Magic asset Kamui??

Cinnamon Bun

Don't have a video but I can describe it.

Basically every other casting class has some kind of cool animation when they cast spells. Exorcist kind of create a sort of incantation in the air and hop around as they summon the spell.

Sorcerers move around and even levitate when they crit etc.

Dark blood kind of just stands there with one arm outstretched holding the tome. Its really mundane. Its honestly the worst casting animation in the game imo. If you could even call it that. After I saw it, i bought a Levin sword and just used that when i needed to attack at 2 range.

Ohh lmao that doesn't sound /awful/. Certainly an improvement over the acrobatic sword fighting.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have a video but I can describe it.

Basically every other casting class has some kind of cool animation when they cast spells. Exorcist kind of create a sort of incantation in the air and hop around as they summon the spell.

Sorcerers move around and even levitate when they crit etc.

Dark blood kind of just stands there with one arm outstretched holding the tome. Its really mundane. Its honestly the worst casting animation in the game imo. If you could even call it that. After I saw it, i bought a Levin sword and just used that when i needed to attack at 2 range.

Tomes can be cool if Kamui triggers Dragon Fang.

Edited by Tooru

So from how I look at it I should probably try for +Mag and -Spd or -Def, as well as keeping the Yato in my inventory (despite not using it but that's fine)

This way I can keep the highest Mag possible without taking a hit to my overall HP and without screwing myself over early game. I think I'm leaning more towards -spd because magic can't double hit anymore. Somebody correct me if this logic sucks haha :P

So from how I look at it I should probably try for +Mag and -Spd or -Def, as well as keeping the Yato in my inventory (despite not using it but that's fine)

This way I can keep the highest Mag possible without taking a hit to my overall HP and without screwing myself over early game. I think I'm leaning more towards -spd because magic can't double hit anymore. Somebody correct me if this logic sucks haha :P

Dragonstone debuffs Spd so you are easy to be doubled with -Spd. Depending on Def growth, it may or may not be a problem.

Dragonstone debuffs Spd so you are easy to be doubled with -Spd. Depending on Def growth, it may or may not be a problem.

Magic *can* double attack, just the dragon stones and Nosferatu can't.

Aaahh pardon me! Then at this rate -Def is looking pretty good. :o

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Definitely don't go with -Def, it's an important stat in the main game. I've gone with +Mag/-Lck on all my playthroughs and it works great. The only problem is that tomes/spells have low might unless you forge them, so I prefer to go with magic weapons and passive/healing skills instead of proc skills. Dark Blood with a Levin Sword can solo all of Lunatic Nohr except the final chapter.

Breaking Sky sucks for magical damage, because the truth is, enemies aren't going to have much, if any magic, most of the time, except for classes that have some use for it

(I.E. Magic/Staff using classes)

Tomefaire also arrives very late, but it's worth a shot if you really want it I guess

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Breaking Sky sucks for magical damage, because the truth is, enemies aren't going to have much, if any magic, most of the time, except for classes that have some use for it

(I.E. Magic/Staff using classes)

Tomefaire also arrives very late, but it's worth a shot if you really want it I guess

Actually, I thought Breaking Sky would be useful for an Adventurer Zero or Bow knight Zero, by the way, how is Zero as a Basara?

He has a passable magic stat, so would he make a good mixed attacker?

Honestly, I think magic gets a bad name in this game, unfairly so. It depends on your objective, but Dragonstoning is great for tanking. Pairing it with Moonlight Tome grants you a healing option. Skills will really define your effectiveness. As a rule of thumb, Defensive Stance is pretty amazing on a Dragonstone-focused Kamui. Likewise, Nosferatu can be used if you get the Witches skill (DLC and female only class) that gains same benefits from Defensive Stance. If you're able to get your hands on them, there are some sweet Spells like Reverse, Horse, and Rainbow Sage’s Ink Painting that'll done wonders for the build. Besides, what's better than having three offensive options, balance in Str and Mag, and the ability to tank? -Spd or -Skl are best for this build imo. You get a lot of bang for your buck, and while going for Defensive Stance will be a nightmare for you, he'll function as an early game tank, or wait for promotion and have Kamui clean up wounded enemies for less time spent outside of your optimal/preferred class(es.)

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

Actually, I thought Breaking Sky would be useful for an Adventurer Zero or Bow knight Zero, by the way, how is Zero as a Basara?

