Best Flier in Thracia 776?

Urushihara

Dean joins with great bases (including weapon level) and good growths.

Karin has strength issues. She needs the scrolls to fix it.

However she could max out her strength in my only FE5 run. Furthermore she's great against magic users.

Overall I'd say Karin wins simply because of availibility.

Karin's monopoly on flying for the entire first half of the game saves a bunch of turns and gives easy access to crucial items. I don't think Dean's vastly superior combat parameters are enough to match that, as great a unit as he is.

Early fliers are generally great and Karin is no exception. She helps make Chapters 6 and 7 less dumb and is the only source of flying utility until the only other relevant flier shows up like a third of the game later. Yeah her stats/skills aren't great compared to Dean but who cares, Dean isn't killing bosses anytime soon because of Asvel/Ced's boss killing monopoly and there are better combat units out there, although they don't fly.

Screw it, use both but Karin's better.

No love for Eda or Misha...?

I'd say it's Dean if only because Karin has a severe build problem which never went over 5 for me, which screws over her speed when using any stronger lance.

Well, Eda is not all that different from Karin at base, except by the time she joins, Karin had plenty of opportunity to make herself useful and to get stronger. She joins alongside Dean, who starts out far stronger then she is. And she will never catch up. Even if she could reach the same level, Dean still has the edge because he has a far better Con, a PCC of 3, A-Rank in Swords and the Dragon Lance.

Misha simply joins way too late, especially considering that most levels left are indoors. She can make a decent filler unit but she is unlikely to ever have any significant impact on anything.