Is an arena-less AAAA rank run possible?

ruadath

Is it possible to get all of the levels you need without using the arena? Has anyone done this before?

I see that you tagged FE 4, which I take that you refer to Genealogy of the Holy War mainly. If you do I can tell you that from my own experience it will be very hard to do so because FE 4 is in my opinion one if not the hardest game in the entire FE games. When I played the game I've tried to do a ranked run but in the end I gave up as I found out that it was quite hard to do so and I had to abuse the arena to continue. But there are people out there who made it and you can start by looking here.

2 and 3 are the only chapters where foot units have access to reasonable amounts of exp outside of the arena. I don't know if it's actually possible to make it happen but if it is, it has to be so obnoxious that it's totally not worth even trying tbh.

Reinforcement abuse?

I imagine that "reinforcement abuse" would mean waiting a few turns on chapters that have enemy reinforcements coming every turn, in order to kill them and gain more experience than you would have done if you had completed the chapter earlier.

In fe4 specifically, it refers to an abuse of the fact that many enemy squad leaders will go back to their home castle and obtain a squad identical to their original one if their original squad is defeated. This can be abused for infinite exp (and money with the steal ability) by simply making sure to never kill the squad leader or seize the castle. It takes a ton of time though. That being said, the requirement for A turns is actually pretty lose, so you might be able to get some in. The requirement for A EXP is really tight though (you have to pass around the elite ring in both gens even with the arena.)

Edited by sirmola