What are some loose ends/mysteries FE has left up to interpretation?

darkkfan

What loose ends are there in the plots of Fire Emblem games? What characters have particularly mysterious circumstances that aren't explained but implied and with some degree of ambiguity?

Not a plot hole or something like "Ike goes off to god knows where after FE10" but things with actual substance like "who is Roy's mother." Feel free to discuss the actual answers to these questions, I just figured it'd be a cool idea to bring up some of the loose ends that people might not have noticed during their first few playthroughs?

Personally, I'd love to learn more about Joshua from FE8. It seems like he has an interesting story and unlike most secret princes of FE it's possible to play through the game without realizing his identity. Same thing with Sophia and Xane secretly being dragons (although admittedly there isn't much more material to build off of with these two).

Inspired by this topic: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56844#entry3965026

Edited by darkkfan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the Black Knight doing in between the Mad King's War and the events of Radiant Dawn?

Since he survived the fall of the castle, why didn't he help Ashnard before Ike got to him?

Why did he flee from the Lion King Caineghis, and attempt to kill pre-mature Ike in Path of Radiance while explicit stating "I left you alive to watch you grow stronger" in Radiant Dawn?

With FE4, is the "Emblem of Fire" mentioned in the ending as being the royal symbol of Velthomer really the Fire Emblem or something completely different? Also, it always confused me as to if Alvis was actually trying to help Celice by giving the Tyrfing to Palmark. On one hand, the answer could be yes, he was. On the other, however, when Alvis told Palmark "You know what to do with it," he could be telling Palmark to get rid of it. Also, the history behind some of the Holy Weapons is very briefly mentioned and never touched again. For instance, the Mystletainn is called the "Demon Blade". Why? During the conversation when Ethlin gives the Gae Bolg to Cuan, Cuan mentions the story of the Gae Bolg is a sad one. What is the sad story? Honestly, there is a good chunk of Jugdral lore that remains interestingly unexplained.

Where the heck the Dragon's Gate leads to. I always felt like it implied pre-degeneration Archenea, but the game doesn't specify.

Camus, Lewyn, the Black Knight, Renning, Oliver, Emmeryn, Gangrel, Walhart, and Aversa. How did they ALL survive things that would clearly kill. Heck, with several of them you see a body, so anime rule of thumb that no one is dead until you see a corpse doesn't apply here.

Camus, Lewyn, the Black Knight, Renning, Oliver, Emmeryn, Gangrel, Walhart, and Aversa. How did they ALL survive things that would clearly kill. Heck, with several of them you see a body, so anime rule of thumb that no one is dead until you see a corpse doesn't apply here.

I can't say for the other things but Camus and Lewyn are explained.

[spoiler=FE1-3] In the battle with Marth's army, Camus was mortally wounded and ended up washing up on the shore of whatever the continent is in Gaiden (I forget). He then went under the alias of Zeke. In FE3, he is obviously Sirius.

[spoiler=FE4] After the battle of Barhara, there were actually some survivors, but Lewyn was not one of them. If you beat the game enough times, you can see in the opening demo Forseti resurrecting Lewyn. It is also a popular theory that Lewyn was possessed by Forseti for the entirety of the 2nd Generation, thus explaining his heartless nature.

Edited by Lantairu

Was Eliwood's dad planning on rebelling against Ostia?

During the conversation when Ethlin gives the Gae Bolg to Cuan, Cuan mentions the story of the Gae Bolg is a sad one. What is the sad story?

I can tell you the actual story exists, they have it on the FE wiki, but not if or where it appears in the Jugdral games.

Camus- Killing him is optional, canon is Marth just ignored him I guess

the awakening gang- the spotpass characters (with the possible exeption of Priam) are non canon

Lewyn-

he's dead, the spirit of Holsety just revived him so he could help Celice

you've got me on the last 3 though

Where the heck the Dragon's Gate leads to. I always felt like it implied pre-degeneration Archenea, but the game doesn't specify.

That's obvious: casual mode is canon in Awakening.

Half-seriously, how many times was the "that fight didn't count" card played in that game?

Cuan mentions the story of the Gae Bolg is a sad one. What is the sad story?

supposedely noba and dain were siblings, and one day dain got into a fight with noba's husband and trying to stop it she accidentally killed her husband. wrought with grief she killed herself shortly after, so i guess that is the sad story?

also levin was killed by malfoy, but he did survive the battle of bahara

Since he survived the fall of the castle, why didn't he help Ashnard before Ike got to him?

