2: Esme
2: Elieson
1: Starman
1: Generic Optator
1: Rehab
1: DavidSW
1: Nexas
1: Quintessence

I wanna see what Makaze has to say about his thread getting owned.

Withholding my second vote for now, since it's likely that the Makaze vote doesn't count.

This was done with Makaze's permission.

Makaze has already had an interview and is therefore disqualified until "the other nominations have been exhausted" (not the case) or "majority opinion demands it" (doesn't seem to be the case either). I'm therefore not counting this nomination.

This was done with Makaze's permission.

Makaze has already had an interview and is therefore disqualified until "the other nominations have been exhausted" (not the case) or "majority opinion demands it" (doesn't seem to be the case either). I'm therefore not counting this nomination.

there goes my joke

Proto and Boron

1. The impressions question, act surprised

2. What languages do you speak?

3. Do you enjoy classical music? If so, any favourite composers? If not, what is your excuse? :p

4. What brought you to SF in the first place?
5. What do you find most appealing about your field of study?
I just realized no. 3 is more like three questions, oh well.
Edited by Topazd

1. Obligatory impressions question

2. Impressions of HHH?

3. Why are you such a nerd?

4. Have you ever walked out of a movie?

5. Do you like Star Wars?

1. I feel like I wouldn't do justice to this question if I didn't turn it into 'first, later, current impressions.'

First: this guy has cool GIF reactions or something.

Later: fun guy to have silly discussions with or talk about old FE with. Kind of a friend, I guess.

Current: a nice person whom I call a friend for more important reasons than shared love of old FE games and silly discussions. It's good talking with you, although I feel like we don't do that as much as we used to anymore.

2. First: whoa, this is a really cool place with really fun people. Current: it's nice to drop by every once in a while because there's fun people here, but it's got its flaws. It's not like I see it as my home on SF, though I can't deny the role it's come to play in my life.

3. I was born that way. Even at that stage in my life where I tried not being a nerd, I was still a nerd.

4. Never. And I'm not just saying that because I rarely go to the cinema.

5. Yeah sure, although I'm not the biggest fan and it's been quite some time since I've seen the movies.

1. Obligatory impressions question

1. First: whoa, another Daniel, how cool. Current: fun guy with an enjoyable sense of humor. Not sure if you qualify as a friend, but I enjoy our interactions and shared lame humor. Could do with a better study attitude, but as long as this works for you...

1. The impressions question, act surprised

2. What languages do you speak?

3. Do you enjoy classical music? If so, any favourite composers? If not, what is your excuse? :p

4. What brought you to SF in the first place?
5. What do you find most appealing about your field of study?
I just realized no. 3 is more like three questions, oh well.

1. Whoa, I am super duper surprised.

First: seems like a pretty smart guy who is well at home in FE discussion.

Current: person with a healthy liking for old FE games and apparently some sort of FE3 LTC'ing expert. Smart person who is a good conversation partner in FE discussion. It would be fun if you dropped by a chat thread or something once so I could get to know you better.

2. My native language is Dutch and I speak English fluently. I'm quite good at French and German. My Latin is... I can translate Latin texts alright, and my writing isn't that bad, but other skills are nothing to boast of. Ancient Greek is even worse, but I have the necessary grammar knowledge to translate a text when I'm given a dictionary. My Japanese is at beginner level, but slowly (and actively) improving. I also know some very basic Quenya vocabulary and grammar.

3. Yeah, I enjoy classical music, though I don't listen to it as often as I should. Not really any particular favorite composers... My excuse is that I don't really know where to start (except asking Shezzy to recommend me stuff).

4. The site itself, that was so long ago, I don't even remember when it was. I loved FE, so SF was a great place. Never really visited the forums, except a few times when a Google search brought me there. One of those times, I suddenly thought: "Wait, but with my love for FE, I belong in this place." So I made an account.

5. ...That's hard to say. I imagine myself a born jurist. I have a strong sense of justice, I'm very scrupulous, analytical and I'm good with language too (which is important for the interpretation and explanation of laws). But what I love the most about law... that's taking a legal case that interests me and get to the complete bottom of it (and that's where my perfectionism plays a part).

It's OK, I forgive you.

1. What is your favorite color?

2. Is there a particular brand of peanut butter you prefer over others?

3. Do you even like peanut butter?

4. Pop Tarts or Toaster Strudels?

5. Favorite Fire Emblem Character?

1. Blue.

2. No.

3. Yeah, I like peanut butter.

4. What?

5. Er... I dunno. Cliff? I like most characters, to be honest.

I don't like impression questions, but I shall ask what is your favourite game?

favourite game genre?

have you ever traveled abroad?

what's your opinion on THE iDOLM@STER series?

