FE9 HM NMU Run

I think it's only fair I throw up a chapter before I head to work, you guys have shown plenty of support + patience :)

Chapter 12: Is it a bird? ...Yes it's a bird.

27f5d591f6.png

So in the previous chapter where Ike so valiantly defended his laguz friend Ranulf and made it clear that the Greil mercenaries don't tolerate discrimination, we now have Mia picking fights with the ginger kid. Good work Mia.

7df4135ff1.png

I'm quite low on funds at the moment and forged weapons are infinitely more useful than Master Seal's in this game.

4accbdb480.png

For what Boyd has contributed so far, I feel he deserves this more than anyone else in the team. He's in it for the long haul now.

ee72dc0eaf.png

I promise my forged weapon names get better as the game progresses...

86d24cdf24.png

After screwing up the only thing Nasir had to do here and being able to single handedly kill all of the Raven Laguz that are attacking us, he decides to hide in the ship while we risk our lives.

bb10b841cb.png

These are the units I've benched, I feel like the laguz won't get much experience and Volke is at too much risk of being killed.

e61119323a.png

Speed is good, I'm happy with this.

127751c17e.png

This kinda sucks, a defense level is okay I guess but he's still probably going to get ORKO by anything that moves.

3a0d10bfc1.png

I'd like to get Ilyana's weapon ranks up a little bit, having just thunder tombs might become a problem later if she ends up with crappy accuracy.

a9c6aba32c.png

The plan is to move everyone up north so I can meatshield the crappier units.

3a5cdf6193.png

This wasn't even that useful overall but, hey it's something I guess.

1e8a0c0b2c.png

This is either going to go on a magic user or go back into the shop for gold, it completely depends on circumstance; further into the game money won't be much of an issue.

659f791487.png

A mymirdon who's strength and defense is about to surpass her skill. WTF is going on with my units!?

d80da01971.png

It's worth showcasing this just for the Laguzguard she brings to the team, I can see this being useful for chapters 15 and 16 as well as the later chapters where I will be going up against Goldoan red dragon's.

71709ae2db.png

Soren contributing to the team for once, good job Soren.

be5ea32509.png

Ilyana is just incredible, I can see why she often gets a fair amount of favouritism on these boards now.

2d3c89b162.png

Wrath Nephenee is the love of my life, if she had the Laguzguard prior to this chapter starting I believe she could potentially solo this map.

defe7186bf.png

Ziharks taking a bit of a beatdown so I have the white mage come in for some assistance, honestly I don't know what use Zihark will be in the upcoming chapters.

ed946a692a.png

Oh I'm sorry, how many raven laguz have you killed so far Jill?

e01dbaf1f5.png

With the Laguzguard this seems the best way to draw out some enemy laguz and get Zihark some valuable EXP.

11a0aca6ba.png

Sadly, even though Rolf hasn't had the best strength level ups he still has the same strength level as Shinon. This will do fine for now, with his forges he is doing a decent amount of damage as far as I'm concerned.

0126e491f3.png

While I wait for more enemies to come in I use my other units as a barricade to my advantage, keeping the enemy raven idle so that Rolf can kill him on the next turn.

b69762030a.png

CYA IDIOT!

b9172f0785.png

What is your problem Zihark, not even speed or skill!?

616b5ca67b.png

I'm not sure who I'll give this too yet, I'll see how things pan out later on. I might give it to Rolf when he promotes if I choose to give him the gamble skill aswell.

65038a25f4.png

NEPHENEE FTW! That experience is definitly something she needs at this point, I want her to be able to hold her own by day breaks.

e63fdf6558.png

Less AS penalty and slightly less damage from mages, eh I'll take it I guess.

d94f6ef3f5.png

BALLIN!

964b14be3e.png

Soren takes out the last enemy laguz raven, decent chapter although some crappy level ups but who cares :)

From this point forwarding I'm going to include Soren's reports of the previous battles.

Chapter 13: Thunder Knight Gatrie returns!

24e8d8c431.png

With how her level ups have gone lately, it's no suprise that Mia received the first MVP award.

9d2429d1e7.png

Strength is still desperately needed, speed and magic however are welcome level ups. I never understood why Rhys had such godly resistance.

