Better Mugs for FE:Requiem (Check OP for current edits)

Sacred Blaze

Cool. Feel like the shoulders need to be slightly narrowed though on the outfit.

That's most likely just because I lazily copied the body base over from her mother's outfit. I might try do something about that.

4d731e19313eb3d081a9c326782b1bc7.png

Nice.

I'm glad you for what you did to the one on the left to make all the features on her look a lot more real.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to play around with the MC's mum 'cause I'm a sucker for redheads :3

A lot of the changes were random fixes to her shading, but I played around with her hair and face a bit too ~o3o~

ffocVWp.png

Edited by Kon

Yeah I see what you two are saying. That's my fault though, it was like that in the original.

I should probably shift her head a bit more to the left or something, right? And maybe extend the right side of the collar out a bit more too, I guess.

Not sure how I'll go about fixing up the shoulders though. She might end up needing some new ones.

Oh, well I did try and give it a go myself.

I hadn't gotten around to re-correcting all the shading and everything, but maybe it will be of some use.

It's the one on the left, with the one you did before on the right.

Z9V0UrZ.png

EDIT: Anyway, I'll be away for the weekend, so I apologise in advance if my responses become really slow or disappear altogether.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

I hope whoever redid Valentine has nothing against people editing his work, 'cause I made this:

2cda16t.jpg

The shirt looked too plain to me, especially for a lord character, so I added back parts of the original design.

Other than that I tweaked the inside of the higher shoulderpad and the eyes, made the neck more slim, smoothed the armor and made the golden parts "golder"

For the future, I'd probably say not to go editing the portraits that I've already cleared.

As for the portrait itself, I guess that the detail on the shirt is interesting. I didn't really have a problem with how it was before though.

On the other changes, I don't know. They look pretty minor, so I have no idea whether they're better or not.

I tried to do some reshading on Alyssa's face and neck, cause it was looking pretty bad.

6j60VZW.png

All good so far?

If so, I might try and see whether I can make the hair look a bit better next, but that might prove difficult.

Also, it's really weird seeing how little I apparently seemed to have paid attention to the shading from the people I spliced the face from. :|

EDIT:

Also tried doing the same things to Zara. At the very least, it's looking better than before, I think.

rGr9VL3.png

Edited by Sacred Blaze

• 3 weeks later...

The face and everything up top is looking decent. You also fixed the issue of her odd head shape, which is great.

But on everything else, it seems like the collar of the clothing is really large and also really open in the back.

The armour also looks to be at a different angle to the clothing.

I also think the armour itself isn't quite there yet, although I don't really know how to advise on that.

Looking better, definitely.

Don't know if this is good advice, but wouldn't it be better to make the chestplate's lining pull back underneath the shoulders?

That way you won't have to fill in the areas where the chestplate and shoulders meet up with blackness.

62NKZpw.png

Anyway, I've done some stuff to the face for now.

(Middle one) Filled out the nose a bit more and changed up the shading on the far eye. Seemed a bit weird to have the lightest skin colour around it there.

(Right one) Not sure whether this was better or not but I just pulled the far eye and nose a bit more over to the left.

ZykxS9h.png2CYUGov.gifI1qt1Ul.png

Dare to Compare.

Spent time working on this. I took some liberties with her ponytail and tried to edit the armor. I hope it looks okay. I want to keep doing touch ups yet. So... once I see some feedback I'll make adjustments or scrap it.

Edited by DH_Ninja

I like the idea you did with the armor but the chestplate isn't level anymore so that needs fixed. otherwise, they're good additions to it, and the shoulderblades

head feels kinda... big?

and the hair's more interesting but it's kinda lacking definition

on the whole good additions tho'?
i might try to poke at it tomorrow if you're done by the time i start streaming.