Mirages - Eleonora/Virion, Kiria/Tharja and Mamori/Draug + New Characters

Mox

This articles confirms some of the Mirage partners for our characters and introduces some tidbits of information on two new characters.

From this article we learn that Tharja is Kiria's partner, Virion is Eleonora's partner and that Draug is the partner to a new character, Mamori Minamoto.

Some information about a new character by the name of Barry Goodman was also introduced alongside information for Mamori.

What are your thoughts on this new information?

Edited by Mox

The thing that threw me off about Tharja is that Kiria's icon depicts a typical wizard's hat and a staff which aren't used by Tharja. Heck, the only time she could use a staff is if she was switched to the Bride class. Though since she's partnered with Tharja, this is starting to make me wonder about Kiria's personality...

So, still no Lucina or Marth. I wonder if we'll get mirages unlockable by Amiibo. Although so far they haven't shown Mirages to be swappable, so I don't know if that'd be even possible.

I think that, if there are more Mirages to recruit, then I think we might see something like in Persona Q.

In that game, characters had their personas locked to them (Izanagi to Yu, Tomoe to Chie, etc.) but they could all equip a 2nd Persona as a "sub", getting increased stats and new abilities from them.

If there are more mirages, maybe we could see something like that.

Yep he's that guy. Had the funny looking turquoise-like hair.

Is he THAT famous?

Maybe is me, i don't like Fire Emblem Shadow dragon and sword of light that much, but in this case, can i ask you who are probably the most famous char in fe 1?

I'd say Marth's entire initial party is pretty famous, even if people don't like Gordin or Draug much. Then, afterwards there's Ogma, Navarre, Merric, Hardin, Linde, the Pegasus Sisters, Minerva, Tiki and Camus. Maybe Julian and Lena too, although I'm not sure about them. For enemies, there's Michalis, Garnef and Medeus.

Nyna technically should be known too, considering how she has the biggest story presence in Shadow Dragon aside from Marth himself, but somehow she doesn't seem to be as big as she should be, probably because she's just an npc in FE1 and last chapter unit in the sequel.

Edited by NeonZ

Is he THAT famous?

Maybe is me, i don't like Fire Emblem Shadow dragon and sword of light that much, but in this case, can i ask you who are probably the most famous char in fe 1?

Well I never thought Draug was that popular either, never really used him myself. But the most popular imo are Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Ogma, Navarre, and Tiki.

Preview of Barry and Mamori in Famitsu:

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/089/405/5603d09fe73ed.jpg

Thanks for this!

Mamori looks really cute in her character art, and... is Barry wearing a dog costume in one of the screens...?!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see how Draug, Virion, and Tharja will look like~especially Tharja

Edited by spiderbrush

I wish we had a bigger picture. Barry looks to be a pretty typical otaku character and has the America anime face (dirty blond hair, big nose) and I think I see him in a dog costume for some reason.

Crap, Zeroed

edit: Found it slightly larger

20150929-00000035-famitsu-000-view.jpg

Edited by Masked And Dangerous

Well I never thought Draug was that popular either, never really used him myself. But the most popular imo are Marth, Caeda, Minerva, Ogma, Navarre, and Tiki.

Don't forget Camus and the the Whitewings(Catria, Palla, Est). There's a reason they've had the most appearances out of any character in the entire series. Including the lords, and even Marth.

As for Draug, I think he has a huge following due to his character being a joke among the Japanese fandom. Similar to Wrys and Bantu.

Edited by Jagen

Hm... Eleonora can wear that Alice/Teddie-like costume that was shown in a giant version in the first dungeon. (Well, it's closer to Teddie's crossdressing outfit than to Alice's actual costume).

Still waiting for Robin. I know there will be difficulty with the gender but considering how popular Robin was, I find it hard that they don't include him/her somehow.

There's no Lucina and Marth yet, which are even more obvious inclusions. At this point, I'm expecting there'll be some kind of Amiibo tie in related to them.

Edited by NeonZ

There's no Lucina and Marth yet, which are even more obvious inclusions. At this point, I'm expect there'll be some kind of Amiibo tie in related to them.

Oh, I failed to consider that. Kinda d**kmove though, seeing how scarce the FE amiibos are.

it's like they are trying to weaponize Mamori's cuteness. Her armor has bunny ears and her ax has a SMILEY FACE. It's Nanako from Persona 4 all over again.

As for the Mirages, dear BUDDHA, has Draug been taking tips from Zelgius????? Virion looks appropriately FABULOUS. And Tharja....it's weird because it's hard to tell wear her outfit ends and she begins. Seriously, her cloak is fused to her arms and her hair and mask seem to be one in the same.

With the roster update, the main classes not touched on are Myrmidon, Fighter, Mercenary, Wyvern Rider, and Cleric. My guess is we'll see a Myrmidon or Mercenary for sure.