FE4 FG version

Sagi

Hii!

Do you remember me? If you do, you already now that I´m working in a FE4 hack, and finally it´s completed!

This hack is some kind of Lunatic version of the original hack, so It´s going to be hard. It also rebalances classes, characters, skills and pairings.

Here´s the Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgq3qcx8bep6hlq/Fire Emblem 4FG version.smc.ips?dl=0

Use the patch on a japanese/english translated rom

The following spoiler contains all the mayor changes in the game:

PLEASE PLAY THE HACK WITH BATTLE ANIMATIONS ON OR THE GAME WILL CRASH

THE GAME IS NOT PREPARED TO SET THE REPLACEMENT UNITS FROM GENERATION 2 (Radney, Roddlevan, etc) SO PLEASE DO ALL THE PAIRINGS

IMPROVED ENEMIES

Enemies growths have been DUPLICATED, the stats are going to be MUCH higher than the original game, even some enemies have more than the assumed maximum of 80 HP.

Weaker clases like the Wyvern Rider have been replaced by Wyvern Knights.

SILENCE SWORD

Enemy-only weapon:

- May inflict Silence on the Target.

- +5 DEF/RES +10 MAG.

- Great power and accuracy.

- Gives the Charm skill.

PURSUIT

The most wanted skill of the game. Now it is only a Soldier skill and only foot units have it.

This means that characters like Beowulf or Sigurd no longer have Pursuit , but in exchange characters like Dew and Lewyn now have pursuit. This is also applied to the enemy units.
While mounted units have good movement and canto, foot units have better combat, they exchange flexibility in order to be more powerful.

What about units like Azel and Arthur? They keep pursuit after promotion? No, they no longer promote into mounted units.

The only mounted units with Pursuit are Master Knight and Seliph.

WEAPONS WEIGHT:

- More power = More weight. For example, the Iron Sword has 3 Wt, the Steel Sword has 5 Wt and the Silver Sword has 7 Wt.

- Axes Wt has been greatly reduced.

- Now all magic types share the same weight
C magic (Fire, Wind, Thunder, Lightning): 5 wgt
B magic (Elfire, Elwind, Elthunder, Resire): 7 wgt
A magic (Volcannon, Tornado, Thoron, Aura): 9 wgt
Holy Weaponry (Folsety, Mjönlir, Valflamme): Can vary.

HOLY WEAPONS NERFED

Now they give HALF bonuses (for example, Forseti gives +10 Spd instead of +20). Also, now they've 40 uses so they're more expensive.

The Resistance bonus of the Tyrfing and the Mystletainn have not been nerfed. Yewfelle has not been nerfed.

HOWEVER, enemies' Holy weapons are NOT nerfed.

NEW EFFECTIVENESS

- Fire magic now is effective against mounted units.

- Thunder magic now is effective against amored units.

- Wind magic now is effective against flying units.

- Slayer Sword is effective against mounted and armored units (like the rapier).

This also applies to the magic swords.

SELLABLE HOLY WEAPONS

Self explanatory. HolynXAyra got buffed.

Now Forseti is an A rank magic, so characters with minor Forsety like Teeny, Nanna and Lana will be able to use Forseti (if Lewyn is the father of course).

SIBLING BONUSES

I replaced the second generation sibling bonuses with characters of the first generation. Here´s the list:

Noish-Alec
Sigurd-Quan
Azel-Lex
Young Finn-Quan
Leif-Adult Finn
Aless-Delmud
Oifaye-Seliph

GENERAL CHANGES

- Magic swords give +5 Magic to the user (like Thracia's Fire Sword).

- The character's growths have been improved. Physical units now have 10% magic growth, and thanks to the improved magic growths for Tailto, Sylvia and Ferry; Arthur, Corple and Ced don't suffer of having low magic anymore if you pair the respective mothers with aphysical unit (so that you can focus on the skill inheritance).

- Unpromoted foot units now have 6 movement, 7 after promotion.

- Quan starts at level 15 with improved base stats and promotes into Master Knight.

- Arthur promotes into a Sage. Now Mages are able to use C light magic.

- Azel starts as a Mage and promotes into Dark Prince.

- Diadora promotes into a Sage. Worth it to train.

- Tailto starts as a mage.

- Teeny can now use Tailto's Thoron.

- Lewyn promotes into a Mage Fighter.

- Ardan starts as a General and promotes into a Baron. He has Aether as a CHARACTER skill, so if you pair him with someone, his children will inherit Aether.

