SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

7a. Can you answer number 7, or do you not have a favorite?

8. Have you played any new Touhou games since last interview?

9. What is the best thing Julius Nepos did?

10. Have you been to any new countries since last interview? I’d also like to know if you did the same between your other interviews.

11. Are you looking forward to FE Three Houses?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

7a. Can you answer number 7, or do you not have a favorite?

8. Have you played any new Touhou games since last interview?

9. What is the best thing Julius Nepos did?

10. Have you been to any new countries since last interview? I’d also like to know if you did the same between your other interviews.

11. Are you looking forward to FE Three Houses?

7a. I think I missed number 7 because I was switching trains. Anyway, my favorite Touhou meme is a video which was called something like "what is Touhou?" But alas, the meme mastermind who created this video, Ciryes, deleted all of his memes off his channel. 
8. I don't think I have. Though I can't remember if I'd already played PCB by that point, but I think I had.
9. Restoring the rightful legal order (which had been disturbed by Germanic mercenaries rejecting the Emperor for decades) to the western parts of the Empire.
10. I have, actually! I went to Austria, Slovakia and Hungary over the summer. My memory gets a bit blurry when we're talking about between the other interviews, but I believe I went to Greece sometime in the summer between my first and second interviews.
11. Hell yeah! I only completed my long-running quest of playing all the FE games last summer, so I've started replaying other games. I'm looking forward to seeing something new!

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

When do you get home so I can remind you to post cat pictures?

Now!

Spoiler

So my girlfriend has two cats (Calcifer and Jiji) and they're both mental. Here's some pictures.

Cal-cal.
m6sT9FO.png

Cal-cal being cute.
Yjti3NA.jpg

Blob.
5JP2Gz9.jpg

Calcifer in a box that he doesn't quite fit in.
gGY1q6K.jpg

Birthday boy.
DzN2IzS.png?1

This is Jiji with Calcifer. Jiji is very photogenic.
l3btbBF.jpg

More evidence of Jiji being photogenic (and possibly also a gorilla).
mBe6t1Z.jpg

Jiji is also very patriotic.
BrJUaHH.jpg

Also, here's my girlfriend's Vulpix bc why not?
KJzDLAg.jpg

1. Freaking Germans, am I right? I hate those guys.
  2. What existence, if any, should exist between law and justice?
  3. Do you feel that Tolkein and Lewis would be displeased by the corpus which their fantasy works helped to inspire?
  4. If you had to chose one food item to be personified into a significant other to spend the rest of your life with, which one would you choose and why?
  5. On a scale of one to ten, how problematic would you rate the continuing existence of China and the actions of its government?

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:
  1. Freaking Germans, am I right? I hate those guys.
  2. What existence, if any, should exist between law and justice?
  3. Do you feel that Tolkein and Lewis would be displeased by the corpus which their fantasy works helped to inspire?
  4. If you had to chose one food item to be personified into a significant other to spend the rest of your life with, which one would you choose and why?
  5. On a scale of one to ten, how problematic would you rate the continuing existence of China and the actions of its government?

1. Still better than the Belgians though.
2. Ideally, the law should be a one-on-one translation of justice. The problem is that everyone has different notions of what justice actually is, so no one will experience the law as a one-on-one translation of justice.
3. Probably. Tolkien was very critical of a lot of things, and I'm sure he'd have a lot of negative things to say about modern fantasy.
4. Chocolate. Chocolate is yummy. Chocolate gives me companionship.
5. 7.

6. So, you're a history fan. What have you to say about my boys Aurelian and Basil II?

7. How does your response #2 translate into an effect on the execution of law?

8. I read recently that some people see Tolkien's orcs as him inserting racial superiority ideology into his works. How do you view this perspective / accusation?

9. Did you know that hugging someone for thirty seconds, much like eating chocolate, releases endorphins?

10. The worst thing those Walloons and Flemings have ever done which isn't related to the Congo?

16 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

6. So, you're a history fan. What have you to say about my boys Aurelian and Basil II?

7. How does your response #2 translate into an effect on the execution of law?

8. I read recently that some people see Tolkien's orcs as him inserting racial superiority ideology into his works. How do you view this perspective / accusation?

9. Did you know that hugging someone for thirty seconds, much like eating chocolate, releases endorphins?

10. The worst thing those Walloons and Flemings have ever done which isn't related to the Congo?

6. They cool.
7. Interpretation! People often forget that interpretation exists, but interpretation is key in law. A legal provision is just a sentence of words, and has to be interpreted (linguistically as well as in context). Furthermore, specific legal provisions have to be interpreted systematically, since they're not just standing on their own but are part of a bigger legal system. In executing the law, interpretation leaves people some margin to execute the law in a manner that they consider most just.
8. Tolkien was definitely racist in the scientific sense that he distinguished between different races in people and observed the differences; that was just standard thinking for the time. But I don't think he went further in this than being descriptive; it doesn't seem to me that he valued one race as being superior to the other, and I don't think it translates into his Orcs either.
9. All the more reason for that chocolate wife, right?
10. Seceding from the Netherlands.

