SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I meant to ask more earlier, but it's been a crazy week.

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on Ests in Fire Emblem?

8: Opinion on Leo in Fates?

9: Opinion on kids and do you plan to have any?

10: Opinion on kids in FE?

11: Were you born in Italy, or if not, when did you come over from Tunisia?

12: What is your favorite historical era?

13: Opinion on kilts and would you wear one?

14: Opinion on petticoats?

15: Favorite FE archetype?

16: Least favorite FE archetype?

17: Least favorite FE character?

18: If you were a FE unit, what would your stats and growths be like; I'm assuming you'd be a Wyvern Rider

19: Favorite historical figure?

20: Opinion on the new weapon triangle in Fates?

It's okay, don't worry about it!

6. I like it: It's not an overused name, but It's not a name used only by few people but I could be wrong since I don't live in America

7. I don't like them: they join too late and their high growth rates aren't enough to make up for joining the team so late. Still, I can see why someone may enjoy using them.

8. I love how pragmatic and smart he appears(I always had a soft spot for these kind of characters) while still having a caring side that makes him quite human.

9. I like kids: they can be anoying sometimes, but they are also pretty cute. However, I'm not sure if I want to have any: I'm just too afraid to be like my father and do the same mistakes he did with me.

10. I like them as characters, especially in Fates, but I hope they aren't present in the next game

11. I was born in Monastir(a city of Tunisia) but me and my family went to Italy 7 months after I was born, so I don't remember much of that period. We still return in Tunisia during August and we all have a nice time there.

12. The Middle Ages(I'm including both the early Middle Ages and the late Middle Ages).

13. Altough they look nice, I wouldn't be able to wear one because I would be way too embarassed otherwise.

14. They are cute, tbh.

15. Minerva

16. Est

17. Severa

18. I imagine something like this:

HP: 70% Str: 50% Mag: 0% Skl: 45% Spd: 40% Luck: 30% Def: 55% Res: 20%

19. Lorenzo De Medici

20. I do like how It makes Bows more relevant and how It allows them to be extremely useful against Shuriken-users.

Edited by The Draco Knight

Sorry buds and I appreciate the fact that you're nominating me but this week I'm in Chicago with only my phone Internet. I won't be on SF to answer any questions so it'd probably be best to give it to someone else until next time. My apologies and happy holidays.

I'll change my votes to Captain Karnage (I thought you had gone already for some reason) and Olikad

Sorry buds and I appreciate the fact that you're nominating me but this week I'm in Chicago with only my phone Internet. I won't be on SF to answer any questions so it'd probably be best to give it to someone else until next time. My apologies and happy holidays.

Okay, did you want to be put on hiatus until further notice or free to nominate again next week?

SF Interview #105: OliKad
Interview ends on 1/1/2017.

Raguna won the nominations, but his Interview will be put on hiatus by his request.

It will be held as soon as he wishes to return.

This week's Interview will go to the second-highest nominee, OliKad.

Final nomination count:

4: Raguna
2: OliKad
1: Irysa
1: Knight Falchion

requesting that my vote for Raguna be changed to Captain Karnage

I'll change my votes to Captain Karnage

I'm still counting the votes for Raguna; I'm just putting his Interview on hiatus for now.

This means that your votes will not be changed.

Edited by Hattusili I

I guess I'll get it started...

1: Obligatory "What are your first/current impressions of me?" question.

2: Aspirations in life?

3: What is a movie, video game, etc that you like that everyone else hates?

4: What is a movie, video game, etc that you hate that everyone else likes?

5: Are you sticking to the 5 question limit?

idk but I think Hatt gives the call about Raguna's interview, Rezzy lol.

anywaaaaaaaaay

idk who you are but since it's the holidays i will ask you the following questions

Opinions of the following:

a. 13f26d5e1b.gif

b. 49f2b4fd55.gif

c. 8f2cc9c5d6.png

Edited by Espeon

idk but I think Hatt gives the call about Raguna's interview, Rezzy lol.

I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't know Hatt was going to award the interview before I asked, since other people have declined to be interviewed before, and I didn't want to keep nominating him if he wasn't ready to be interviewed.

