SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Rule 1 reads as follows:

1. The featured user will be decided by a poll of nominees. When a winner is chosen, they will be disqualified from being nominated again until the other nominations have been exhausted or majority opinion demands it.

I figured this rule would start giving trouble eventually. The problem should be quite obvious: past interviewees cannot be nominated again until they receive enough nominations. Technically though, the rule does not state "majority nominations," but rather an even vaguer term "majority opinion." Majority opinion, under the current rules, therefore exists as something separate from nominations. I therefore cannot at present consider any vote for Kinumi a nomination - I can, however, evaluate if there is a case of majority opinion demanding her interview, but given the total of nominations and the discussion on the last few pages, I'd judge that this is not the case.

However, this is judging under the current rules. SF Interviews is over a year old now and we're approaching our fiftieth interview. Although I very much support the purpose of general rule 1 (which is to give other users than the most popular ones a chance at an interview), I understand the desire to re-interview a past interviewee, especially because new members have joined who might be interested in interviewing them, but weren't around at the time of their first interview. I've been thinking about updating the rules to allow for re-interviews, under certain conditions so as to not undermine the purpose of general rule 1.

Anyone with suggestions (or otherwise meaningful discussion) is free to pitch them in this thread or to me.

I've decided to come back to this.

Considering all the above, I have decided to implement the following rules:

Re-Interviews

1. Every tenth Interview (i.e. Interview #10, #20, #30 etc.) may be a Re-Interview.
  2. In the nomination period preceding a tenth Interview, users may use one of their nominations to nominate a past interviewee.
  3. There must be at least twenty Interviews between a user's prior Interview and their subsequent Re-Interview. Do not nominate any past interviewee who is not eligible for a Re-Interview.
  4. In case of a tie between past interviewees and regular nominees, the regular nominees always take precedence.
  5. In case of a tie between past interviewees, the one who has had the fewest Interviews will take precedence. In case a tie still persists after application of this rule, the one whose last interview was longest ago will take precedence.
  6. All normal rules apply. If you are nominating someone, make sure that they are willing and able to accept your nomination.

Discussion of these new rules, either in this thread or through PM, is welcome. They are new and therefore subject to change.

Now that these rules have been implemented, I have removed the "until majority opinion demands it" clause from general rule 1, as the rules for re-interviews take over this clause's purpose.

I have also updated the other rules a little bit to make them clearer and more consistent. For these reasons, I have also added a simple terminology section at the head of the rules.

Edited by Hattusili I

SF Interview #58: LuxSpes
Interview ends on 7/2/2016.

Final nomination count:

12: LuxSpes

7: Charlie
4: Power Master
3: Fire Emblem Fan
2: Zera
1: Austin
1: Lil Bean
1: Sirius
1: Ms. Andrews
1: Tragonight
1: Quintessence
1: Soul
1: Breezy
Edited by Hattusili I

1. lux what are ur first and current impressions of me

2. what flight rising flight do you think would have suit you the best if light didn't exist

3. what kind of person do you think you are

4. do you have a favourite song

C'est comment la vie à Gatineau ?

Ça te dérange si je te pose mes questions en français durant ton entrevue ?

Est-ce que t'enlève la limite de questions ?

Edited by Naughx

1) Why do you want to be a teacher?
2) What do you think about teachers' pay? Do you think they should be paid more or less, and why?
3) What are your thoughts on tenure?
4) I think you said you wanted to teach uh between the level of high school and college (bonus question: what was that called?) but why is that?
5) If you could do any other job, what would it be?

I lift the question limit

your favorite subject back in school?

are you happy where you are currently?

most interesting thing you've seen irl?

most annoying fandom to you?

impressions, if you have any

1. Biology

2. Where I am geographically or in life? For the first, I'm pretty with my city. As for the second, I'd like to have more certainty regarding what I want to do in the future, but I've taken some important steps for getting there lately. Not totally satisfied, but way less anxious than I was 1 year ago.

3. Probably interesting to me because I'm a biology nerd, but it was seeing a red-tailed hawk up close and even holding it on my arm.

4. Nearly every fandom can become really annoying and I haven't been exposed to every fandom, but from the ones I've dealt with, probably the blind console fans that insult people based on what platform they decide to spend their free time.

5. 1st: Wow who's this shockmaster goon

current: pretty cool dood. Heart of the current HHH thread IMO how could you not with that many posts

1. What is your favourite dinosaur?
2. What kind of pizza do you like?
3. What kind of soup?
4. Would you try Neo Kobe Pizza?
5. Why are you such an enormous nerd?

1. Spinosaurus

2. All-dressed with added bacon or sausage

3. Red soup my grand-mother makes

4. Maybe. Meat lovers in chicken noodle soup doesn't sound so bad. The chopstick part is the hard part since I suck at using chopsticks.

5. Because people keep introducing me to new things to be a nerd about.

C'est quoi ta saison préférée ?

T'aime mieux la crème glacée à la fraise ou aux bleuets ?

1. L'automne

2. Je n'ai jamais gouté à de la crème glacée aux bleuets, mais je vais aller avec bleuets vu que je préfères le yougourt aux bleuets.

I need to go work, so the rest will have to wait till I return.

Lux we have much to talk about my friend

1) What are your first and current impressions of me?

2) Favorite childhood memory with your little brother?

3) Where do you think you'll be 10 years from now?

4) What class / character do you like the most in Elsword and why?

1: Why is Radiant Dawn your favorite FE?

2: Which FE character is your favorite?

3: What other series do you like besides FE?

4: Do you like Star Wars?

5: Have you read any of the Chronicles of Narnia books?

6: Have you seen any of the Narnia movies?

7: What's your favorite food?

8: What's your favorite beverage?

9: What's your favorite color?

10: How did you get into the FE series?