- Hannibal starts as a Baron.

- Mage Knight and Mage Fighter now can use Staves (C rank).

- Alec and Delmud now begin as Free Knights and promote into Mage Knights. Now Alec is a good father for magic users like Ced and Corple while Delmud can use Valkyrie/Volcannon/Forseti if you pair Raquesis with the correct character.

- Corple starts as a Bishop. Same with Claud.

- Ulster promotes into a Mage Fighter. With the correct father he can use Valkyrie/Volcannon/Forseti. He can activate Astra with magic tomes thanks to the Sword skill patch. Forseti+Astra.

- Priests have now A rank in Staves.

- Female Paladins have now B rank in Fire, Wind and Thunder magic.

- Jamka starts as a Warrior and a pre-promoted unit.

- Julia, Johan and Johalva now have Elite as a Character Skill.

- Sigurd starts with 3 leadership stars.

- Resire is now a B rank magic.

- High Priests have now B rank in Light Magic.

- Claud now has minor Narga. If paired with Tailto, Arthur can use and inherit Resire (Aura after promotion). If paired with either Sylvia or Ferry allows Corple/Ced to use Aura at base level.

- Sylvia has less base love points with Lewyn.

- There are new skills for each character.

- Axe Knight, Arch Knight, Lance Knight and their respective promotions can now use swords (C → B).

- Forrest Knight and Forrest can now use Axes (B rank).

- Free Knights' and Mage Knights' sword rank got improved (A rank).

- Female Snipers can now use swords (A rank).

- Patty starts now as a Female Sniper and inherits Yewfelle (along with all Briggid items).

- Sword skills can be passed down freely. This allows to Delmud, Lester, Faval, Nanna, Arthur, Teeny, Ced, Phee and Corple to inherit Sol/Luna/Aether from Dew/Holyn/Ardan.

- Thief Fighters can now use staves (B rank). Also, it also has the Acrobatics passive Skill (ignores movement penalties).

- Faval now starts as a Thief Fighter (inherits father items).

- Dew has Elite as a class skill (thief only). Now he has A rank in swords.

- Sigurd/Seliph have Aether as a Class Skill.

- Yotsmungand can now be used by Sages and MageFighters and you can get 1 tome.

- Dragon Masters now have Darkness as a Class Skill (randomly increases damage by 20 or decreases enemy´s attack by 20).

- The Prayer Bracelet and the Prayer Sword have been modified. The first one now gives Charm instead of Prayer and the second one it is like the King Sword of Thracia 776 (Consecutive attacks + Charm).
Barrier sword -> Valkyrie Sword (Olwen´s Holy Sword)
Defence sword -> Elite sword

- The Speed Ring now gives the Ambush skill, the Power Ring now gives the Duel skill and the Shield Ring now gives the Great Shield. The Life Ring and the Return ring are no longer aviable.

- Life Ring has been substituted by the Hero Ring. Gives Ambush, Duel, Charm and Great Shield to the user and it only can be found in chapter 10 doing the secret scene between Seliph and his parents.

- Nihil is now an useful skill since bosses now have dangerous skills that can supose a great issue (like, Ishtar having critical skill).

I hope you enjoy this hack! If you have any suggestion or opinion (or if you find a bug) about the hack, post it here, I will gladly read your post!

Used Patches

- Sword skill patch

- skill icon patch

- Thracia 776 music patch

Special thanks to:

- Xator Nova: Tester and expert opinions on difficulty.

- Noish4ever, Melvyn, Yayo, Mendez and John Georgiou: Amazing testers.

- Lamia: The binary stuff was very useful

- Shin: For the Hex stuff

- You: For playing the hack

Things that I want to include in the hack:

- Seige tomes for the player (Bolting, Meteo, Blizzard and Fenrir)... But the game glitches and gives 50 uses to the tomes... and I only want 5 uses. Already included thanks to Lamia.

