Top Posters In This Topic

Nominations:
1: The_antithesis

19 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Voting for @Fleece.

17 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Fleece

16 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

@Fleece unless I can vote @Necrofantasia.

Fleece / Lettuce was interview #18, Necrofantasia / Jules was #46. 

You may nominate someone else instead. 

Edited by Julius Nepos

2 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

What, why?

I think the joke is apart from The_antithesis, and maybe DarthR0xas, there was a large number of votes for those already interviewed, indicating it's getting harder to pick people who have never been interviewed with so many of the more well-known individuals on the forum already done.

Also, it's damn hard to keep track of people's name changes, and I don't know how Julius manages, but someone has to.

A good time to address this issue of running out of people to interview seems to be now, I think. Now, I know that there's a process on the reelection of previous candidates, but in light of most of the active forum populace having been interviewed already, shouldn't we have a mechanism in which those that have been interviewed to be re-interviewed? I'm kinda up in the air about the specifics as well.

What sayeth the people who are on opposing sides of this fence: @Necrofantasia and @Julius Nepos?

... This comment sounds almost to me if I was out for a battle. 

I mean I would not be sad if the thread is going down, but it would be still a shame since it is preventable. Just be more open to reinterviews. They have an age up to four years and not everyone has been member and followed this from the beginning. 

A rule like re-interview allowed after 100-150 interviews would be wise and fair. 

Having forced breaks just because no majority was found is really a waste of this thread's potential.

Sure, the demand became less as the entire FTTF, but there is no point to eliminate it by its own rules. 

Nominations:
1: DarthR0xas

2 hours ago, Karimlan said:

A good time to address this issue of running out of people to interview seems to be now, I think. Now, I know that there's a process on the reelection of previous candidates, but in light of most of the active forum populace having been interviewed already, shouldn't we have a mechanism in which those that have been interviewed to be re-interviewed? I'm kinda up in the air about the specifics as well.

What sayeth the people who are on opposing sides of this fence: @Necrofantasia and @Julius Nepos?

I've actually been thinking for some time about revising the rules on re-interviews to be more lenient, but other stuff has been keeping me busy enough that I haven't come to an actually thought-out decision yet. 
I'll be sure to have a decision ready for the next nomination phase. 

Until I've made that decision though, the nomination phase will be extended until next Tuesday due to lack of nominations

1. If you were a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?

2. What’s the weirdest smell you have ever smelled?

3. Was there ever a part of a kid’s movie that completely scarred you?

4. What is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world?

5. Can we ask more than 5 questions?

1 hour ago, Julius Nepos said:

SF Interview #211: DarthR0xas
Interview ends on 24/2/2019.

@DarthR0xas

Nominations:
4: DarthR0xas
1: Yashuntafun

Oh, that's neat. I had been loosely following this thread but never imagined that I'd be the guy that would get interviewed.

10 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

1. If you were a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?

2. What’s the weirdest smell you have ever smelled?

3. Was there ever a part of a kid’s movie that completely scarred you?

4. What is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world?

5. Can we ask more than 5 questions?

1. I'd run an experiment based on the amount one could genetically alter a person before they would become infertile to modern humans. For instance, if I add in a bit of bird DNA so that the person would grow some form of wings, would that result in them being unable to reproduce? After finding my results, I'd probably sell my results to the governments for them to make super-soldiers or something to that regard. 

2. So one time at Walt Disney World, specifically Epcot, me and my family were riding the "Figment" attraction, or that one ride with the weird purple dragon. During that ride, there's a part where they do some smell based stuff, and the dragon does a skunk. Thing is, it isn't actually a skunk, it's always smelled like stale Triscuts to me. That isn't the weird smell though. On that specific day, we had gotten food before going on the ride. I forget what it exactly was I had eaten, I think it was something Italian. Whatever it was, it left a strong tomato based aftertaste. So we get on the ride, and arrive at that section. Right before the skunk part, I burp. And I mean literal milliseconds before the smell came out. For those unaware, the smell comes out in a large puff of air. So this large puff of air comes out, combines with the tomato burp, and I smell something I don't even know how to describe. Maybe poorly seasoned tomato soup that has goldfish thrown in for good measure. Something odd like that.

