Is Xavier worth it?

Urushihara

It's my second run of Thracia 776 and I'm currently on Ch. 18. It's one hell of weird chapter but just about every chapter in that game is weird. The whole process of having the villagers talk to all the Knights is just too difficult considering that reinforcements bombard you at every stair case and I'm not even sure if it's really worthwhile to recruit Xavier so I'm just thinking about heading straight forward into the fight and just killing everybody. My Dalsin actually got pretty good in this run so I probably don't even need Xavier.

General Lv7

42 HP

20 Strength

4 Magic

13 Skill

10 Speed

4 Luck(Ew)

19 Def

20 Build

And I have him the Charge skill manual to make up for his slow speed.

I couldn't recruit him in my only FE5 run, because his recruitment was a pain in the ass.

He's a good bow user. His base build is enough to use all bows.

His bases are meh, but his growths are pretty good too for a prepromoted unit (except for defense).

Good replacement, if you don't have a good bow user.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I remember the first time I played Thracia. I literally jumped for joy when I recruited Xavier (and received the member card, but that's another kettle of fish), but my enthusiasm turned to disappointment when I tried to use him. To me, Xavier seemed like another Dagda, but one who traded his availability for lower stats overall for some additional skills and a few other bells and whistles. I wouldn't bother with Xavier unless you're the sort who has to recruit every character.

And as a sidenote, I find charge to be more of a curse than a boon at the point that Xavier joins, but that may just be me.

You can make his recruitment much easier if you use fire emblem WOD's guide and rescue to make sure the npcs are in the right order to talk to the closest nights, kill the "friege" armors with meteor/thunderstorm, and wait until the member card soldiers randomly walk to the other side of the room.

I got some decent use out of him, but i was intentionally overusing him to be able to use my master lance stash indoors. I was unable to get that rank, though, despite using him constantly. I thought that he was OK, but not as good as lots of characters you have for longer. (i didn't use other bow users to compare, though.)

Edited by sirmola

FEWoD's guide doesn't mention anything about being able to put the leonster armor knights to sleep, which is by far the easiest way to recruit xavier.

You can do that and still have the conversations? also, can you do this and still have reasionble number of sleep staff/ sleep sword/blizzard uses left?

Edited by sirmola

there are up to 3 sleep swords obtainable in chapter 16A and you only need 8 uses to put all of them to sleep:

5zKMegw.png

even if you went to chapter 16B where there's only 1 sleep sword, it's not like you need more uses of that weapon anyway. the sleep sword kind of sucks.

no, xavier is never worth it if you're not SSS ranking. what does he bring to the team that other characters don't? nothing. he's bad outdoors and his movement indoors is subpar.

While I agree with the main point, I thought General, as opposed to Armor Knights, had the same movement as dismounted units, and Warriors in Thracia 776? This is discounting the inability of Generals to cross ledges whatsoever.

I'm thinking it could've been interesting if Xaxier was a Baron with his lowest weapon ranks being C.

As a fighter? No not really, most enemies at that point will eat him.

But if you consider that he has 1 leadership star which I always held in high regard, he can be worth it a lot. The following chapters will often give you more allowed units than necessary, so keeping a xavier somewhere safe, maybe together with glade who also has 1 leadership star, and you suddenly have a nice boost to your other units fighting, and in a game lile thracia I'll take any % point I can get.

Edited by GrySun

While I agree with the main point, I thought General, as opposed to Armor Knights, had the same movement as dismounted units, and Warriors in Thracia 776? This is discounting the inability of Generals to cross ledges whatsoever.

I'm thinking it could've been interesting if Xaxier was a Baron with his lowest weapon ranks being C.

general is -1 mov compared to SM, sage, and dagdar