Still hyped?

nyainou

I'm actually kind of glad I spoiled myself silly over the game's storyline, otherwise I would have been disappointed with the game immensely and sound like one of the old veteran fans who gripes that Fire Emblem isn't what it used to be. Still, it is rather sad that Nohr's revolution isn't what I had in mind, a possible callback to Thracia 776's storyline and a possibility to screw up in either path based on the decisions made in the battle and in-between chapters. Not to mention the possible political intrigue in both paths and maybe a look into the psyche of His Royal Pain in the Buttocks, King Garon.

I really do hope IS learns from this (especially since they heavily advertised the story's quality) and tries for a better narrative with the kind of gameplay-story integration I remember seeing in previous games. (Maybe the leadership stars in Thracia 776 or acknowledging deaths as Blazing Sword or Path of Radiance did, even possible defections from your side if you force a unit to try and kill someone they love.) They can keep the fanservice if they wish, as long as it doesn't negatively impact the main storyline from sheer amount of plotholes.

Even better, maybe even make sure the fanservice fits with the storyline they are going for. Tie up loose ends and make everything work together in a cohesive narrative. But, with the job they did here, I'm not holding my breath for one.

Even then, I'm still looking forward to it based on what I hear about the gameplay, but my hype for it died down in June with the streams.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still pretty hyped, nothing shall stop my hype!

Also for those who are worried, Nintendo of America already comfirmed that gay marriage will be on the localized version.

There is still Europe, but i think we don't have much players there, at least not in Poland so they shouldn't change it either lol

Wow, people actually thought they would edit out the gay relationship? Are you from 1970's when they lynched people to fences?

A children's cartoon on one of the most popular kids channels had a gay relationship, get with the times.

Edited by Reflex

Wow, people actually thought they would edit out the gay relationship? Are you from 1970's when they lynched people to fences?

A children's cartoon on one of the most popular kids channels had a gay relationship, get with the times.

Not every country is, if on your there is high tollerance, or at least in public then i'm happy for you~

I'm inclined to agree with you. While there are a lot of plotholes in the overall story, it's really quite character driven and I think I'm really going to enjoy the game when it comes to NA :3

Tbh, I usually just kinda expect plotholes in video game stories and tend not to notice them anyways. Since they've gotta juggle the visual presentation, writing, and gameplay (and the gameplay is almost always designed first), I guess I always see a few weird moments where one element has to work in an awkward way for the others as a given.

There's been... one moment in the story so far that's stood out to me as needing a lil more character motivation explanation, but I guess the other plotholes are in the lore and nitty-gritty of the war or something? Alternatively, IK and the last few chapters of each route introduces a lot, seeing as the translation I'm reading hasn't gotten to those yet.

Long as the characters are interesting, I'm usually pretty happy. And since they and their motivations are featured so prominently this time around, it bumps the story above the other games in the series I've played.

Edited by blinkingbrave

Not every country is, if on your there is high tollerance, or at least in public then i'm happy for you~

He specifically mentioned NA confirming it, which is why I questioned why that would remotely be in doubt. Gay characters in children's cartoons and video games have been a visible thing for the last decade.

It just sounded like the same ignorance spouted within this forum that thought Fates would be rated M because Camilla shows cleavage.

Edited by Reflex

He specifically mentioned NA confirming it, which is why I questioned why that would remotely be in doubt. Gay characters in children's cartoons and video games have been a visible thing for the last decade.

It just sounded like the same ignorance spouted within this forum that thought Fates would be rated M because Camilla shows cleavage.

Maybe : P

I'm still pretty hyped, nothing shall stop my hype!

Also for those who are worried, Nintendo of America already comfirmed that gay marriage will be on the localized version.

We heard it first from NOA, to my knowledge.

*Waits for poll to be fixed*

Edited by The DanMan

Doesn't Steven Universe have some gay characters in it or at least implied.

im gonna marry shara with my f!kamui first hoshidan playthrough

which will be my first playthrough

hoshido/lunatic

then u no gonna go get some takumi ass

then maybe go to nohr and get some m!kamui x zero action if u know what i mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

then get some onii-chan action

u know xander

real talk tho xander sounds fucking awful

thats the only thing im not hyped for

im gonna marry shara with my f!kamui first hoshidan playthrough

which will be my first playthrough

hoshido/lunatic

then u no gonna go get some takumi ass

then maybe go to nohr and get some m!kamui x zero action if u know what i mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

then get some onii-chan action

u know xander

real talk tho xander sounds fucking awful

thats the only thing im not hyped for

Your list doesn't have any Tsubaki ass action, nohr (lol pun) does it have Harold chin action. 0/10. Just kidding.

I'm not sure why they insist on changing names in the English release. Marx is a much better name than Xander, but that's a fairly minor nit-pick all things considered.

Your list doesn't have any Tsubaki ass action, nohr (lol pun) does it have Harold chin action. 0/10. Just kidding.

I'm not sure why they insist on changing names in the English release. Marx is a much better name than Xander, but that's a fairly minor nit-pick all things considered.

by harold do u mean arthur

but really tho tsubaki was never a potential husbando for me

Every Fire Emblem game released in the west had buttloads of name changes,

I never hear anyone complaining about how they changed Turner to Tana, or Xist to Gerik, or Ulysses to Bastian.

Every Fire Emblem game released in the west had buttloads of name changes,

I never hear anyone complaining about how they changed Turner to Tana, or Xist to Gerik, or Ulysses to Bastian.

Well, I know this isn't a good counter-argument, but I didn't get into the series till Shadow Dragon was released (and people DO complain about Caeda/Shiida's name)

Those are actually good changes. Plus FE wasn't popular back then.

I do like those name changes as well.

Well, I know this isn't a good counter-argument, but I didn't get into the series till Shadow Dragon was released (and people DO complain about Caeda/Shiida's name)

I do like those name changes as well.

yup those names are beautiful tho

marx to xander just doesnt do it for me

shattered dreams when i found out marx's new name was xander </3

I know. I still remember that blonde woman say his name during the Treehouse footage and being like, "Xander???". I was fully expecting Max or a variation of it. I would've been content with Max even though I like Marx so much more.

I know. I still remember that blonde woman say his name during the Treehouse footage and being like, "Xander???". I was fully expecting Max or a variation of it. I would've been content with Max even though I like Marx so much more.

time to just

ignore the name xander and call him marx