3. Oh plenty of times. Indiana Jones 2 (I forget the subtitle) scared the living hell out of me, and I watched that when I was in my later kid years. Certainly scarred some part of me. If that doesn't qualify as a kids movie, then there are others. Another moment that wasn't from a movie was the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. That one ride has put me off any kind of horror, even psychological which I often find I actually like, but it's still made me hesitant to try out. That one scene from Nemo where he gets inducted into a cult stands out. On a less severe scale, anything involving Sid in Toy Story 1 was very unnerving.

4. Hmm, this is a tough one. It's hard to nail down a name I would call funny being used in the real world. The oddest name that I can remember is a fellow named Jerik, man plays a sax like no other. I've seen plenty of dumb names online, but not really many in person. But all of that will change when I name my first born son something from either an anime or Kingdom Hearts, assuming that whatever person marries me doesn't laugh me out of the house for suggesting that.

5. Yeah sure, knock yourself out. Answering these is pretty fun, so ask away.

So, I know your waifu is, like, the maid girl from Fates whose name I don't know because I never played Fates. But I want you to humor me for a second. Pretend you are a single weaboo with no waifu, and then, suddenly, Dwayne the Rock Johnson appears. And is also a magical fairy. He grants you one wish- one food item personified into a waifu for you. What food item do you choose to spend the rest of your life with, and why?

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

So, I know your waifu is, like, the maid girl from Fates whose name I don't know because I never played Fates. But I want you to humor me for a second. Pretend you are a single weaboo with no waifu, and then, suddenly, Dwayne the Rock Johnson appears. And is also a magical fairy. He grants you one wish- one food item personified into a waifu for you. What food item do you choose to spend the rest of your life with, and why?

I'd as for Dwayne himself since he's already a snacc.

One food item personified, well I'd stay away from fruits and vegetables. They'd both be health nuts. Grains, they would probably be, well I dunno what they would be. I'm leaning towards ice cream, since then she'd either be really chill and also like the cold, or she'd be a tsundere, neither of which I'm against. But then the matter of flavor comes into play. The easy answer would be my favorite flavor, that being Mint Chocolate Chip, but one must take into account every single ice cream flavor that I bother to remember. Vanilla and Chocolate, too plain and boring. Birthday cake, too much, probably an over-zealot liberal, which while I don't have any problems with interacting with them, I could never be with one for the rest of my life. Coffee/espresso ice cream would be way too hyper, not really feeling rocky road, would prefer everything to go well. I think I'll actually stick with Mint Chocolate Chip. The mint represents a cool exterior while the chocolate chips represent a sweet interior. I feel like I've put way too much though into saying that I'd ask the magical fairy version of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to create the real life waifu-ized version of a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

43 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

What kind of shoe do you like to wear?

Asics, currently my size is 12 mens. Tennis shoes, to be more general, although I am also fond of crocs.

44 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

Also what's the moon?

A hologram made of cheese that is housing aliens, obviously. The moon landing couldn't have been faked otherwise.

6. What was it that got you into Fire Emblem?

7. Is there anything in particular that you would like a sequel to?

8. Is there a job that you think you would be absolutely terrible at?

9. Have you seen any commercials that you were a fan of recently? 

10. If you had all the money, time, and creative freedom necessary to achieve whatever you wanted, what would it be?

11 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

I'd as for Dwayne himself since he's already a snacc.

The easy answer would be my favorite flavor, that being Mint Chocolate Chip

You have good taste.

I am also fond of crocs.

You subhuman plebian. Hey, I remember crocs. They're okay, really.

I feel like I've put way too much though into saying that I'd ask the magical fairy version of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to create the real life waifu-ized version of a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

who said anything about a bowl

Which is to say, have some more questions.

What foreign language classes have you taken and what is your opinion of said languages? 

Do you remember Mighty #9?