I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't know Hatt was going to award the interview before I asked, since other people have declined to be interviewed before, and I didn't want to keep nominating him if he wasn't ready to be interviewed.

I'm probably misunderstanding because text lacks tone

1.Greatest achievement in life thus far?

2.Something you think is really good but I likely have never heard of?

3.What book are you currently reading?

4.Furthest you've ever been from home?

5.The most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

Oh wow, people actually remember me? That's actually pretty cool! So yeah, I hope I won't mess this up! ^^

[spoiler=Rezzy!]1- I am very bad at remembering first impressions for... well pretty much anyone, and you're no exception. :P However, I do think that you seem like a nice person, one that is very caring and friendly to anyone that talks to you. I think that this part of you shines the brightest in your whole Est thread, where you took the time to tell everyone about what happened to your little cutie, while also answering to almost anyone, even if it was just a generic ''thank god it wasn't serious'' kind of message, and I really appreciate that! Besides, your art is not too shabby. Well, it's at least an hundred times better than what I can do! xD
Oh, BTW, I hope that Est passed a happy first Christmas with you both. :)
2- What I'd love to do is to work at Nintendo one day, even though it will be very unlikely for me to do. :P But really, my dream carrier would probably be as a game designer or music composer for video games, just to be implied with my all-time favourite hobby/passion (although I do like Anime as well :P). Problem is, it's not really evident to have a formation for this specific job, so I might be stuck in limbo for a while. :/
3- I honestly doubt that you will be familiar with any of the games that I'll list (I'm not a big movie watcher) because they're all from the 80s and 90s, so... Yeah... Sorry... :(
A game that I like but everyone else hates is probably Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. This game is widely criticized for being way too confusing and tedious, to the point where a guide is constantly needed to progress, but despite that, I do really like it! It has some great graphics - for the time, of course - a badass soundtrack, and I honestly think that the adventure feeling that the game gave was really cool! I'm also generally a sucker for Metroidvania games, so this was definitively in my alley. ;)
4- The game in this unfortunate category has to be Demon's Crest, a very obscure game by Capcom on the Super Nintendo. The very few people that have played it all say that this game is a hidden masterpiece... and I just don't see it at all. Sure, the graphics are downright spectacular (even for today in my opinion) and the music is good as well, but the game requires you to revisit stages more than once in order to get even plot-important items, which I really don't like. Even then, the hero (Firebrand) controls very oddly and can only shoot one projectile at a time in the beginning, and that really sucks and ruins the game in my opinion. This is sure not Mega Man, let me tell you. :/
5- If I'm allowed to, why not? I really don't mind! ^^

Thanks for your interest Rezzy! :D

[spoiler=Espeon!]They are all really cute, and I love cute things! :D (That probably explains why I'm a big Kirby fan...)
I think my favourite is the 2nd one, because I really like the hat, and also the blue color in general.
Great job on the animation, too! Keep it up!^^

[spoiler=Jotari!]1- Honestly, being alive, and I'm actually serious! I was born 3 months before term, with a paralysis to one of my vocal chords (I still speak fine, though) and I was immediately forced into tons of operations, including one for my poor heart. I had to stay in here for three months, and then to be plugged to a noisy machine at home to allow me to breathe better. The irony is that it was at the wedding anniversary of my parents that I could finally be released from it. :) So yeah, it's kind of a miracle that I survived to all of this. But fortunately, I'm perfectly fine now, so no need to worry. ^^
Besides that, um... I guess beating the original Ninja Gaiden (NES) in 20 minutes is something I'm very proud of, but I don't have much that is thrilling to be honest. :P
2- Turrican II on the Amiga. An absolutely awesome action-platformer with great animation, probably one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a video game ever, some great controls and a fantastic level-design which features very large levels to explore to find tons of gems, extra lives, upgrades and such. Give it a try, be it legally or not! (especially if you like old video games like me)
Gameplay:

3- I'm currently reading the sixth volume of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It's pretty hard to read, but still pretty good nonetheless. ;) I'm not really a bookworm though.
4- I once went in Europe for a family trip two summers ago, which included a two-week stay in Italy. That's officially the farthest I've ever been from my home, Canada. It was a pretty fun trip, but a very tiring one.
5- Seth's growth rates.
Okay okay, I'll stop :P
To be honest, I think it has to be one of the rainforests I saw in Costa Rica.I usually don't like these kind of things, but in one of the rainforests (can't remember the name), there was a whole part of it where some incredibly thick fog was surrounding everything around me, except for the vegetation itself. However, when the trees suddenly stopped to hide the sky, that's when I realized how thick it was: I could literally see nothing from said sky, only the fog and the little plants on the ground. At this very moment, I felt like I was in some sort of psychedelic dream, and it was absolutely breathtaking. I know that I haven't described it too well, but I hope you'll get the idea!
Anyway, thanks for the questions Jotari!

