37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ( 'ω') ZM ('ω' ) said:

where's the th16 hype

My apathy towards the main series Touhou games has never been greater than after LoLK, tbh.
I mean, I'm still willing to give it a go once the full version's out and translated, but I have enough games on my backlog as is.

6 hours ago, Kokoro said:

i bet it freaking did. didn't it also start some people to do other characters with a tan? :V

Yeah. Daiyousei in particular gets a lot.

6 hours ago, ( 'ω') ZM ('ω' ) said:

Anyone that isn't Cirno (decent with Winter, at least). Best seasons are Autumn and Winter. ReimuSpring is very good, too. 

Wait, am I understanding this right? You can pick your season? ...so it's like a shot type? I thought the seasons were fixed for each character.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

My apathy towards the main series Touhou games has never been greater than after LoLK, tbh.
I mean, I'm still willing to give it a go once the full version's out and translated, but I have enough games on my backlog as is.

Wait, am I understanding this right? You can pick your season? ...so it's like a shot type? I thought the seasons were fixed for each character.

Understandable. LoLK was a uh...interesting entry.

Yep. The seasons are subshots. Each character has a season they represent, and then they can pick one of four subshots. Reimu has Spring, Cirno has Summer, Aya has Autumn, and Marisa has Winter. Subshots are: Spring = Homing, Summer = Spread, Autumn = Forward Focus, Winter = Lasers.

Gonna use this stupid double post to note something else: Cirno is awful because her spread is weak as sin: she has an excess of it, but it's so wide it does little damage. CirnoSummer is the worst combination you can go for.

Edited by ( 'ω') ZM ('ω' )

I see.

1 hour ago, ( 'ω') ZM ('ω' ) said:

CirnoSummer is the worst combination you can go for.

That's not very surprising. In the end she is an ice fairy, after all. :B

3 hours ago, ( 'ω') ZM ('ω' ) said:

Gonna use this stupid double post to note something else: Cirno is awful because her spread is weak as sin: she has an excess of it, but it's so wide it does little damage. CirnoSummer is the worst combination you can go for.

So Cirno has the best shot in the game. Gotcha.

I love Eternity Larva's theme. I only bothered with Marisa because she's my main. I like the Fall and Winter sub shots because they're what I prefer in shmups(forward shot/laser).

Nemuno is a shapely grandma and Aunn is precious

Edited by Emeraldfox

Aunn is mine because some kinda canine
Aunn looks kinda weird to me though. i'm not sure if i'll ever beat her because i have shit reflexes. :V i do love eternity larva

I would have 1cc'd the demo on normal if my controller will stop malfunctioning. Messing with the sensitivity helps a little, but it still messes up which makes me run into bullets and fail spell cards. Woe is me.

13 hours ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

The final face looked like cakewalk compared to the previous ones.

Face?

16 hours ago, Kokoro said:

wow that's a lot of spells stuff
i wish i could even do the first lmao
ONE DAY

you'll be fine

I took a break from trying to 1CC MoF today to replay the EoSD extra stage with Marisa A. I wish I would've tried her on the extra stage before, if only to consistently capture Royal Flare.

7 hours ago, shezzy said:

wish SA had better marisa shots

part of the reason i like eosd so much is that every shot type is viable

Yeah, I share the sentiment

Marisa A would probably be viable outside of NMNB runs if she simply gained more than the usual lol2 Power after dying
Marisa B would probably be viable if her shots did anything resembling damage outside of hitting completely arbitrary sweet spots on the most impractical angles in existence
Marisa C would definitely be viable if her rockets actually did decent damage