Katie

Have you played FE6  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Played Binding Blade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet, but I plan to

It was my first fire emblem game.

I got a japenese copy of the game in 2003ish, I couldn't (and still can't) read japenese.

It was insanely difficult.

It didn't know how to recruit people until perceival which was a fluk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only played it 0.9 times (never got all the Sacred Weapons / True Ending). Planning to play again sometime, maybe after I finish Revelation. It was kind of a big deal in setting the standard for most of FE to follow (especially GBA-FE), and while it had balancing issues, I loved the diversity of map aesthetics. Also, the large cast and branching paths promise replayability.

I was playing ht game last year, but the ROM I had keep freezing everytime I try and finish chapter 14 (The one where you can recruit Klein and Tate).

So I think I should try and find a more reliable ROM.

I had the same issue with my most recent FE6 ROM; mind you, this was years ago, I haven't played FE6 in some time.

What I love about FE6 is just the scale: yes, it's only 25 chapters (gaidens not included), but it is just an epic scale of a game with some of the later chapters. The story is pretty horrendous, unfortunately, and even with such a diverse cast a lot of them get overshadowed in favor of another "Roy does stuff and is still Roy" chapter. I actually dislike a majority of FE6's main characters, instead preferring the side-cast.

That said, though, I do enjoy playing through FE6. I still have yet to choose between Ilia and Sacae; I prefer Sue and Shin as units (I have done playthroughs with both and have been quite successful) but Chapter 20 makes me want to cry every time. However, I am not a fan of the Pegasus Knights in the game (Thany's abysmal strength, Tate's... everything, and loljuno) so I tend to go to Sacae more often.

I've played it, and beaten it once. Unfortunately, it's one of my less liked FEs (it's not to the level of outright enmity that I harbor for Shadow Dragon and the Jugdral saga, but my opinion of it is still pretty low).

I started playing it like a year ago...only for the ROM to freeze upon completing chapter 17 or something. So yeah, I just restarted it maybe two weeks ago and am currently on chapter 11a. I guess I'm not that mad, I have a better feel for the good and bad units this time around.

Roy best lord haha right guys haha?!?!?!

He sucks so much ass. I keep my entire team at the same level (the 7 or 8 units I actually use, that is) and will have to stop giving Roy EXP for now just so I can save his leveling for closer chapters to his late-ass promotion. Halfway to chapter 22, and he's already level 17. Cool.