What kind of Wikipedia page do you want to leave behind?

Would you have your maid waifu serve you your ice cream waifu?

1. What makes Radiant Dawn your favorite Fire Emblem  game?
2. What kind of seasonal for Felicia do you want to see the most in Heroes?
3. What other RPGs aside of Fire Emblem do you enjoy?
4. What has been the happiest day in your life so far?
5. How would you describe yourself in three words?

11 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

6. What was it that got you into Fire Emblem?

7. Is there anything in particular that you would like a sequel to?

8. Is there a job that you think you would be absolutely terrible at?

9. Have you seen any commercials that you were a fan of recently? 

10. If you had all the money, time, and creative freedom necessary to achieve whatever you wanted, what would it be?

6. It all started around three years ago. I was talking to a friend, who I'm just going to call A. Now this day A had brought his 3Ds to school, and I, being bored at lunch one day, was just watching him play it. That game he was playing was Fire Emblem Fates. After about five minutes of me watching him just play (poorly, might I add, not that I knew at the time), I asked him what he was playing. A said "Oh, it's this game that just came out for the 3Ds. It's Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest." I ask if I could give it a shot, I basically instantly get a unit killed since I have no idea what I was doing. He got kinda mad at me, but since he was playing on Casual mode he didn't really mind. Later that month I hung out with A, and there I asked if I could borrow Conquest. See me and A, we're pretty tight, best-friends. We loan each other games one at a time, mainly so we can guarantee that we'll give each other's games back since we want our own games back. You can never be too sure. Anyways, he said yes, I give him my copy of Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, I get Conquest. I played on Normal Classic for 15 chapters, then realized I got Azura killed somewhere (I think chapter 10, and yes it took me that long to realize I lost her). So I switched over to Casual mode to get her back. I didn't go into Phoenix mode, even then I had enough pride not to do that. It should be noted that I played like garbage on my first playthrough. I basically fell into every pitfall there was. Horded items, namely staves, which meant by endgame, my best healer was a level 12 unpromoted Elise. I did promote her early, but that was more out of necessity since I needed another combat unit. Honestly, it's a wonder I made it through Conquest at all. But even though I sucked, I loved every second of it. I put over 100 into one file of Conquest, which to my knowledge is the longest I've ever put into a game, up until that point. Now, this wasn't the first time I ever played Fire Emblem. Throughout middle school I would emulate games on the school computers, and one of them was Fire Emblem. I finished Lyn mode around 5 times between the emulators on my computer and phone (I never actually played Eliwood mode until I bought it for the Wii U), and I got to the route split twice in Sacred Stones. Every time, I would either delete my save, delete the emulator, or just forget my flashdrive containing all of my saves, but I didn't really mind. So I had enjoyed FE before Conquest, but if wasn't until Conquest that I actually got into the series.

7. Plenty of things. That new Spider-man game for PS4 is one I really want a sequel in, mainly for more content. The DLC was alright, but it wasn't quite the content boost I needed to fulfill my appetite of that game. I would hope that a sequel includes a few more suits, maybe something like his zombie suit, and I would also hope for some different gadgets. The Trip Mines are neat, but they weren't very practical in application. Another sequel I want is "The Bible 2", I wonder what kinda stuff is in that one. Lay it on me God, I'm ready.

8. Any position at a hospital. I'm pretty squeamish, so blood, guts, bodies, all of that is a no-go for me. That and I'd have to tell people they're going to die, and other lame junk like that. Hospitals just seem like depressing places, I don't want to work at one for my life. Not to say anything against people working at hospitals, they're doing God's work, but the atmosphere there isn't very cheery. I'd rather work elsewhere, like in the White House. That place is rad.

9. Nah, I don't watch TV much, and I skip every ad on Youtube. Although I have recently seen quite a few infomercials that I love. An example is the Sock Slider (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0YzunWoLsY If you're curious), which is just so dumb I have to love it. I also saw a couple egg ones, but they aren't as funny.

