Online Team Building Advice

Vis_Mage

I just ordered a copy of FE:If (Hosido), and should be getting it within a few days. I was a big fan of online battles back with Shadow Dragon, and I'm hoping to jump right into preparing a competitive team.

Keeping in mind that I'll only have Hosido access, I'm very curious to hear what classes/characters/skills/weapons are recommended for online play.

As a side note, I'm thinking of making my Avatar a magic class. Is there any suggestions for what magic classes work well online?

Copycat puppet is a really good skill. Its in the puppeteer class and makes a clone of the character who uses it. However if the clone dies the character dies too so you have to be careful. They both share damage too.

On Hoshido side Ryouma and Takumi are amazing units. You can only have 4 units in addition to kamui IIRC(its been a while since I last played online). So Ryouma and Takumi and their special weapons act as a great offense with kamui.

Next you probably want a staff user. I suggest Felicia. As a maid She can go up to S rank in staves. And there are alot of staffs that can do things like Half enemy HP, stop an enemy from moving etc. AND she can debuff enemie's stats with her hidden weapons. She just needs the exploding shuriken and her Ice tray weapon and she hits hard too.

The last unit is pretty flexible. Aqua is a solid choice for giving you the ability to act twice. I see alot of people use Kanna though due to kanna's personal ability acting as a mini renewal and kanna can be strong. Fox spirits are also really strong as anti magic units. If you want more support Sakura is a good choice not only is her mag really good for help with staff range, she can also reclass to a Falcon warrior for flying utility.

As for choosing a magic class there aren't too many options. Sorcerer is probably the best as you can get S rank in tomes. However Exorcist can get staff access as well as tomes. Dark Knight and Revenant Knight are kind of eh. They both give you more weaknesses like bows and Shapeshifters. And Kamui is already weak to certain things on their own.

Edited by Aquaze

First of all, if you want a competitive team you need Invisible Kingdom for various reasons, such as higher stat caps and more options.

Copycat is useful in the main game, but for the most part it's a waste of a slot on anyone in PvP except support units (rallybots and rescuebots), where it's almost essential. Status effect staves get halved durability and accuracy in PvP, so they are rarely used. However, Vanished Disaster (rescue staff) dominates the meta because of the advantages it gives for mobility and zoning.

Magic units are off-meta, hardly anyone uses them because most people don't want to split their statue stat cap bonuses between STR and MAG, and you need to have heavily forged weapons to make them work, but if you're prepared to spend time grinding the Museum DLC they can do very well in PvP. Dark Falcons are great bruisers, and a Sorcerer pair-up tank can deal with almost anything in the meta.

Finally, the meta is about to change in a week's time when Witch becomes available, so ask back again...

First of all, if you want a competitive team you need Invisible Kingdom for various reasons, such as higher stat caps and more options.

Copycat is useful in the main game, but for the most part it's a waste of a slot on anyone in PvP except support units (rallybots and rescuebots), where it's almost essential. Status effect staves get halved durability and accuracy in PvP, so they are rarely used. However, Vanished Disaster (rescue staff) dominates the meta because of the advantages it gives for mobility and zoning.

Magic units are off-meta, hardly anyone uses them because most people don't want to split their statue stat cap bonuses between STR and MAG, and you need to have heavily forged weapons to make them work, but if you're prepared to spend time grinding the Museum DLC they can do very well in PvP. Dark Falcons are great bruisers, and a Sorcerer pair-up tank can deal with almost anything in the meta.

Finally, the meta is about to change in a week's time when Witch becomes available, so ask back again...

Yes, magic units won't be off meta when the witch is introduced.

The witch has crazy magic and speed as well as amazing class bonuses. Warp will be a fun skill to have on units.

The only tome that would be worth using would either be Snake God or Lightning though.

I can tell as much as Tooru tbh, ofc if you like parents you still can use them but this 1 additional point in str/mag/speed or whatever can even safe you sometimes, also if you don't care about certain units or thier weapons then you can just use childrens.

About classes,if you're about to use mainly one type of weapon per character then the best is to make team from classes with S on weapons like : Trueblade, holy bowman, elite ninja, maid etc, A rank works as well or if you're about to use more than 1 type of weapon at single unit.

If you don't want to grind much then look at growths and choose characters with good one or ok for you.
Well basically that's all, rest is in your hand, everything about prefference ; )