6f792e6765.png

Ergh, without a Nosferatu tomb I'm not sure how Rhys is expecting to survive any form of combat.

0cfc402995.png

Brom is an experiment I will later regret, I figured why not.

d4ba1503aa.png

"Psst! Ike, ask Nasir and Soren why they have matching marks on their faces."

5645401b7d.png

Whoa! Such language, and from a princess of royalty no less.

86c850d170.png

Even on Hard Mode Gatrie can practically solo this map apart from the odd mage here and there. A pure water could probably solve that.

97b98f8892.png

I like Naesala

0c2b3e3c5c.png

This is the setup I started with, having Boyd shove Ike and then Mordecai proceeding to smite him allowing a 1st turn talk with Astrid, because if you ever wait till turn two to talk to Astrid this happens.

5eebbe7708.png

Even with the Knight Ward she sucks.

1da3bae99e.png

Recruiting on turn 1 actually made keeping Astrid alive manageable, and of course we could get our knight in shining armour back once more!

e7c0984cc0.png

Ahh yes, manners of course. This coming from the "gentlemen" who left without so much as a goodbye after Ike's father was murdered in cold blood and died in his arms. Cheers Gatrie!

21c144da65.png

6 chapters later and promoted units still can't damage Gatrie, dang

1e113bc990.png

It was an experiment, sue me :)

bbf6c3ea9d.png

Rhys/10

af82eaa20c.png

Nephenee on the other hand is getting there slowly.

01e31b5190.png

For a laguz, this is a great level up. I only hope she keeps this up because she's getting noticable more fragile as the game progresses.

12ef96e452.png

More defense ;o well, there isn't much rush to promote Gatrie just yet so I guess he can weaken enemies for some of my other units to finish off (Zihark, Ilyana, Soren, Rolf)

dab0e390f8.png

Good job Ike, keep it up.

6c273d82ab.png

Rolfs damage is really coming up a lot, I'm looking forward to seeing how he turns out later on.

8ccc949b42.png

Zihark you're falling behind Mia, big time :(

df7c162d37.png

Nephenee landed a crit! nonwrath. I'm impressed.

ec77804d67.png

Wow, good job Rolf. Now if only Zihark/Rhys/Soren could do the same.

5de8c4055f.png

Boyd gets the first class up and is even beefier than before, for some reason I thought he only got +1 to defense but gaining +2 is amazing, especially considering his defense was quite shakey beforehand. With his forge + 18 strength he's probably going to ORKO anything for the forseeable future.

aed66534ad.png

"Cut" us down? You're using a bow and arrow! Plus you're going up against the mighty Boyd on Royd's!

f43130ff0b.png

Nephenee I love you, please keep gaining levels like this.

3b335b85b2.png

I still haven't decided if I'm going to give this to Ike or not. I definitly want to give one of these to Volke for Lethality.

cd24f7629f.png

After seeing Gatrie's already mammoth like stats this really doesn't impress me that much.

9483366fb2.png

Volke's been getting crazy good strength growths for me, shame thieve weapons suck so much in this game.

5a6d720225.png

This is probably going on Mordecai if I'm honest...

7b96c6aced.png

Mia is looking like she might cap 5 or so stats at this rate. Probably going to end out better than Stefan too.

4cdc1c7a60.png

We're alive! I'm not sure what Sigrun's troop can do here seen as we wiped out all the enemies and the raven's already fled but woohoo!

WTF IS THIS? Consistant updates for a change? :)

Chapter 14: Fog of War!

159b05a52a.png

Quite glad that Nephenee is already hitting MVP status, the gold situation is also looking very tidy which isn't bad after buying expensive weapon/tomb forges every chapter.

b8bc4727ed.png

Just incase! I can always remove Shade or Miracle later on if I want Ilyana to learn Flare in the future.

c122e8d540.png

A spear of storms forge for standard thunder and lightning maneuvers.

65ce7f1587.png

Ike knew at this moment that Oliver seemed familiar, he just couldn't remember where he had seen him before; then suddenly...

50ca29e959.png

bae4422a57.png

fc80a31a76.png

They must never know....

7268d88353.png

Moving swfitly on! I get volke to search this house for a Spirit Dust and I have to say, I love this chapter. I can't remember where any enemy units were really placed and the Fog of War really got me nervous at times but man this was tons of fun!