10. I would build the worlds largest golden dick statue that is diamond/emerald studded. It would be taller and wider than the Empire State Building, built directly next to Trump Tower, and would also house the best bar and grill in the entire world. Why you might ask. Well I raise you the question, why not?

10 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What foreign language classes have you taken and what is your opinion of said languages? 

Do you remember Mighty #9?

What kind of Wikipedia page do you want to leave behind?

Would you have your maid waifu serve you your ice cream waifu?

1. Spanish. I hate it with a burning passion. English is just so much better, we don't have any dumb accent marks, or conjugation, or any of that junk.

2. Yes

Numbe- alright I'll give a better answer than that

It's been a while since I've really thought about Mighty Number 9. I mostly ignored it up until released, and to this day I have never played it. That said, I have probably watched about a two days worth of content on that game, simply because it was such an interesting mess to analyze. The background of everyone involved, the development of the game, the game itself, reactions to the game, it was all incredibly interesting to see. That and I love to watch clusterfucks unfold, it's why I like watching RWBY so much.

3. I want to leave behind one that's constantly getting edited to have outdated memes in it, and overall is an uninformative mess.

4. I mean, that's probably someone's fetish. It depends, would the girl A. Still be comprised of Ice Cream, B. Wouldn't feel pain, C. Was consenting, D. It wouldn't count as a murder of any kind, E. Would maid waifu (whose name is Felicia by the by) get in on it? If the answer is yes to all of those, then sure, I don't see why not. I could just get magical fairy Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to make her a being that would regenerate after a set amount of time.

10 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

1. What makes Radiant Dawn your favorite Fire Emblem  game?
2. What kind of seasonal for Felicia do you want to see the most in Heroes?
3. What other RPGs aside of Fire Emblem do you enjoy?
4. What has been the happiest day in your life so far?
5. How would you describe yourself in three words?

1. To put it into three words, Plot, Characters, Gameplay. The plot of the game is kinda dumb, and overstuffed, and convoluted. Just what I like. I like my stories to be utterly nonsensical, it makes it more fun that way when shit goes off the rails. And it also means there's depth there. It might be really, REALLY needless and pointless depth that does nothing but confuse, but my god is it depth. The characters, mainly just that I get to see them more grown up. Mist looks adorable, Mia is rockin it, as is Nephenee. Ike became a god among men in his new buff form, Titania look like a full course meal instead of a snacc, and I love how Elincia looks. Aside from looks, it's another case where you feel the repercussion of the first game, and how they impacted the characters. For instance, basically everyone bar Daein loves Ike (the father of Sothe's children), and the desperation really sets into the atmosphere of said characters. I just like seeing growth, and it might be somewhat artificial since it's between games and most characters are static in RD, but it counts. Sure, a lot of the Dawn Brigade is kinda eh, but Miccy is good, and Miccy is all that matters. As for gameplay, that's really the reason why I pick this one above POR. POR is superior in characters/characterization, and in plot, but what it lacks in is the gameplay department. Namely, any sensible difficulty curve. Normal and Hard are easy, then Maniac is like "Hey, you like enemies" and bombards you with them. Now, RD does something dumb with Maniac too, that being "Hey, didn't you like FE1-3?" and removes the weapon triangle in a game balanced around the weapon triangle. But in the other modes, they're actually thoroughly challenging. POR I found myself easily meeting Bxp turn requirements. RD I struggled on numerous occasions, on the easiest difficulty. That, and the game looks great, the animations, though slow, are godly, and the extra mechanics are great. My favorite skill system, three tiers of classes, SHOVING. It's the package deal in my opinon.

2. Well, obviously a winter one. It'd fit her character best. Remember Winter Tharja, and how that was utter nonsense? If that was Felicia instead, it would make some sense. Now, I'm not saying dress Felicia as scantily as that, but you could easily put her in some light clothing, and make the joke that she's from the Ice Tribe, so she's fine with wearing few clothes in the snow. That and I think Christmas Felicia would be hot.

