Still hyped?

nyainou

Want in one hand and shit in the other. You've never said anything meaningful during your entire tenure here. Like when you told someone to "Go back to China" simply because they said that English was hard once. When you act like a terrible, insipid human being, dont be alarmed when someone calls you out on it.

How, exactly? Nohr Normal sounds like standard (older) FE fare. Whats the difference in Hard Mode? Other than enemies being stronger?

Lunatic Hoshido, only a few rare bosses or random overworld battles will enemies have skills.

In Nohr Hard, enemies are full of dangerous skills. Ninja's are everywhere also, cutting your stats down by 2-6 selectively. And some had the dangerous skill that switches places with the unit after a battle, and they can chain you across the map into thicks of enemies.

The stats are hard, and late game bosses stand out as a challenge. Elfie with insane defense and strength and a forged javelin carried most of the end-game. But even she was falling apart towards the last five chapters on her own.

Chapter 10 is the first chapter where you will restart repeatedly on Nohr Hard.

Oh yeah: enemy AI, starting locations, and other interesting things can change between difficulties. On one mode, Marx might come out and just glare at you. One difficulty higher and he charges directly towards you without stopping.

Edited by Celice

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One person I talked to compared Lunatic Hoshido to FE8 Hard, but also acknowledge that it's been a long time since she's played FE8 Hard and could've became a better FE Player as a result

If that's the case though, I know where my first run's going to be

Anyway look the game gave me something I've been wanting for so goddamn long

When you ask for female berserkers and dudes on horsebirds for about 5 years, and finally get it, there's not much that can kill my hype at this point, really.

I'm going to take Charlotte to her righteous glory

Edited by Thor Odinson

One person I talked to compared Lunatic Hoshido to FE8 Hard, but also acknowledge that it's been a long time since she's played FE8 Hard and could've became a better FE Player as a result

If that's the case though, I know where my first run's going to be

Anyway look the game gave me something I've been wanting for so goddamn long

When you ask for female berserkers and dudes on horsebirds for about 5 years, and finally get it, there's not much that can kill my hype at this point, really.

I'm going to take Charlotte to her righteous glory

But still no female Warriors though :(:

Lunatic Hoshido, only a few rare bosses or random overworld battles will enemies have skills.

In Nohr Hard, enemies are full of dangerous skills. Ninja's are everywhere also, cutting your stats down by 2-6 selectively. And some had the dangerous skill that switches places with the unit after a battle, and they can chain you across the map into thicks of enemies.

The stats are hard, and late game bosses stand out as a challenge. Elfie with insane defense and strength and a forged javelin carried most of the end-game. But even she was falling apart towards the last five chapters on her own.

Oh yeah: enemy AI, starting locations, and other interesting things can change between difficulties. On one mode, Marx might come out and just glare at you. One difficulty higher and he charges directly towards you without stopping.

Wao. Thanks for the added info. Sounds like a maso's dream come true.

I'm really not feeling it.

I don't know. To me, the long wait just kills it. The fanservice, and the talk about the horrible Nohr plot, blah blah.
"The story is good and you decide-" Nothing! I don't really get that in this game when it's split into 2 version with bitter-sweet endings.

I think that's the thing. IS hyped it so much and I expected it to be good into my eyes, but haven't seen a lot anything interesting me.
I'm still influenced to buy it, but lets see where the western version takes and changes it.

Still very excited!

I'm a big fan of Kozaki's art, Nohr/Hoshido routes have my favorite FE plots so far, and I've only heard good things about the gameplay. Can't wait to see the game here in the US!

May I ask exactly how much of these plots you know? I only ask because universally while the broad concepts are fantastic, the execution and misrepresentation are horrendous and those overexcited while, more likely than not, be disappointed.

Since I can't read Japanese, I'm reading through an in-progress translation right now. I'm at...

the chapter where they invade Hoshido (so right after the boats iirc) on the Nohr route and I'm kinda behind on Hoshido bc I needed Nohr more for fanfic-ing purposes but they were just betrayed at Muse.

