[FE8] Fire Emblem: Dust to Dust

circleseverywhere

One of the game devs at Roosterteeth wanted to try my hack (!!!) but of course I couldn't very well let him play my crappy old demo.

So here it is again, with a fresh coat of paint!

GET IT NOW

tumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o1_250.pngtumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o2_250.pngtumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o3_250.png

tumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o4_250.pngtumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o5_250.png

tumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o6_250.pngtumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o7_250.png

tumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o8_250.pngtumblr_o3fp4bEtaF1v5wra8o9_250.png

Oh dang, awesome. I'm glad they're relatively open to this kind of thing, haha.

I feel like you're going to end up getting RT's game dev team to assist you in making this hack at some point XD

Haha, I don't know about THAT, but it's cool that they're repping it or whatever.

Hey! Just saw the tweet from Brian Reilly (@Skilltacular) one of the RT Games Producers. I've been an FE fan since I first played Sacred Stones many many moon ago, and a RWBY fan from the Red trailer. I made this account just to let you know how hype I am for this and that I'd be willing to help should you need any. You're doing fantastic work, keep it up!

Ooh, cool story (and I don't mean that sarcastically, haha). Going to have to check this Twitter out now...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The progress on this thing looks amazing! I was just wondering, seeing as how you're doing this all by yourself, if you would make some kind of bounty list of mugs and stuff that people could do for you? Just an idea, because some characters such as Penny would require a custom animation. Also, are you going to modernize the FE classes or do you plan to make the character designs more medieval? Some of them look a bit too modern to me, but that's just my opinion.

Edit: I just realized you can make Penny a Nino mage, whoops.

Edited by Floral Pattern

• 2 weeks later...

Only here to say this is really cool so far. Crit animations are 10/10, and I'm following this like...um...no good RWBY analogies but I'll follow this! A lot! Like daily refreshes! I absolutely adore it so far, I hope it gets finished and doesn't suffer like many a Pokemon ROM hack has. I haven't seen many FE rom hacks in the first place, so I don't know if that's a good or bad sign. Favorite animation so far is Weiss's crit, and Velvet seems to be working well. Can't wait to see what's in store!

EDIT: Quick question, will this be released in little blurbs, or just a demo and then all at once?

Edited by SereneRainier

• 1 month later...

wow....I actually read the whole forum...seeing your progress is really awe inspiring. Hope to see more than just a demo soon. Good luck man!!!

Posted · Hidden by ghast, July 8, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, July 8, 2016 - No reason given

Hey! I'm currently starting a Game of Thrones ROM hack! I'll be doing it on FE7 and it will have some choices in the game. And just like in Game of Thrones, anyone can die. For example, let's say that Jon Snow dies and so, as a result, the story goes on without him. If you lose all of your units then it might be a game over. The game would begin (according to the show) at the end of season 4 and finish at the end of season 8, which is the last season. I will do my own speculation, and there will be various endings to the game, depending who's alive, and who's sitting on the throne. I will be changing things from season 5 and 6, people will be able to do changes to the story in the game.

I'm totally new to this, and I've only played around with some programs with some okay results. At the moment I have a few sprites and a medley for Daenerys. What I had in mind was having a piece of music per character, or per house. Arya and Jon would both have the same song in the background for example. Throughout each chapter, there would be a change to a different character. At the moment I have planned of a few chapters :

----

1. The first chapter that I had in mind, would be chapter 1, or the prologue. In this chapter you would play as Arya. In this chapter you learn a little bit of the background of each character, before the actual battle begins. There would be an event showing off the map of Westeros and Bravos and talking a little bit about each character. After that, Arya's chapter would begin, that follows The Hound, Brienne of Tarth, Podrick and Arya. This chapter would be a simple chapter, where you learn about Arya's class, she is a water dancer. They are fast, precise and wear very light armor, this means very high skill, okay strength and ridiculously high speed, as well as low defense. What I had in mind was 60% skill, 80% speed, 25% defense and 50% strength, the others aren't that important for right now :v

2. Another chapter that I had in mind was with Margeary and Loras Tyrell, and Myce Tyrell as well I guess. I know this seems a bit far-fetched, but in the story that I'm doing Sam and Gilly go to King's Landing to get both of the Tyrells out of the Sept. This is because House Tarly are bannermen, and is sworn to House Tyrell. After a conversation that Gilly and Sam's family (her dad, really) Gilly tells Sam that he has to get the respect from his father so he can rule Horn Hill, and so that little Sam can live his life as a prince and be happy. Sam grabs heartbane, and Gilly a bow and they march up to King's Landing. (This is all a really short summary, really). So they reach there and meet up with two other characters that help them get to Margeary and Loras I won't spoil to you who they are ;) . So here comes the actual gameplay. chapter. You enter the Sept that's filled with monks and soldiers, the four of you have to get to the Tyrells, and equip them with your spare weapons you brought with yourselves. Margeary ends up wielding a small dagger and Loras a lance. This chapter is an escape chapter, you have to escape before the wildfire appears. This, for example, would be a chapter where it would be game over if you didn't escape on time.

