Better Mugs for FE:Requiem (Check OP for current edits)

Sacred Blaze

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kAA58.png -> vyw96v.pngkAA2z.png

For analyis' sake. I think right now, with Nickt's design, you'll draw parallels/associations with one of the more unique looking villains, on top of shifting the personality look to an anime-level Camus stereotype. It is really neat but the trim, faceplate, and hair ignore the original character personality and game's current designs a bit much imo. That sweet pauldron is the only thing I'd keep.

Just off the top of my head on the topic about the eyes at least, it might just lead to some oddness in dialogue.

b4Ao8iW.pngxDsinaK.png

That second one is "You did not look like you particularly had eyes for battle either."

I think Lenh makes a good point too, but I don't really have a problem with the armour, honestly. The fur-lining is a bit odd to me, but it can still work fine within the context of the character.

kAA58.png -> vyw96v.pngkAA2z.png

For analyis' sake. I think right now, with Nickt's design, you'll draw parallels/associations with one of the more unique looking villains, on top of shifting the personality look to an anime-level Camus stereotype. It is really neat but the trim, faceplate, and hair ignore the original character personality and game's current designs a bit much imo. That sweet pauldron is the only thing I'd keep.

I agree, that's why I'm only doing minor edits to the originals.

916f58604e47585d78394b3a91a0e7b6.png

Mine - Lenh - Original

Touched up some things.

Edited by Yoshi

I agree, that's why I'm only doing minor edits to the originals.

916f58604e47585d78394b3a91a0e7b6.png

Mine - Lenh - Original

Touched up some things.

Nice. Just a rule though, before anyone goes doing anything to the other one now but just incase it wasn't obvious, this girl and the one next to her are identical twins. (although I gave them different mouth frames and hair, just because otherwise it's boring.)

I do like this though, so Yoshi, if it's not too much trouble do you think that you can do the face for the other one too?

I don't exactly know who this character is but if you don't mind me posting.......

FE%20REQUIEM%20MUG_zpsoryniifx.png

Hmm, well I honestly don't think Kane's hair is the part that needs work in this particular instance. (I like the curliness)

But anyway, the shading in the back is looking a little off, I'd say. Maybe a little bit on the thin side as well.

In his case, and the green-haired guy that was next to him on the original sheet too, they probably both just need new armour so that it's not so obvious which cavalier I took the design from.

Nice. Just a rule though, before anyone goes doing anything to the other one now but just incase it wasn't obvious, this girl and the one next to her are identical twins. (although I gave them different mouth frames and hair, just because otherwise it's boring.)

I do like this though, so Yoshi, if it's not too much trouble do you think that you can do the face for the other one too?

Hmm, well I honestly don't think Kane's hair is the part that needs work in this particular instance. (I like the curliness)

But anyway, the shading in the back is looking a little off, I'd say. Maybe a little bit on the thin side as well.

In his case, and the green-haired guy that was next to him on the original sheet too, they probably both just need new armour so that it's not so obvious which cavalier I took the design from.

alright, then. I'll try my best.

Edited by Nathan Novelli

apologies for the double post.

FE%20REQUIEM%20MUG_zpscwd1oquq.png

though I only did a few minor changes to the armor as I couldn't find any other way get around the overall design (as, I do think Sain's armor looks pretty good).

But this is pretty much the "best" I can do.

and about the other Cavalier you mentioned.........

Untitled_zpshpgaoldw.png

Edited by Nate Lucero

oIqfxM0.png

A wild Mew appears to tweak this guy real quick (I picked him because he reminded me of Zoro /SWEATS/), didn't really change anything, just smoothed out parts and made the hair a little less anime-ish. Apologies if I changed something you would have rather kept.

Also totally digging the relatively light-but-super-useful mug editing going on here

apologies for the double post.

FE%20REQUIEM%20MUG_zpscwd1oquq.png

though I only did a few minor changes to the armor as I couldn't find any other way get around the overall design (as, I do think Sain's armor looks pretty good).

But this is pretty much the "best" I can do.

and about the other Cavalier you mentioned.........

Untitled_zpshpgaoldw.png

The armour on the first guy ain't too bad, honestly, although once again, I'm not really a fan of armour spikes myself. (Dunno why, but that's just me.)