- Sword skills passed down freely: It seems to be hardcoded Thanks to MatonMx, Lamia and Shin

- Make Holy Weaponry usable by minor blood characters

Edited by Sagi

Things that I want to include in the hack:

- Seige tomes for the player (Bolting, Meteo, Blizzard and Fenrir)... But the game glitches and gives 50 uses to the tomes... and I only want 5 uses

- Sword skills passed down freely: It seems to be hardcoded

- Make Holy Weaponry usable by minor blood characters

the game isn't glitched in that it gives 50 uses, you just have to make sure the item is set in the player weapon pool

at the start of each game the pool is generated in its entirety; weapons that you don't see will retain their uses even before or after you already got it (this is mainly due to the generational system)

so if you change say, an iron sword (50 uses) into a meteo tome (5) without starting a new game, that tome is going to have 50, and the inverse applies as well if you change rings (255 uses by default) into weapons

the passed-down sword skills fix was posted by shin in the FE4 stuff topic: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39603&page=3#entry3948021

unsure how to do the holy weapon minor blood thing, but I have a similar system for my own project using the extra weapon rank patch

also, it's nice to see another FE4 project! may play it sometime

Edited by Lamia

"EDIT: At 7A975, there's inheritance addresses for each child, with three bytes in. They go in character order, so they'll be like XX YY ZZ, if YY's 07, the character can't inherit sword skills, if it's FF, they can."

wbp5z8.png

I don´t now which are the addresses for each child, and if I replace the 07 with FF it crashes and magically replaces Ulster and Larcei with Radney and Roddlevan (And yes, Ayra is married). Do you know how can I fix this? I´m doing this correctly?

Hello, I was playing through the hack a bit, and I've noticed a couple of minor things at the start.

• You say Warriors, Falco Knights, and Dragon Masters have the Darkness skill, but apparently Troubadours (and Fem!Paladins?) too? Ethlyn has it as a Soldier skill.
  • Finn attacked a Brigand while next to Quan and he activated a Sibling Critical. Are they related now for whatever reason, or is it weirdness with Finn's new Critical skill

Good hack so far. It's weird having Arden being my best combat unit.

Hello, I was playing through the hack a bit, and I've noticed a couple of minor things at the start.

• You say Warriors, Falco Knights, and Dragon Masters have the Darkness skill, but apparently Troubadours (and Fem!Paladins?) too? Ethlyn has it as a Soldier skill.
  • Finn attacked a Brigand while next to Quan and he activated a Sibling Critical. Are they related now for whatever reason, or is it weirdness with Finn's new Critical skill

Good hack so far. It's weird having Arden being my best combat unit.

Troubadours having Darkness is an error, I´ve just fixed that

And yep, some characters in the 1rst generation have sibling bonuses with other characters. I edited my first post, check it again if you want to know more about those sibling bonuses.

Thanks for playing the hack!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing the hack, though only up to about halfway through the prologue. Could you possibly give a list of all the characters growth rates, just for a reference?

Sure, why not? c:

Growths (without Holy blood bonuses) (yeah, I´m very lazy):

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-11-21%202

Edited by Sagi

you really should put that in a spoiler, for both the annoying scrolling and the spoilers

Oh, sorry. I just edited my post

Could you reupload the patch, please? The dropbox link is broken.

That´s weird. Anyways, I edited the link, it should work.

Thanks for playing! nwn

Sagi, if you can somehow fix the problem of getting the bargain ring from that village in chapter 2, I would be fantastic (My suggest is that you use the same idea of binary FE4)

Edited by ronlyn

Sagi, if you can somehow fix the problem of getting the bargain ring from that village in chapter 3, I would be fantastic (My suggest is that you use the same idea of binary FE4)

What? You get the Bargain ring in chapter 2, not chapter 3

If you´re refering about the problem of getting the ring (because you have to be fast and conquer Heirhein ASAP so Lewyn can kill all the bandit before they destroy the villages), I don´t know, I think it is a good idea because it encourages the player to play fast...

I don´t know what binary FE4 did either :/

Thanks! Also is it possible to share the patch itself in case people want to use this hack with other translation patches?

Of course, use the patch as you wish.

But remember that it is a modified rom (and I used some patches) so I don´t if it will work if you apply another translation patch (or you try to modify the text).

What? You get the Bargain ring in chapter 2, not chapter 3

If you´re refering about the problem of getting the ring (because you have to be fast and conquer Heirhein ASAP so Lewyn can kill all the bandit before they destroy the villages), I don´t know, I think it is a good idea because it encourages the player to play fast...

I don´t know what binary FE4 did either :/

In binary FE4, all foot units (except armors and healers) can walk across cliffs, of course they have HUGE movement costs so they can only move one tile per turn.

Edited by ronlyn

In binary FE4, all foot units (except armors and healers) can walk across cliffs, of course they have HUGE movement costs so they can only move one tile per turn.

Interesting! I think I could do the same in my hack. Thanks for the suggestion n.n

• 1 month later...

Hi thanks for making this hack, Sagi! I've been playing it for a few days and have enjoyed it a lot. One issue that I've encountered though is that great shield doesn't seem to be inherited by Ayra's children (oddly enough Celice seemed to inherit it though).