3. This is a chapter with Bran, from North in the wall. The walkers are everywhere, and this is a defense chapter. It's Bran, that wargs into Hodor, your direwolf, Summer, Meera who's equiped with a bow, one of the children who would basically be a mage, and finally Benjen Stark who would reach you at around half the way more or less. You have to defend the Three Eyed Raven, who keeps telling you to run. There's a point where it turns completely insane with how many white walkers there are, and from the start you have the option to leave. I want it to be really hard, but possible to save the Three eyed Raven. So yeah that's another thing cx

4. This would be a chapter and a choice. You play as Jon Snow, and finally the wildlings have come to the wall. Here you make a choice. You choose to either side with the wildlings or with your brothers, and each choice has it's won consequences that you might bot be fully aware of. If you chose the wildlings, it'll be quite similar to the books and show. Although I haven't caught up with the books yet, I've heard that part is somewhat similar. But if you chose to side with your brothers, all wildlings die basically, even poor ol' Ygritte =(

5. Another chapter would be when Jamie and Bronn go to Dorn and "save" Myrcella. In this chapter you recruit a sand snake girl who is against the Dornish Queen and King, and feels that keeping Myrcella, and poisoning her is wrong. She tells you, and the Queen hears of this. So she basically calls in a group of sand snaked to kill her off, and Jaimie and Bronn are there as well and shit happens. I don't know if I should make Myrcella a playable character here. I feel like she wouldn't bring anything to the table. I would really like to make her a healer, but that would make no sense at all.

6. ANOTHER chapter, would be in the North, with Jon, Ser Devos, Lady Mormont maybe? cx Stannis (depending on the choice you make) or Tormund (depending on the choice you make). This would be a chapter where Melisandre is inside a fort and looking into the flames. She's an NPC in this chapter because she's using her powers from the Lord of Light to tell you where the white walkers are coming from. She's a healer, but in this chapter if you stand next to her she heals you cause she's a nice gal. This would be another defense chapter where you can't let Melisandre die =)

7. This chapter would be a stealth mission with Arya. She's now in Bravos and she was sent a mission alongside 'The Waif', who is the other faceless girl. They're sent to kill off an enemy, Tyrion Lannister. Yes, things get a bit weird here. I might change this, but this is what I got at the moment =) Basically, at this point of the game, Arya (as a unit) has good stats thanks to the growths of being an ex-water dancer, and now she's a faceless. These units have a special feature, they can kill of enemies and wear their faces, so they can walk around an enemy's attack range without being noticed for one turn. In this chapter, if you get noticed it's an instant game over. Also there's a bunch of chests and stuff. I might change the plot a little bit, but I got the main idea from the Faceless thing and stealth mission.

8. Daenerys v.s the Master. Sooo this appears in the show so you can expect what the show show's you, really. You have various units here, one of them, being Jorah. Jorah has a side quest to get the antidote. It's kind of a hard one, I haven't thought about it yet, but if you complete the side quest and get the antidote, then you get Jorah as a playable unit! So you have, Dario Naharis, Jorah Friendzoned, Daenerys who rides a dragon, Gray Worm, two Dothraki leaders, one of them is a man wields a lance and the other is a girl that wields two swords, and she's a water dancer. This is rout the enemy thing, because having the masters as bosses would be stupid, they have no experience in battle cx.

----

So yeah, this is basically all of the chapters that I've thought about. It might be a bit of an ambitious project because it's a lot of stuff that I have in mind, but I really want to make this happen. As I said in the beginning, I'm new to this but I'm learning quick. There's a few mistakes here and there with some of the programs, but hopefully I'll sort them out sooner or later.

For anyone that would be willing to help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading and have a nice day =)

Posted · Hidden by ghast, July 8, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, July 8, 2016 - No reason given

Okay, that's seriously incredibly rude and lame to advertise your own ROM hack on a thread that is completely unrelated to it. Even if I was interested in it, I'm not anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

You might want to work on a 1-2 range with Crescent Rose with Ruby using it as a sniper rifle at 2 range.

But yeah, this looks great!

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is. Circles has been doing other things primarily from what I can tell, but always with clear support for going back to this.

(And they continually talk about this and I'm pretty sure they're not bringing it up in self-shame at having to quit :V)

Hey! I made an account just so I could tell you how amazing this looks! The sprites, animations and especially the music is phenomenal!

My only gripe is this: why does it seem as though you are building your own story with RWBY characters being plugged in so it gains more traction/views?

I feel like the RWBY plot-line has an easily convertible series of episodes that could be made into chapters, with a bit of fine tuning in regards to conversations and the amounts of enemies fought/allies in the players party.

I actually typed up a few of them and eventually found my way here out of curiosity. Not sure if this site has PM'ING but I'd be more than happy to talk story if you are interested?

Regardless, it seems strange to have the RWBY tmdedicated mod, but have a Fan fiction AU as it's main plot

• 1 month later...

Qrow riding a Grimm Wyvern Dragon sounds wicked, but it's probably not the most canonical thing...

Also mug looks very good.

Good to see this getting more updates.

Oho, look at you! Seeing it's on the same side I'm guessing Movement and Con both have growth rates now?

Edit: Oops, didn't even notice there wasn't a Con stat. FE Awakening method?

Edited by Rhayader

Damn, there's me getting impressed and there's me getting my mind blown. This falls into the latter, keep it up :). I do have a quick question: is it possible to remove the red lipstick off of Winter's modified sprite? IMO, it doesn't really suit her.

Edited by Nintendoentersoft