SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

On 7/10/2019 at 12:52 AM, BLSoldier said:

1: Opinion on Harajuku fashion, if any?

2: What made you join Serenes Forest?

3: Favorite idol franchise that isn't Love Live?

1. some of it is alright idk as far as fashion movements in japan go i'm mostly interested in stuff like fairy kei, mori girl, gothic lolita and menhera 

2. was playing awakening at the time and it had a forum to socialize in so why not

3. none really, the closest things are bang dream and revue starlight which people treat like idol stuff but even the creators themselves have said they are NOT idol related (one is about bands and the other is stageplay/heavily takarazuka inspired respectively) i wanted to get into aikatsu but series with a bunch of episodes spook me...maybe one day

On 7/10/2019 at 6:40 PM, Rezzy said:

1: What are your first/current impressions of Rezzy?

2: Aspirations in life?

3: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

5: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

1. first: someone whos pretty relaxed and family focused who enjoys games and art
    current: pretty much the same

2. still not exactly sure, since i finally moved out of a stressful situation and put considerable distance between me and my parents i can finally get out of flight or fight mode and just focus on being responsible while also finding time to figure out what i want to do in life and try to improve my mental health

i'm still in disbelief that i actually moved out and its taking awhile for me to get used to it

3. i don't really know how to deal with them. they can be pretty loud and my ears are sensitive, plus i feel like they usually don't like or respect me which hurts my self-esteem because it happens when even them or animals don't like me, its bad enough getting that feeling from people around my age lol

i don't think so because its too costly, and even if we were financially stable it'd be a major health risk for me and any prospective kid i'm having
if me and my partner really did want kids at any point we'd likely have to adopt or use a surrogate and we'd need a shitton of money for it

4. i wouldn't really call it "hated" by everyone else, and i don't think theres anything i like thats hated by enough people to qualify all i can really think of is maybe tales of graces??? it kinda gets ignored and a lot of people weren't fond of the battle system deviating from the other games which i get but still liked the game anyway for the story(which some people didn't like either IIRC, its very friendship oriented which people could find too chee-z)

5. godddd there's so many i wouldn't be surprised if people thought i hated popular things just to be contrarian, i just hate things that i think are garbage regardless of how well-known they are i'm super super picky 

i'mma just throw out the first thing that came to my head cause i saw advertisements everywhere at ax last weekend, which is madoka magica
i can't believe i ever liked it and i have a lot of beef with it because i don't like the writing and i feel like it outright killed the magical girl genre

like you don't even see straight-up magical girl series(that isn't precure) anymore its always stuff thats super dark and depressing OR just a parody of one

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Who's your favorite author?
  2. What historical event would you, if you had FE: SoV's Memory Wheel, prevent from happening, regardless of its possible consequences?
  3. Would you rather relearn fighting game conventions (quarter-circles, half, circles, charge moves, etc) on a controller that has buttery-smooth response, or be able to pull them off at a moment's notice on a sucky controller?
  4. On that note, controller or fight/arcade stick?
  5. Strange experience involving a pizza?

6. Last thing / activity you regretted after a time?
7. Is there something about you, you want to change in the future?
8. How would you describe yourself in three words?
9. What are three things which would make you happy / happier?
10. Are you looking forward to the new Fire Emblem game coming out very soon?

On 7/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, Karimlan said:
  1. Who's your favorite author?
  2. What historical event would you, if you had FE: SoV's Memory Wheel, prevent from happening, regardless of its possible consequences?
  3. Would you rather relearn fighting game conventions (quarter-circles, half, circles, charge moves, etc) on a controller that has buttery-smooth response, or be able to pull them off at a moment's notice on a sucky controller?
  4. On that note, controller or fight/arcade stick?
  5. Strange experience involving a pizza?

1. no clue, garth nix maybe??

2. probably the development of nukes

3. sucky controller

4. controller, never used a stick

5. probably the time i microwaved a pizza and not only did it get burnt but the entire place was engulfed with some awful smelling smoke...it was bad

13 hours ago, Rosalina said:

6. Last thing / activity you regretted after a time?
7. Is there something about you, you want to change in the future?
8. How would you describe yourself in three words?
9. What are three things which would make you happy / happier?
10. Are you looking forward to the new Fire Emblem game coming out very soon?

6. whenever i don't buy something i can afford and then realized i actually really wanted it orz

7. oh yes
i just want to have less trouble getting up in the morning and be able to communicate better

8. spacey resentful curious

9. uhhh 
more money, knowledge, and bigger social circle probs

10. ngl i initially thought it looked shit, but timeskip reveal made me a bit more hopeful
i guess i'm somewhat looking foward to it now but i'll have to wait and see before i decide if its worth a purchase

Hi @Mangs

Sup @Mangs

1. what's your opinion on Karnage here?

2. any videos you regret doing?

3. have you ever thought of doing a second channel to experiment with other games like Shining Force, or Langrisser 2?

4. what's your max bench or squat?

Now watch as Mangs doesn't check the site for three weeks, drops by to post a spotlight video and is immediately bombarded with notifications.

1. So, while you're mostly known as a Fire Emblem channel, I actually found your videos through your Civilization series. Do you still play Civilization games, or did the exclusion of Byzantium from Civ6 really rub you the wrong way?
  2. What is the most epic work of fandom ever created? The one which most inspires awe in the soul and fear for the fate of humanity.
  3. You've indicated that you like overplayed memes. Does this impact your desire to see Waluigi in Soup or Smash Brothers?
  4. What is something you'd expect them to change in an FE6 remake that they should really leave the same?
  5. You must select one food item to be anthropomorphized into a significant other with which you will spend the rest of your life. What consumable do you choose, and why?
    In other words, if Louise were a food, what food would she be?

