Opinion of Gaiden?

Icemario

Now that's interesting. I didn't realize that was the problem there. No kidding on that one.

Probably. I wonder why they decided to do that? Was IS working on anything else at the time?

In one way it allows for smaller map sizes (1/4 the size in raw tile numbers as you only need to store or read the chunk, instead of the four tiles individually). I'm not sure if this would be efficient saving if the maps were compressed, and in FE1, they're not compressed at all. You still need tilemap and property setups for the blocks and their individual four tiles per piece though, so space isn't really saved there too much. Dunno if it was a programmer preference or if there was a more logistical reason for it.

Yup, are you CelicetheGreat on reddit?

Maybe. Are they a fan of stalker? :)

Edited by Celice

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why you think you can get away with lying.

The extract does not say that the player will not intuit that they will not learn utility spells. It it says that they will intuit them learning damage spells as opposed to utility spells. To intuit utility spells goes beyond that reasonable step and instead has to rely on much broader intuitions regarding RPGs which are subverted in the very same game anyway. You've also been doing some odd retroactive judgement concerning this problem instead of thinking about it in it's own context and the thoughts made when it was created in the first place. Meta intuitions about RPG design were not so deeply ingrained into the prospective audiences, so it's certainly less forgivable to rely on them than it would be now.

And this isn't conjecture on your part because...

That's the point, it is pure conjecture. Thus we can't pay attention to such pointless arguments from either angle.

Edited by Irysa