So far I like everything. More character drama-y than usual, so that's fun. Those are usually the kind of stories I read/write anyways.

Edited by blinkingbrave

I'm trying to vote "yes, super hyped", but I keep getting an error that says, "You must cast your vote in each question of the poll." There's only one question, right? Whatever.

I'm super hyped, but it's making me increasingly upset that I still have several more days before I can play it...

Since I can't read Japanese, I'm reading through an in-progress translation right now. I'm at...

the chapter where they invade Hoshido (so right after the boats iirc) on the Nohr route and I'm kinda behind on Hoshido bc I needed Nohr more for fanfic-ing purposes but they were just betrayed at Muse.

So far I like everything. More character drama-y than usual, so that's fun. Those are usually the kind of stories I read/write anyways.

I'm inclined to agree with you. While there are a lot of plotholes in the overall story, it's really quite character driven and I think I'm really going to enjoy the game when it comes to NA :3

Ehh... Still looking forward to it but not really hyped. I'll still get the game, all 3 stories (glory to Hoshido) and whatnot, but the hype has died down for me a lot...... I have been trying my best to avoid spoilers, but I hear the story isn't great. I still think the game will be a fun time regardless.

I'll say this, from what I have seen, the ideas are unique and interesting and I like unique and interesting.

Not really hyped but I'm looking forward to it and planning on buying all the stories if I have the funds. The only things I'm excited for now are My Castle and Wi-Fi battles. I have mixed feelings on the writing and execution of the gay marriage options and I think that's what killed my hype.

Though i already imported the game, I'm still excited for the English version. Even though it's infamous for having bad plot, i still think i'd be interesting to take a look at it. From what i played of it, i felt the gameplay was pretty great.

[spoiler=For those wondering about Nohr Lunatic]
Nohr Lunatic follows in similar footsteps as Nohr Hard and yet the difficulty gap feels quite big. Key differences are that there are slightly more enemies but most importantly, they get even better skills than they do in Nohr Hard (which increases a lot of the difficulty) and Nohr Lunatic sets up a lot of enemy formations that are very difficult to break through (Nohr Hard's formations are pretty hard to break through also but Nohr Lunatic tended to make the strategies i used for Nohr Hard useless).

In early to mid-game, you MIGHT be able to break some formations using raw stats (my +Mag/-Lck Dragonstone Kamui one-shotted some frail diamond strike enemies and Elfie is great at killing enemies due to her high damage output) but that will not be happening at all in lategame. I feel that lategame requires some smart uses of Status staves (Freeze is good for if there are too many enemies to deal with and Draw does good in neutralizing key components for really nasty enemy formations). Also, there WILL be some situations where tanking an aggressive enemy formation with guard stance isn't viable so you'll need Attack stance to get rid of them fast.

Ch. 23 in particular is pretty brutal since one enemy formation plays defensive and has two enemies with 3 different rally skills each. Another formation has 9 enemies and will attack you all at once once you enter it.

Lategame especially rises in difficulty when you get to Ch. 25 thanks to the introduction of Negative Chain (a nasty enemy-only skill that lets them infinitely stack debuffs. Having a unit tank ninjas will not work since their defense will go down really fast. There are a lot of elite ninjas in this chapter and non-kunai enemies will even use this skill if they have Seal skills). Having some Kunaibreaker units will really make things less painful here.

I gotta give this difficulty credit for having a decent difficulty curve (Not too bad during the first few chapters, mid-game can be quite threatening and late-game is quite difficult). I haven't played Hoshido Lunatic or IK Lunatic yet so i can't say what those are like.

My hype for this game died months before my hype for Idol Emblem died.

I wanted to get excited for this, I really did, but when the game came out and the thing that I feared the most actually was true (Hoshido not being able to do anything wrong, Nohr being spawn of satan) plus the return of Awakening's marriage system just killed any hype I had for this.

