Hinoka, the Goddess of Fates

william2734

Which describes best how you feel about Hinoka?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Goddess of Fates if you dare (1-10)! Please also comment!

• 1 - I find her revolting (well I find YOU revolting!)
    • 2 - I guess I've seen worse
    • 3 - Kinda mediocre
    • 4 - Not the best
    • 5 - Meh, okay I guess
    • 6 - She's cute, yeah
    • 7 - I'd tap that
    • 8 - fanboy/fangirl right here
    • 9 - near perfect
    • 10 - waifu 4 laifu

Hinoka's growths mostly float around 50, which means high variability. They may be good on average, but it's also quite likely that someone will get ones that deviate quite a bit far from average on either ends.

They're not like as bullshit high as someone like Berserker!Kagerou with her 90% str. Getting bad strength with that takes a whole new level of bad luck.

With around a 50% chance, it should build up to something that looks approximately Gaussian in distribution (i.e., a bell-curve) in terms of outcomes. Greater or less will make the distribution tend to be skewed to one side or the other.

They may be good on average, but it's also quite likely that someone will get ones that deviate quite a bit far from average on either ends.

Tell me about it. Everyone bemoans Rinka's stat gains but she had pretty decent strength on my playthrough and great defense.

I thought she had the dullest design when the official artworks first came out, but I've grown to like it somehow. I was also very looking forward to see her role in the game and her support conversations, but they all end up disappointed me. And that's bad, because I actually wanted to like her.

So... like every other Pegasus Knight in the entire series?

Though it's really kind of tangential. but Subaki only has a 25% res growth even as a peg/falco......

I'm not really sure how to compare Hinoka to the other pegasus in the series, due to various reasons.

It's not like I disliked peg/falcos, but rather, they've always felt outclassed to me.

(Though I did use both Vanessa and Tana...but promoted them to Wyvern Knights...)

(Awakening is a different story)

Hinoka's relevant growths are all within the 35-45 range, so like mentioned, she's liable to get screwed.

Otherwise, I find that, reclassed to Lance Fighter, she technically is about as good, possibly better than Oboro

"No real strengths, but the strength is that there is no real weakness"

The actual strength stat might be a bit bothersome, but otherwise it should be ok....

Her and Tsubaki both did low damage, had high speed, no real defense, high resistance. Tsubaki has never turned out great for me, either. This happened on both times I've tried Hoshido, first on Normal, then on Lunatic.

Also, does Lunatic have static levelups? I've restarted some chapters and used characters in different orders, but their levelups always seem to be the same stats in the same order.

I'm late to the party it seems, but yes, characters will have the same level ups

I have no idea how much it applies.

But yes, restarting the chapter will not change the levelups you get.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Well, yeah, because he has 5% personal RES growth and 20% class RES growth.

Tsubaki (personal): 55% HP, 30% Str, 20% Mag, 50% Skl, 20% Spd, 25% Lck, 45% Def, 5% Res [total: 250%]

Pegasus Warrior: 0% HP, 10% Str, 0% Mag, 10% Skl, 15% Spd, 20% Lck, 0 % Def, 20% Res [total: 75%]

Falcon Warrior: 0% HP, 10% Str, 10% Mag, 10% Skl, 15% Spd, 20% Lck, 0 % Def, 20% Res [total: 85%]

Pegasus Warrior Tsubaki: 55% HP, 40% Str, 20% Mag, 60% Skl, 35% Spd, 45% Lck, 45% Def, 25% Res [total: 325% growths]

Falcon Warrior Tsubaki: 55% HP, 40% Str, 30% Mag, 60% Skl, 35% Spd, 45% Lck, 45% Def, 25% Res [total: 335% growths]

In contrast:

Falcon Warrior Hinoka: 45% HP, 55% Str, 25% Mag, 50% Skl, 60% Spd, 60% Lck, 35% Def, 60% RES [total: 390% growths]

Tsubaki's difference (Tsubaki - Hinoka): +10% HP, -15% Str, +5% Mag, +10% Skl, -25% Spd, -15% Lck, +10% Def, -35% Res

Tsubaki can tank physical damage better than Hinoka… he's more like a Wyvern [HP, DEF, low SPD] than a Pegasus, relative to Hinoka…. although he has low STR, so he doesn't fully fit there….

