SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1 minute ago, Purple Mage said:

Hello Mangs.

Have you ever heard of OC Emblem? (If not, it's a personal project of mine starring many different people's OCs, plus Cecilia and Wolt)

I have not. I don’t hang out a lot here, so hacks are usually brought to my attention by people talking about them within my communities.

Will you play OC Emblem once it comes out?

I can't make any promises, but if it looks good, or is crammed full of shitposts and memes then I might check it out.

Your thoughts on Nils?

I like his design, his sister is pretty too, but I feel like him and Ninian’s roles in Blazing Sword could have been handled better (watch Mekkah’s Fe7 review if you want to know why)

How is your Discord server?

My Discord server is very hit and miss. Because it’s grown so large, it’s not easy to describe in one sentence. General chat can be a bit of a jungle sometimes, but some of the other chats can be very nice and friendly. I don’t spend as much time in my social media groups as I would like, because I’m mostly focused on making content, so I leave my communities to my mods and admins, they can probably give you a better answer.

How are you holding up personally?

I’m doing alright. Had some rough patches in the past due to adjusting to working in front of a computer but trying my best to work out and eat somewhat healthy so I can stay in shape and continue doing what I love to do. Sometimes I am very tired due to the constant stress of the internet, but I do try to keep a nice balance. I’ve been a lot happier ever since I logged of Twitter, that place is not good for you.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for answering my questions! Lemme ask a few more:

Out of all your colleagues who you've parted with, who do you miss the most? It's okay if this question is too personal, you don't need to answer it.

Who are your favorite units in each installment of FE?

Favorite FE class?

If you could add one class from another RPG into FE, what would it be?

Did you know you can pair OC Emblem's main lord with Cecilia, who's his wet nurse/teacher?

9 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Thanks for answering my questions! Lemme ask a few more:

Out of all your colleagues who you've parted with, who do you miss the most? It's okay if this question is too personal, you don't need to answer it.

Probably my good friend of 10+ years Zerul, who's name is still in my channel URL to this day, as we initially started it together. I have no idea where he is, as he cut contact with me and his other friends, but I hope he's okay.

Who are your favorite units in each installment of FE?

Gordin, even in the games he's not in.

Favorite FE class?

Paladins, they embody the spirit of Fire Emblem, and are often the best class in most games they are in.

If you could add one class from another RPG into FE, what would it be?

Gunslinger.

Did you know you can pair OC Emblem's main lord with Cecilia, who's his wet nurse/teacher?

Getting together with your female teacher is kinda wierd, but it has happened before with Roy x Cecilia.

Getting together with your wet nurse is pretty fucked up. That's sort of like dating your mom.

4 hours ago, Mangs said:

A delicious piece of meat.

Drinks are also acceptable, if you'd rather say Pepsi.

3 hours ago, Mangs said:

If it catches my interest in some way, chances are I will probably check it out. This can be done by either making a hack that’s very unique and/or spectacular, or by cramming it full of memes and shitposts. The latter is the most preferred option, it sure worked for “The Heroes We Deserve”.

Serenes Forest Emblem, assuming we finish it, is theoretically supposed to be a massive in-joke. It contains butter bandits.

6. On the subject of it, though, would it be cool if we referenced your existence in it? Not include you as a boss or a recruitable unit or anything, but say stuff like "you have Mangs's own luck."

3 hours ago, Mangs said:

I’m doing alright. Had some rough patches in the past due to adjusting to working in front of a computer but trying my best to work out and eat somewhat healthy so I can stay in shape and continue doing what I love to do. Sometimes I am very tired due to the constant stress of the internet, but I do try to keep a nice balance. I’ve been a lot happier ever since I logged of Twitter, that place is not good for you.

Speaking of doing stuff that's good for you-

7. Most people agree that we have moral obligations towards others, but do we have moral obligations to ourselves? You know, to stay healthy and stuff.

3 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

3 hours ago, Mangs said:

Getting together with your female teacher is kinda wierd, but it has happened before with Roy x Cecilia.

Getting together with your wet nurse is pretty fucked up. That's sort of like dating your mom.

Actually Rebecca is Roy's wet nurse. So it's better. But still bad.

8. So, how prevalent is English in Norway?

9. I'll admit that I've only ever been an American- how do you feel being Norwegian has impacted your internet experience, at least to the extent you can tell?

10. Of all the meat giving animals which exist, which produces the best meat?

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

6. On the subject of it, though, would it be cool if we referenced your existence in it? Not include you as a boss or a recruitable unit or anything, but say stuff like "you have Mangs's own luck."

I don't mind at all, go right ahead.

7. Most people agree that we have moral obligations towards others, but do we have moral obligations to ourselves? You know, to stay healthy and stuff.

If you have people depending on you, especially children, then yes you have a moral obligation to stay healthy and not die, as doing so would inflict massive suffering onto others and make their lives harder. It isn't just about you anymore; your existence is linked to others.

If you are on your own, and there are no other people who rely on your support, then it becomes less of an obligation, and more just a smart thing to do. 

8. So, how prevalent is English in Norway?

As prevalent as in other first-world European countries. Most people from my generation speak it fluently.

9. I'll admit that I've only ever been an American- how do you feel being Norwegian has impacted your internet experience, at least to the extent you can tell?