I'll probably still buy and play this game, but I really hope that Treehouse (Or whoever translate these games) will change the script a little to not make it look it was written for / by kindergarden kids.

They always do.

Not that I mind it as they are always nicely well done. ^_^

My hyped died down a bit when I essentially spoiled myself on the game. I'm honestly kind of looking forward to how the Treehouse will localize this game more than anything. Could the game be taking a long time because they are trying to make the story less... dumb? Are they gonna Samurai Pizza cats the hell out of it?

Hoping that they don't remove the homosexual relationships of ZeroxAvatar and SyallaxAvatar

Regarding the two paths' gameplay, I'm playing Hoshido Hard and Nohr Hard (semi-blind) simultaneously, and the differences are quite significant:

[spoiler=Personal gameplay impression]

- Hoshido Hard: Similar to Awakening Hard. Enemy positioning and density are still quite thin on most chapters, so Attack Stance will see more use here. Most enemies don't have skills. There are barely any status-staff users. The simpler objectives also make it much easier than its Nohr counterpart. Therefore, as long as you don't do anything reckless, you don't have to worry about survival. You don't even need to think much.

- Nohr Hard: Closer to Awakening Lunatic but enemies' stats aren't that inflated. It's not at all insanely hard, but can be quite difficult for people jumping right to HM for the first time (like me), and/or not yet used to this game's mechanism (like me :p). Enemies' density is really thick, and they often come in group so you'll be worn down really fast if you don't use Guard Stance. Status and Draw staves are much more common than Hoshido and Nohr Normal, and have very annoying placements (e.g placing someone with Freeze near a chest or village to prevent you from reaching it). Some enemies have skills like already mentioned, but thankfully not every single one of them. Strategy-wise, the game pretty much forces you to actively think and be careful, because every small step and decision may matter more than you think. Even if you may not win a chapter on your first few tries, the game makes sure that you have to learn from your mistakes and know what you're doing.

It'll still be a challenge even on hard/casual.

It's always set in that way and may have to use Iron weapons more often than you think. Because the penalities with even Killer weapons matter since you always have at least a 10% chance of getting hit. You cannot ever reduce it below 10 even with maxed speed.

The third base defending one proves to be quite a handful than even Nojhr since enemies are slapped often with Astra and Swordfaires even on normal. Others may carry faire skills.

That's the utmost annoying thing in the entire game.

Giving the foes +5 attk speed is something to care about especially on that route. They're only any good to those who aren't carrying ranged weapons. Better use the Spear in Attack Stance even though you cannot counter attack with it at one range like you can with the Javalins.

-----

Nohr is like an injection with a dark shot that Tharja gave to her daughter. -.-

That route will really spank your butt with a belt even on normal without using the right units and distributing your EXP evenly.

Mozume will want to be a Great Merchant for instance.

Effie should be the only Iron clad to use in this game! With her good speed that is valued over what Benoit has for more Power and Def. But...thanking the LV5 General skill, they won't get doubled!

Felicia doesn't need a Master Seal, makes a great heal bot on harder difficulties. Plus she'll get time to get some attacking skills as well.

Kaze shall be a Swordmaster for Astra watching out for his lower luck and def.

Zero is another option.

Hoping that they don't remove the homosexual relationships of ZeroxAvatar and SyallaxAvatar

I can practically guarantee they won't. America's a different place now.

If we're lucky, maybe they'll even give us more same-sex options and/or let us still get kids from it.

Wishful thinking, certainly, but it doesn't hurt to hope

Not hyped anymore but still looking forward to it. I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible (which includes avoiding the forums) but I'm pretty bummed to hear the story isn't that great. They really built it up as being a very plot-heavy game after all. I'll still go in with an open mind especially considering every FE game has been called out for having a shitty plot at some point.

Still hate the fanservice.