He has a passable magic stat, so would he make a good mixed attacker?

Only a 20 Magic Growth as Lance Fighter (you don't have to choose it anyway) and only 30 as Basara, it's still not very good.

20/20 Zero

44 HP, 27 STR, 17 MAG, 33 SPD, 23 DEF

I don't suggest it. I'd go for -Def. Like the above said, you'll be needing to rely on Yato for a while. Don't cripple yourself at the start of the game or you won't be able to go far enough, especially in the Hell known as Nohr.

Honestly i think - str won't do much, i mean he can take first chapters slowly, still he will be able to do them. : P

Well I suppose you could argue for everything in the end....

Negative Speed is obviously a very bad idea, in my opinion, unless you really want to use dragonstone all the time, which doesn't mind

The rest er, I don't really recall everything straight up, but roughly speaking

Negative Defense hurts your tanking ability, which is mostly the point of the dragonstone.

You can go with Negative Defense, since I guess you can just let other units do the tanking.

Do note that, in Invisible Kingdom, Chap 6/7/8 are going to be hauled by avatar, so be very careful, moreso on Hard and Lunatic.

Chapter 9 isn't a walk in the park either...

If you want, I do have their numbers just lying around somewhere

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Following up the idea on Dragonstone tanking, here is the stats that you'd get as a +MAG/-LCK White Blood, by 20/20, leveled first as a Nohr Prince.

White Blood, +MAG/-LCK, 20/20

43.8 HP, 30.9 Str, 28.9 Mag, 27 Skl, 29.8 Spd, 18.3 Lck, 26.05 Def, 15.35 Res

Uses A Swords, A Dragonstones, and B Staves

Uses magic for Levin Swords [3rd route or rewards], Dragonstones, and Staves [average +9 to amount healed from 28/3 ~ 9 + remainder]

---> Except in the 3rd route, you aren't likely to have a Levin Sword for this class, so normally you will be using your +MAG for non-doubling dragon-tanking or for enhancing your staff capabilities slightly

I should note that Dragonstone gives you +10 Crit Evade, which is worth the equivalent of +20 extra luck with regards to Crit Evade…..

And, again, for Reference, as stated earlier:

Dark Blood, +MAG/-LCK, 20/20

+MAG/-LCK: 42.8 HP, 27.95 Str, 31.85 Mag, 25.05 Skl, 31.75 Spd, 15.35 Lck, 23.15 Def, 21.2 Res

Uses A Swords, A Dragonstones, and B tomes

Uses Magic for Levin Swords [Nohr, 3rd route, rewards], Dragonstones, and Tomes

---> This class can conceivably use two different types of Brave weapons: Brave Sword and Lightning. The same is true of other classes that get A in some weapon and C or better tomes (generally coming as B-tomes).

Dark Knight, +MAG/-LCK, 20/20

+MAG/-LCK: 43.8 HP, 29.85 Str, 30.9 Mag, 27.05 Skl, 27.85 Spd, 16.35 Lck, 27.05 Def, 19.3 Res

Uses B swords, A tomes

Uses Magic for Levin Swords [Nohr, 3rd route, rewards], tomes

---> With the absence of the sword + tome Dark Blood in the Hoshido route, this is your only non-DLC (i.e., non-Grandmaster) way of getting sword + tome as a weapon combo in the Hoshido route, although it also means you cannot use your Dragonstone…. you get better movement, though.

I see, well that doesn't sound so bad! Besides that casting animation thing. Do you perhaps have video or could you describe it to me?? I do recall thinking that the Nohr prince(ess) looks ridiculous hopping and spinning around with their swords. :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6GlpBR2qeg

At 2:00 you can see the Tome animation for Dark Bloods~ I don't know if it's different for Females or Spells, but it's just one animation so I would imagine not~

Honestly i think - str won't do much, i mean he can take first chapters slowly, still he will be able to do them. : P

This was my initial thought! I'll have plenty of other units to help me out, and so long as I'm careful about it I should be okay until you get the dragon stones after chapter 5??

Well I suppose you could argue for everything in the end....

Negative Speed is obviously a very bad idea, in my opinion, unless you really want to use dragonstone all the time, which doesn't mind

The rest er, I don't really recall everything straight up, but roughly speaking

Negative Defense hurts your tanking ability, which is mostly the point of the dragonstone.