On 7/17/2019 at 2:36 AM, Rezzy said:

Hi @Mangs

Rezzy seems like an incredibly nice person, she's the one who notified me about this thread after all 😉

Getting 100 000 subs on YouTube (yeah I know, but it's a goal I might actually reach, unlike some of my other ones).

I love kids, I've worked with kids for 5+ years prior to YouTube. If I meet a woman who I am sure will be a good mother, I'd like to have two children.

Dead or Alive from 2006 is so bad it's good. In terms of video games, I love a game called Lords of Magic which I played on my channel, it is either super obscure to the point where no one has heard about it, or those who play it just goes “eh, no”. I just love it because it was the first game I played as a kid, but I admit it’s a terrible game.

No clue, I'm not good at keeping track of what people like, just look at my content.

Edited by Mangs

On 7/17/2019 at 2:48 AM, Captain Karnage said:

Sup @Mangs

1. what's your opinion on Karnage here?

He’s very good at what he does 😉

2. any videos you regret doing?

A ton, too many to list. I also regret some of the shit I’ve said in the past. 5+ years of YouTube and you’re bound to have made a lot of mistakes. I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self a thing or two, but that’s just the process of growing up. You do stupid shit and you learn from them.

3. have you ever thought of doing a second channel to experiment with other games like Shining Force, or Langrisser 2?

Never, second channels don’t make any sense to me. I pour my heart, my soul and most of my time into my main channel, with no time for a second. If one ever were to be made, it would be for stream VoD's maybe, but I don't stream enough for that to make sense. If it’s not worth putting up on my main channel, it’s not worth spending my time on. I know a bunch of people want to see me play these games, but the truth is that if I were to make videos about them, they wouldn't do well in terms of views. People sub to me for Fire Emblem, and that's what I do well at.

That being said, I do sometimes play other stuff on my channel, but it's usually in the form of requests, or special videos. Fire Emblem is and will always be the main focus of my channel.

4. what's your max bench or squat?

My max bench is 115 kilograms or 253 pounds. My max squat is only 120 kilograms or 264 pounds (I haven’t been focusing nearly as much on that as I once hurt my back doing it).

Edited by Mangs

On 7/17/2019 at 5:18 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Now watch as Mangs doesn't check the site for three weeks, drops by to post a spotlight video and is immediately bombarded with notifications.

1. So, while you're mostly known as a Fire Emblem channel, I actually found your videos through your Civilization series. Do you still play Civilization games, or did the exclusion of Byzantium from Civ6 really rub you the wrong way.

I still play Civilization, though not as much as I used to. Civilization 6 failed to entice me, and I still can’t explain why sadly, it just doesn’t feel as fun to play as Civilization 5, and I’m starting to run out of ways to play that game.

2. What is the most epic work of fandom ever created? The one which most inspires awe in the soul and fear for the fate of humanity.

/r/catriasarmpit

(please don't go there)

3. You've indicated that you like overplayed memes. Does this impact your desire to see Waluigi in Soup or Smash Brothers?

Waah

4. What is something you'd expect them to change in an FE6 remake that they should really leave the same?

While I understand that they will feel the need to shoehorn in a bunch of interactions with Roy to make him more likeable, Binding Blade’s focus is on the world itself. We don’t need to turn Binding Blade into Blazing Sword 2.0 with a bunch of focus on the characters themselves, I want a re-make to focus on the intricate world of Elibe and the politics that goes on within it.

5. You must select one food item to be anthropomorphized into a significant other with which you will spend the rest of your life. What consumable do you choose, and why? In other words, if Louise were a food, what food would she be?

A delicious piece of meat.

Edited by Mangs

Ah. You're on.

1. When (I'm going to be optimistic) the Serenes Emblem project is done (presuming it's not hit with a name change by then), what are the odds that you'll play it for your channel

2. Do you believe in the validity of the crackpot theory that The Roger the Paladin from Tear Ring Saga is the same as Roger the Knight from Archanea?

4. Who will not, under any circumstances, be making it into Smash Ultimate's last two DLC slots?

5. What happened to question 3 anyway?

6. Can I have another question to make up for misplacing question 3? Oh I wasted it didn't I?

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Ah. You're on.

1. When (I'm going to be optimistic) the Serenes Emblem project is done (presuming it's not hit with a name change by then), what are the odds that you'll play it for your channel

If it catches my interest in some way, chances are I will probably check it out. This can be done by either making a hack that’s very unique and/or spectacular, or by cramming it full of memes and shitposts. The latter is the most preferred option, it sure worked for “The Heroes We Deserve”.

2. Do you believe in the validity of the crackpot theory that The Roger the Paladin from Tear Ring Saga is the same as Roger the Knight from Archanea?

Kaga works in mysterious ways, who knows what went on inside his head when he made that game. I think a lot of Tear Ring Saga characters are inspired from the first Fire Emblem games though.

4. Who will not, under any circumstances, be making it into Smash Ultimate's last two DLC slots?

Hector & Sigurd.

5. What happened to question 3 anyway?

I put poison in it's mutton.

6. Can I have another question to make up for misplacing question 3? Oh I wasted it didn't I?

You had one job Roger.

Edited by Mangs

Hello Mangs.

Have you ever heard of OC Emblem? (If not, it's a personal project of mine starring many different people's OCs, plus Cecilia and Wolt)

Will you play OC Emblem once it comes out?

Your thoughts on Nils?

How is your Discord server?

How are you holding up personally?