What class(es) do you plan on making Kamui?

Rizziah

Kamui's class.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What class(es) do you plan on making Kamui?

• White Blood
    • Dark Blood
    • Trueblade
    • Paladin
    • Weapon Master
    • Great Knight
    • Great Merchant
    • General
    • Puppeteer
    • Berserker
    • Elite Ninja
    • Hero
    • Shura
    • Bow Knight
    • Blacksmith
    • Adventurer
    • Holy Lancer
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Basara
    • Revenant Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Sorceror
    • Mountain Priest/War Priestess
    • Dark Knight
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Strategist
    • Golden Kite Warrior
    • Maid/Butler
    • Holy Bowman
    • Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Witch
    • Ballistician
    • Gread Lord
    • Lodestar
    • Vangaurd
    • Grandmaster

I guess this is kind've similar to a "What's your favorite class?" type of question, but I'm sure some have other reasons as to why they would make Kamui a certain class, like gameplay reasons, what they feel fits into the story, and so on. Of course picking just based on your favorite class is fine, it's what I'm doing.

Top 5 for me: Butler, Ballistician, Holy Lancer, Puppeteer, Weapon Master

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

Mine are: Holy Lancer, White Blood, Dark Blood, Wyvern Lord and Sorcerer.

My first run is gonna be Holy Lancer. Nothing will stop me from that. I've waited so long to have playable lancer units again...

Edited by Mystical_Ice

I've done a ton of playthroughs so far.

All the classes i've tried:

1. First run was Hoshido, did standard White Blood

2. Second run was Nohr, did standard Dark blood. Both of these runs were as Femui

3. First IK run, did Male kamui, White Blood just to make a 'canon' playthrough and marry Aqua(I just need one of these or it doesn't feel right)

4. Next I did a Magic Kamui run, used Mag as the asset and only used the dragon stone and paired up with nyx. IK run.

5. Then i did a run where I immediately reclassed to Ninja as male Kamui and paired up with Setsuna when she was avaliable. Pure Ninja run was probably one of the most fun. IK run

6. Then I did some runs with DLC classes. Dread fighter male kamui was the next run in IK.

7. Now i'm alternating between a few different runs. One is a grandmaster run paired with hinoka.

8. Another is a Female Kamui run as an Adventurer.

All in all for those of you who haven't played yet, I really suggest replaying the game as different classes after your first few runs. Its reallly fun. And you can reclass right after chapter 6. You can even start new runs at chapter 6 so you do one chapter then can reclass.

So far, I've only done War Priestess on the Hoshido side because I always play support/healing classes and avoid any weapons when I can but since I was going to marry Takumi and with his supports, I thought it appropriate to pick that one. This playthrough though, I ended up so freaking useless that it would have been better if I didn't have to be in the last two chapters. I didn't cap myself (for lack of interest in using) and I could barely survive attacks (forget dodging), and couldn't beat anyone in a single turn. I mean I get that I probably shouldn't with this class but everyone else was so I just ended up being dead weight.

I WAS going to be a Maid on the Nohr side but I was stupid and forgot and picked the same secondary that I did for the Hoshido side so...I just stuck with Dark Blood.

I think i'll stick with white blood/trueblade, somehow i like'em the most lol

So far, I've only done War Priestess on the Hoshido side because I always play support/healing classes and avoid any weapons when I can but since I was going to marry Takumi and with his supports, I thought it appropriate to pick that one. This playthrough though, I ended up so freaking useless that it would have been better if I didn't have to be in the last two chapters. I didn't cap myself (for lack of interest in using) and I could barely survive attacks (forget dodging), and couldn't beat anyone in a single turn. I mean I get that I probably shouldn't with this class but everyone else was so I just ended up being dead weight.

I WAS going to be a Maid on the Nohr side but I was stupid and forgot and picked the same secondary that I did for the Hoshido side so...I just stuck with Dark Blood.

I feel like only Sakura and Elise are doing much as those support units somehow, or it's just me~

Welp, my first run will be in Hoshido with Kamui as a Butler. Carter kindly worked out a chart on how to use Marriage and Buddy Seals to create an army of Maids and Butlers :D Second run, may do all Ninjas in Hoshido. After which, may do Nohr with Butlers. Then....Adventurers? It seems Tricksters were better in Awakening do to being able to abuse Levin Swords 1-2 range..So unless I feel like farming a million Proximity Shot, that probably won't happen XD

Dork Blud, Basara and Brave Hero.

Why:

Dark Blood because I only need a Master Seal to reach it, plus it looks cool and can hold the Yatogami.