You can go with Negative Defense, since I guess you can just let other units do the tanking.

Do note that, in Invisible Kingdom, Chap 6/7/8 are going to be hauled by avatar, so be very careful, moreso on Hard and Lunatic.

Chapter 9 isn't a walk in the park either...

If you want, I do have their numbers just lying around somewhere

Yeah I figured both of those options could hurt pretty badly.. -Str or -Skl are starting to look appealing at this point. I suppose it also depends on which skills I want to invest in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6GlpBR2qeg

At 2:00 you can see the Tome animation for Dark Bloods~ I don't know if it's different for Females or Spells, but it's just one animation so I would imagine not~

Hehe aww I don't think it looks so bad! I like it more than Robin and his silly bow motion. :P

I'm surprised +Mag Levin sword Paladin hasn't come up yet. Consistent 1-2 range with 8 movement targeting res is amazing at killing things fast. You get like 3 Spirit dusts throughout Nohr and a +Mag pair up from Felicia puts Kamui over 1RKO thresholds for a long time. What's cool about Cavalier in Tier 1 is that Kamui can start building on their Lance rank and keep sword access for the stronger enemies bronze lances can't kill. (7mov is great in Ch10 too)

You know, you're right…. and you can get started earlier than my Dark Knight idea….. although I had liked Dark Knight for providing Bind to boost accuracy (don't the final bosses of Hoshido/3rd have like 69/70 avoid…. )…

But yes, there are several Spirit Dusts from what I've read, Hoshido has a good number of them too…

But yes, you are correct, +MAG means that (before flaws) you are guaranteed at a bare minimum 50% magic growth in any class, even one like the Paladin with no natural magic growth of its own. And there's that +3 stating magic form your asset….

You'd also gain access to Open Assault, which would be worth +3 damage whenever you're on terrain without terrain effects….

Nohr Prince Class Bases: 17 HP, 7 Str, 3 Mag, 4 Skl, 5 Spd, 2 Lck, 5 Def, 2 Res, 5 Move

Cavalier Class Bases: 17 HP, 6 Str, 0 Mag, 5 Skl, 5 Spd, 3 Lck, 5 Def, 3 Res, 7 Move

(Class change effects: +0 HP, -1 Str, -3 Mag, +1 Skl, +0 Spd, +1 Lck, +0 Def, +1 Res, +2 Move)

Paladin Class Bases: 19 HP, 8 Str, 1 Mag, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 4 Lck, 7 Def, 6 Res, 8 Move

(Promo Bonuses): +2 HP, +2 Str, +1 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, +1 Lck, +2 Def, +3 Res, +1 Move

+MAG/-??? Avatar Starting Stats: Level 1 Nohr Prince, 19 HP, 7 Str, 4+3=7 Mag, 7 Skl, 6 Spd, 5 Lck, 6 Def, 2 Res, 5 Move

-----> Then subtract based on Flaw: HP flaw: 2 HP; Str flaw: 1 Str, Skl flaw: 2 Skl, Spd flaw: 1 Spd, Lck flaw: 2 Lck, Def flaw: 1 Def; Res flaw: 1 Res

Cavaliers do have lower growths (75%, then 80% as Paladins), but the utility they offer (and their damage booster) might compensate…

Cavalier: 10% HP, 15% Str, 0% Mag, 10% Skl, 10% Spd, 15% Lck, 10% Def, 5% Res

Paladin: 10% HP, 15% Str, 0% Mag, 10% Skl, 10% Spd, 15% Lck, 10% Def, 10% Res

Let's assume that you reclass to Cavalier after level 10 (to get Dragon Fang, plus going through the earlier chapters; I'm not sure how realistic this is)…. obviously, Dragon Fang doesn't work with magic weapons, but it can be used when utilizing Yato or when building up weapon ranks…

To consider how you'd end up by the end game (although of course the game getting up to that point also is hugely important)

+ 9 levels of Nohr Prince Growths

+ Nohr Prince-> Cavalier Class Change stat changes

+ 10 levels of Cavalier Growths

+ Paladin promotion bonuses

+ 19 levels

Let's consider a +MAG/-DEF Paladin (we're already giving up some magic growth by using a non-magic class, so let's try to keep it higher)….

