deleted35362

poll title  

37 members have voted

1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how to do the second spell, but the bullets coming from both directions messes with my head and I can never dodge it.

The survival spell is also hard but I didn't mention it because it's fun to dodge.

Yeah, it's basically the same for me.

Minoriko's last spell seems a little luck-based, and I have trouble with Nitori's miniboss spell, but otherwise I can do the first three stages pretty well. I like Nitori's final spell a lot more on Lunatic.

Ah, ok.
I have finished 8 and everything past 11 except for 13 and their extra mode.

Also I noticed that I posted bulls twice in my former post. 
I was considering between 10+11.
12 is UFO what I have played and beaten already.

I know MoF features Aya as boss, so it'd be a pro-arugment for this game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I think it deserves to be revived once more.

After more than ten months I finally came back to Touhou.

Started to play PCB because it features lots of characters I like.
For my very first attempt (icecold) it turned out respectively by facing stage 5's boss.
Unfortunately the majority of my life and bomb losses were caused by pressing wrong buttons.
I think it wasn't even impossible to face the final boss...

PCB seems fun and not too hard , but I don't quite get the ressource system so far.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have beaten PCB which was my first Touhou part after about 1.5 years.

I still can Touhou. 

Now I just have to beat all higher difficulties and capture enough spells besides that and beat extra mode to fulfill a dream of mine: Facing Yukari and so my own ego.

Child's play!

1 hour ago, Necrofantasia said:

I have beaten PCB which was my first Touhou part after about 1.5 years.

I still can Touhou. 

Now I just have to beat all higher difficulties and capture enough spells besides that and beat extra mode to fulfill a dream of mine: Facing Yukari and so my own ego.

Child's play!

You only need to capture 60 spells across all non-Phantasm difficulties + clear Extra to unlock Yukari.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

So I do not to have to clear a run for the spellcard capturing? 

It would make things a bit easier, but since there are about 25 spellcards in this game I have to do 100% on easy and normal and capture a few on hard or extra. 

That also said I never have beaten an extra mode yet. 

Edited by Necrofantasia

1 minute ago, Necrofantasia said:

So I do not to have to clear a run for the spellcard capturing? 

It would make things a bit easier, but since there are about 25 spellcards in this game I have to do 100% on easy and normal and capture a few on hard or extra. 

That also said I never have beaten an extra mode yet. 

You need to capture the card in a run that ends, either by dying or by clearing.  You can also use stage practice.

I'd recommend getting as many as you think you can on earlygame Hard/Lunatic/Extra.  Some early cards on those are definitely simpler than some later cards on Normal.  Ran's also one of the easier Extra bosses which helps.

For some reason I do better progress in lunatic than in normal probably because the faster speed and higher amount of projectiles makes it easier for me how to stream and to understand the pattern of the spells. 

Came to stage 4 in Touhou 7...till my laptop decided to crash again. 

That said I still have a looooooong way to go to fulfill the spellcard requirement. Also have to do extra what I have not started yet. 

So, I am going to get a new laptop after my senior year is done, and I want to know how to get Touhou games. I know Touhou 15 is on Steam, as is one of the fighting games.

I dunno, I just got into Touhou over the weekend.

Planning on starting with 6.

I have not played 6, so I cannot say anything. 

From what I have seen from videos and discussions it is one of the harder ones to learn because it is more RNG-based than other parts. 

Good entry parts are 8 and 14 in terms of difficulty. 

Also I did not even know that LoLK was on Steam, but many thanks for that hint. It is my favorite part for weird reasons.

Edit: It will be out in April. 

Edited by Necrofantasia

I'll echo what was said about Imperishable Night and Double Dealing Character.  On easy, the patterns are very beginner friendly and it's not incredibly stingy with resources the way Ten Desires (the other notable "easy patterns" game) is.  

Mountain of Faith is another decent choice, I think?  Not quite as easy as IN and DDC easy, but a rather simple game as a whole.