• Other
    • Politics and International Relations
    • Languages
  2. 2. What level of study are you at?

• High/Secondary School
    • Undergraduate
    • Master's
    • PhD
    • Not currently studying (employed, unemployed etc.)

I'm the only theater major too! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

special buddies ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh also I don't have a minor in english, but I have all the courses I needed for a minor in english.

I'm about 90% sure I submitted my application for the minor, but it wasn't added to my transcript. And for whatever reason, my college refuses to retroactively add it now that the graduation process is complete.

Who cares though, it's a minor.

Fuck I'm still salty about it.

grad student here, technically working toward my master's but i'm comboing it straight to phd if all holds

in engineering with undergrad minors in mathematics and german language and cultural studies, making me the sole representative of languages on the board B)

i'm toying about taking graduate level german classes/research if i have lazy time while i gun for my phd, come out of this with a phd in engineering and a master's in german or something, that would own

EDIT: since i didn't specify, industrial and systems engineering represent w u t u p, my focus is in systems modeling

damn

so you're gonna be dr integrity in like 7-8 years huh?

goals

In secondary school for GCSEs I picked Triple Science, Drama, Spanish, and Computing.

All but the very former and latter are seriously stretching me because I'm not really sociable and suck at speaking, let alone in another language or in front of loads of people. I've managed, though, no regrets.

for some reason i thought you were just entering college this year lol.

good luck getting dat phd

also, op, i study fizicks

are you gonna go for your masters? i know you do physics but for some reason i thought you were on a phd track as well.

are you gonna go for your masters? i know you do physics but for some reason i thought you were on a phd track as well.

eventually, yeah! i'm a senior, but i'll be an undergrad for 5 years then i'm gonna go straight for a phd. i'll be out of school (hopefully before) by age 29...

ah, accelerated masters? my school has a similar one for my major, and i might do that too. mcat looks tempting and i feel like taking that at least once, but i'm still a sophomore so i ought to wait a little more to see what i like.

Mining and Mineral Resources Engineering, but I plan on doing history courses during an extra term and with extra space I have. I had an elective course last year that I filled with history and I absolutely loved it, so I'd like to get more of that out of my undergrad. <3 at MRE too though, of course. It is my degree after all.

Mining and Mineral Resources Engineering, but I plan on doing history courses during an extra term and with extra space I have. I had an elective course last year that I filled with history and I absolutely loved it, so I'd like to get more of that out of my undergrad. <3 at MRE too though, of course. It is my degree after all.

how's that looking after the oil crash btw

how's that looking after the oil crash btw

lol @ me going into oil. To be completely honest, I don't want to. Petroleum is one of our core courses, and while it's interesting (I <3 thermo and fluid mech) I have no intention on going into that long term. Looking at surface mining or mineral processing, or if I can make it work out staying at school to do research and teach.

lol @ me going into oil. To be completely honest, I don't want to. Petroleum is one of our core courses, and while it's interesting (I <3 thermo and fluid mech) I have no intention on going into that long term. Looking at surface mining or mineral processing, or if I can make it work out staying at school to do research and teach.

ah, i see. good to know!

i actually met this one guy while staying at a hostel in vancouver who was a petrol engineer from the maritimes, and worked in the oil fields. he says the workers hated his ass, not just because he was from a "taker" province in charge of these native sons of alberta, but also because he was a muslim. they kept badgering him and calling him a raghead and terrorist, and he got a bit of a severance from his old bosses so he wouldn't sue for discrimination

ah, i see. good to know!

i actually met this one guy while staying at a hostel in vancouver who was a petrol engineer from the maritimes, and worked in the oil fields. he says the workers hated his ass, not just because he was from a "taker" province in charge of these native sons of alberta, but also because he was a muslim. they kept badgering him and calling him a raghead and terrorist, and he got a bit of a severance from his old bosses so he wouldn't sue for discrimination

Well I'll definitely note that... being from the Maritimes. Still not interested in oil fields though, so. That's horrible though, but annoyingly not surprising. So many professional fields are just straight white men dominated, and they make it really hard for minority groups to get into them, because of just discomfort among other factors.

Working toward a BA in Music Composition. Focus is on tonal harmony and structure, particularly in orchestral settings, with a splash of jazz theory, electronic programming, tuba performance, and ethnomusicology. 'S a lonely major that receives blank stares occasionally.

On the side, I write literature and study the craft of storytelling. Not nearly as lonely.