Level 1 Nohr Prince, 19 HP, 7 Str, 7 Mag, 7 Skl, 6 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 2 Res, 5 Move;

Level 10 Nohr Prince: 24.4 HP, 12.4 Str, 12.4 Mag, 11.5 Skl, 11.4 Spd, 9.5 Lck, 8.15 Def, 4.7 Res, 5 Move

Level 10 Cavalier: 24.4 HP, 11.4 Str, 9.4 Mag, 12.5 Skl, 11.4 Spd, 10.5 Lck, 8.15 Def, 5.7 Res, 7 Move

Level 20 Cavalier: 29.9 HP, 17.4 Str, 14.4 Mag, 17.5 Skl, 17.4 Spd, 16 Lck, 11.65 Def, 8.7 Res, 7 Move

Level 1 Paladin: 31.9 HP, 19.4 Str, 15.4 Mag, 19.5 Skl, 19.4 Spd, 17 Lck, 13.65 Def, 11.7 Res, 8 Move

Level 20 Paladin: 42.35 HP, 30.8 Str, 24.9 Mag, 29 Skl, 30.8 Spd, 27.45 Lck, 20.3 Def, 18.35 Res, 8 Move

Now, let's see what the end result would be under a -LCK flaw compared to this -DEF flaw: (-1.9 Str, -1.9 Mag, -7.7 Lck, +4.8 Def, +1.9 Res)

Level 20 Paladin (+MAG/-LCK): 42.35 HP, 28.9 Str, 23 Mag, 29 Skl, 30.8 Spd, 19.75 Lck, 25.1 Def, 20.25 Res, 8 Move

That could work, particularly with Spirit Dusts, Open Assault, Defender (+1 to stats if in lead of Guard Stance), etc.

To summarize:

+MAG/-DEF 20/20 Paladin: 42.35 HP, 30.8 Str, 24.9 Mag, 29 Skl, 30.8 Spd, 27.45 Lck, 20.3 Def, 18.35 Res, 8 Move

+MAG/-DEF Paladin Caps: 60 HP, 31 Str, 30 Mag, 30 Skl, 32 Spd, 31 Lck, 29 Def, 33 Res, 8 Move

+MAG/-LCK 20/20 Paladin: 42.35 HP, 28.9 Str, 23 Mag, 29 Skl, 30.8 Spd, 19.75 Lck, 25.1 Def, 20.25 Res, 8 Move

+MAG/-LCK Paladin Caps: 60 HP, 30 Str, 29 Mag, 30 Skl, 32 Spd, 29 Lck, 32 Def, 34 Res, 8 Move

Either way, skills known: Noble Lineage, Dragon's Fang, Open Assault, Rescue, Defender, Aegis

Edited by astrophys

Kamui's growth and Asset/Flaw always lead to good final stats.

Dark Blood is almost a unique class for Kamui. No beast-weakness makes sense; Dragonstone makes sense. It gives much more choices on tactics and makes the game easier. Since most players are using or have used a Dark Blood, they can help you whenever you are facing difficulties.

I know how to fix my tactics when I am using Kamui in a common class, because I have played this game for weeks. I know most coming difficulties and I will prepare for them.

But for someone who is new / is trying something new, "more choices" are more helpful than a good unit.

So would you go with this then?

Dark Blood, +MAG/-LCK, 20/20

+MAG/-LCK: 42.8 HP, 27.95 Str, 31.85 Mag, 25.05 Skl, 31.75 Spd, 15.35 Lck, 23.15 Def, 21.2 Res

Uses A Swords, A Dragonstones, and B tomes

Uses Magic for Levin Swords [Nohr, 3rd route, rewards], Dragonstones, and Tomes

Or would you recommend a different flaw?

Curious, Leo's Cold Sword also uses Magic, right? And it can Crit and Proc Skills, too, I believe, while the Levin Sword unfortunately can't. So would that be better to use then, on a Magical Corrin compared to the Levin Sword? Or maybe just as viable? Or Nah?

I'm just curious since I kinda want to do this, too on at least one file~ XD

Curious, Leo's Cold Sword also uses Magic, right? And it can Crit and Proc Skills, too, I believe, while the Levin Sword unfortunately can't. So would that be better to use then, on a Magical Corrin compared to the Levin Sword? Or maybe just as viable? Or Nah?

I'm just curious since I kinda want to do this, too on at least one file~ XD

:o I didn't even know that he got a magical sword! If what you say is true (and if Kamui can equip it) it could easily replace a Levin sword.