He might be good for pelting enemies with the Javelin you get or Shinrai Naginata, as staying at range might help him preserve Perfectionist, and his high skill and perfectionist might make him really accurate.

Hinoka is definitly one of my favorite characters of the game

he role in the plot is its not much, but loved a lot of her supports. planed to marry her in my first playtrough (Soleil for Conquest) i would put great effort on making her a competent unit

God I love Hinoka soooooo much. She may not have story presence, but she is strong, beautiful, and dignified all while being such a sweetheart according to her supports. I love how every retainer lives for their Royal but Hinoka is like the only one that lives for her retainers.

I love how she's listed as the most caring individual in the army, too. For someone as strong as her to also have a history like hers. She's totally my weakness.

I have a strict code again making Kamui marry his siblings, but damn if Hinoka isn't the most amazing thing. The fact that she calls out her own name to reassure herself if just the most adorable thing, too. Oh and her sprite has her clenching her fist in her palm like a badass.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that she's an amazing unit too? Because she is.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I have a strict code again making Kamui marry his siblings,

I'm going to probably apply the same rule…

even though they aren't actually siblings

….

However…..

I'm totally going to "waifu" a character who is going to be a daughter of one of those siblings. Hinoka!Matoi has no blood relation to Kamui, after all, even if she's technically his step-niece. But that's because I'm choosing based on my personal preferences for the character, not what I think Kamui would actually do….

But yeah, I don't have the game yet, but I think positively of Hinoka and think she'll be a great unit from what I've read about her.

I'm going to probably apply the same rule…

even though they aren't actually siblings

….

However…..

I'm totally going to "waifu" a character who is going to be a daughter of one of those siblings. Hinoka!Matoi has no blood relation to Kamui, after all, even if she's technically his step-niece. But that's because I'm choosing based on my personal preferences for the character, not what I think Kamui would actually do….

But yeah, I don't have the game yet, but I think positively of Hinoka and think she'll be a great unit from what I've read about her.

I haven't read the Kamui x 2nd gen character supports but I've heard that it's said in some of the supports that Kamui helped raise some of them from infancy so even if there is no blood relation, a romantic relationship with those characters is... yeah.

Far be it from me to tell you who you should or shouldn't Waifu but why would you want to pair your Kamui up with an expy (right down to the same hair color) of a character in the last game? I mean, I married Robin to Cordelia but it's a brand new game so I'd rather pick a new character to play with.

I haven't read the Kamui x 2nd gen character supports but I've heard that it's said in some of the supports that Kamui helped raise some of them from infancy so even if there is no blood relation, a romantic relationship with those characters is... yeah.

I can confirm this. I remember reading the Syalla support and it said he remembers watching her grow from being a baby.

Well, I don't like Tharja/Syalla's stalker characters, Mitama doesn't really interest me yet [i don't dislike her, but I don't actively like her either, I'm just kind of netural], I'm not interested in the fox spirits (Kinu). So I'm not really interested in 3/4 of the Hoshidan 2nd gens. Sophie's cute, although I'm not a fan of the clumsy gimmick (but I could overlook it). Midoriko is far too young. Kanna is your daughter [thus not an option] and is too young anyways.

Not a fan of the clumsy maid Felicia, Azura's pretty but there are other reasons why I'd avoid it, Mozume is too young.

Sakura is too young and is your "sister", Hinoka is nice, I never particularly felt anything for Rinkah or Kagerou, Hana is pretty, Setsuna's absentmindedness doesn't appeal, I'm not really interested in Orochi, not really Oboro either.

Also, I don't like the idea of locking myself out of children (even if it won't matter on no-grind), so I have a gameplay bias (for getting all the kids, or at least in principle preserving the option to do so) for wanting to go to 2nd ten, where in Hoshido is basically leaves me with Matoi or Sophie as candidates…

Mitama's fucking weird. Her art is not in the same style as the rest of the mugs, being proportioned a bit off, her outline and contrast being more muted, her eyes have stars for pupils, and her snapping brushes in some of her emotional mugshots. It's been a little distracting for me so far.

But her blood-red outfits look pretty nice at least.