After Ike defeats the Black Knight, there is a little dialogue scene of Ike talking to General Zelgius... who is not only the leader of the Begnion troops that Sanaki sent to help Ike, but the real identity of the Black Knight. So he was obviously doing his Begnion Army duties (since everyone believed that the Black Knight was dead).

What was the Black Knight doing in between the Mad King's War and the events of Radiant Dawn?

Serving as the head of the Begnion Army, of course!

Why did he flee from the Lion King Caineghis, and attempt to kill pre-mature Ike in Path of Radiance while explicit stating "I left you alive to watch you grow stronger" in Radiant Dawn?

You know how Giffca, Naesala and Tibarn can attack Ashnard, even with his blessed armour? I'm pretty sure that Caineghis could do it too, and that it would also apply to the Black Knight's blessed armour as well. Also, as a seasoned soldier, the Black Knight would know that retreating would be the best option in this scenario. As for that last bit, maybe he didn't want to admit the true reason for his retreat to Ike.

the awakening gang- the spotpass characters (with the possible exeption of Priam) are non canon

I take it that you have undeniable proof of this, right? If so, I'd like to see it!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

supposedely noba and dain were siblings, and one day dain got into a fight with noba's husband and trying to stop it she accidentally killed her husband. wrought with grief she killed herself shortly after, so i guess that is the sad story?

also levin was killed by malfoy, but he did survive the battle of bahara

May want to put that last bit in spoiler tags. Not trying to act like a mod or anything, it just bugs me to no end when people openly spoil things like that. Where is that information about Noba and Dain found though? Fire Emblem Treasure? Super Tactics Book?

Edited by Lantairu

What happened to Dorcas Lachesis?

[spoiler=FE4] Lachesis had Nanna with Fin and Delmud with Beowulf. After surviving the Battle of Barharra, she lived with Fin, Leif, and Nanna in Leonster, but when crossing the Yied Desert to reunite with Delmud, she was never seen again.

What are the motivations for Loptyr, the Demon King, and Grima?

For Grima, considering he is the Fell Dragon, I suppose he's just kind of like Majora and just wants complete and utter destruction. I can't speak for the Demon King since I haven't played Sacred Stones, but for Loptyr I'm assuming it might be that he was mad at Naga and the humans for treating his followers so poorly, similar to the Meddeus thing. Or it could be that he wanted more power over Naga in the world.

You know how Giffca, Naesala and Tibarn can attack Ashnard, even with his blessed armour? I'm pretty sure that Caineghis could do it too, and that it would also apply to the Black Knight's blessed armour as well. Also, as a seasoned soldier, the Black Knight would know that retreating would be the best option in this scenario. As for that last bit, maybe he didn't want to admit the true reason for his retreat to Ike.

The last part was the main question. BK had deliberately planned to kill both Greil and Ike in order to obtain the Medallion, but then in Radiant Dawn he becomes all honorable and "I let you live so I could surpass my teacher" like. He would've killed Ike right then and there if Caineghis hadn't intervened.

The last part was the main question. BK had deliberately planned to kill both Greil and Ike in order to obtain the Medallion, but then in Radiant Dawn he becomes all honorable and "I let you live so I could surpass my teacher" like. He would've killed Ike right then and there if Caineghis hadn't intervened.

If I remember right, that was something the localization added. The Japanese version doesn't state that. Or at least, regarding the Castle Naddos fight.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

[spoiler=FE4] Lachesis had Nanna with Fin and Delmud with Beowulf. After surviving the Battle of Barharra, she lived with Fin, Leif, and Nanna in Leonster, but when crossing the Yied Desert to reunite with Delmud, she was never seen again.

That didn't actually answer my question, other than she was never seen again.

If I remember right, that was something the localization added. The Japanese version doesn't state that. Or at least, regarding the Castle Naddos fight.

Why would the localization add something to make it more confusing?

Also, can you tell me the (translated) words of the Japanese version if they left it out? I want to know where exactly and what they cut out.

Something that's always particularly bothered me is the scene in Awakening during Chapter 5, where "Marth" says "Falchion is gleaming..." and it even has its own CG. It's literally never elaborated on again, and I feel like it would have been important; because why else would Falchion's design be changed to have that unusual hole in the middle?

Something that's always particularly bothered me is the scene in Awakening during Chapter 5, where "Marth" says "Falchion is gleaming..." and it even has its own CG. It's literally never elaborated on again, and I feel like it would have been important; because why else would Falchion's design be changed to have that unusual hole in the middle?

I assume Falchion's design was changed to make it look more like a tooth, since it was supposedly forged from one of Naga's fangs.