Alright so what's the deal with Chosen Warrior of Hope, Owain?

Cerovlogs

So can somebody explain to me the usefulness of his first skill?

I mean I get that it's there so that he can deal twice as much damage even when he class changed (due to the second skill), but it wouldn't it have been easier to just not have the first skill and have the second one simply break 2 orbs as long as he was class changed?

Am I missing something? Am I misunderstanding something? Are there any special cards that take advantage of this? I'm just very confused...

Here's a link, and thanks in advance!

http://www.serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Owain_(Cipher)

Edited by Cerovlogs

an ACT critical is much, much worse than a real critical because of when you decide to do it, and what it doubles.

Currently, his Support value doesn't get doubled, either. Also if he's not CCS, you can quadruple his attack.

an ACT critical is much, much worse than a real critical because of when you decide to do it, and what it doubles.

Currently, his Support value doesn't get doubled, either. Also if he's not CCS, you can quadruple his attack.

Ok that makes sense. But can't you still quadruple his attack even after Class Change? It doesn't specify that you can only use the skill once per turn.

Good point. In that case the difference is timing. Critting is after supports, so both the decision pressure and power are in favor of the real crits.

Alright, well I think I have a grasp of it now... So timing is the only difference in my head lol

Thanks btw!

So can somebody explain to me the usefulness of his first skill?

I mean I get that it's there so that he can deal twice as much damage even when he class changed (due to the second skill), but it wouldn't it have been easier to just not have the first skill and have the second one simply break 2 orbs as long as he was class changed?

Am I missing something? Am I misunderstanding something? Are there any special cards that take advantage of this? I'm just very confused...

Here's a link, and thanks in advance!

http://www.serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Owain_(Cipher)

You can use restanders to swing twice at 140 since it last till the end of the turn

You can use restanders to swing twice at 140 since it last till the end of the turn

Hmm I never thought of that... Then, what's the point of Owain not being able to use crits? Is it supposed to be a nerf?

What I mean is, are crits better than his first skill in some situations?

Hmm I never thought of that... Then, what's the point of Owain not being able to use crits? Is it supposed to be a nerf?

What I mean is, are crits better than his first skill in some situat

In terms of power, crits are stronger.

Skill gives you (70x2)+sup=140+sup

Crits give you (70+sup)x2 =140+

But most units wont hit a defensive 140 anyways so it doesn't really matter.

The main different is that you retain the power till end of the turn.

Like i said with a re stander such olivia Owains effect is

Discard an Owain, flip 2 bonds

Swing for 140, 2orbs

restand

140 again for 2 orbs

This can cause a massive swing in the game if you are behind and your opponents don't evade Evade.

ive actually vs a friend with an Owain lord deck and the 2orb dmg can be very scary.

So over all crit will give you higher power but 140 will run over anything(not 100% sure) so it doesnt really matter in terms of power.

but the timing of activation does matter.

For example lets say i Have Owain not class changed on the field. I swing at the opponents 4drop marth.

I dead trigger and he triggers 30. (70 vs 100) Because i am not ccs i can choose to crit at this point.(140 vs 100)

If however i am class changed. i can not crit at this point therefore the attack will fail. This means i would have to predict the failed trigger and activate the skill before hand.

Lets look at what happens in another scenario.

I have classed changed Owain. I use his first skill to get 140 and swing at marth.

I trigger 30 and he dead triggers. 170 vs 70

This means even if i didnt use owains first skill i still would have hit 100 vs 70

Meaning i used up a copy of owain when i didnt need to.

So there are situations where crit is better and owain is better.

Edited by DonDon

In terms of power, crits are stronger.

Skill gives you (70x2)+sup=140+sup

Crits give you (70+sup)x2 =140+

But most units wont hit a defensive 140 anyways so it doesn't really matter.

The main different is that you retain the power till end of the turn.

Like i said with a re stander such olivia Owains effect is

Discard an Owain, flip 2 bonds

Swing for 140, 2orbs

restand

140 again for 2 orbs

This can cause a massive swing in the game if you are behind and your opponents don't evade Evade.

ive actually vs a friend with an Owain lord deck and the 2orb dmg can be very scary.

So over all crit will give you higher power but 140 will run over anything(not 100% sure) so it doesnt really matter in terms of power.

but the timing of activation does matter.

For example lets say i Have Owain not class changed on the field. I swing at the opponents 4drop marth.

I dead trigger and he triggers 30. (70 vs 100) Because i am not ccs i can choose to crit at this point.(140 vs 100)

If however i am class changed. i can not crit at this point therefore the attack will fail. This means i would have to predict

the failed trigger and activate the skill before hand.

Lets look at what happens in another scenario.

I have classed changed Owain. I use his first skill to get 140 and swing at marth.

I trigger 30 and he dead triggers. 170 vs 70

This means even if i didnt use owains first skill i still would have hit 100 vs 70

Meaning i used up a copy of owain when i didnt need to.

So there are situations where crit is better and owain is better.

Perfect! Thank you very much! Now I am convinced that they have different purposes and each has its unique uses.

Perfect! Thank you very much! Now I am convinced that they have different purposes and each has its unique uses.

You are welcome! There is also a new interaction with set 2 i believe. Off the top of my head i believe owains first skill can proc promoted Luna's effect aswell.

Beware mild fates spoiler

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Luna_(Cipher)

Edited by DonDon