1. Fire Emblem. (Please don't make me choose a specific one).

2. Dunno, I'm bad at knowing which game is which genre.

3. Lots of time. Mostly to Germany, but I've visited Belgium and France frequently too, and Italy a few times. I've also been to Spain, England, Switzerland and Turkey once.

4. Have heard its name, and that's all.

1. Hey Hatt?

2. Have you ever had paella? If so, what did you think of it?

3. Are you interested in languages and/or linguistics? Which?

4. What histories are you most interested in?

5. What do you study in law or want to study in law?

1. Favorite sukusuku and/or Touhou character.

2. What do you think of the minor gods known as penguins?

3. Favorite Touhou game.

4. Favorite Touhou fangame, if any. If not, then N/A or something.

5. Any favorite books or authors? If so, list them if possible.

You bums, wait until I've lifted the question limit.

Okay, I'm lifting the question limit.

What other countries would you like to visit?

Have you equipped your Limit Breaker skill?

5. Too many! Highlights include Japan, Greece, Mongolia, the US, Egypt, Russia.

6. Not yet, but I really should, shouldn't I?

1. Hey Hatt?

2. Have you ever had paella? If so, what did you think of it?

3. Are you interested in languages and/or linguistics? Which?

4. What histories are you most interested in?

5. What do you study in law or want to study in law?

1. Yes.

2. I don't remember! I remember when we were in Spain my dad was going on about wanting to eat paella all the time, but I can't remember for the life of me if I actually had it. From what I've heard, it's pretty good.

3. Yes and yes, a lot. ALL OF THEM! Really, I wish I could learn all languages, but unfortunately there's a limit. Currently learning Japanese because I wanted to learn something non-Indo-European (partially out of curiosity, partially as a way of comparative linguistics). Other good candidates for this choice were Arabic, Chinese and Russian.

4. That's a difficult one. I have a policy against picking favorites when it comes to history, but I have a bias for Roman history (both of my parents studied Greek and Latin, my mother was a Greek and Latin teacher; it's what I grew up with). I have a soft spot for Japanese history too, but I sadly know only little about it.

5. Right now I'm just a freshman, so it's still very general, but I know from my hobby experiences with law that I am most interested in legal philosophy and constitutional law. So constitutional law is probably going to be my master's.

1. What would you say is your greatest strength?
2. What are your most common negative thoughts.
3. What's a game series you've always wanted to try, but never have?
4. If your life was a video game, what genre would it be?
5. What would the difficulty be set at?
6. What type of weather describes your mind?
7. Favorite touhou track?
8. If you could learn any instrument overnight. what would it be?
9. What FE character do you relate to most?
10.First and current impressions of me?

1. Because of my analytical nature and my sense of justice, I'd say it's my judgement.

2. Thoughts about how my perfectionism limits me, about how history comes down to repeating cycles and humanity is too stupid to break them, about how I don't work hard enough. I also easily get the feeling that people dislike me.

3. 'Always' is a big word, but you were talking about Ys and I'd like to try it, but haven't gotten to it. For a long time, Touhou took this spot, but I actually play that now.

4. Something boring. I guess a combination of puzzle and strategy or something?

5. Easy compared to other games, but pretty hard in its own peculiar way.

6. Cloudy with the sun breaking through, but also a chance of rain.

7. Uhh... that's a tough one. Let's just say there's a reason I didn't vote for favorite final boss theme in the Touhou chat thread.

8. I'm pretty content with playing keyboards (also I wouldn't be able to choose).

9. Hmm... I think Ephraim. Keen judgement, and his style of ruling seems to confirm to my own principles (being a combination of popular sovereignty and royal sovereignty).

10. First: whoa, this new guy on SF is pretty active (secretly jealous).

Current: I count you among my best friends and I feel like we can have rational discussions about most things. You can be overly negative though. I think you need to find some sense of direction in your life. I assure it gets better from there.

1. Favorite sukusuku and/or Touhou character.
2. What do you think of the minor gods known as penguins?
3. Favorite Touhou game.
4. Favorite Touhou fangame, if any. If not, then N/A or something.
5. Any favorite books or authors? If so, list them if possible.

1. I am too badly versed in the lore of sukusuku to answer that question. Favorite Touhou character is Shikieiki... or Konngara...

2. Penguins are the best.

3. I have yet to play most of them and so far I like all of them. I'll leave my answer at SoEW because it's not as frustrating as HRtP and not as weird as PoDD. Yeah, I actually find PoDD weirder than HRtP.

