Still hyped?

nyainou

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still super hyped about the game.

The gameplay is apparently really good in Fates, so I'm looking forward to that.

...even though I'll probably be really, REALLY awful at it, I'm sure it'll still be fun.

I'm also looking forward to the characters and story. I'm keeping my expectations lower for the latter, but from what I've read, watched, and seen, it doesn't seem to be... *THAT* bad. I'll probably enjoy it at least a little bit.

...really, I'm pretty much excited to experience everything about this game. 2016 cannot come soon enough!

...but hey, you know what would be REALLY nice?

...more English footage.

Edited by spiderbrush

My hype for this game died months before my hype for Idol Emblem died.

I wanted to get excited for this, I really did, but when the game came out and the thing that I feared the most actually was true (Hoshido not being able to do anything wrong, Nohr being spawn of satan) plus the return of Awakening's marriage system just killed any hype I had for this.

I'll probably still buy and play this game, but I really hope that Treehouse (Or whoever translate these games) will change the script a little to not make it look it was written for / by kindergarden kids.

Even after playing in for a couple hundred hours in Japanese I'm super stoked for the English release. Its going to be amazing to actually read the text. Gonna take some getting used to the English voices though.

I imported, but to be honest I'm really not feeling the game anymore. I ended up rather disappointed with it.

If I buy the English version, I'm only going to buy the Nohr route, and it's up in the air whether I'll even bother at all.

My hyped died down a bit when I essentially spoiled myself on the game. I'm honestly kind of looking forward to how the Treehouse will localize this game more than anything. Could the game be taking a long time because they are trying to make the story less... dumb? Are they gonna Samurai Pizza cats the hell out of it?

Super hyped. I couldn't resist reading some spoilers and watched a ton of gameplay and I still think it looks fun. I'm also very curious about the localization - this was the first time I followed any game's Japanese release closely, so it will be interesting to see what names get changed and so on.

For some reason I can't send a vote, I got an error message every time I press the vote! button... Anyway! I'm still in hyper mode as... I didn't played the game yet, so, yes super hyper! I need to play it at least two times (every route) before the hyper go away mmm...

People can keep moaning about the story as much as they want. I know I'm going to really enjoy these games.

Yeah, me too! Even if I already know what happens in the three routes and I understand why people complaint about the story, I'm still sure I will enjoy the games a lot and I will like the story and love the characters. people say I have bad tastes anyway

Not really hyped, but still looking forward to it. My excitement for things just tends to die down with time, which is good; I don't think I could handle the wait if I was still as excited as I was around the Japanese release.

...I'm also a little worried it's going to be a huge disappointment for me, with what I've heard, but I do that. I've honestly enjoyed almost every Fire Emblem's story and characters so far, with Shadow Dragon, not Awakening, being the single exception, so I doubt this game will be another even if it's not the second coming of Planescape: Torment or anything.

Are you one of those people who hates things because they're popular?

No. If there's something that I hate, then I hate it for a legitimate reason.

Because as many complaints there have been directed towards this game, gameplay is definitely not one of them; heck, it's generally cited as some of the best in the series.

I don't take stock in anyone's opinion but my own.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

No. If there's something that I hate, then I hate it for a legitimate reason.

I don't take stock in anyone's opinion but my own.

Well, instead of simply saying "I sure hope not" or "This is sucky", maybe you should flesh out you position? It's certainly easier to understand and judge somebody's opinion if they explain it, compared to "I sure hope not", "This sucks", etc. .

Because as many complaints there have been directed towards this game, gameplay is definitely not one of them; heck, it's generally cited as some of the best in the series.

Fates definitely doesn't have the best gameplay in the series. It's Awakening 2.0--and the level design is still pretty generic/bad in a majority of the game chapters, but there are some interesting ones at least, more than Awakening could ever claim to have.

It's an improvement over Awakening, but it still doesn't seem polished. And the difficulty is seriously wacky. Hoshido Lunatic is still a ton easier than Nohr Hard.

Fates definitely doesn't have the best gameplay in the series. It's Awakening 2.0--and the level design is still pretty generic/bad in a majority of the game chapters, but there are some interesting ones at least, more than Awakening could ever claim to have.

It's an improvement over Awakening, but it still doesn't seem polished. And the difficulty is seriously wacky. Hoshido Lunatic is still a ton easier than Nohr Hard.

Well it's your opinion, let others have thier own ; )

I'm kinda mildy hyped, i'll buy the game when this'll come out but i'm not like i would kill for it or anything lol. (maybe it's bad example)

Anyway i want that game to come off faster than mid/late 2016 for sure. : P

I'm looking forward to playing the Nohr version. I'm not too interested in the story or the character touching features but I'm hoping to enjoy the gameplay and building teams for PvP. Depending on how much I enjoy the game, I might download the third path and maybe the Birthright version, though I do need to make sure I have enough space on my SD card for all of that plus potentially some DLC stuff.