Basara because they seem huge badasses with all those extravagant tiger stripes, magic and lances. My only disappointment is that there is no proper long haircut for the male tall build, because I dream of a long haired badass basara.

Brave Hero because Heroes are probably my favorite class. I love the axes+swords combo.

I don't have many other reasons other than aesthethics... lol. I want to try everything out before judging it as crap.

White Blood/Dark Blood, Dark Knight, Trueblade, and Grandmaster. Possibly Exorcist as well for skills.

White Blood: Easily accessible as a promotion of your starting class, can teach the Hoshido skill. Basically ease of access.

Dark Blood: Swords (A-rank) + Magic (B-rank) appeals to me a lot. And you get to keep your Dragonstone.

Dark Knight: Dark Blood isn't available in the Hoshido route. This provides a Swords (B-rank) + Magic (A-rank) substitute. In both cases, keeping sword access is important so that I never lose the ability to use Yato. In both cases, Dark Blood/Dark Knight can exploit their magic and sword rank to use Levin Swords, although only on Nohr/Invisible Kingdom (or Hoshido if and only if you get a really high Ranking from MyCastle interactions).

Trueblade: Swordfaire may power both Yato and Levin Swords. Also, Astra.

Grandmaster; Dark Blood/Dark Knight are hybrid classes; this gives me good STR/MAG for exploiting Ignis. Also, nostalgia value.

Exorcist: Would give me Tomefaire for my tomes, but is a rougher transition as Yato is temporarily not available for actual combat.

Dark/White Blood: They both look really slick and I like Kamui's look in them. Might as well keep all the crazy animations as well.

Paladin: I like mounted units and paladins have always been a favorite of mine. Plus roleplaying purposes, I think it fits Kamui to emulate his role model big brother.

Trueblade: I wanna stick with swords. Plus roleplaying purposes again.

Hero: It looks cool enough plus heroes have always been an all-purpose class.

Bow Knights: I like mounted units and bow knights have always been a favorite of mine.

I plan on naming my Kamui "Temujin" in one run and only have bow knights and paladins.

In my current IK run, I'm going for an ending class of either Brave Hero or Revenant Knight, while in my other IK run, my end class will be War Priestess, because I love how it looks with the red hair options.

In my current Nohr run I'm going to have my end class as either Berserker or Wyvern Lord.

In my current Hoshido run my end class will be Trueblade.

However, my favourite classes are:

Revenant Knight, Mercenary/Brave Hero, Witch, Male Sorcerer cos I'm a perv, Spellcaster/Exorcist, War Priestess, Ninja/Elite Ninja and Fighter/Berserker.

For my first run through Nohr, I'm thinking of having my Kamui become a Blacksmith. As the Hoshido's Hero-esque class, that would've been interesting enough to me on it's own, but it's Smithy skill gives a lot of interesting possibilities. With a more luck focused Kamui, the chance of getting free Hoshido weapons without having to buy them definitely feels like it'd be fun, as well as a good possible way to get more money on the Nohr route.

A hopeful encounter with a castle who's Kamui has the Easy Life skill could also help with that quite a bit.

Dark/White Blood for the main campaigns.

Good, balanced class with an amazing aesthetic.

For other missions, like DLC maps, I will make the avatar an Elite Ninja for access to a 1-2 range throwing brave weapon in addition to wielding the Yato for those crazy bonuses.

Edited by Leif

I think i'll stick with white blood/trueblade, somehow i like'em the most lol

I feel like only Sakura and Elise are doing much as those support units somehow, or it's just me~

Lol they probably are. One thing when I play is that I don't like changing character's classes. I'll do it for the skills, but I'll always end on their promoted original class because I feel like a different class takes away from the character. It just means I didn't use them. Lol Edited by Hatsuoki

Dark Blood and White Blood will be my final classes in Nohr/IK and Hoshido.

I'll be going through Shura, Basara, Sorcerer, Paladin, Elite Ninja, Great Knight, General, Puppeteer, Witch, Dark Falcon, and Trueblade for skills, though. Maybe...MAYBE War Priestess and Dark Knight for some recovery (though just getting Aether would be better.

Humorously enough, my Avatar in Awakening was much more defensive with basically only Ignis as my offensive skill and relying on Aegis and Pavise, but now I want to get as many offensive skills as possible~ XD

My first playthrough Kamui is gonna be an Elite Ninja for most of it but that's almost entirely because I want to marry Zero and make him a puppeteer via massive mounts of favouritism. Also, ninja appeal to my twelve-year-old sense of aesthetics and can still use swords to boot.

My second playthrough will most likely focus on a +Mag Revenant Knight Kamui no matter how grossly suboptimal it is.