12. If you could rank the Fire Emblem games you played from greatest to least (in a numbered list), how would they be ranked?

13. Most exotic food you ever tried?

14. How many Touhou games have you played?

15. What is your favorite Touhou game, and why is it so?

16. How did you meet your current gf?

21 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

12. If you could rank the Fire Emblem games you played from greatest to least (in a numbered list), how would they be ranked?

13. Most exotic food you ever tried?

14. How many Touhou games have you played?

15. What is your favorite Touhou game, and why is it so?

16. How did you meet your current gf?

12. I'm very bad at picking favorites, especially when it comes to things I really like. For Fire Emblem, I've just adopted a "I like them all equally" mentality.
13. Peking duck, I guess?
14. The first 8.
15. Again, picking favorites is hard. Lotus Land Story was the first one that I 1cc'd though, so I've got a bit of a soft spot for that one.
16. SF, funnily enough. We actually became friends through her interview.

6 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

17. Which user is she?

17. @Natalie

32 minutes ago, Little Princess said:

1. Favorite Touhou music theme? 

2. If someone offers you all of possible existing Touhou figurines and you may choose only one, who would you pick? 

3. Who is your most favorite Touhou character with your most favorite fanart? (post the art as answer) 

1. Favorites are hard, but I think it's Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom - Nuclear Fusion.
2. I'll go with this one.
I'll say

Spoiler

Fk4PY6R.jpg

but I have a hard time choosing between that one and this one.

Spoiler

WfX6hZq.jpg

Nominations for #215 are open.
Nomination ends on Tuesday.

Let's continue the experiment to see how much interest there is in re-interviews. Here are the rules.
In addition to your 2 'normal' nominations, during this nomination phase you may also nominate a maximum of 2 people who have already been interviewed. Anyone who has not been interviewed since Interview #165 is eligible for these re-interview nominations.
So you get a total of 4 votes: 2 for people who have not yet been interviewed, and 2 for people who haven't been interviewed since Interview #165.
On Tuesday I'll count up all the votes and, depending on how much interest there is in re-interviews compared to regular interviews, either make Interview #165 a regular interview or a re-interview.
If interest in re-interviews is big enough compared to interest in regular interviews, I'll change the rules to allow more re-interviews. 

Nominations:
Regular: 
2: Azure in a Roundabout
1: Crimson Red
1: Mekkah
1: starburst

Re-interview:
1: BLSoldier
1: Florete
1: Dr. Tarrasque
1: eclipse

19 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Anyone who has not been interviewed since Interview #165 is eligible for re-interview nominations. Rezzy was Interview #171. 
Yashuntafun's interview is on hold until she's let us know that she's ready to have it. You cannot nominate her again.
You may nominate other people instead.

Aight!

1. What type of music do you like?

2. Generic "what are your first impressions of me?" question.

3. Favorite FE meme?

4. Any movies/shows/games/fanfiction/whatever you have as a guilty pleasure/ think is "so bad, it's good"? (Such as The RoomShadow the Hedgehog, the infamous My Immortal fanfic, etc)

1. Will you steal it? And will anyone ever know?
  2. Is that a JoJo reference?
  3. What is goodness?
  4. Yo, hear me out. The Rock breaks into your home in the middle of night and tells you that he's going to use his magical fairy powers to personify one food item into a significant other for you. Which food item do you spend the rest of your life with, and why?
  5. I'm thinking of starting a YouTube series where I read fanfiction. Should I?

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Aight!

1. What type of music do you like?

2. Generic "what are your first impressions of me?" question.

3. Favorite FE meme?

4. Any movies/shows/games/fanfiction/whatever you have as a guilty pleasure/ think is "so bad, it's good"? (Such as The RoomShadow the Hedgehog, the infamous My Immortal fanfic, etc)

1. I like classic rock. Mostly 70s and 80s, but I’ll take 60s and 90s too. I also like Michael Jackson and instrumental metal (which appears a lot in video games).

2. First impressions were that you were a big fan of Delthea and stuff. Currently you are nice to have around this far from the forest.

3. Honestly? Anything to do with the FE7 US trailer (Dorcas, mutton, etc.). And also...

4. I suppose I’ll go with The Room. Have not actually watched it, but all the memes and Nostalgia Critic are good enough.

10 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:
  1. Will you steal it? And will anyone ever know?
  2. Is that a JoJo reference?
  3. What is goodness?
  4. Yo, hear me out. The Rock breaks into your home in the middle of night and tells you that he's going to use his magical fairy powers to personify one food item into a significant other for you. Which food item do you spend the rest of your life with, and why?
  5. I'm thinking of starting a YouTube series where I read fanfiction. Should I?

2. Yes, actually.

3. Goodness is how good something is. A synonym of quality.

Also Tikiwiki.

4. (Oh, this question)

Uh, I’ll take mint chocolate. Chill and sweet, with the soft sort of edges provided by the chocolate pieces inside. I’ll then follow up my request with “Can I smell what else you’re cookin?”.

5. Go ahead.

Btw guys, you can do more than five questions in this interview.