Choosing the Best Class for Hinata (Poll 11)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Hinata?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Hinata?

• Basara
    • Blacksmith
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Butler
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Mountain Priest
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Shura
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • Weapon Master
    • I don't really know.
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Hoshido): Which is the most practical class for Hinata in the Hoshido campaign?

• Basara
    • Blacksmith
    • Butler
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Mountain Priest
    • Puppeteer
    • Shura
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • Weapon Master
    • I'm going to bench Hinata.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Hinata?

• Basara
    • Blacksmith
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Butler
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Mountain Priest
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Shura
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • Weapon Master
    • He's fine in any class
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Hinata?

• Ballistician
    • Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Grandmaster
    • Lodestar
    • Vanguard
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes.
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next poll?

• Camilla
    • Kaze
    • Ryoma
    • Effie
    • Flannel
    • Pieri
    • Nyx
    • Hana
    • Odin
    • Zero
    • Nishiki
    • Rinkah
    • Tsukuyomi
    • I don't really care.

Hinata. A Hoshidan samurai; Takumi’s subordinate. Hails from a family of samurais who have served the capital for generations. He’s rude and easily gets into fights, but well-respected for his honest and frank personality. Strangely weak to women. Loves open fields.

[spoiler=Marriage/Buddy Seals]
Spoiler (Marriage/Buddy Seals)

A Marriage/Buddy seal allows a unit to reclass into one of the select class trees of his spouse (S support) or buddy (A+ support). A unit may only achieve an S support with units of the opposite gender (exc. Kamui, Syalla, Zero), and may only achieve an A+ support with units of the same gender.

(The credit for the following information goes to Gayserbeam, as I copied the wording of his explanation. Check out the Class Changing and Inheritance Thread for more information.

• If the users Primary Class is different than their Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, even if the user has that class as a Secondary Class already.
  • If the users Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddys Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class.
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class.
    • An unlearnable class is a class that may be unique to a character or their children. The following units have unlearnable classes: Nishiki (Fox Spirit), Flannel (Garou), Azura (Singer), Mozume (Villager).
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, and their Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddys Secondary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddys Substitute Class.
    • A Substitute Class is simply a select class a character with an unlearnable class passes down under certain circumstances. The following units have Substitute Classes: Nishiki (Herb Merchant), Flannel (Outlaw), Azura (Rod Knight), Mozume (Herb Merchant).

If youre still confused, let me use Hinata as an example to try and clarify matters!

• Hinata/Orochi: Hinata's Primary Class is Samurai, and Orochi's is Spellcaster. Therefore, Hinata would Marriage Seal into Spellcaster.
    • Hinata/Rinkah: Hinata's Primary Class is Samurai, and Rinkah's is Oni Savage. Therefore, Hinata would Marriage Seal into Oni Savage. As Hinatas Secondary Class is Oni Savage, she would not receive a new class tree from Rinkah.
  • Hinata/Hana: Hinata's Primary Class is Samurai, and Hana's is Samurai. Therefore, Hinata would Marriage Seal into Hana's Secondary Class-- Priest.
  • Hinata/Mozume: As Mozume's Primary Class is Villager, an unlearnable class, Hinata would Marriage Seal into her Secondary Class-- Bowman.
  • Hinata/Samurai!Avatar: Avatar's Primary Class is Nohr Princess, an unlearnable class. Hinata's Primary Class is Samurai, and Avatar's Secondary Class is Samurai. Therefore, Hinata would Marriage Seal into her Substitute Class-- Mercenary.

[spoiler=Possible Classes]

• Classes in red are ones Hinata can only achieve in either the Hoshido or the Invisible Kingdom campaign.
  • Classes in blue are ones Hinata can only achieve in the Invisible Kingdom campaign

Base Classes (8H, 4N, 12T)

• Bowman
  • Cavalier
  • Dark Mage
  • Lance Fighter
  • Mercenary
  • Ninja
  • Oni Savage
  • Pegasus Warrior
  • Priest
  • Rod Knight
  • Samurai
  • Spellcaster

Promoted Classes (13H, 8N, 21T)

• Basara
  • Blacksmith
  • Bow Knight
  • Brave Hero
  • Butler
  • Dark Knight
  • Exorcist
  • Falcon Warrior
  • Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Great Knight
  • Holy Bowman
  • Holy Lancer
  • Jonin
  • Mountain Priest
  • Paladin
  • Puppeteer
  • Shura
  • Sorcerer
  • Strategist
  • Trueblade
  • Weapon Master

[spoiler=Expansion of Possible Classes]
Primary Base Class:
Samurai
Primary Promoted Classes: Trueblade, Weapon Master
Secondary Base Class: Oni Savage
Secondary Promoted Classes: Blacksmith, Shura