4. Touhoumon is the only one I played, and I like it. I'd also like to try Touhou Chemblem sometime.

5. Tolkien is my favorite author, and I own almost his entire mythology (only The History of the Hobbit is still missing, curses). So yeah, definitely The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I have mixed feelings about The Silmarillion; it's too much history crammed into one book, but still a good read for a Tolkien fan. Another favorite is the third volume of The History of Middle-earth, namely The Lays of Beleriand. The Lay of Leithian in particular is a really well-written poem, in my opinion.

Opinion on nihilism?

What's your least favorite musical genre?

Would you say your astrological sign fits you?

May I also jump on the "impressions of me" questions bandwagon?

1. Don't know too much about it, but I am nihilistic to the extent that I do not believe in any objective truth, morality or meaning to life (nuance: I do not exclude the possibility that they could exist, but I am convinced that it is impossible for us to know). But I don't let that thought hinder me in my personal beliefs in truth, morality and meaning. I accept the fact that a person needs something to live their life by, and I subsequently have a strong morality and strong principles. However, the thought does give me nuance, and therefore I am always ready to consider alternative beliefs and perspectives.

2. Er... dubstep, probably.

3. Er... I remember looking it up a long time ago and thinking it was quite fitting, but I don't really remember. *looks up*

- Adaptable

- Superficial
- Impulsive
- Restless
- Devious
Gemini are extremely independent. They will not be pinned down by anyone or any rules.

Oh hell no, hahaha. But it also lists 'energetic,' 'clever,' 'witty' and 'indecisive,' which are qualities of mine.

4. Er...

First: I vaguely remember you and Sol talking in the interview thread when it was his interview, so I guess I thought you were a somewhat inactive SF member who was friends with Sol and therefore came back for his interview? Clearly I did not know of LtP's existence back then, haha.

Current: You seem like a smart and busy person and from what I remember, we have certain common interests, which is cool. I think I only have to gain on an intellectual level from talking more with you.

Oh, whoops, I didn't answer your question. Yes, you may.

Edited by Hattusili I

impressions, if any

favorite music genre?

what inspired you to be were you are now? (i know you told me, but i think it's interesting enough for others to know)

favorite vidja gaem series?

favorite music artists?

games you want to try out?

1. Looking back at your reign as king of the Hittite Old Kingdom, would you have done anything differently?

2. If so, what?

3. What compelled you to rename yourself after the new capital and not the other way around?

4. Favorite movie?

5. Favorite dessert?

6. First/current impressions, if you can?

6. What's with the Hittite thing?

7. Do you tend to prefer older games, or is that just a thing for Touhou/FE?

8. Do you enjoy science fiction, in general?

9. Would you rather live in a Sci-Fi world or a fantasy world?

10. If you could live in any place in the world, where would you live?

impressions, if any

favorite music genre?

what inspired you to be were you are now? (i know you told me, but i think it's interesting enough for others to know)

favorite vidja gaem series?

favorite music artists?

games you want to try out?

1. First: I thought you were a pretty cool and very friendly guy. I looked up to you.

Current: You're still a cool and friendly guy, but more than that, you're a well-intentioned friend. I no longer look up to you and I see your awkwardness in social interactions for what it is now - mind you, this isn't a bad thing; I see you in a more realistic light and that means that our friendship has matured.

2. I don't really have a favorite genre. I care more about the music itself than the genre it belongs to, and I consequentially listen to multiple genres.

3. You want me to tell the whole story? Ho man... I'll summarize it a bit.

I was born a nerd. For most of elementary school, I was just a gigantic nerd. This changed when I hit puberty, with the desire to no longer be a nerd. This failed, because I am just a born nerd. When I grew wiser, I realized I was a nerd - but it's important not to underestimate the influence of the time when I wanted to stop being a nerd, because it helped me get over my shyness.

Now there's three big developments, each about a year long, taking place at the end of high school. In Dutch high schools, every year is called a class, and the last three years of high school are fourth class, fifth class and sixth class. Each class shaped me as a person.

In fourth class I had a big conflict with a teacher who just didn't do her job right. I had already had a conflict with a likewise teacher in third class, but I handled that very unprofessionally (the way I handled it is actually conflicting with my current principles). This new conflict though, I handled by strictly following the rules, including all the proper procedures of complaint. The thing dragged on for the whole year, but I remained firm (positus sum quod ius positum est). At the end of the year, after a whole investigation, school said I was right and the teacher was removed from her position. This is what shaped my juridical skills.

In fifth class I was offered the opportunity to do my English and German final exams one year early - meaning that I had to do both fifth class and sixth class English and German all in fifth class. Besides, there was a heavy workload from the other subjects I followed. This is what shaped my hard working skills.

