Another guy who writes words, plays games and does stuff introduces himself at last.

PlayGaiden.EXE

Yo.
I've actually been around for a while. I posted a couple things already, but I thought a proper introduction was in order at some point.
So... if I had to say one thing that makes me stand out from others, I'd say that I'm quite busy... or bluntly put: all over the place. One of many things to blame for this would be school. It's been pushing me away from my gaming addiction like crazy over the past few years. Super Mario Maker is out, among a hella bunch of other games I missed out on on the Wii U, and I have yet to get my hands on one. I'm currently saving for this and will likely go on a rampage once I get the time to dedicate for it. I'd also like a 3DS capture card to be able to record 3DS footage and share my adventures and discoveries on the Internet.
While I'm not particularly good at fighting games, a.k.a Smash, I'm top-notch at platformers and am quite passionate for challenging ones, even though I haven't played any in quite some time since I finished my Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels LP on YouTube. And I just like giving a challenge to myself, even if I go over my own expectations and make it harder on me than I should. It's even better when I haven't played said game in a while; to me, it makes it feel new again.
I'm also known to be very analytical about intricate stuff like game mechanics wherever my curiosity spikes. This is one example from a debate here about the Luck mechanic in Fates where I broke down a battle forecast according to what I knew and/or read about:

Weird, I've come to trust otherwise. Even played a skirmish to double-check my theory.

Lemme do a rundown of what I'm seeing in this video...

Sooo... Belka has 10 Luck. Say we go with my theory. She'd get 5 Ddg from her Luck stat.

Belka is also paired up. Guard Stance does provide 5 Ddg by default.

So Belka has 10 dodge as of right now.

She's now facing a 17 crit stat from the Berserker, according to what it says on top.

But here's the twist. As you can see, the Berserker has the skill Roundhouse. That's his second skill, after HP +5.

That gives him an extra 10 crit, at the cost of -10 hit. Now, skill bonuses aren't factored in the crit stat at the top (unless they increase your stats at the bottom left, and you'd notice the increase).

So the Berserker actually has 27 crit.

Enemy 27 crit - Belka's 10 dodge = 17% chance to crit, as shown in the battle forecast.

-----

Now for another example, let's go to calculate Belka's crit rate against that same Berserker.

She has 5 crit according to the stats on top.

She has 14 skill. Divide that by 2 (7), and subtract 2.

There's Belka's 5 crit.

The Berserker has 5 luck. He'd have 2 dodge thanks to that, after rounding down.

However, we have two additional factors to add:

For one, Berserkers, while they get a massive built-in +20 crit bonus, suffer from a built-in -5 dodge.

Proof here: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-classes/base-stats/

For two... Enemy units also only get half of the built-in bonuses of playable units.

We said Berserkers usually have a 20 crit bonus. Well... convert that into 10 if said Berserker is an enemy, which is the case here.

Same thing for that dodge penalty, weirdly enough. It turns into -2 dodge instead after rounding down (That's the only good thing for a Berserker being an enemy, lol).

Therefore, the enemy Berserker is back to 0 dodge.

Belka's 5 crit - Enemy's 0 dodge = 5% chance to crit, as shown in the battle forecast as well.

While I don't have a direct way to show how the enemy only takes account of half the built-in bonuses we get (as I can't capture my 3DS or provide a reliable source), among potentially other things... It wouldn't make sense that this enemy Berserker only has 17 crit, when they get a +20 crit bonus from their class. As far as I remember, I've seen nothing reduce a crit chance shown at the top to a value that's not zero (by equipping a weapon that cannot crit for example, such as a Bronze Axe), unless I'm missing a detail somewhere along the lines. Especially when a built-in crit bonus is taken into account...

So... yeah. That's the gist of how I am, gaming-wise.
When it comes to Fire Emblem... I wouldn't be honest if I said I didn't start with Awakening, because that's the first physical copy I got my hands on. I've been enjoying the game ever since I delved into it, only to play the past games afterwards and discover how cool the series really was. ShadowMarioXLI's LP of Fire Emblem 7 on YouTube is highly responsible for my immersion and contributed in making me a better player.
I got a YouTube channel under the same username where I'm currently doing LPs (I'm currently doing a fairly casual playthrough of FE8, for that matter) and showcasing other neat gaming stuff when I get the chance and/or feel like it. I'm fairly new to this whole commentary thing, on top of English not being my main language or being spoken on a regular basis, so I would advise to not judge me harshly as far as feedback is concerned.
Link is in my sig. Same goes for my Twitter page.
Oh, and I guess I'll fill up this "profile" thingy while I'm at it for a quick rundown.
Online name: iTzMeeMario
Favourite FE Game: Fates
Favourite Game (other than FE): Super Mario Galaxy, 3D Land and 64 are those which stand out the most to me. Lost Levels gets a special mention for the challenge.
Favourite FE Character: Ike, because he's the one that got me into Fire Emblem.
Sports: When I'm not training, I like playing golf.
Online friends: I got quite a few... Mangs from YouTube (for those here who know him) being one of them.
Favourite music: Super Mario Galaxy's OST is probably the best I've heard as far as I can remember.
Favourite song: The final battle version of Azura's Song in Fates has been stuck in my mind for the longest time, so I'd say that one.
Hobbies: Playing video games, drawing, editing, Internet and going outside. I also play Magic the Gathering with a couple friends whenever we get the chance to.
Good Point: I'm a nice and caring person in every respect.
Bad Point: I speak quite fast and am prone to misenunciate things at times.
Anything else?: Albino monkeys will have to do for now.
I'm hoping to make friends with some of you.
Edited by ItzMeeMario

Welcome to the forums, ItzMeeMario!

If you have Super Mario Maker at all, then you should definitely check out some of the levels our community has made, they have PLENTY of challenging levels that will put you right at home.

Hey, I write words too. Welcome to the forum.

Hello and welcome to Serenes Forest!

I hope we get along and I also write stuff!

Welcome to Airport 1001!

Well, I'm glad we got so many writers here.

Welcome to the forums.

I know it was unintentional, but try not to spoil too many things about Fates / if outside of its respective sub-forum. Some people don't like that.

I just found how to hide this in a spoiler tab so I at least don't spoil people accidentally, if that helps any.

Welcome to the forums, ItzMeeMario!

If you have Super Mario Maker at all, then you should definitely check out some of the levels our community has made, they have PLENTY of challenging levels that will put you right at home.

I'm sure they do. I hope I can afford all this soon enough.

-----

Thanks for all the welcomes so far.

Edited by ItzMeeMario