegas, Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, Valkyria Chronicles, and Fire Emblem Awakening. 

l1yWuFu.png?1

1. Explain yourself?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
2. What do you like about Oboro?
Which FE games have you played?
4. What languages do you speak?
5. Do you ever ride a bike?

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Thoughts/Opinions on Star Wars?
  2. Something you thought you weren't going to like, but ended up enjoying?
  3. Something you both love and hate?
  4. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you recommend them to try first?
  5. If someone was interested in getting into a genre/series (again, of your choice), what video-game/movie/book/anime etc. would you tell them to stay the heck away from?
  1. Empire Strikes Back was the best movie, the prequels are almost entirely good because of the memes they spawned, and the games were better back in the Gamecube and PS2 era.  Also, KotOR is just as much of a classic as the original trilogy, and reminded me of what was so great about those movies when I first played through it.
  2. Probably the Resident Evil games.  I'm not into horror and gore, but I liked the games from the original all the way up to 4.
  3. Fire Emblem Fates.  Aside from that, gaming in general.
  4. I'll pick for Valkyria Chronicles, and I'd recommend them trying the first one because while 4 is an improvement over the first game, it might make going back to the first one difficult if you don't have the experience (and thus the nostalgia) for it.  Plus, I'm inclined to believe VC1 is probably cheaper than VC4 currently; I know it is on PC (4 is full price still, 1 is only $20).
  5. Picking for Metal Gear, and I'm gonna say Survive.  It's barely a shell of what Metal Gear is supposed to be, has awful, clunky gameplay, and is effectively a death knell for the franchise so even if they wound up somehow liking it, they'll be disappointed to learn that there'll be no more Metal Gear games.
1 minute ago, Julius Nepos said:

l1yWuFu.png?1

1. Explain yourself?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
2. What do you like about Oboro?
Which FE games have you played?
4. What languages do you speak?
5. Do you ever ride a bike?

1. I use the "Favorite FE" part of my profile not necessarily as a way to say what is actually my absolute favorite game in the series (because again, I have a hard time deciding), but rather to show what FE games I've been playing recently that I really liked.  That being said, if it wasn't for Awakening's gameplay generally being better (comparing the two in this way is like pitting a legless horse against a flightless bird in a race, but Awakening's less... archaic), I probably would say Genealogy was better.  Also, I change my mind a lot, which is another reason why I say I can't pick favorites.  Or maybe I'm confused and have little concept to grasp on my own tastes and preferences.  It's like trying to explain what qualities I find attractive in folks - nothing but vagueries, generalities, and contradictions.
  2. I could list dozens of things.  But generally speaking, she seems like the best written character with a proper motivation for being in the conflict like she is, and she isn't restricted to being just one thing like so many other characters in Fates.  She's a fashionista and soldier, sure, but she's also a caretaker, housekeeper, businesswoman, and generally a good friend to have.  One of my favorite aspects about her is her sharp divide between affection for her comrades and complete and utter hatred for the enemy.  I mean, of course lots of characters have that kind of aspect, but it doesn't usually manifest itself the way it does for Oboro.
  3. I've at least tried every single game in the series besides Archanea Saga, but the ones I've beaten are: Genealogy, Shadow Dragon (DS), New Mystery of the Emblem - Heroes of Light and Shadow, Awakening, Fates (all paths), and Echoes.  And I plan to LP the rest of my journey through the series, starting with the original Mystery of the Emblem.
  4. English and rudimentary French.  The former is my native tongue, and the latter I have a basic grasp of grammar and some important words.  Like, I know that "il fait chaud" is the way you say that the temperature is hot, but the literal translation of that is "it makes/does hot" and if you tried to use the actual literal translation of "it is hot" - which would be "il est chaud" - you'd instead be calling a man sexy/hot in the third person (though my teacher implied it was a lot more suggestive than I think).  But you couldn't ask me to so much as write a children's book in French.  So on a day-to-day basis, I just speak English.
  5. I learned to do so in elementary school, but I don't put that knowledge to good use; my siblings do a lot more biking than I do.  Though I am the only one among my siblings that has a driver's license.

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Efficiency or thoroughness?
10. Forgiveness or retribution?

3 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
7. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?
8. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?
9. Efficiency or thoroughness?
10. Forgiveness or retribution?

6. Sweden.  Specifically somewhere in the countryside.

7. Active - I'd rather not be as useless as America's legislative bodies.  Though if I have the choice, I'd like to hear council and the voice of my people before making big decisions unless an expedient response is critical.

8. Legal positivism.  Laws should be made and applied to benefit communities and society, not to sate some people's foolish notions of "justice".  And whenever I read in the news about someone who took justice into their own hands (which happens a lot in Montana), it seldom ever resulted in anything good happening.

9. Well, I take forever to beat most games, so definitely not efficiency.

10. Forgiveness.  I don't like to act on principle - if there's revenge or retribution to be had, there'd better be a practical reason for it.

SF Interview #210: Emperor_Siegfried
Interview ends on 10/2/2019.

@Emperor_Siegfried

Nominations:
2: Emperor_Siegfried
2: Fleece

1: Hattusili I / Julius Nepos

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

Seemed like you gave Azure a nod vote out of pity haha

I am a merciful tyrant.

Edited by Julius Nepos

1. General impressions of me? As in, first and current?

2. What got you into writing what you do?

3. Reaction to you, me, and @Nym making the Fact for Person Above thread a hot topic?

4. How’s the weather?

5. Can we ask more than 5 questions?

42 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

##Vote: Purple Mage

You just missed the boat. He'll get my vote come Sunday (and I'll pick his brain with several questions lol).