I do wonder whether extending the body of the sprite will look out of place though. Might have to try it out. But it seems like it's going for an FEXNA look at the moment.

As for the other guy, I think that his body and head are looking unaligned. That and his neck seems like it's gotten really long.

GdXMjNc.png

added some character and details

The extra detail is looking good on the both of them.

I'm curious though, what is the black patch on his armour supposed to be?

oIqfxM0.png

A wild Mew appears to tweak this guy real quick (I picked him because he reminded me of Zoro /SWEATS/), didn't really change anything, just smoothed out parts and made the hair a little less anime-ish. Apologies if I changed something you would have rather kept.

Also totally digging the relatively light-but-super-useful mug editing going on here

Zoro...

This Zoro?

Anyway, no, there's nothing specific about this character that couldn't be changed, honestly.

The edit itself is looking good. Glad that the FE6 shading has been dealt with on the cloak. Now the question remains whether to go for this edit or the one from earlier. Or maybe a mix of the two.

Oh woops, I didn't know someone already edited it. I scrolled through real quick to check that it hadn't been done already but I guess I missed it. I see it now OTL (Also yeah that Zoro)

Only reason why I extended the portrait is vecause im not very good with framing normal sized portraits. Though you can readjust it if you want. And as for green guy, it's probably Harken's collar thingy. I'll adjust it. As for the spikes on Kane, not a problem. They're easily disposable.

post-5215-0-94810300-1444243955.png

post-5215-0-80143700-1444247072.png

Edited by Nate Lucero

h9H3NzA.png

Didn't really edit the green guy's armor much. Bringing Yoshi's nice face edit back though. The purple guy's head was way too short which is why so much body could fit in the hack box.

h9H3NzA.png

Didn't really edit the green guy's armor much. Bringing Yoshi's nice face edit back though. The purple guy's head was way too short which is why so much body could fit in the hack box.

Whatever the case is, Kane (purple dude) looks much better now. ^_^

And whoops, I didn't know Yoshi touched up on the green haired Cav already.

Also, I'd always thought this before, and now it looks even more the case, but Jace looks a lot like a standard JRPG protagonist.

"Character who thinks he's the protagonist, but isn't the protagonist" is a hilarious archetype~

... After Nickt's Keiran, I think maybe it would be beneficial if you put the names and personalities of the characters in addition to their portraits? As cool as the armor is, maybe the hilarious clash with the character's personality (which struck me as the opposite of flashy) could have been averted.

voxvzk.png

And now green dude went to NICKT's university of motherfucking hair or whatever you call that thing.

Jokes aside, those are some nice touches. The portrait doesn't seem to look like a mere splice anymore like its original counterpart,

Edited by Nate Lucero

To be absolutely fucking honest, Nickt, your hair is a disaster. It's an utter mess of spikes that lack depth and flow, and your shading is all over the place. Also going to have to say that Yoshi's face edits were perfectly adequate, and the addition of viewer-facing eyes and a sunken cheek aren't very appealing at all.

To be absolutely fucking honest, Nickt, your hair is a disaster. It's an utter mess of spikes that lack depth and flow, and your shading is all over the place. Also going to have to say that Yoshi's face edits were perfectly adequate, and the addition of viewer-facing eyes and a sunken cheek aren't very appealing at all.

The swear just makes you sound like a cunt, so I'm just going to ignore you.

Edited by NICKT™

You are entitled to your opinion.

I, personally, like Nickt's style. It's pretty unique and adds a bit more of a fantasy feel to the character.

it's better than my shitty, not-so-unique style

I dunno about the hair, it really doesn't look remotely natural. Makes the guy look more like a palm tree than anything. Could go either way on the eyes, but the added cheekbone doesn't look quite right to me.

The hair's more just my thing, and really only that. Anyone who's seen a real life photo of me knows why, though it's probably before the time of about 90% of the current community.

Cheek thing is just because I hate second tone cheek and I'm always compelled to shade it in a little more, can't be fucked getting over it.

Eyes, yeah, making looking at the player wasn't a good move but I don't really pay attention 'cause I get shitty at the whole anime-nature of them, so blegh.

Eyebrows however, which no one mentioned, I feel are better without using the outline.

No one's mentioning the edits to the armour either.

It's like people enjoy nitpicking, or something...

Glad I've learned to just drown a lot of the people on this forum.

Edited by NICKT™