A wanderer joins the gathering.

Aramis

Greetings,

you may call me Aramis. Like most of the new recruits members i have been a lurker for quiet some time, measuring close to a year, since i discovered this website. I am also one of those dreaded newschool players that started out with Awakening, as the red-haired Robin from Smash Bros. was just such a delight to watch battling which convinced me to pick up a copy of her game of origin. Despite being heartbroken that i couldn't recreate her appearance in the game, the positives outweigh the negatives by far, as the chess-esque SRPG gameplay and the character interaction won me over. The latter feels a little like having a social equivalent to an ant farm, which is nice to watch over. But so far, i've spent most of my time in my new hobby reading about it at databases, and as a result of this i now know the plot of every single Fire Emblem game, most of the important characters and some bits and pieces about the mechanics without having played them. As you can imagine, that is pretty boring and to leap into the action and get started i decided to sign up here. I'm looking forward to play more Fire Emblem and getting to know you all better.

Sincerely,

Aramis

Welcome Artemis, you're certainly not welcome here.

The forest is a nice place, even though I still pretty much lurk around here. You should fit right in just fine.

Well Astram. I don't really have anything else to say other than just a generic greeting so get the fuck out and enjoy your stay here.

Welcome to the Forest, Aramis!

Hell, it must have take quite some time to actually get yourself up on everything about Fire Emblem without playing it.

But this is good thing. It's good to see the "new generation" of FE players being interested in the past opus of the series.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the forums, Aramis!

I certainly understand the desire to have red hair on your avatar character, incase that isn't incredibly obvious or anything.

Luckily the customization options in Fates are so much better.

Huh, didn't expect to make such a splash here. Thank you folks for the warm welcome.

Welcome Artemis, you're certainly not welcome here.

The forest is a nice place, even though I still pretty much lurk around here. You should fit right in just fine.

Well Astram. I don't really have anything else to say other than just a generic greeting so get the fuck out and enjoy your stay here.

Thank you. Finally found someone on the internet who is magnificiently proficient at getting my name wrong.

sup bro, welcome to the forest!

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forest!!! ^.^

どうもありがとう.

I so would've given my character bright red hair too, if I could

Welcome, Hola, Konnichiwa, etc. Welcome to the forest and enjoy your stay!

May the glorious red comets strike fear into the hearts who dare to defy us. ORAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Welcome to the forest, enjoy your stay.

I thank you as well.

Hello and welcome to Serenes Forest!

Thank you~

If you don't mind explaining, what is a "Tanaka Gundam" supposed to be?

Welcome to the party!

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Cheers. Don't you consider it strange that no one linked me to Guns N' Roses yet?

Welcome to the Forest! Lurking is perfectly acceptable, but never mention Awakening again.

If that makes you comfortable, just imaginarily replace Awakening with Gaiden to make the hipster bomb drop full stop blow up in the faces of the haters. Wicked.

Welcome to the forest, hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you~

Welcome to the Forest, Aramis!

Hell, it must have take quite some time to actually get yourself up on everything about Fire Emblem without playing it.

But this is good thing. It's good to see the "new generation" of FE players being interested in the past opus of the series.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Thank you. I've known characters like Marth and Ike from earlier Smash Bros. installments and especially Nintendo franchises seem to have a vast history that's always nice to explore. To be honest, i only read most of it because i didn't had a clue where to start, with many games being Japan-only. If you could point me in a certain direction, a PM would be highly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums, Aramis!

I certainly understand the desire to have red hair on your avatar character, incase that isn't incredibly obvious or anything.

Luckily the customization options in Fates are so much better.

It's not just the avatar character. I guess i have a penchant for redheads, but it's always less embarassing when meeting someone with similar tastes.

Fates does truly have wonderful reds to choose from, but what i miss is the third body model, whose absence is well explained given the context.

Welcome to the forest, and enjoy your stay. Don't worry, I too started with Awakening. I hope you didn't completely spoil the plot of every game for yourself.

Whoops, i did exactly that. Fortunately the expierience of playing is completely different from the theoretical knowledge. Reading up on Awakening i was initially pretty underwhelmed the noble saves the world from a dragon and/or dark warlock (now with 20% more wincest) formula. Playing the game itself and having more content to immerse into the setting than a stoic summary was truly relieving in comparision.

Welcome! Don't feel ashamed for starting with Awakening, it's a lovely game! Hope you have a good time here!

"lovely"? Are you perhaps from Something Awful?

Also, CORDELIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Edited by Aramis

Thank you~

If you don't mind explaining, what is a "Tanaka Gundam" supposed to be?

He's a character from Danganronpa 2. Tanaka Gundam is the japanese way to read his name that is from last name to first name. Gundam is one of the best DR 2 characters in my opinion.

He's a character from Danganronpa 2. Tanaka Gundam is the japanese way to read his name that is from last name to first name. Gundam is one of the best DR 2 characters in my opinion.

So that is why he lacks the vents, vulcans, head cameras, V-crest and the beam sabers. Your user title however, now makes a lot more sense to me. Although i probably don't even want to know what a Super High School Breeding Club is supposed to be.

Allow me to fix that!

Much better. Much appreciated.

Whatever you say Ares!

That's Aristotle for you!

Edited by Aramis

Huh, didn't expect to make such a splash here. Thank you folks for the warm welcome.

The smallest of Magikarp can make the biggest of Splashes.

Although i probably don't even want to know what a Super High School Breeding Club is supposed to be.

Ha! That's rich.