28a7c87ea6.png

In that case, spread 'em!

726c0ade0b.png

I definitly want to get this out of the way with Lethe so close by, I know bonus damage isn't anywhere as significant as it is in Radiant Dawn here, but even so I don't want to run the risk.

3f70070bd1.png

CYAIDIOT!

6622ff8b1a.png

You are pathetic.

6769439e2f.png

Strength is nice I guess :)

3046c364b1.png

Lethe's face here is just the perfect reaction to this poor old grandmothers ramblings. Vantage obtained!

88911e6602.png

Please keep being awesome Nephenee, you are probably my best beorc foot unit behind Gatrie at the moment.

0598b3cb39.png

This is anyones at the moment, I don't think anyone needs a secret book so it will probably just sit in the convoy.

8b95b13900.png

Lethe thank you, amazing level up.

9ab3f9dc74.png

Plz get killed.

79bbce78d2.png

Gatrie finally gaining speed thanks to the KW, I'm really happy with this; he has a low speed cap but he's still going to be a meatshield for the entire game.

d40f38f663.png

Not a great level up but still ending up a solid unit overall.

77c92cbad0.png

Realistically I could have cleared this chapter in like 4 turns but I was so scared cause of the fog! :) I know those feral laguz and the killer axe berserker are just waiting to jump out at me.

bfe951c94a.png

Hyaherehhahahah and there's a mage! Plz kill Brom and leave the rest of us alive.

7f3d2ca312.png

Two words come to mind here, 1-2 range and **** that.

875e8da6cd.png

Thanks Boyd, I can count on you to get the job done.

0c16fb5bd3.png

The plan is working!

7d168b5fe7.png

Volke sneaks in a level up on the mage.

722e388e21.png

We risk it and Gatrie lands the hit! Chapter finished! Had Gatrie missed and died to a critical I would have cried.

Edited by ClLoulD

Chapter 15: Two steps at a time!

1dcb8c2098.png

Wow 10,000? The Apostle pays well! That's a forge plus a little bit on top!

169bc8ee53.png

Jeez, why can't Boyd make friends?

cecf88a2e3.png

Boyd STAHP IT!

328a9afb41.png

Good job Boyd, you've made captain sideburns cry.

98a0f9c5ef.png

Still won't double anything and can't take a hit :/ Why am I investing BEXP into you !

62cfa9490b.png

Your level ups haven't been great...So consider this a bit of a shove :)

dc852fc92e.png

I've also never used Volke before so I want that to change.

02ca7c01f3.png

Killer bow enabled !

420b32e324.png

I completely forgot about Lethe and now immediately regret this decision.

b3b91eec01.png

Seems like a solid investment, It was either him or Muarim and this is a casual run so I don't mind how it goes.

68b4910c0c.png

271b66e0c8.png

I want to keep using Ilyana and she seems a good investment.

8b4c6988e3.png

This was stupid AF though...

Moving onto the map though and as you've no doubt figured out by now I don't much care for BEXP.

d89dec6e44.png

Although Gatrie hits like this he can't move more than 1 square at a time so he's pretty much rooted :(

4199b06624.png

PogChamp!?

23b0b506dd.png

Yeah I forgot to mention...Rolf went to the local dealer and bought 4 doses of energy drops and chugged them back to back.

454c119f0b.png

The strength is nice at least. We still have some speed issues but I'm hoping to get those worked out.

110002ced2.png

Lethe on her way to Stefan, I'm glad she gained speed because once she stops doubling she's near enough just chip damage at that point. I'm glad she has a steady growth.

c987440ff3.png

Speed growth after a speedwing transforms Mordecai into a doubling machine :D Keep up the good work Mordy!

841d7247ca.png

The best Swordsmaster has shown his face at last! Yey for Stefan.

688cf05013.png

Rolf's growths are fantastic lately, I'm not having to rush to promote him. Even if Shinon returns at Chapter 18 he's still going to be sub-par compared to Rolf.

0418ea5a1c.png

STOP TORTURING ME!!!

1f2f9aa07c.png

...Sigh I may have to bench Zihark.

865898cdcb.png

Volke is being a team player and grabbing everything for the onvoy.

