• Other
    • Politics and International Relations
    • Languages
  2. 2. What level of study are you at?

• High/Secondary School
    • Undergraduate
    • Master's
    • PhD
    • Not currently studying (employed, unemployed etc.)

Out of curiosity, I was just wondering what people on SF study/studied at university. Or if you're in high school, what do you plan to study at uni?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I mean what you studied formally (I'm not too familiar with the US system but I think that means your major and minor).

Edited by KP 2010

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did double major in computer science an applied math in undergrad and now doing masters in compsci (I don't think I can handle doing a masters alongside computer science or I would also do grad in statistics; unfortunately i have very little free time as is)

if we don't count formal college stuff, I had private art lessons for years and worked as an artist for a while too.

I'm just a frosh at high school this year, so I don't really major anything, but what I want to study is theatre! Media, film, it all sounds so cool! Not really sure what I'll end up doing though... things could change.

I hope of becoming a (famous) singer, actor, or teacher when I grow up. That last one seems easier than the other two though...

are we talking like, exclusively major/minor, or also focuses that aren't part of a formal major/minor?

I meant your major/minor but it's also interesting hearing what people study in their spare time.

Woohoo for the economists here :)

major in CS (software focus), could probably pick up a math minor literally without taking any classes I wouldn't otherwise take

possibly doing an islamic studies pathway (out-of-major distribution focus), given the courses I'm taking :V

The official translations for Finnish degrees pertaining to business/economics are seemingly all over the place, but anyhow, concentration is in Finance and Accounting.

Edited by Topazd

english major

specifically, my area is language arts education

shoutout to me for currently being the sole representative in the poll

Edited by Specta

grad student here, technically working toward my master's but i'm comboing it straight to phd if all holds

in engineering with undergrad minors in mathematics and german language and cultural studies, making me the sole representative of languages on the board B)

i'm toying about taking graduate level german classes/research if i have lazy time while i gun for my phd, come out of this with a phd in engineering and a master's in german or something, that would own

EDIT: since i didn't specify, industrial and systems engineering represent w u t u p, my focus is in systems modeling

Edited by Integrity

english major

specifically, my area is language arts education

shoutout to me for currently being the sole representative in the poll

I'm the only theater major too! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