Favorite Chrono Trigger Setup??

Naglfar94

Wow it has been awhile since I started a topic so umm yeah title says all what are your favorite chrono Trigger setups? what parties work best for your personal tastes? Mine are.

1.Chrono, Ayla, Marle: Perfect team for me Chrono and especially Ayla for the heavy attacks and Marle for additional damage with Ice 2 and powerful dual techs with Chrono And eespecially Ayla seriously those Ice dual techs with Ayla are devastating I use this steam up till Chrono dies.

2.Ayla, Magus, Marle: Ayla for her very powerful physical attacks, Magus for his magic and later the powerful Dark Matter and Marle for healing+powerful dual techs with Ayla. I use this team as my end game team and usually fight Lavos with this set up works out perfectly.

Crono/Ayla/Frog: All three are extreme powerhouses, Frog and Ayla's dual tech "Slurp Kiss" is probably the best healing tech in the game, and both have powerful dual tech attacks with Crono.

Ah I remember Slurp Kiss that is a strong all healing tech it is better than aura whirl. I should use this team more often for that tech.

Mine was Chrono/Ayla/Marle. I recall using this team against the Final Boss and dealing Final Kicks everytime. It was the best!

Ooh awesome my 1# setup! heh eh? Final Kick? hmm... ah that move now I remember yeah that move kicks butt big time and with Marle`s haste or some haste helms you can abuse it in rapid succession gold earing? the reduce MP to 1 item helps too. I rarely used Final Kick so I didn`t remember it well but now i do love that move.

Crono, Frog, and Magus all the way. Sure, you don't get triple techs, but all of them are so badass on their own it doesn't even matter. You could probably switch out Frog and Marle and it would be arguably better, but I don't care. Crono, Lucca, and Marle is also one that has served me well.

Crono/Marle/Anybody(usually Lucca)

Marle keeps Haste cast on everyone while the other two go ham with powerful magic and techs. Never bothered much with double/triple techs, as most of them seemed gimmicky and not worth it. I'll have to experiment with them more next playthrough, which may be sooner than planned thanks to this thread lol

Crono/Marle/Anybody(usually Lucca)

Marle keeps Haste cast on everyone while the other two go ham with powerful magic and techs. Never bothered much with double/triple techs, as most of them seemed gimmicky and not worth it. I'll have to experiment with them more next playthrough, which may be sooner than planned thanks to this thread lol

Oh you should try out more of the dual/triple techs when you play again they are really cool and do a lot of damage most times and even if you skip out of triple techs since they are harder to set up the dual ones will do fine. I myself don`t bother with triple techs much only used them twice ever while playing and both not during the main course of the game.

Crono Frog and Marle. I dunno if they are that great or whatever. Honestly the only character I particularly care about using is Frog.

EDIT-That mp saving item with luminaire kinda kicks butt iirc.

Ohh that is a decent set up I have used this team for a brief amaount of time during the Magus castle segment Marle and Frog work very well together and Chrono does too with that X attack. Yeah once you get that MP saving item you will be ripping through just about everything with Luminare works great with the strong one you get that makes it use only 1 MP very broken :p

Crono, Frog, and Magus all the way. Sure, you don't get triple techs, but all of them are so badass on their own it doesn't even matter. You could probably switch out Frog and Marle and it would be arguably better, but I don't care. Crono, Lucca, and Marle is also one that has served me well.

I have gotta try this combo out Chrono, Frog and Magus sounds good I am gonna need to test that team out. As for Chrono, Lucca and Marle I have only used that team during the beginning parts of the game before you get magic. I can imagine that once you start getting magic that team kicks butt big time especially when Lucca learns that Flare move.

I remember having done a Chrono/Marle/Magus setup to do the final boss. Not a very smart idea when I think about it.

I've tried that before and it wasn't bad. You have the two best magic users in the game and a great mixed attacker.

I've tried that before and it wasn't bad. You have the two best magic users in the game and a great mixed attacker.

Plus, there was the Double tech of Chrono/Marle, the healing whirlwind one that heal the whole group.

Eh, I'll have to try it out again when I decide to once again replay Chrono Trigger.

You know I had used another set up once and only once but this one must be an odd or uncommon one I used Robo, Lucca and Frog. They had some decent dual techs that I remember using they worked pretty well together.