Which side has better class options?

CrazyFiasco

Which side has the better class options?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Nohr or Hoshido?

• Nohr!
    • Hoshido!
    • Neither!

I think Hoshido has the better classes for dealing damage, and has a good array of skills, but I got to give my vote to Nohr, just because of how good the classes look, and how useful the classes are, along with some fantastic skills.

Honestly I can't choose on this one...

Cause one one hand, Nohr has the Mercenary line, which has always been my favorite, it has the Butler line and I adore Butlers, it has Wyvern Rider, and Dark Mage...

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, Hoshido has the Spirit Fox line, the Samurai line, Lance Fighter, and Bowman...

I just personally prefer Hoshido, they got a lot of the classes that I like in FE. Nohr has my least favorite class (armor knight), and a lot more battle panties.

I don't like either sides choices.Let me explain.

On one hand you have Hoshido, great damage dealers but no tanks.They all die way to easily and the only tank you ever get is Joker, but you have to reclass him to GK in order for him to do so.

Then there is Nohr, which has so many one sided classes.We have Knights who have bad movement and Spd that not even Elfie can compensate for, and then you have fighters who deal great damage and are fast but cant take shit for damage.It does not help when the better of the two available units comes later, which seems to be the case with a lot of the units in the Nohr route, the better units come later then earlier which is just odd.

That s why I like IK over the other two campaigns, while it takes a while for Nohr to fully kick in, you get a decent amount of diversity in Hoshidan to Nohrian classes which helps in the disadvantages each set has in their own routes.

I'm having trouble deciding... Both sides have some of my favorite classes, but on the other hand, Nohr has my least favorite class (Berserker), which makes me lean more toward Hoshido.

They both have great classes. Nohr has Cavaliers (my favorite class) while Hoshido has Ninjas (my new second favorite class). Hoshido has Nine-Tailed Foxes, Nohr has Garous, the list goes on.

I have to go with Nohr because of the medieval European theme.

Edited by riolumaster

I think my vote will go to Nohr for having thieves, dark mages, social knights and mercs.

But I have a soft spot for basara, because they look so crazy and cool. They remind me of kabukimono (or at least the pop culture versions of them), which I believe was the intention of the designers.

As much as I love Nohr's classes and the medieval European based designs, I have to go with Hoshido. The ancient Japanese theme is pretty refreshing. One thing I liked about Fates was that the countries had very different armor, names, etc, which can't really be said for most FE games where the characters look as if they could fit in any of the other nations on the continent.

Though my top favorite classes, Sorcerer and Dark Falcon, are on Nohr's side, most of Nohr's other classes have never really been favorites of mine (Cavalier, Knight, Rod Knight), but most offer great Skills. They also have very few new classes, but I do like the few they added, like Garou and Revenant Knight.

Meanwhile, Hoshido has a bunch of brand new classes which I love and look great, but also has my absolute least favorite class (Archer). However, that's really the only downside. Hoshido also has it's own great Skills that can be gotten.

So I have to say Hoshido. The fact that it has almost all new classes just makes me think it has the better options since almost every class on Nohr's side isn't anything we haven't seen before, which makes Hoshido more appealing to me. I will be playing Nohr first, since they appeal to me more, but Hoshido's new classes will also be fun to play with~

Hoshido definitely has better offensive skills (Ogre Strike, Copycat Puppet, Hoshido, [White Blood Skill], Breaking Sky, etc.)

However, Nohr's classes are not only in keeping with the Fire Emblem aesthetic that I like (medieval/high fantasy flavor), but are also strong and rather powerful--Berserker anyone?

I've gotta say Nohr. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the staples, but I'm not super big on most of the new classes outside of the ninja line. Plus, Nohr gets more mounts and can typically take a hit, which can't really be said for most Hoshido classes.

(Also I'm twelve years old and magic-using wyvern riders are everything I've ever wanted in life)

From what I can tell:

In Hoshido:
-Most of your units are speedsters/glass cannon and have higher Strength, Skill, Speed, and Luck in exchange for lower HP, defense, and resistance.
-You have less axe and tome users, but more Hidden Weapon, Bow, and Staff users (reclassing some of your units as Dread Fighters, Shuras or Weaponsmiths is quite good here).
-The units have more mobility.
-Most of the skills you have access to are more supportive/offensive type, and you have more skills scale based out of Luck (Midoriko is more useful in Hoshido route because of this).

In Nohr:
-A large majority of your units are tankier and puts more emphasis in HP, defense, and resistance. Some characters will have high strength and magic, but their speed and Luck will be lackluster to the point that you'll end up being doubled and getting criticalled most of the time.

-You have more axe and tome users, but less Hidden Weapon, Bow, and Staff users (this is why Mozume is more useful in Nohr route than Hoshido and it's also a reason why Maids are more useful in Nohr route than in Hoshido route). Coincidentally enough, a large majority of units you face in the Nohr storyline are flying units.

-Your units have less mobility, which adds extra challenge in Nohr route since some of the chapters involve getting from point X to point Y (and facing far more flying units).

-The skills you have access to are more defensive and self-healing in nature, and you have more skills that scale out of Skill (it'll be harder to maximize Midoriko's potential in Nohr route). The higher number of self-healing skills is to compensate the lack of strong healers in your party.

Both routes have the same amount of lance, sword, and magic users. Although Hoshido have stronger sword/lance users while Nohr have stronger Tome users.

Overall, I prefer the Hoshido classes over Nohr classes because I prefer glass cannon/speedster units over slow, tankier units (kill your enemies fast before you get your ass fucked over). This is also the reason why I often make Amelia in Sacred Stones a Super Recruit as well as putting a lot of emphasis on the Swordmaster/Trueblade classes in many other Fire Emblem games. However, Nohr does have some classes I personally like (the Hero, Berserker, and Great Knight classes), and I do have some a maid fetish in some degree.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

I actually like tanky classes more but Hoshido has the aesthetic and Oni as a class just strikes every type of yes with me. A lot of nohrian classes are actually gorgeous this time around, but hindered by inappropriate placement of gratuitous panties. I will have to say Hero is one of my favorite designs in the game, though.

My vote goes to Hoshido. The classes imo are more aesthetically pleasing, and have really good skills. I'm more of a bow and tome user, as well.

Plus it's had something that I've wanted for the longest time: Flying Bow-wielders.

Totally gonna class Hinoka and Tsubaki into Golden-Kite Warriors. I know it's not the best set-up, but I will have an army of flying archers so help me gOD-

Both has good classes tbh but i choose hoshido, so much my style of fighting i would say and those lancers are awesome, Oboro is one of favourite tho lol
Look at this both sides have like few "S" classes like dark mage for nohr and holy lancer for hoshido, it all depends of preference which you have on certain classes. : p