Edit: Another issue I've just encountered is that Celice doesn't receive the Hero Ring from the Ch. 10 conversation, but instead gets a duplicate Storm tome.

Edited by JCL

Yeah, I fixed that problem recently (I mixed up the Live Bracelet slots), so now Tailto should start with the Bolting tome and Seliph should get the Hero ring in chapter 10.

About Seliph with Big shield skill: I have no idea xD

I found that Diadora had Big shield as a Personal skill, that would explain why Seliph has it (skill inheritance), but even if a remove Big shield from Diadora, Seliph still with that skill. I guess It is not an major problem and it can save you if Seliph is about to die.

Maybe Big shield cannot be inherited, tho I set it as a Personal Skill (weird). At least you got Ambush, good growths and weapon inheritance c:

Thanks for playing~ nwn

This may be a silly question, but I'm busy atm and won't be able to get around patching/playing this for a bit.

Is the hack compatible with the English translation patch? Or maybe it's like Binary which has data written over the English translation codes so it's not compabile? I haven't seen screenies of it so I can't tell.

• 4 months later...

I had register only to post this. I'ven a huge fan of fe since its first pal release and fe 4 is my fav game. I enjoyed this hack a lot because the  difficulty is great but i found a weird glitch in it. For some reason sometimes you or your enemies attack first for no reason while being attacked. Its like the ambush skill is bugged and you attack first even with almost all your hp. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/24/2018 at 11:21 AM, Zenon mc said:

I had register only to post this. I'ven a huge fan of fe since its first pal release and fe 4 is my fav game. I enjoyed this hack a lot because the  difficulty is great but i found a weird glitch in it. For some reason sometimes you or your enemies attack first for no reason while being attacked. Its like the ambush skill is bugged and you attack first even with almost all your hp. 

Then it works as intended.

EDIT: Speaking of this, @Sagi I'm checking with nightmare and just noticed that Adult Fin has far better growth than his young counterpart. Did you intent that on purpose so you can choose between training him early and waste his levels or use him later for a better unit overall?

Besides, I also found that Ulster is still a sword fighter that promotes to a forrest.

Edited by ronlyn

On 7/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, Zenon mc said:

@Zenon mc Don't worry, that's actually intentional! Vantage works with full HP and unlike in Thracia 776, it can still combo with Wrath.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:38 PM, ronlyn said:

Then it works as intended.

EDIT: Speaking of this, @Sagi I'm checking with nightmare and just noticed that Adult Fin has far better growth than his young counterpart. Did you intent that on purpose so you can choose between training him early and waste his levels or use him later for a better unit overall?

Besides, I also found that Ulster is still a sword fighter that promotes to a forrest.

I probably did that so Finn could catch up with the other 2nd gen units that have higher growths.

About the Ulster problem, I'm working on a new version with branched promotions! This will make the hackrom more interesting as well as helping on making practically all pairings useful some way or other. I'll edit the original post after I'm finished so you can try it as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

11 hours ago, Sagi said:

@Zenon mc Don't worry, that's actually intentional! Vantage works with full HP and unlike in Thracia 776, it can still combo with Wrath.

I probably did that so Finn could catch up with the other 2nd gen units that have higher growths.

About the Ulster problem, I'm working on a new version with branched promotions! This will make the hackrom more interesting as well as helping on making practically all pairings useful some way or other. I'll edit the original post after I'm finished so you can try it as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

That's cool. Speaking of classes, would you consider reverting Patty and Faval to their original classes/inheritances? Getting Ichieval as soon as CH7 sounds good on paper but in reality I found more useful having a thief to ensure everyone has access to the paragon ring since enemies are more dangerous. Besides, Thief fighters have a lot of things to do and tossing staffs into the mix doesn't help anyone really.

Edited by ronlyn

9 hours ago, ronlyn said:

That's cool. Speaking of classes, would you consider reverting Patty and Faval to their original classes/inheritances? Getting Ichieval as soon as CH7 sounds good on paper but in reality I found more useful having a thief to ensure everyone has access to the paragon ring since enemies are more dangerous. Besides, Thief fighters have a lot of things to do and tossing staffs into the mix doesn't help anyone really.

Yes, the new version will have them reversed to their original state.

With the new branched promotions, I'm planning 2 Thief promotions for Patty: the original Thief Fighter and a custom magic based Thief that can take advantage from having a magic father like Azelle or Lewyn.