I honestly don’t think it has much. I am interested in my country's history and I enjoy Norwegian culture, but I don't see how that affects my internet experience in a big way.

10. Of all the meat giving animals which exist, which produces the best meat?

Cows. You can't beat a good steak.

Edited by Mangs

1. In one of your videos you talked about how people looking to workout should make it part of their daily routine as opposed to having some motivation to work out. Would you then say that having the need for motivation to work out is then a "dependency" instead that is counterproductive to developing a proper workout routine?

2. How often have you thought of slapping Mekkah?

3. If you had absolute control of the Weapon triangle implementation in the next game, what would you do with it?

@Mangs

Who are some of your favorite musicians?

What Fire Emblem fan projects are you most excited to see finished?

How do you feel about Three Houses's class system?

Do you like pineapple on pizza?

What changes would you add to a Binding Blade remake?

On 7/20/2019 at 8:47 PM, Dr. Tarrasque said:

1. In one of your videos you talked about how people looking to workout should make it part of their daily routine as opposed to having some motivation to work out. Would you then say that having the need for motivation to work out is then a "dependency" instead that is counterproductive to developing a proper workout routine?

If you require motivation to get to the gym, you are opening up a struggle with yourself every time you don't want to go. It becomes a question of “do I want to go to the gym today?” which allows the brain to start making excuses, which is why “going to the gym whenever you feel like it” doesn’t work for anyone, ever.

However, if you simply just make a weekly schedule and set aside Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday as gym days, then there is no room to debate. Sure, your brain might try to make excuses to make you change your workout schedule, but that’s a lot harder to do once you’re in it.    

So yes, being dependent on motivation is counterproductive. That goes for anything important that you need to get done in life. Being high on motivation is a wonderful feeling, and you should certainly ride the wave whenever you can, but relying on motivation to get anything done is a massive… and I excuse the phrase, pitfall.

2. How often have you thought of slapping Mekkah?

Slapping Mekkah doesn't sound very enjoyable. It's much more rewarding to prove him wrong. I think that hurts Mekkah more than any physical harm possibly could.

3. If you had absolute control of the Weapon triangle implementation in the next game, what would you do with it?

+10% hit/avoid, +1 damage/-1 damage taken for all physical weapons, like in Binding Blade. 

The magic triangle would be +20% hit/avoid, +3 damage/-3 damage taken, since the magic triangle often doesn't matter much due to resistance being so high on magic classes and tomes having very good hit.

I'd do classic weapon triangle, swords > axes > lances, and the Fe4 style fire > wind > thunder. Light would beat dark magic, and dark magic would beat fire, wind & thunder, and fire, wind & thunder would beat light.

There would be skills that would increase it's effects, like Triangle Adept and Breaker skills that increases it's severity.

Edited by Mangs

55 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

@Mangs

Who are some of your favorite musicians?

This may sound strange, but I don't listen to a lot of music. I like video game soundtrack and ambient themes.

What Fire Emblem fan projects are you most excited to see finished?

I'm very excited to play Staff of Ages in 2025.

How do you feel about Three Houses's class system?

Looks promising, like Gaiden/Echoes villagers, but on steroids. Could be very enjoyable, but it might also feel like a chore., Have to play Three Houses before I can say anything for certain.

Do you like pineapple on pizza?

Eww.

What changes would you add to a Binding Blade remake?

I’d want them to expand on the story the way Echoes expanded on Gaiden, not changing a whole lot, but just adding more meat to it all. Highlighting the intricate politics of Etruria and the scheming of Bern. Would be nice if they gave Zephiel a hint of emotion so he’s not just an emotionless machine. Better map-design and more intricate map-objectives would also be nice, as well as more in-depth supports. Voice-acting also seems to be a mainstay for newer Fire Emblem games, so I think that would need to be included as well. Aside from that, I wouldn’t want them to change a whole lot.

1. What would be the "perfect" Fire Emblem game for you, if you could remove the weapons, game mechanics and story of each part and bring them together to one game? (Example: a game with FE4's weapon triangle, FE5's capturing,  GBA's weapon weight system, FE10's ledges, Echoes' story) 
  2. What has been the happiest day in your life yet? 
  3. Have you a self set target you want to reach badly? 
  4. Could you give me three reasons why Norway is a beautiful country? 
  5. How would you describe yourself in three words?  

20 hours ago, Rosalina said:
  1. What would be the "perfect" Fire Emblem game for you, if you could remove the weapons, game mechanics and story of each part and bring them together to one game? (Example: a game with FE4's weapon triangle, FE5's capturing,  GBA's weapon weight system, FE10's ledges, Echoes' story) 

May be a bit of a cheap answer, but I actually made a huge video about this

2. What has been the happiest day in your life yet? 

My 25th Birthday. Two blondes were involved.

3.Have you a self set target you want to reach badly? 

100 000 subs on YouTube is one, but I already mentioned that in an earlier answer, so I'm gonna go ahead and say benching 150 kg (330 pounds) would be a pretty kickass goal.

4. Could you give me three reasons why Norway is a beautiful country?

1: We have gorgeous nature.

2: We have gorgeous girls.

3: I live there.

5.How would you describe yourself in three words?  

Amazing, wonderful and extremely humble.

This was the last of the questions. Thank you so much for nominating me guys, I had a lot of fun!

Edited by Mangs