[SOLVED] Music Editing and stuffz

ABomb

If Chapter 25 of the ultimate tut is outdated then what exactly do I do to edit music and are Chapter 23-24 still accurate? By the way, could I get a link to anything I need to download?

Edit: and what about the goal of a chapter? Seize, number of enemies, etc

Edited by ABomb

If Chapter 25 of the ultimate tut is outdated then what exactly do I do to edit music and are [/size]Chapter 23-24 still accurate?

Eh, I think the reason why it is marked as outdated is that the ELF way is considered as an advanced one by Blazer.Of course it is still accurate, but you can also edit music by Sappy. Follow @Agro's tut. Edited by MisakaMikoto

The actual MIDI editing part isn't necessarily outdated, although you can easily get last the 8-track limit now. The ELF method was never outdated... it was just wrong to begin with. People only used it because they couldn't figure out how the get the Sappy method working. I never actually wrote a MIDI insertion tutorial but you'll probably be able to figure most of that out on your own. As always, post any questions you have here.

Preparation:

Download and insert the Native Instrument Map: FE7 FE8

Download and apply the 12-track fix

Download and apply the Improved Sound Mixer

Download Sappy and MID2AGB

Get a MIDI

Process:

1. Drag your MIDI onto MID2AGB.exe, this gives you a .s file

2. Open up Sappy and find the song you want to replace (an empty slot works too)

3. Assemble song:

Select your .s file

Base destination offset should be some free space

Voicegroup offset should be wherever you inserted the Native Instrument Map

4. Use the Music Array Editor module in Nightmare to set the "priority"/"song group"