Better Mugs for FE:Requiem (Check OP for current edits)

Sacred Blaze

I'm just talking aesthetically; the robes on the recent one are a lot cleaner and less of a splice. The facial features are also cleaner, mostly the nose, but the eyes are just a tad better. I think that if you changed the robes more on the original and kept the patterns it could be better, but currently i feel the recent one is just overall a more quality sprite.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say use the one with my face and the new robe, though the neck is weird on that one.

Totally not biased though.

6202c7ab0644c02e039e00d4cab29b68.png

Have another face~

*Runs away*

Edited by Yoshi

I'd say use the one with my face and the new robe, though the neck is weird on that one.

Totally not biased though.

6202c7ab0644c02e039e00d4cab29b68.png

Have another face~

*Runs away*

Nice. Looks like a bit more of a hardened fighter than he did before, that's for sure.

You really are good with faces, btw, I agree.

And now for more stuff:

ZgoI86h.png

• Might end up changing the colours of Ash's robe sometime later so that he looks a bit less "priest-class type" but I think that I am gonna go with this variant of him for now.
  • Legato face edit on Alusq's version from earlier. I also personally just removed the symbol on his armour for now, although I wonder if anyone feels like they can come up with something to put there so that it doesn't look so plain.
  • Edward looking the King of Thieves.
  • Thelma's got some better armour stuff going on and some more colour variance.

Thoughts?

Edited by Sacred Blaze

I want to use Edward now

Didn't use him last two playthroughs, but that new mug is so hot

Also wanna use Andrei again, since his new face is sexy as well

I plan to revamp Legato's armor. Maybe dial the "villainy" up a few dozen notches.

If there's a particular armor design you're fond of PM it to me, or I can just do whatever if you'd prefer.

Legato is in good hands, so I tried my hand at Jace. I strayed a little farther than I'd like from the original eyes, but I think the personality is intact.

IAy0Sym.png

I didn't touch the hair because I don't have time at the moment, but if you like where I'm going with it I'll pick up tomorrow.

Edited by Alusq

Thank you for the compliments!

259e7fcfc07358054ef9565837dd0f8f.png

Spun off of Smirks edit

I think that maybe his face seems a little bit cramped? Might just be me trying to compare it too much to the one original face though, I don't know.

Seems fine otherwise with the extra detail in the hair and headband.

I plan to revamp Legato's armor. Maybe dial the "villainy" up a few dozen notches.

If there's a particular armor design you're fond of PM it to me, or I can just do whatever if you'd prefer.

I don't really have any ideas myself, so yeah, just do whatever if you're giving it a go.

It doesn't need to be anything too out there though.

Legato is in good hands, so I tried my hand at Jace. I strayed a little farther than I'd like from the original eyes, but I think the personality is intact.

IAy0Sym.png

I didn't touch the hair because I don't have time at the moment, but if you like where I'm going with it I'll pick up tomorrow.

Yeah, this is fine. His eyes weren't good before, imo, so this is much better. I'll be interested to see what more you can do.

5361_shel.png

I might need to make his shoulders broader and his cloak looks a little silly, but I'm lazy. '3'

Also I think he's still a tad too small, anyone mind checking if he looks dumb in-game?

@Ash discussion: He could stand not to look 14 years old.

Edited by Yasako

IAy0Sym.png

He looks adorable!

Here's Legato. Aside from the armor I made the eyes about 36% more villainous.

QmpSnNz.png

If anyone wants to clean up the chest a bit or make other changes they're welcome to do so.

Edited by General Ciraxis

5361_shel.png

I might need to make his shoulders broader and his cloak looks a little silly, but I'm lazy. '3'

Also I think he's still a tad too small, anyone mind checking if he looks dumb in-game?

@Ash discussion: He could stand not to look 14 years old.

Yeah, I'd say he is looking a bit on the small side, both in terms width and height. He's technically the same height as the original one, but here he's standing up straight as opposed to a little hunched over.

Here's Legato. Aside from the armor I made the eyes about 36% more villainous.

QmpSnNz.png

If anyone wants to clean up the chest a bit or make other changes they're welcome to do so.

This is great. I'm not too keen on the armour spikes though, personally. The ones on the right (his left) look kinda strange to me. I think he'd be fine without them, maybe.

i think shel could use a bigger frame and possibly a villanous smile or something. i'm also not feeling the spikes on legato, but i do love what you did with the eyes. i also think he could use a smug villanous smile as well since he's so cocky in game. i also like the assymetry on his armor before with the symbol on his right shoulder pad. maybe keep the spike on that shoulder pad, or a design on that shoulder pad and not th other? the chest plate is great in my opinion though.

IfSbb0M.png

Hope you don't mind edits, Yasako. His jaw felt a bit weird to me.

Yeah, I think this jawline is better.

I think what was said earlier about the more villainous smile still needs to be addressed though. He just seems kind of "normal-happy" here, imo.

Other than that, it's looking good to me.

And hey he's got 11 Con in-game, so maybe he does do some heavy lifting here and there.

Spikes on the right have been removed, and smugness is up about 68%

6n9abql.png

Yeah, this looks better to me.

Am I gonna need custom mouth frames now though, or would this work with his original, if you know?