Marriage Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the spouses. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Hana: Priest -> Exorcist, Mountain Priest
  • Hinoka: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Kagerou: Ninja -> Jonin, Puppeteer
  • Oboro: Lance Fighter -> Basara, Holy Lancer
  • Orochi: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist
  • Rinkah: n/a
  • Sakura: Priest -> Exorcist, Mountain Priest
  • Setsuna: Bowman -> Golden-Kite Warrior, Holy Bowman

• Luna: Mercenary -> Bow Knight, Brave Hero
  • Pieri: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin

• Azura: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Felicia: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist
  • Mozume: Bowman -> Golden-Kite Warrior, Holy Bowman

Buddy Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the buddies. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Nishiki: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist
  • Subaki: Pegasus Warrior -> Faclon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Takumi: Bowman -> Golden-Kite Warrior, Holy Bowman
  • Odin: Dark Mage -> Dark Knight, Sorcerer

[spoiler=Notice]

• In the previous optional poll, Odin was in 2nd place and Kaze was in 3rd. Therefore, Odin would get 3 votes and Kaze will get 1 vote.
  • Setsuna recieved no votes. So she will be out for two polls (return at poll 13)
  • Nishiki, Rinka and Tsukuyomi have been added back to the poll. if it is demonstrated again is that the forum is not interested in them, they will be out for 4 polls (would return poll 16)

[spoiler=Possible Skills]
Personal Skill: Desperate Struggle: When user is under half HP, half the damage received by Swords, Lances or Axes is also dealt to the enemy
Skills are organized alphabetically based on the classes. Within the classes, skills are listed in the order of achievement (e.g. a GK earns Luna at Lvl. 5 and Diamond Strike at Lvl. 15, so Luna is listed before Diamond Strike).

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Sakura can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Bowman: Skill +2, Prescient Victory
  • Cavalier: Open Assault, Rescue
  • Dark Mage: Bind, Devilish Wind
  • Lance Fighter: Defence Seal, Substitute
  • Mercenary: Stubbornness, Patient Assurance
  • Ninja: Locktouch, Snake Venom
  • Oni Savage: Resistance Seal, Shove
  • Pegasus Warrior: Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart
  • Priest: Miracle, Rally Luck
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Samurai: Flowing Strike, Vantage
  • Spellcaster: Magic +2, Fortune

Promoted Classes Skills

• Basara: Breaking Sky, Flamboyant
  • Blacksmith: Smithy Skill, Lancebreaker
  • Bow Knight: Rally Skill, Kunaibreaker
  • Brave Hero: Sol, Axebreaker
  • Butler: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Dark Knight: Magic Seal, Lifetaker
  • Exorcist: Rally Magic, Tomefaire
  • Falcon Warrior: Rally Speed, Mirror Strike
  • Golden-Kite Warrior: Soar, Sun God
  • Great Knight: Luna, Diamond Strike
  • Holy Bowman: Raven Strike, Bowfaire
  • Holy Lancer: Speed Seal, Lancefaire
  • Jonin: Lethality, Kunaifaire
  • Mountain Priest: Renewal, Magic Counter
  • Paladin: Defender, Aegis
  • Puppeteer: Puppet Break, Copycat Pupper
  • Shura: Ogre Strike, Counter
  • Sorcerer: Vengeance, Bowbreaker
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • Trueblade: Astra, Swordfaire
  • Weapon Master: Strength Seal, Line of Death

Flowing Strike: When user triggers the battle, Avoid +30
Vantage: At the start of battle, when the user has under half HP, they attack first
Astra: Skill x 0.5% chance of triggering 5 consecutive hits with half damage
Swordfaire: When user is equipped with a Sword, damage +5 during battle
Strength Seal: After battle, enemy’s Strength -6
Line of Death: During battles, damage +10, damage received +10

Resistance Seal: After battle, enemy’s Resistance -6
Shove: Select the “Shove” command to push an adjacent ally 1 tile
Smithy Skill: When user triggers the battle, Luck% chance of receiving a Katana, Naginata, Club, Yumi or Shuriken if the user defeats the enemy
Lancebreaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Lance
Ogre Strike: When user triggers the battle, Critical rate +20
Counter: When an adjacent enemy triggers the battle and inflicts damage, the enemy receives the same damage

For more info about stats and growths, please go to http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/

[spoiler=Summary]

Optimal
1. Blacksmith [29.27%]

2. Weapon Master [21.95%]

3. Trueblade [19.51%]

Practical (Hoshido)

1. Trueblade [29.27%]

2. Blacksmith [26.83%]

3. Weapon Master [19.51%]

Preffered

1. Weapon Master [34.15%]

2. Trueblade [26.83%]

3. Blacksmith [12.20%]

DLC

1. Vanguard [38.10%]

2. Dread Fighter [19.05%]

3. Ballistician [14.29%]

Optional Poll

1. Odin (4+3 votes) [9.76%]

2. Camilla (6 votes) [14.63%]

3.5 Zero (5 votes) [12.20%]

3.5 Rinkah (5 votes) [12.20%]

Whew, that was a close one. So, next poll we will be voting for Odin. Sorry, Camilla fans.