[spoiler=Eleanor Hume!]1- That is one tough question for me! I think that I'll go with the epic feeling of the battle themselves. Even if there IS some tedious map design for that (aka Chapter 5 and 7), the creators really nailed how to make you feel like you were at one big war in the whole continent. No matter if its by the quite big number of enemies, the way that they told you the (in my opinion, sorry Rezzy :P) fantastic story, the music that they chose for xy scene, how the different chapters match almost perfectly the world map of the game, or even just the classes themselves, it really feels like the whole country's sake is playing out right now, one turn at a time! :) Of course, the music is excellent too!
2- There's still some occasionally tedious map design for all of this to happen. And I'll admit that it does suck that you can't trade your items. Also, I guess the graphics aren't the best? I mean, they're still good enough, but it's not the flashy awesomeness of the GBA games, you know? If I had to pick one, it'll probably be the no-trading mechanic.
3- I am mostly fine with it to be honest. I actually played and loved the heck out of Fates, especially Birthright (Conquest is a close second), and Awakening - while still one of the weaker games in the series - was still a very solid experience for me. And I think that the anime-esque art style that the newer games are going for fits very well. I'll admit that the story took a big hit recently (Birthright's wasn't too bad, though), but as long as the gameplay is still in check - and it is! - it's fine by me! But maybe they should tone down the whole waifu thing.
4- THERE'S. SO. MANY. OF. THEM! Am I really forced to pick just one? Well, I'll try and give you two of my favourites: one that is a chiptune, and one that is much more recent. ;)

(You can actually find me in the comments section! xD)

If you wanna see more of my favs, I'll be glad to! :D
5- The only other tactical RPG that I've played so far is the original Shining Force o the Sega Genesis. It was pretty fun and had some cool ideas to make it different from FE (unpredictable level-ups and promotions games being one), but sadly suffers from very bland map design, just like Fire Emblem Gaiden. Speaking of, this is the closest thing to FE2 that I've played so far. That, or probably FE8. I'd recommend the game for those who likes the older FE games, like me! ;)
Thanks to you too for your interest, Eleanor! ^^

Oh wow, people actually remember me? That's actually pretty cool! So yeah, I hope I won't mess this up! ^^

[spoiler=Rezzy!]1- I am very bad at remembering first impressions for... well pretty much anyone, and you're no exception. :P However, I do think that you seem like a nice person, one that is very caring and friendly to anyone that talks to you. I think that this part of you shines the brightest in your whole Est thread, where you took the time to tell everyone about what happened to your little cutie, while also answering to almost anyone, even if it was just a generic ''thank god it wasn't serious'' kind of message, and I really appreciate that! Besides, your art is not too shabby. Well, it's at least an hundred times better than what I can do! xD

Oh, BTW, I hope that Est passed a happy first Christmas with you both. :)

2- What I'd love to do is to work at Nintendo one day, even though it will be very unlikely for me to do. :P But really, my dream carrier would probably be as a game designer or music composer for video games, just to be implied with my all-time favourite hobby/passion (although I do like Anime as well :P). Problem is, it's not really evident to have a formation for this specific job, so I might be stuck in limbo for a while. :/

3- I honestly doubt that you will be familiar with any of the games that I'll list (I'm not a big movie watcher) because they're all from the 80s and 90s, so... Yeah... Sorry... :(

A game that I like but everyone else hates is probably Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. This game is widely criticized for being way too confusing and tedious, to the point where a guide is constantly needed to progress, but despite that, I do really like it! It has some great graphics - for the time, of course - a badass soundtrack, and I honestly think that the adventure feeling that the game gave was really cool! I'm also generally a sucker for Metroidvania games, so this was definitively in my alley. ;)