109591d7e0.png

Strength now > Speed at last. Things are reverting to normal.

7045c29c73.png

I made a big mistake with these :D You'll see in the upcoming chapters.

18c57941ab.png

I never realized Laguz could talk while transformed, or at least this conversation suggets that anyway.

9a3c65f236.png

Nice!

d54ff66903.png

Easy 10,000 gold made!

508345324b.png

Ilyana levels up on Muarim

1ab1c1e1aa.png

...And get's the KO! Well deserved!

• 2 weeks later...

Ergh, without a Nosferatu tomb I'm not sure how Rhys is expecting to survive any form of combat.

I find this funny because Nosferatu is TERRIBLE in this game.

@Levant to be honest, all light magic is terrible in this game but Rhys was necessary early on.

Whewww, been so busy but I still wanna get this run complete so here we are!

Chapter 16: The search begins!

4d3801f269.png

You have to feel sorry for Reyson in this scene, first his entire race get's killed by humans and then he gets sold out by the Laguz to this creep.

21099aecde.png

Boyd FTW!

793e784fb6.png

Soren you suck so much lmao

3d37394c66.png

Worth it for the killer lance, I want Nephenee to start levelling up at this stage.

2cc2172d44.png

Usually this always go to Reyson so I wanted to try something different.

21b9703a85.png

OP.

3286278eaf.png

This decision I regret, I should have given it to someone useful instead.

127107a971.png

Boyd is incredibly strong at the moment but when he starts to fall back a little bit at least he'll have this to help him out.

e7a2432945.png

I doubt this will make a difference but he seemed like the best person for this to go to, I have no intention to give Soren flare.

767c80fd75.png

Devdan hears the sound of battle before I even deploy anyone. Not only does devdan have the strength of 10 men but he also has psychic abilities to see into the future, intersting...

51c3f9240e.png

So I decide to give Boyd/Gatrie/Mordecai the bench for this fight, they'll have a lot to do in the next fight and for now I need these current units to level up for day breaks.

f63d0a463d.png

Never mind I had a change of thought.

6dc9ca36eb.png

Volke getting fed some kills, it's going to be a pain in the ass to try and get him to level 20 before promotion.

f4c9fb750a.png

The curse is spreading...

b4ce026b88.png

Ilyana is still able to double after all this time, colour me impressed!

23cc395c2a.png

PogChamp!

31acb87c59.png

Zihark picks up a gamble from one of the enemy soldiers, personally I think this is best suited to Rolf in my team but I'll think it over a bit first.

fa83996d38.png

Getting Rolf to Devdan the quick way is a bit risky but Rolf is actually a bit of a tank, I feel confident.

2b9b93e90e.png

Oh for gods sakes Zihark gain some strength already.

f463991e2e.png

Brom meanwhile is well :/ still not ORKO or going to double anything with his stats, but he is gaining.

6c5a4a694c.png

Mordecai by far the strongest unit deployed

7946002473.png

The saving grace gaining another fantastic level up!

c7c7436695.png

I've just noticed now but wow Devdan has such a fantastic jawline.

ad263b374c.png

Another solid level up from Rolf, that skill is great if I want to give him that gamble scroll we spoke of earlier.

006d6ba445.png

The animation for this is spectacular, much better than the standard fire tombs

e040d970e8.png

More magic which is a given, still needing more speed to double though Rhys.

7d67479d1f.png

Wow, okay Nephenee I take back what I said earlier you are redeemed! :)

a41bb24a99.png

This is going to come in very handy for Rhys, I can't allow him to get in range of multiple enemies anymore so healing from a distance is quite useful.

7ff2e06725.png

A pretty useless level up from the fireman but I'll take what I can get outta it.

41a0482268.png

Ahh, I'm not even suprised anymore. Soren's gonna do what Soren's gonna do.

a6abd679cf.png

DAMNIT! I gave him an energy drop too.

6c71179ed2.png

Good level up Mia, Zihark needs to be doing the same or I think I may have to bench him which would be a shame.

e7b2bd0b9c.png

lol

5727296c33.png

Wow! After a class change Soren might be back on track to hit his averages again.

922a5065fa.png

YUSSSS #CLEARED! Up next, Day Breaks! which took quite a few restarts and team management to do.

• 3 weeks later...