3. Plenty of RPGs. Staying within strategy RPGs, I played Advance Wars far before Fire Emblem (one and two, never finished either). I really just played the multiplayer, and let me tell you that BS-ing my way to victory was one of the greatest feelings ever. One time, I set it to Fog of War, not knowing what that was, and I got all my troops decimated. All, but a single infantry, who was at full health. Now I was in full run away mode, but I decided I'd run towards A's headquarters (knew I'd get to use that again). I won that game through sheer chance, and it was hilarious. There were other absurd games like that, but I'll leave those for later. I also love Kingdom Hearts, if my name didn't give it away. I have played every single entry in the series, even the DS game, and even the mobile game. While I didn't enjoy all of them (Chain of Memories was god awful), every single other one I loved. Probably a similar love that I experience with Radiant Dawn. Absurd stories, amazing gameplay, great characters. Octopath Traveler is great. Looks great, sounds better, plays even better, stories are, it varies. I haven't actually finished any of them (I'm fifty hours into the game, and got stuck out of stubbornness at one of the secret bosses). Not sure whether TMS#FE counts as an FE game or not, so I'll just stay safe and assume it counts as an FE game. It rocks, I totally recommend it. Last but not least, the Mario and Luigi series. The sprites have always looked awesome, the music is always great (bar like two tracks), the humor is on point, the stories are surprisingly complex and dark for a Mario game, and best of all, the gameplay is amazing. There are other RPGs I like, a few of the Final Fantasy's come to mind, but I'll move onto the next question.

4. I have to pick one? Uh, I guess I'd probably pick the day I went to marching MPA (Music Performance Assessment) with my marching band, and we got a Superior. While getting the highest grade was awesome, what was even better was the time I spent with everyone. It was basically a day of me hanging out with my friends, goofing off, having a great time. Eating lunch, and then dinner, and then a second dinner with all of them was great. I got to school a couple hours early to clean up my baritone, and with some spare time, decided with a few friends to play soccer with a ball we randomly found. The shenanigans that occurred in that game are so plentiful, that going in depth would result in me typing a lot. It was basically the first time in a long point of my life where I felt content, and like everything was right in the world. A week later the script got flipped on me, but that gets sad, which isn't what this question is about. So some day in November would be the happiest day of my life.

5. Hmm, probably inconsistent, intelligent, and absurd. Inconsistent in that I basically switch opinions on things and ideas on a dime. Today I'm moderate-left. A year ago I would say I'm hard-line conservative. The year before that I was liberal in every sense of the word. This doesn't just apply to politics. My ever changing opinion on the Last Jedi has gotten my friends confused at numerous points. Intelligent, I won't go too in depth on this one. Any hardcore analysis of this one will just make me seem like a douche. I'll just say that I medically can be identified as a genius, a lot of my friends consider me the most academically intelligent person they know (not socially intelligent cause jeez I don't know a thing about social situations), and that I do pretty well in most areas of study. Lastly, absurd. I do a ton of absurd things, or make absurd connections, or ask absurd questions. I'll use the many dumb things I've done at a local summer camp. For absurd connections, I made a cabin joke when I combined the idea of a door being a person with my accelerated rate of talking, so that when I made an awful joke when my councilor was going through names to make sure we had everyone, I said "and Door" at the end of it. This combined into "Andor", which then the joke became that we lost a camper and spent the entire week trying to find him. Another year at that same camp, for reasons that escape me, everyone was doing squats while giving each other piggy-back rides. This one kid, who I'll call Red since I forget his actual name, asks if I want to ride on his back. Now I'm a tall fellow, 6 feet of average with a side of a body weight on the higher end of the healthy scale. Since I'm intelligent like I previously said, I obviously say sure. Red is pretty strong, I'll give him that. We get to around 20 with everyone else until I slip. And I fall straight back, right onto my head. Right onto a spot, where not three months ago I had sustained another injury from a pool incident. Now, thank god I didn't start bleeding out, but I had a pretty nasty bump on the back of my head that's still sorta there today. There are plenty of other dumb situations I've gotten myself into, and I myself am pretty zany, but I think I'll save those for later.