4- The game in this unfortunate category has to be Demon's Crest, a very obscure game by Capcom on the Super Nintendo. The very few people that have played it all say that this game is a hidden masterpiece... and I just don't see it at all. Sure, the graphics are downright spectacular (even for today in my opinion) and the music is good as well, but the game requires you to revisit stages more than once in order to get even plot-important items, which I really don't like. Even then, the hero (Firebrand) controls very oddly and can only shoot one projectile at a time in the beginning, and that really sucks and ruins the game in my opinion. This is sure not Mega Man, let me tell you. :/

5- If I'm allowed to, why not? I really don't mind! ^^

Thanks for your interest Rezzy! :D

[spoiler=Espeon!]They are all really cute, and I love cute things! :D (That probably explains why I'm a big Kirby fan...)

I think my favourite is the 2nd one, because I really like the hat, and also the blue color in general.

Great job on the animation, too! Keep it up!^^

[spoiler=Jotari!]1- Honestly, being alive, and I'm actually serious! I was born 3 months before term, with a paralysis to one of my vocal chords (I still speak fine, though) and I was immediately forced into tons of operations, including one for my poor heart. I had to stay in here for three months, and then to be plugged to a noisy machine at home to allow me to breathe better. The irony is that it was at the wedding anniversary of my parents that I could finally be released from it. :) So yeah, it's kind of a miracle that I survived to all of this. But fortunately, I'm perfectly fine now, so no need to worry. ^^

Besides that, um... I guess beating the original Ninja Gaiden (NES) in 20 minutes is something I'm very proud of, but I don't have much that is thrilling to be honest. :P

2- Turrican II on the Amiga. An absolutely awesome action-platformer with great animation, probably one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a video game ever, some great controls and a fantastic level-design which features very large levels to explore to find tons of gems, extra lives, upgrades and such. Give it a try, be it legally or not! (especially if you like old video games like me)

Gameplay:

3- I'm currently reading the sixth volume of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It's pretty hard to read, but still pretty good nonetheless. ;) I'm not really a bookworm though.

4- I once went in Europe for a family trip two summers ago, which included a two-week stay in Italy. That's officially the farthest I've ever been from my home, Canada. It was a pretty fun trip, but a very tiring one.

5- Seth's growth rates.

Okay okay, I'll stop :P

To be honest, I think it has to be one of the rainforests I saw in Costa Rica.I usually don't like these kind of things, but in one of the rainforests (can't remember the name), there was a whole part of it where some incredibly thick fog was surrounding everything around me, except for the vegetation itself. However, when the trees suddenly stopped to hide the sky, that's when I realized how thick it was: I could literally see nothing from said sky, only the fog and the little plants on the ground. At this very moment, I felt like I was in some sort of psychedelic dream, and it was absolutely breathtaking. I know that I haven't described it too well, but I hope you'll get the idea!

Anyway, thanks for the questions Jotari!

[spoiler=Eleanor Hume!]1- That is one tough question for me! I think that I'll go with the epic feeling of the battle themselves. Even if there IS some tedious map design for that (aka Chapter 5 and 7), the creators really nailed how to make you feel like you were at one big war in the whole continent. No matter if its by the quite big number of enemies, the way that they told you the (in my opinion, sorry Rezzy :P) fantastic story, the music that they chose for xy scene, how the different chapters match almost perfectly the world map of the game, or even just the classes themselves, it really feels like the whole country's sake is playing out right now, one turn at a time! :) Of course, the music is excellent too!

2- There's still some occasionally tedious map design for all of this to happen. And I'll admit that it does suck that you can't trade your items. Also, I guess the graphics aren't the best? I mean, they're still good enough, but it's not the flashy awesomeness of the GBA games, you know? If I had to pick one, it'll probably be the no-trading mechanic.

3- I am mostly fine with it to be honest. I actually played and loved the heck out of Fates, especially Birthright (Conquest is a close second), and Awakening - while still one of the weaker games in the series - was still a very solid experience for me. And I think that the anime-esque art style that the newer games are going for fits very well. I'll admit that the story took a big hit recently (Birthright's wasn't too bad, though), but as long as the gameplay is still in check - and it is! - it's fine by me! But maybe they should tone down the whole waifu thing.

