[FE8] Fire Emblem: Dust to Dust

circleseverywhere

givin' this a rip right now

Edit- Just LP'd it with my homies. It was really fun. Gonna post the video here. It includes our thoughts (even though there wasn't a whole lot to go on)

very impressed with the music and animations. That's not something you see often!

Edited by Ghastly

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa is this what it's like to hit the big time

I forgot how unbalanced it was. Poor Blake.

Progress report: It's chugging along slowly. Got some spriting done, Prologue is done but needs tweaking, Chapter 1 has a basic setup, Chapter 2 is in the planning stage.

lol "big time"

plz, it was just Ghast who LP'd it. Ghast is just a lonely drunk. and he can't even be mad about that jab because he knows it's true *shot* (jk Ghast you're only sometimes lonely and sometimes drunk)

but in all seriousness, even though I think FE hacking is dumb now, this is amazing. Like, you actually have my support for this. it's an FE8 hack so I can't... literally support you by doing hacking or anything, but you've got me for anything else I can reasonably do. I'm secretly a huuuuge RWBY nerd and this crossover is just... so cool to me, I can't even words.

The plus is that you actually seem to be a pretty competent hacker (and spriter?) which is just what this needs to be enjoyable. The sprites are pretty much fine as they are, at least for now, and I have confidence in the other aspects of the game. FWIW, I can definitely advertise for you with videos (or otherwise, once you have more progress—I own both a YT account and Twitter with a fair amount of subscribers/followers) and if you ever feel like it, I have a lot of experience betatesting/giving feedback (I'm a former hacker and now an actual game dev), so I'd be happy to help out. Also, unlike Ghast, I actually understand what's going on with the characters.

I actually feel kinda bad I can't help with hacking/spriting/music (regardless of whether you need it), which I can't believe I'm saying because I quit doing those things a while ago thinking I'd never want to seriously do them again, lol. But dang if I won't type up a wall of text like this to try to cheer you on. And again, if I can do anything for you, let me know (preferably by PM but I'll try to go out of my way to visit this forum and check out the thread). not gonna lie, I don't want to come off as a petty begger fanboy but I really want to beta if you're allowing that. But if you don't need/want what little I can do, then at the very least I shall be stalking this and waiting for your success. (while watching volume 3 =P)

Best,

"Red"

EDIT: ok, something came over me and I got a little too excited. I'm calm now. that being said, this hack is still exciting and I will still be its fan. (and advertise if you want. tbh, I want to/would beta-test, but am too busy, so really can't afford to)

Edited by Crimson Red

Woah. A RWBY themed hack. Is this hack also a gun?

I have a few possibly spoilerish questions

Are you trying to have Weiss as the main character or all of Team RWBY? The reason I ask is because it somewhat seems like Weiss has a little more emphasis over the others.... which isn't a bad thing.

Will JNPR and SSSN be significant or playable in the game?

Also, are the classes for JNPR finalized or are they just placeholders? (I'm not expecting custom classes for everyone).

They all seem fine choices, but as much as I appreciate Nora Valkyrie being a Valkyrie... It does seem a little off that she has a horse.

Part 1 will focus on Weiss and Blake, because "prince/princess escapes invasion" is the classic Fire Emblem opening and lets me introduce the characters in a familiar way. Later arcs will switch focus to Ruby and Yang, but I want some more backstory from the show before I start writing it.

JNPR and SSSN are playable, though not central to the plot. Scarlet and Sage are the red and green cavs, Sun is your thief, Neptune is an archer.

Some characters will have horses, because it's still a Fire Emblem game and mounts are important. Sometimes I have to choose the best character for a class instead of the best class for a character. Having said that, nothing is locked in. Nora will probably have a custom "Valkyrie" class.

Oh okay. That makes a lot of sense. Well, I must say I am quite impressed on what I have seen so far, and I am absolutely loving the animations. Especially Yang's critical animation. Keep up the good work :D

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

• 3 weeks later...

is there a way that i can donate to the cause?!?!? I don't know I just really like Sacred Stones and Rwby '='

However, I'm not sure if there is a way to actually support. :o

Also for Nora I think that you should just give her the flying attribute while making her sprite grounded tbh. She can jump around using her semblance anyways, so I guess just make her a cross between a mountain bandit/berserker and a flying unit? She doesn't need to go across lava pits or water does she? I also would like to give Weiss the ability to walk on water or something because of her runes allowing her to across mass bodies of water.

• 1 month later...

Whoop, no update for a while. RWBY Volume 3 keeps dropping bombshells so the plot isn't going anywhere yet.

Having said that, there's some pretty cool stuff to show:

Main Menu update:

trJntLL.png

Chapter start:

lakhXU4.gif

Updated stat screen, now with bonus glowy icons for maximum accuracy:

GvutwaV.gif

Updated World Map (locations subject to change):

ykTQhR5.png

sWyFIVe.png

Custom battle frame:

e8ffc2db672385be7c205b38917e4e58aaa3e398

Semitransparent menus:

45174ae0a9b6b81c11f2b5cc2b0277a3e52dfbd8

qjkp0xz.png

As for actual hacking, the Select button now shows enemy ranges:

h3LgYkf.png

You can now easily tell if an enemy will move or not:

m7xHf99.pngKvBDgz7.png

So yeah. Once Volume 3 finishes airing, I'll get to work on some actual chapters.