In sixth class I joined SF. Without knowing the effect that would have on my life. I got to know new people, with different backgrounds, from different cultures. I made new friends. I got a girlfriend. All this led to so many social situations I had never experienced before (and my social situations up to then had always been rather superficial), it had a huge effect on me. This is what shaped my social skills.

These are the most important developments in my life because they define who I am and who I want to be. I want to do good for society. That has a theoretical side (juridical skills) and a practical side (social skills), and requires working hard.

The one event that has shaped me the most was the break-up with my girlfriend back in May. I learned so much: dealing with backlash, overwhelming negative emotions, the importance of friendship... but the lasting effect I am most fond of is that it made me return to philosophy, which shaped me even further.

4. Fire Emblem.

5. ZUN, Fire Emblem (that's mostly Yuka Tsujiyoko), Blind Guardian, Rhapsody of Fire, a bunch of Tolkien related stuff (like Howard Shore's compositions for the movies, but there's a lot of other artists there too), Jeff van Dyck's compositions for the Total War series.

6. Ys, some of the more recent Total War games, more DQ.

1. Looking back at your reign as king of the Hittite Old Kingdom, would you have done anything differently?

2. If so, what?

3. What compelled you to rename yourself after the new capital and not the other way around?

4. Favorite movie?

5. Favorite dessert?

6. First/current impressions, if you can?

1. Hmm, maybe.

2. I would probably have done more to fortify Hittite hold on Arzawa. If I had known the troubles Ahhiyawa would start causing there later, I would have taken greater care to strengthen ourselves against it.

3. Let's face it: the name of Nesa had become tainted. All that strife within the royal family and the civil insecurity that that caused were things we needed to get rid of. Just moving the capital wasn't enough. We had to get rid of this bad name and become a more just and glorious people - which meant cutting our ties with our Nesan past. With this in mind, I moved the capital Hattusa, renamed myself after it, renamed my function after it, renamed my people after it and renamed my state after it.

4. Not really a movie-goer. The Lord of the Rings because I like Tolkien.

5. Panacotta, I think, but it's been a long time since I've had it.

6. I accept your challenge.

First: I don't really remember, but I can vaguely recall I was afraid you disliked me.

Current: you're a pretty cool guy. We don't talk much, but I find it enjoyable when we do.

11. Happiness without knowledge, or knowledge without happiness?

12. Myers-briggs personality type?

13. If your life was a book, what would the title be?

14. What historical figure do you admire the most?

15. How are you different in real life than on the internet, if there is any difference at all?

16. Do you prefer small groups of friends you know very well, or larger groups of friends whom you have less understanding with?

17. Favorite interview to read through in this thread?

18. How good are you at following your goals?

19. Which can have a more positive affect on a person, introversion or extraversion?

20. If there was one sin you could eliminate from the nature of mankind, what would it be?

11. Knowledge without happiness. It already fits me to some extent.

12. INTJ, I believe.

13. Everything, except a book can't contain everything; so here's the best we could do.

14. Hattusili I. That's a tough one. The Roman Emperor Justinian I gets a lot of admiration from me, though I don't know as much about him as I would like. Shoutout to queen Wilhelmina. Extra shoutout to Heraclitus. For many other favorites, there's still mixed feelings that hold me back. For example, I admire the Dutch king William I for his energetic rule and policy of persistency, but I also feel like he was too autocratic for the Dutch constitutional system.

15. I don't think there's too much of a difference, but I tend to be more talkative on the Internet.

16. I prefer a small group of friends I know very well.

17. There is only one interview in this thread! As for the old thread, I don't know. Some interviews pleasantly surprised me, like Integrity's. Yeah, going to say Integrity's.

18. I don't give up.

19. That depends on how you define 'positive.' I think extraversion tends to lead to more short-term positive effects, while introversion tends to lead to more long-term positive effects.

20. Lust. Be happy with what you have, and don't cross the boundaries of reason to get more.

6. What's with the Hittite thing?

7. Do you tend to prefer older games, or is that just a thing for Touhou/FE?

8. Do you enjoy science fiction, in general?

9. Would you rather live in a Sci-Fi world or a fantasy world?

10. If you could live in any place in the world, where would you live?

6. I named myself Hattusili I on SF. It grew from there.

7. I actually do not tend to prefer older games and it is also not a thing for Touhou and FE! I just care a lot about chronological order.

8. I guess... but I don't have much of an interest in it.

9. Fantasy world. It interests me more.

10. Right here. I like it here.

11. Why did you name yourself after Hattusili I?

12. Would you prefer to experience some media franchise in the order the individual works were released, or in the order they happen chronologically in-universe?

13. Have you read any American superhero comics?

14. What about any European comics?

15. Wanna buy some wed?