Archer Emblem 8

Eclipsd

oosKUzk.png

Everyone says archers are bad. I would agree with them.

So, lets play FE8 with possibly the worst class in the game!

[spoiler=Rules]

1. Difficult mode because FE8 has the tower of grinding
  2. You get to decide which route I take (Please not Ephraim...) I'm doing Ephraim's route because the people have spoken.
  3. Only the twins (Eirika and Ephraim) and bow using classes may be used.
  4. Moulder, Natasha, Tethys, and Colm may be used.
  5. Any class that is not naturally bow locked (Warriors, Rangers, etc.) Can only use bows. The poll decided I get to not have this be a thing! I can only use archers.
  6. Savestates will be used.
  7. Tower and Arena abuse is a thing.

Now that that's sorted, let's start this thing!

[spoiler=Prologue]

FnBkReo.png

As said before, I'm playing Difficult mode.

0XwxkSn.png1kEsky6.png9NQ8env.pnggOUIxRv.png

Plot. Nothing's changed here.

5JSZasG.png75TmeER.png

Gimme that sword and get the hell out of dodge. Today is the day a little girl will face multiple grown men in fisticuffs and emerge victorious.

GwszDxp.png

As seen here (Yes that was a crit. On my first attack. Luck seems to be with this run.)

Now to get the boss off that forest of his.

LiBn4yZ.png8zp2wRd.png

TACTICS!

pZZjwBp.png

Prologue Bosses: Getting beaten by little girls since FE7.

FiJJrYq.png

Now that's how you don't get a 4-Stat Level Up, folks.

Prologue is as easy as ever. See you next time on LITTLE GIRL SOLO: THE RUN ARCHER EMBLEM!

Edited by Eclipsd

Upon looking at the character lists, I came across a bit of a predicament.

[spoiler=List of Playable Characters With My Ruleset]

1. Eirika
  2. Ephraim
  3. Neimi
  4. Garcia
  5. Ross
  6. Gerik
  7. Moulder
  8. Natasha
  9. Colm
  10. Innes

I've already decided I'm gonna tower grind up the ones that need to be promoted before they use bows. But what level should I grind them to? Will make a poll with options. Poll's up! Vote for how screwed you want me to be!

Edited by eclipsd

Wow. Good luck with that. You are going to need it. As I want to see you doing everything with da best weapon, do both routes and train everybody to level 20.

If it's possible to complete the game only with magic users, why not with archers? Oh, wait. It's because they are a pain to train.

Wow. Good luck with that. You are going to need it. As I want to see you doing everything with da best weapon, do both routes and train everybody to level 20.

If it's possible to complete the game only with magic users, why not with archers? Oh, wait. It's because they are a pain to train.

It seems like I'm not going to do both routes, the way the votes are going. Archers aren't that bad, honestly. Not having the ability to use a tank (ie gilliam) will definitely hurt early on though.

I would love to see someone beat the entire game with just the lords and the two base archers, and maybe a thief on the maps where you need one. Just saying. Anyways, good luck, cause you'll definitely need it, especially if the poll has it's way.

Thanks. It seems luck is on my side for now. All I need is a blessed Neimi and Eirika and Innes and Ephraim.

How about you don't have to grind the non-bow users till promotion (ie you can have them use axes/swords until promotion, but you can't use the tower/arena)?

I'll add that to the poll. It seems like a good idea. I'm just going to cry from not being able to arena abuse XD

NuuPCBJ.png

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

7lOXXdF.png

100% of the daily recommended amount of plot.

nSaeznR.png

This is the little girl we're talking about. She'll be fine.

xmFbRMU.png

Magnificent rng screwage. How much abuse did he need to get that crit?

SL5MPzt.png

Sitting on a house for extra avoid: FE tactics.

mEyFHfC.png

Hello sirs not-appearing-in-this-run! If only I could use the knight...

GD6KzNT.pngthWVyDk.png

And of course then a fighter decides to engage Seth in fisticuffs. It goes about as well as you expect. I take steps to ensure that doesn't happen again.

MGsG3uh.png

Strength! Instantly a good level.

GJvHP6j.pngQc8JPnT.png

I start having Eirika use Seth's steel sword to conserve Rapier uses. She stabs people harder now.

WIu7ikB.png

Even more strength! Would love some speed though. You know, what Eirika is supposed to get?

nX8O4DD.png

Franz gives Eirika his iron sword and runs away from the little girl. Even her allies are afraid of her.

vzie8lY.png

Reinforcements = More food for the little girl.

4grzXcc.png

Seth goes and hides in the corner with the rest of the bench crew.

KJZE33D.png

I may have been wrong when I said luck was on my side. I need more sacrifices to Anna!

dxRXPTp.png

You will do nicely. And you gave the little girl a level up!