4- THERE'S. SO. MANY. OF. THEM! Am I really forced to pick just one? Well, I'll try and give you two of my favourites: one that is a chiptune, and one that is much more recent. ;)

(You can actually find me in the comments section! xD)

If you wanna see more of my favs, I'll be glad to! :D

5- The only other tactical RPG that I've played so far is the original Shining Force o the Sega Genesis. It was pretty fun and had some cool ideas to make it different from FE (unpredictable level-ups and promotions games being one), but sadly suffers from very bland map design, just like Fire Emblem Gaiden. Speaking of, this is the closest thing to FE2 that I've played so far. That, or probably FE8. I'd recommend the game for those who likes the older FE games, like me! ;)

Thanks to you too for your interest, Eleanor! ^^

6.Why was the fourth set of answers to my questions in a different font?

6.Why was the fourth set of answers to my questions in a different font?

6- It was hard to properly format this post. :P

Besides, I can barely see the difference.

7.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?

8.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?

9.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?

10.Opinion on polygamy?

11.A Mega Pokemon you'd like to see?

7.What three historical figures would you most like to go on a road trip with?
8.What three fictional heroes would you most like to go on a road trip with?
9.What three fictional villains would you most like to go on a road trip with?
10.Opinion on polygamy?
11.A Mega Pokemon you'd like to see?

7- Hmm... good question... I'd say John F. Kennedy, Winston Churchill and and former Prime Minister of the Québec state from 1976 to 1984, René Lesvèques, because important politicians like them (at least, they are to me) seem to be the most interesting people to talk about. :)

8- Sigurd (FE4), Ike (FE9) and Richter Belmont (Castlevania series), just to taste the latter's famous pork chops! xD

(Seriously, they look effing delicious!)

castlevaniarob_8.jpg

9- Alvis (FE4, again), Meta Knight (Kirby series) and the Black Knight (FE9), because they are all great vilains for different reasons (well, Meta Knight is debatable, but whatever), but also because I want to understand why they decided to act the way they did, especially in Alvis's case. Travant from the same game, wouldn't be a bad idea either.

10- I don't think that it's possible to truly love more than one person at a time, because that's just not how the brain works. Even if it was possible, this practice is more often than not associated with the worst aspects of religions, most notably Islam. The women (and much more rarely, men) who get involved in such a thing are often badly treated by their ''master'' because of that one little sentence in the Coran that, if twisted in a specific way, tells you that you should do so. And most of all, they are still not really loved by their men/women anyway. So, what's the point?

Okay, I haven't got into a relationship yet, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this question. Sorry :/

11- I can't really answer this one, because believe it or not, I haven't played a single ''real'' Pokémon game in my life! The only one that I own is Pokémon Stadium on the N64, and it's honestly not a bad game, but I was never really interested in the whole concept of the series. Maybe I should one day, though.

Still if they haven't already, it would be cool if they did one for Gyarados, just to push further the running gag of Magikarp. xD

I really like your questions Jotari, thanks again! :)

1. Impressions

2. Do you accept Sylvia as the true master race?

3. Have you played any of the Tales of series?

1- You seem to be a very emotional person. And by that, I mean that you often react very vively when I do/post something that is against your opinion. For example, when I called Sylvia annoying (I was really dumb honestly xD), you sure weren't happy about it. Still, you are a pretty funny person, and when I justfied myself, you can become very friendly and sociable, even sharing little bits of your personal life! So yeah, despite your flaws, you're a cool person, and I don't think that you should change. Plus, everyone that has fully played FE4 is a friend of mine. ;) Also, you have good taste in profile pics

2- Well, she is definitively the best dancer in the series, except MAYBE Feena in FE3 because of her actually good combat abilities. But I'm 100% certain that she is the most useful on the battlefield, even if she is very bad in combat. Plus, she's pretty cute. :3 I was probably in some form of drunkness when I said she was annoying in my FE4 tierlist thread... But I don't like her to the point of making a true master race...

3- Not yet. Heck, i still haven't even seen gameplay of them. But, I've heard that they are really good games, so maybe I'll play them someday... Eleanor is really cute though

Thanks for your interest Sophie!