Better Mugs for FE:Requiem (Check OP for current edits)

Sacred Blaze

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Th05q43.png< THis one is like... SO good looking. Great job! =)

Alright then, I guess it doesn't really matter which one I go for then. Might just go with the original one.

And for the record, I'm not the one making these, if you were addressing me with that. It is a great job though.

66e6fdfac1.png

Awesome. Looks way more clean than what I had going on before, that's for sure.

I'll end up going with the middle one, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly sure what the state of this topic is, but...

I've got a bit of free time this week, so I was wondering if there's anything that people feel might be particularly helpful to for me to provide that may help with re-designing the last set of portraits?

I don't have any ideas at the moment, but it feels kind of off for me to just be sitting here at this point waiting to see what people end up giving me.

yzCwbFL.png

Here's Manfred. I wasn't sure if he actually needed frames (I seem to recall him saying only "........"), but I made them anyway.

Edited by Alusq

He doesn't talk, but he does make noises, so that's good.

I had wanted to give his portrait a little something extra, but I honestly can't imagine what would really set him apart. I guess he fits the Berserker class role just fine as it is, anyways.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Totally worth it though. Only issue I see is how the left (his right) shoulder is shaded. Everything else is more or less amazing.

Too bad Sacred Blaze is racist against spikes

Edited by General Ciraxis

This took WAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

2fe2d6dba06bf06567bb84d0ae33fea0.png

Whoa...

You're too good to me, Yoshi.

I can imagine that this took a long time, but I'm glad for it.

Totally worth it though. Only issue I see is how the left (his right) shoulder is shaded. Everything else is more or less amazing.

Too bad Sacred Blaze is racist against spikes

Spikes hurt me when I was a child and I'll never forgive them.

I didn't have any problem with either of them before, but alright.

The two new ones aren't looking any worse imo, though, so I'll go with the ones you're more happy with.

EDIT:

Anyway, I've been back and forth on this one, hence why he's still in the purple, but I've decided now that I'm just not quite feeling the redesign of this guy yet, even though it's not bad:

RffPaYX.png

(Sorry to Yasako on that one, if you see this.)

I think he could do to look a bit less neat in the hair department, sort of similar to the original version.

Of course, if you wanted to have your own crack at him from scratch then go ahead.

[spoiler=About him]

For reference, this guy is the final boss of the game and dark magic user. (Surprise, surprise)

He's a pretty standard crazy, evil guy, as one would expect, although not to the same extent as - say, Legato. (the guy next to him on the sheet in the white armour.)

The covered eyes is a detail that I would prefer to be kept.

Pretty much everything else is up to you if you want to make other changes but he is using Lyon's battle animation and stuff.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Great, this one sits better with me. More reminiscent of Lyon, once again, but I think that the much better attention to detail everywhere else draws away from that now.

I just recently did a run through my hack to test the new portraits and features coming in my next patch, so I've really grown to appreciate these new portraits so far.

XDxrj3T.png

And because it just led to some weirdness, I've just updated Val's other look to have her new face for now. I'll just put it up as a placeholder for now, I guess. Not much needs to change about this anyway imo, because it has a very limited showing. (Think Eliwood and Hector's alternate outfits)

For the future anyway, the point of her other look is to look more like her mother, (the woman on the right) hence the similar clothing.

Edited by Sacred Blaze