O0SfTKC.png

I know I asked for more speed, but...

RU4Pz5v.pngSAOL4s4.png

Fort healing and changing settings.

6eOyfpk.png

Going the long way around to get to the forest.

PWxEbZC.png

Still got hit... Back to the fort! After killing this defenseless soldier of course.

a0IQ1Av.png

Risky odds. I decide to have Eirika wait.

F3muqw5.png

Nothing like a nice critical to kill the boss! And as for the level...

afcGJZk.png

Meh. I'll take it. Defense is always good when the little girl is the only one sieging the castle.

xvAGhbR.png

More like her companions watched in fear as the little girl completely demolished everything.

2bsms0q.png

They even gave me a tribute out of fear of the little girl!

CqQ0mWj.png

Don't forget to save kids. Safety first.

Updated poll with Tequila's suggestion. Going to wait until tomorrow to see how the votes turn out to play the next chapter. See you all next time on ARCHER EMBLEM!

Edited by Eclipsd

(I actually wanted to see everyone classchanged into an Archer :V)

A bow users run, huh... Taking the ZM route, are we? :P

So far, your Eirika isn't doing... bad. Then again, I suppose she's better than Neimi in every single way.

Good luck with this Archer-filled run! (Now, if only they were Marchers...)

Changing that poll to my whims is only a few mouse clicks away. . . :P:

I'd allow the non-bow classes to level normally, and then promote. . .but they must promote at 10 (or the lowest level possible), and can't gain any more experience once they hit promotion range. :P:

I'll add that to the poll. It seems like a good idea. I'm just going to cry from not being able to arena abuse XD

I...don't, really. It's not Archer Emblem if people are using scrub non-bows until promotion. I'm pretty sure, however, that there's an arena in both routes after recruiting all the potential candidates. Too bad Assassin's can't use bows here, like in Awakening, not only would it give you Joshua and Marisa (er...Joshua), but Colm would get the ability to use non-scrub bows.

Shhh. That's next run.

As soon as I get my nightmare skills up to task.

I shall eagerly await this.

I...don't, really. It's not Archer Emblem if people are using scrub non-bows until promotion. I'm pretty sure, however, that there's an arena in both routes after recruiting all the potential candidates. Too bad Assassin's can't use bows here, like in Awakening, not only would it give you Joshua and Marisa (er...Joshua), but Colm would get the ability to use non-scrub bows.

I shall eagerly await this.

Either way, the poll has spoken. I can only use innes, neimi, and the twins for damage dealing. Chapter 2 is already done, and there is a death.

Changing that poll to my whims is only a few mouse clicks away. . . :P:

I'd allow the non-bow classes to level normally, and then promote. . .but they must promote at 10 (or the lowest level possible), and can't gain any more experience once they hit promotion range. :P:

That's a good idea. But...

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN: I'M GOING THROUGH EPHRAIM'S ROUTE AND CAN ONLY USE ARCHERS ALONG WITH THE TWINS(and healers and colm)!

lhUv05j.png

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

hGDEcXE.png

He should've sent me some archers instead of this girl on a horse. The mustache man will do fine, though.

cKZADSU.pngDVLWOEh.png

Hello sirs-no-longer-appearing-in-this-run, you just lost everything you know and love. TO THE BENCH WITH YOU!

68aySrR.png

More plot. The little girl will save the day with some more bandit massacre though.

S0CwFRE.png

After we rescue his son, Garcia thanks us by stealing our delicious XP.

dzJt3kR.png

" I don't think the peasants could obtain such a magnificent mustache."

AsHalse.png

Mustache Man continues to collect tributes for his magnificent 'stache.

cOgG1Rt.pngVPMcRU9.png

Vanessa goes to pick up the other useless person from this chapter while the little girl makes friends :).

NoduptR.pngU1iPmjb.png

Garcia goes over to the archer for some reason and Vanessa goes to rescue him. She then goes to sit on a fort.

V72bCWw.png

On the other side of the mountain, the little girl is killing quite nicely.

IExqRrI.png

Seth sells a red gem and gets 2 iron swords for the little girl.

QfmQysW.png

Vanessa then gets one-shotted by a puny archer, which kills both flying horse and rider in one shot. Was thinking of going back and letting her live, but then I realized she has no more use to me after this chapter.

VC6PYV0.png

Garcia then makes her death completely useless as he kills the archer she was carrying him away from.

zTPqhpb.png

Meanwhile, Eirika continues to utterly decimate the bandits she meets.

zrhsXD0.png

The little girl gets a thoroughly disappointing level up after hearing that the only other girl in the group just died.

