What are some loose ends/mysteries FE has left up to interpretation?

darkkfan

Why does L'Arachel say that her parents died battling monsters in her B support with Eirika (My home of Rausten is so near to Darkling Woods. We experienced many sudden raids. My parents took it upon themselves to defend our people against the monsters.) when they only appeared when Lyon awakened the Demon King? And if there actually existed monsters in the forest before DK, how come no one knows about them? I don't think that would be a secret that's easy to keep.

My interpretation is that Rausten is extremely isolated by it's geographical location and that contact between them and the rest of the world is rare. Located in mountainous, harsh terrain, it's less of a country and more of a holy city keeping watch over Darkling Woods. After all, the whole point of Eirika going to Rausten is presumably because it's a large undertaking to go there, you couldn't just send a pegasus knight. Rausten only started experiencing monster attacks in the past ten years, but there's been so little contact with the rest of the world, word hasn't spread. Monsters in the mountain passes have made it even harder. This was started by Riev, who came to the Black Temple and starting reviving dead monsters. He then travelled to Grado and told Lyon about the power inside the Fire Emblem.

Of course, all this is contradicted slightly by a bunch of Rausten knights showing up in Chapter 13 Eirika Route and then never being mentioned again. But fuck Eirika Route!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needed to know were Lehran's medallion was

He already had a pretty good idea of where the medallion was, since he saw Mist take it after Elena was killed, and since Lehran told him that Mist should keep it.

Between that and the conspicuous lack of evidence that anybody else had even touched the medallion in the more than ten years since then, let alone taken it from Mist, the Black Knight should have been able to guess that Mist still had it.

I would guess that that entire encounter with Greil in Gallia was a huge bluff: He had to demand that Greil hand over the Fire Emblem (per Ashnard's orders), while at the same time pretending not to know that Mist had it (so as not to reveal his connection to Lehran). Mortally wounding Greil in the process wasn't part of his agenda, but holding back after Greil started fighting particularly suicidally (and after the Black Knight specifically warned him that he would probably die for it) would have blown Zelgius' cover too.

Edited by Paper Jam

Radiant Dawn definitely has no shortage of loose ends.

Why did the death of Lekain not free Kilvas from the Blood Pact? (This was changed in our version. Which makes sense if this was supposed to be a sequel hook for a game that would never be made anyway.)

Why was the mark of the blood pact transferred to Micaiah? (Not acknowledged in our abridged script, but you can still see the CG in the soundtest)

What could Naesala possibly refer to in this exchange?

Naesala: Did you find out anything else about me?
Micaiah: No! I didn’t try to read your mind intentionally. I just felt that your feelings for Princess Leanne were very warm, and that’s all I saw.
Naesala: You’re sure? Fine. You’re a lot like me. I’ll let you off the hook this time.
Micaiah: What do you mean by that?
Naesala: You’ll see when the time comes.

Btw, the first thing Naesala did in this conversation is to ask were Sothe was, as if he was trying to confirm that the two of them were alone.

How did Lehran and Zelgius gain such a high status in Begnion society? After all, PoR made a huge deal about how one's status in Begnion was defined by birth.

Why was Micaiah existence kept hidden? Who arranged this?

What was the Black Knight even doing throughout the whole game? Like, what was his aim the whole time? Was he following Sephrain's orders? Did he want to protect a fellow branded?

How did Rafiel end up past the desert? There is literally no explanation for it beyond "Some sort of force took hold of me".

Were did the new Ashunera come from?

The Apostle supposedly can hear the voice of the goddess. Was this ever a real thing or just a marketing ploy? Lehran's descendants should be able to talk to Ashera or Yune as the case may be. But Ashera is nuts and Yune didn't know about the Branded until she meet Micaiah. Either way, the Apostle would know that there is no shame in their heritage.

Why do Astrid and Lethe suddenly suck?

Edited by BrightBow