Genealogy Fin

KainReaver

Just finished my first ever play of genealogy. Such a good game massive props to the guy/girls that translated it. I have to say it's (probably) my favorite FE. Im about to list the best things about it in my opinion but I want to finish on a high so Im going to say my very minor negative first.

Graphics they haven't aged as well as the gba have. I really wish support conversation had been put into this game first instead of FE6 they would have been so good.

Right now the good stuff. Best story, the two gens add so much. Best tragic character, see my profile pic. Love the holy weapons and the story that goes with them. I was playing blind so unfortunately i miss some but I know where they are for next time. Skills, I've used them in other FEs but they were here first. The map, love the way apart from a couple of skips its one huge map. Side note anyone know if there is an image of the whole thing. I could go on but I think you get the point. I like it.

There's a plethora of FE4 hacks out there if you decide you like the game a lot and want more :) The Binary Remodeling is always popular, and the Genealogy of ____ hacks are a lot of fun too. They generally replace the cast according to bloodlines, so in Genealogy of Fala, Sigurd is now Alvis, Celice is Yurius, and the starting house is Barhara and the main antagonist house would be Chalphy I think. These hacks feature lots of new items and content, some have new maps, remixed stats and enemies and playable characters, and some even new skills and branching promotions.

They're all in moonspeak, but if you've played FE4 already, you know how to navigate the menues and stuff.

Some of their readmes and info files were translated by TheEnd, and can be found here,

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/trans/

As for the entire world map stiched together, a few areas don't quite match up between chapters, but overall all the parts together do look pretty cool :)

There is a put together world map, found it on google, but it's big so I put it in a spoiler.

512.jpg

Anyway, it is indeed a great game. Not my favorite, but still very fun. I like a lot of the ideas, and the imbalance doesn't really detract from the enjoyment.

PS. It took me until the end of your first paragraph to realize you weren't talking about Fin(n) the character.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Thanks for replys lol bout Fin(n).

There's a plethora of FE4 hacks out there if you decide you like the game a lot and want more :) The Binary Remodeling is always popular, and the Genealogy of ____ hacks are a lot of fun too. They generally replace the cast according to bloodlines, so in Genealogy of Fala, Sigurd is now Alvis, Celice is Yurius, and the starting house is Barhara and the main antagonist house would be Chalphy I think. These hacks feature lots of new items and content, some have new maps, remixed stats and enemies and playable characters, and some even new skills and branching promotions.

They're all in moonspeak, but if you've played FE4 already, you know how to navigate the menues and stuff.

Some of their readmes and info files were translated by TheEnd, and can be found here,

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/trans/

As for the entire world map stiched together, a few areas don't quite match up between chapters, but overall all the parts together do look pretty cool :)

When you say you can play as Arvis do get valflame if so is that hack on this site or another. Arvis is my favorite npc/boss.

When I first read the title I too thought "Genealogy of Fin? How would that work?"

Wasn't Genealogy of Fala discontinued? At least from what I remember. I don't have many of the patches anymore, which is a shame since I'd love to replay them.

I recommend Neir, Tordo ~Revolution~, Binary, and of course Remix/Inflation.

Neir has really nice, updated portraits, Arthur as lord in 2nd Gen and iirc Sword Skills work on everything, so Ethina(?) with Daim Thunder and Luna? Slaughter. It also has Alvis... as Eltshan.

TE has a fork of Inflation on his site (labeled FE4 RM) that turns Lester and Altena's hair back to normal. Let's just say they were eye straining.

When I first read the title I too thought "Genealogy of Fin? How would that work?"

Wasn't Genealogy of Fala discontinued? At least from what I remember. I don't have many of the patches anymore, which is a shame since I'd love to replay them.

I recommend Neir, Tordo ~Revolution~, Binary, and of course Remix/Inflation.

Neir has really nice, updated portraits, Arthur as lord in 2nd Gen and iirc Sword Skills work on everything, so Ethina(?) with Daim Thunder and Luna? Slaughter. It also has Alvis... as Eltshan.

TE has a fork of Inflation on his site (labeled FE4 RM) that turns Lester and Altena's hair back to normal. Let's just say they were eye straining.

Genealoyg Fala is gameplay finished, but I think the story is unfinished. So for most of us without Japanese knowledge, it doesn't really matter :p

And I agree with all those recommendations :D My favorite is Neir for it's sharp difficulty curves that make the end-games feel much more dramatic. Genealogy of Ulir started up a while back too, but I'm not sure if it's finished to the end or not. Genealogy of Narga is finished and has new maps (not the best made, but still new!), and has some interesting end-game enemies such as Gato.

There's also a TearRing/Berwick Saga hack for FE4 that adds some features and characters from that series, including new skills, the shields, and some other interesting stuff. I think there's a Touhou hack out there too. I sometimes check out niconico to see if anything interesting is uploaded there that I haven't seen before--usually I just search ファイアーエムブレム 改造