9a9zX4P.png

That, sir, is a little girl armed with a sharp metal stick. Allow her to demonstrate:

hlelYqh.pngPv4AxMN.png

Thank you, Eirika. Back to murdering things with your new-found skills!

4mnhU1o.png

This is one heck of a slump the little girl's getting in. I need her to get blessed if I have a chance or Ephraim will have to solo everything!

KfKJxET.png

Franz decides he wants to become an axe magnet when he grows up. He's starting strong!

kNX8NRf.pnger2KNcR.png

The little girl continues to poke things with a stick while Mustache Man uses the Axe Magnet as healing practice.

SQDaHDU.pngRlx0kFA.pngcFC3t2m.pngfVA1g5i.png

TACTICS! are used to prevent the little boy from being cleaved in half.

YwGaYh8.png68VdR9v.png

Moulder gets some last second healing done while Eirika finishes off the last bandit.

c5wh8pk.pngLQmJQec.png

"It's not like either of you are useful to me"

kFjdFie.png

"No, you can't. The voice in my head said I can't let you help me."

nr9QLls.png

Thank you Ross. Tell him not to doubt the little girl's decisions, especially when she hasn't wiped the blood off her.

7NHmYq2.pngrAE3WIs.pngPzbEBfW.png

Flashbacks and robbery! All the usual during a Fire Emblem game!

iVgJI8N.png

Never forget to save.

Next time we get out first bow user (and second to last)! Probably won't have that chapter done for a while because school. See you all next time on ARCHER EMBLEM!

And this is where I noticed you signed a death wish.

Ahem! That Eirika should be a bit more... buff? Maybe? I dunno. You should give her the first Energy Ring if she continues to act like this.

As always, keep raining arrows on your enemies, just like any average For Glory Link does! :V

And this is where I noticed you signed a death wish.

Ahem! That Eirika should be a bit more... buff? Maybe? I dunno. You should give her the first Energy Ring if she continues to act like this.

As always, keep raining arrows on your enemies, just like any average For Glory Link does! :V

I understood that reference

Yeah, going to give her a majority of them unless Neimi gets strength screwed.

BZuPJIO.png

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

lBjtNg0.png

Selling things for the huge supply of bows I'm going to need eventually.

yV8JnWH.png6HMrzxQ.png

Then we meet some plot and the little girl shows us how naive little children are, even when their poking bad people with sharp metal sticks.

JSRgOgJ.pngl813M75.png

We meet our first Archer! And the beginning of a ship...

65O4sPQ.png

I certainly hope not! You're gonna pretty much solo this chapter!

FgEu9xN.png

I guess the blood would be warm? Doesn't seem to be a very nice welcome.

IWxgwlF.pngyY1x4OA.png

Getting Colm and having all the people on the bench start practicing their sitting technique.

TPYv4fs.pngT9bH7Oz.png

Thief acquired!

vEfg5CD.png

Starting stats for out first archer please get strength a bunch of times.

ZI7LHju.png

Prepare to have this happen a bunch this chapter. She's going to pretty much kill everything, while the little girl facetanks.

FUpv5VZ.png

She gets a level out of it which has STRENGTH! Praise Anna!

Rlwc25d.png

Neimi's first level... doesn't have strength.

ino4kiE.pngino4kiE.png

Axe magnetism is always present, and Neimi then kills the bandit for some of the sweet, sweet EXP.

VnAlbaD.pngFYcvfYT.png

The stache man heals and Neimi goes back to shooting people.

6aVVOnK.png1tRfhe2.png

Neimi finishes off the bandit, which then invites the archer to attack! She then decides to destroy rng and crit after dodging an arrow! She even gets a level from this!

dkX7LTd.png

...Well, I guess that almost had to happen.

gHmKO2j.png

Her next level finally contains strength!

To5WQwT.pngliEKyxH.png

This is pretty much the whole level. Neimi just shoots everything.

zKjgZyT.png

Mustache heals and gets a meh level.

4hniKvf.png7glwLNp.png

Neimi once again makes me regret doing this and sets sail to a ship.

56ayAiD.png2m1PaX2.png3vLDnra.png

Little girls just don't like to dodge, now do they?

J3UdbQi.png

...Or hit people. for that matter.

EeVNV9a.png

...Or get strength.

uA9E8Sh.png6BLRaU1.png

The little girls start taking down the boss. Neimi decides now is when she won't miss a shot.

katxBYU.png

The boss then decides to sit on Eirika's stick, And dies from the ensuing stabbing.

RKbdpgO.pngBnDMHRc.png

The little girl sits in the comfy chair and ends the chapter. We then get some more plot to end the chapter.

uZELXEZ.png

Look both ways before you cross the road, kids.

Next episode we get to shoot at giant eyeballs and zombies! See you then on ARCHER EMBLEM!

Edited by Eclipsd