Edited by Jayvee94

Hinata actually has higher defensive growths than Rinkah who is often used as a tank on Hoshido.

Assuming optimization the best he can do class wise to take advantage of being defensive is to probably pair him with Female kamui with a secondary General class so he gets defensive formation to salvage his poor speed.and then keep him as a General. If you pick some skills like Aegis, Pavise, and Mirror strike he can also become durable on the res side as well.

In terms of being practical without using Kamui I'd say the best thing you could do is maybe try and find a Hinata with defensive formation in another person's castle and get the skill.

Forgoing My castle abuse the best way i see to salvage him is to marriage seal Pieri for access to paladin for Aegis and try to get any collection of abilities to reduce damage he takes to take advantage of his personal ability.

He naturally has access to the Oni line as well so maybe getting a skill set like

Aegis

Vantage

Astra

Ogre strike

and Swordfaire would be best.

I think leveling him as a weapon master might not be bad either. You gimp the speed growth but get higher str growth as well as Hp and def growth which synergizes with his own growths more.

This skillset gives him a chance to actually hurt as much as people who can double if he were to proc astra and Ogre strike and a killing edge gives him a high chance to crit.

Alternatively instead of Marrying Pieri you can pair him up with Oboro and gain flamboyant access. The extra hit for the enemy won't hurt him since hes not really going to be avoiding much anyways and this gives him a really decent chance of procing astra.

IMO, immediately Parallel Seal into Oni Savage, promote into Blacksmith at 10 or 20, and use him as a tank. He has good base SPD but his growth is so awful that it's never going to be salvaged, so don't bother trying. If you can get him Defensive Formation, awesome, but otherwise focus on survivability and dip into Shura lategame for Counter. His passive is a mini-Counter to begin with, so roll with that and use him to wall the hell out of physical units. If he can pick up some self-healing and some anti-magic measures, so much the better (Buddying Subaki for Eastern Heart and Mirror Strike, anyone?) Astra is good, but his SKL is quite poor, so he may not proc it as often as you'd like unless you indeed pick up Flamboyant. Blacksmith will help as well, though, since Blacksmith has equal SKL growth to Trueblade (+15%).

You can also go Shura for a little less HP but more DEF and access to Spells. Switching Axes for Swords isn't too much of a problem if you Parallel Seal him upon recruitment, which you should REALLY do if you plan on using him. Dread Fighter's anti-magic measures can be quite useful as well, and it wouldn't hurt to have Kunai on him: tank the enemy's hits, leave a debuff, let your other units take them out. Vanguard probably better suits his strengths as a permanent class, though.

I picked Trueblade, Weapon Master, Weapon Master, and Vanguard~

S-Ranked Sword usage is probably the most optimal, I'd assume, but otherwise, I think it's beneficial and practical to be able to use more than one weapon type, so I think I'll likely make him a Weapon Master~

I went for Vanguard for the DLC class mostly because I think the look suits him better than Lodestar but I think he'd do better in the class, regardless~ Aether's always a good skill and Strength Drain will make him stronger every time he kills someone, so it seems like the best option for him~

I'm not sure if I'll use Hinata or not~ He appeals to me more than Hisame in terms of design, so if he turns out to have an enjoyable personality, I may end up using him~

Blacksmith for optimal and practical for tanking, Weapon Master for preferred (pre-release he was always shown as a Weapon Master) and Odin for next week.

His base speed will help him get by for a while, but he can A+ Subaki for Swallow Strike if you can't get Defensive Formation. If you reclass him into an Oni Savage right away you'll have to use E-Rank axes/clubs, but when you promote him into a Blacksmith he'll already have his C-Rank in swords so you won't have to train him in that as well.

WHERE'S THE BLACKSMITH?

In all seriousness, I love the idea of Hinata being a Blacksmith. I voted for Blacksmith in almost all, for DLC Vanguard, and for next character... Foxboy. <3

Fun fact, base Hinata with Swordmaster promotion can ORKO pretty much everything on his join map and his bases carry him to lategame, where he'll inevitably get a few points of speed and good strength and defense and has Flowing Strike. That'll allow him to keep up.

He's one of the shining examples of how high enough bases can make up for meh growths even lategame, alongside Dagdar and FE7 Marcus.

For me, it's Trueblade. He's pretty underwhelming for a for a Trueblade (since trueblades are usually glass cannon characters), but I still need the speed growth on him to make up for his crappy speed growth.

But eventually, I would make him as Vanguard via DLC because the Vanguard class is basically a tank sword user in a similar vein how General are tank lance/axe user. Plus, Strength Drain helps on Hinata.